Which one of these do Veeky Forums use? I am on the hydrating cleanser and have some pretty bad forehead acne...

Which one of these do Veeky Forums use? I am on the hydrating cleanser and have some pretty bad forehead acne. Could I have better use using the foaming cleanser?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1ufvym/megalisting_products_without_cetylcetearylstearyl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wtf is the difference?

one was designed by yohji the other one rick

cleanser doesn't matter for acne. You need a aha or bha to clear up the acne.

Cleanser has a lot to do with acne actually. Plus you need it for good skin into your later years. Just like moisturizer.

the foaming cleanser is much harsher on the skin and will probably only irritate your acne (i speak from experience)
the hydrating cleanser is much better for ur skin senpai

Then why is the hydrating one giving me cystic acne on my 4head? Is there even any other options? What do you even need cleansers for? Can you just use moisturizer and still have way better skin when youre older? Or is the cleanser basically a package deal to have great skin in your old age

bump

/r/skincareaddiction

fuggin what lad

cleansers are to clean your skin you greasy fuck. also you do not know that the hydrating cleaning is the cause of your cystic acne. pro tip it probably isnt.

second for /r/skincareaddiction

It very well might be as it is the only option left. And you are saying you dont need a cleanser to have good skin? Moisturizer is enough?

Hyaluronic acid? That shit is way too strong for my skin. Makes it dry/peel/sting.

You realize that is in both the hydrating cleanser and the moisturzing lotion right?

The hydrating cleanser actually ends up breaking a lot of people out OP. Most Cerave products contain fatty alcohols that can irritate the skin and clog pores, leading to breakouts and angry skin

With that said, the foaming cleanser has done amazing things for my oily, acne prone skin. I haven't broken out in months and I swear it's because every other cleanser I've tried was either too abrasive and drying, or too weak to really clean out my pores. The foaming cleanser strikes a perfect balance between gentle and effective. Try it out senpai

cleansers help clean your pores and clear the dirt off of your skin to prevent acne from forming and you should moisturize after using cleanser or else you will dry out your face thus leading to more acne.
however if you have cystic acne then it's probably a deeper problem than what cleanser you are using and you should go to a dermatologist

cerave the greatest

The left just made my acne even worse. Would not recommend

Seriously just go to the dermatologist

acne.org
retin a
drink more water
eat better

But the foaming cleanser has the fatty acids in it does it not? Isnt that counter productive? Lot of people say that the foaming one will fuck your shit up more than hydrating

No it doesn't. Regardless of what anyone says you won't know until you try a product out for yourself

>no it doesnt

Okay here are the lists of products that do not contian the fatty accids. And look, the foaming cleanser is not on there.

m.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1ufvym/megalisting_products_without_cetylcetearylstearyl/

Cereve products can be too much for someone like OP. The ingrediants in the hydrating and foaming are nearly the same. Same with the moisturizing lotion, shits nearly all the same

I've tried both the foaming and hydrating, and I have oily sensitive skin. Hydrating cleanser did make me break out the two times I've tried it over the course of a wee, but it doesn't react that way to the foaming.

People like to say that those with oily skin actually need to keep as hydrated and moisturized as possible so that the skin doesn't overproduce oil, but putting on products that are too heavy can end up breaking you out.

Also, the foaming facial cleanser isn't harsh at all, unless you're furiously rubbing that shit in. It's SLS free.

Cleasing is good and all, but to have great skin in old age is where a good daily sunscreen (even on cloudy days or in wintertime) is necessary.

Wouldnt a moisturizing cream be a middle ground? Like not as good as sunscreen but youd be better off with moisturizer then nothing?

How long should I give the cleanser to see if it does anything? I am on the hydrating one right now and have been for a few months and i cannot get rid of this acne. So I am tapering off of it right now. Wondering if I should wait 2 weeks before picking up some foaming cleanser or just jumping right into it. I guess waiting would be best so I can see if its actually the thing causing the issue right?

There are sunscreens that both protect and moisturize your skin. You could just wear a light moisturizer under the sunscreen if it's not enough alone.

Mineral or chemical doesn't matter, just get one with at least spf 20 or so. By the time you hit mid 30s or 40s, your skin will be a dream compared to peers who have ignored daily sunscreen use all their lives. Sun and vitamin D is great, but destroyed collagen is not.

The only products that you should have a wait period on before discontinuing use (if it breaks you out) is stuff like chemical exfoliants (acids like AHA or BHA). They're the only products that can have a legit 'purge' period where skin gets worse before it gets better.

