Veeky Forums bike thread

post your steeds

I ride a skateboard because I'm actually athletic.

Pic related is my deck

>I ride a skateboard because I'm actually athletic.
You don't mean to argue that skateboarding is "athletic" and cycling is not, do you?

where can i find a bike like this for cheap in europe?

I own this with full 6800 but I'm going to tear it down soon

I have a mini velo with all of the Mks x nitto collaboration shit they did, bullhorns and bar end levers with natural.cork tape.

I have a nashbar carbon frame on a park tools stand with an FSA tapered headset to go with the carbon fork sitting there....it's been there for weeks idk what to do with it

I wanted to try di2 but batteries seem like such a pain in the ass that I'd probably just hop on a easier less bullshit bike to ride

Buy it on the streets of amsterdam from a junk for 10 euros.

Most of them probably rusted away.

Old gas pipe (straight steel cheap tubing) slapped together bikes, with threaded 1" headsets and down tube shifters

You have to bend the chain stays to even get modern wheels I'm them and might have to get new wheels (700c standard replaced those). To find tubes and tires in Europe.

Just buy a new bike

OP pic's not gaspipe

They made a lot of junk back then.

You have some autist neets arguing hurr durr 30 year old butted steel such awesome bike

So collectable

Lie about what it's "worth"

Because they found it for $35 on Craigslist and boutnit because it had a tange sticker on it

What's your point? There's lots of good steel and bad steel like there's lots of good aluminium and bad aluminium
Stop being a philistine

no joke I have that bike in the OP with brooks saddles and leather grip. Ace bike but the dérailleur is shit.

How the fuck can you even afford to own another bike, fattie, the aluminium keeps bending in on itself since the force of two trucks is acting on it, you have to buy a new one every damn time shit

Its straight tubing, but I don't think its fair to call HLE gaspipe. Its a manganese alloy, same as 531. Pic