If it's a normal cleanser like the hydrating one you're using, and nothing else has changed in your routine, it's most likely best to immediately stop using it if it's causing acne.

Problem with moisturizers is that shit breaks me the fuck out. I am 22, is it too late for me? I dont normally get sun burned but I have. If i get started soon and find one that doesnt break me out, will I still have good skin compared to my peers?

Well yeah I am stopping using it right now to see if it actually is the culprit. It is the only thing I havent tried. How long before I know if it actually is the cause? Do I really have to wait 2 weeks? And if I find out it is, should i go for the foam? Or what should I do?

When it comes to sunscreens, I find that zinc oxide (mineral sunscreen) has the added benefit of keeping my skin less oily for longer. The trade-off is that you will look ridiculous if you don't have pale/fair skin since zinc oxide sunscreens tends to be slightly opaque white.

Mineral sunscreens are the ones that sensitive skin tolerates the most. I've only tried a few, but even the 'sensitive' chemical sunscreens slightly irritate my skin. At worst I've broken out.

A light moisturizer you should try at least once if your skin is intolerant is aloe vera gel, the highest and purest percentage you can find (like 99%). Make sure it doesn't have any alcohol in it (note that ingredients like 'cetearyl alcohol' and just 'alcohol' behave completely differently. Former is fine, latter is bad).

How long have you been using it so far? If it's been at least 3 days and the problem has only gotten worse you can be pretty sure it's the culprit. Switch to the foaming, my own skin cleared up after that.

Acne can also be a hormonal problem. I ended up cutting out dairy and sugary processed food from my diet and it noticeably helped my skin (it's not silver bullet, though).

If even the foaming cleanser doesn't work out, I don't know what I'd recommend since that's been the only cleanser that I found to actually cleanse without being too harsh. It can be a time consumer trying to choose your skincare options when you start to dig deeper.

Also yes, you will still have better skin if you start sunscreen usage now. It's in your youth where your skin is the most forgiving when it comes to repairing itself. You don't get hit by a bullet and wonder if taking more bullets would be bad or not.

You can also use things like antioxidant night creams, but finding the right one can be tricky and is somewhat extraneous compared to preventative options like sunscreen.

I have been on the hydrating cleanser for months now, I just now tonight stopped using it. I am not sure if this is hormonal acne, i think something is causing it and I believe it is the cleanser as of right now. I just wanted to know how long should i cease using it before I know it was the problem? I will be getting the foaming cleanser soon too. I have incredibly sensitive skin myself so this whole thing is so hard. I have cereve moisturizing lotion that I do like, I dont know if it causes breakouts but I dont think it does. I figure since im not cleansing now, ill put it on only once every other day and see if im getting better or not. Well maybe not, how should I proceed with the moisturizer now that im not cleansing?

lmao if it's been that long and clearly hasn't done anything for you, just stop using it. Get to the CVS or wherever as soon as possible and pick up the foaming cleanser.

I've also used Cerave's lotion and cream and they've been harmless to my skin. I personally prefer Mary Kay's timewise (for oily skin) but it's somewhat pricier. Neutrogena's oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin has also been kind to my face.

I tried neutragena spf 15 sensative skin I believe, and I think it broke me out. But it did have a scent to it so idk

Should I be exfoliating too? And okay ill pick up the foam tomorrow. Im just afraid to spend money on something that might not even work but I guess thats the game

I want to find something with no fatty acids like the link i posted, but for a cleanser and sunscreen and exfoliator because thats whats in a good routine right? Well plus moisturizer but I think the one I have works well. And you do this every morning and night correct? And exfoliate once a day? If thats even necessary. i dont do it at all desu, I just cleanse and thats it, and sometimes put moisturizer on if my skin is flakey and gross

Yeah, that's a chemical sunscreen. Neutrogena products can be really hit and miss, but the active ingredients in most chemical sunscreens seem to be irritating for some people no matter which company's they try. Try a mineral sunscreen.

Having fatty acids or not doesn't really make or break a product, since there can be a ton of other ingredients in play in just one product.

This is my routine right now and it's been working well for my skin so far. I get the occasional pimple like once a week or every two weeks (especially if I pull an all-nighter and get a stress pimple). But whatever acne I get is a lot less painful and much smaller than the breakouts I used to have. This routine is cut way down from what it used to be from like 4-5 months ago since I started to be a lot more scrutinizing about what ingredients are in my products, and my skin is now a lot less angry and irritated.

Morning:
>cleanse with Cerave foaming cleanser
>tone with morroccan rose water for a little hydration
>Rocket Pure spf 30 sunscreen

I'm pretty sure there are better zinc oxide sunscreens out there, but I got this one for free so I'm using it. It feels slightly too heavy for my skin, but hasn't broken me out over the month I've used it, so whatever. Previously I used Rejuvelle zinc oxide sunscreen and had no problems, will probably switch back to that eventually. The whiteness of zinc isn't a problem for me since I'm already deathly pale.

Night:
>cleanse with Cerave foaming cleanser
>tone with rose water
>Paula's choice 1% redness relief BHA exfoliant
>Mary Kay timewise for oily skin

Once a week: innisfree jeju volcanic pore mask

The BHA exfoliant I've been using for 3 weeks now, and is the product that's helped the most with evening out my skin tone.

what does your skin look like if you dont mind me asking? Also how come you dont moisturize? You used the word tone instead is that the same thing?

Do u think cereve moisturizing lotion would br okay for my skin? Like is it more likely to not be the cause of the for head acne? The real question is, can I still out the moisturizing lotion on my forehead and face? Or could that irritate it and not make it go away.. Or do u think it has nothing to do with it and its probably just the moisturizer

Here is what we are looking at btw

Neither.

Toning is taking a toner (liquid) on a cotton ball or pad and gently swiping it over your face is an extra step to make sure that your face is clear of any cleanser residue and whatever other traces of stuff was on your face. Different toners do different things, but generally it's good to get a gentle one.

Rocket Pure sunscreen is already moisturizing, so I don't need a separate moisturizer in the morning. Mary Kay timewise is my nighttime moisturizer.

That's not me lmao. I used to get bad forehead acne, but it's a lot better now. I'm mostly now dealing with my uneven skin tone and trying to minimize my pores.

I'm pretty bad at taking clear photos, but pic related is my left cheek. You can still see some of the redness and hyperpigmentation from the acne I used to have despite my atrocious photography. My right cheek isn't as bad, but still has some redness.

Like I said, Cerave was fine for my own skin. But note that anything that works for me may not work for everyone despite having a similar skin type. Getting deeper into skincare can be so time consuming when trying to find products that are 'just right' for you personally, the best you can do is go off recommendations for your skin type and cross your fingers it works out.

wtf is that pic suppose to be?

Read the post

goat

I'm not a frequent to Veeky Forums, just dropped by to figure out if skinny jeans are considered homosexual - But lucky for you, I actually use this product and a couple others that have helped my acne that has gone on until I was 22. It used to be moderately bad acne that was painful, now it's minor amounts of acne that isn't painful.

You're looking for the foaming cleanser - but you need other shit too. Cleansers just won't cut it alone. I personally use Stridex (see pic), prescribed clindamycin phosphate topical gel, and CeraVe PM facial mosturizing lotion.

a typical day goes like -

Morning -
Cleanser (at end of shower, don't use body wash on face)
Stridex (wait 5 minutes after the shower before doing this)
Clindamycin phosphate (wait until stridex dries)
Moisturizing Lotion (Wait until clindamycin phosphate dries, doesn't take long)

and then I repeat the process at night washing my face in the sink with warm water

Evening -
Cleanser
Stridex
Clindamycin Phosphate
Moisturizing lotion

I started using stridex only at night, and after a week I began using it twice a day. You may need to adjust as you figure out what works best for you.

All of you are dumbasses, if your skin is more oily get the one on the left, if your skin is drier get the one on the right. It won't do much for your acne if it's hormonal like most acne is, I have the cleanser on the left it works good, better than cetaphil which I used to use before.

I am not able to afford a dermatologist right now but I do have 2 expensive creams that I use and a routine that should clear any acne for how much the dang creams are
Morning 1. Wash with CereVe hydrating cleanser along with Aczone (dapsone) gel, 5% and I wash and dry with cool water, not warm not cold but cool water. I always dry with a clean towel as well
I do not touch my face during the day but I do see these infections and white pussy things forming and I want to get rid of them so I dont look so bad. I even use my moms BB cream sometimes if Im going out so it doesnt look so red and disgusting
Night: Wash my face again with the cereve hydrating cleanser, and then I put on Epiduo (adapalene and benzoyl peroxide) which is suppose to be really good stuff. And none of it seems to do anything. My mom worked at a hospital and got a doctor she knows to write me a prescription for Doxycycline too which helps acne and infections, and it didnt help the problem.

It isnt that cookie cutter dude, or someone would have said that. Some peoples acne is oily as fuck while flaking because its dry. Then what?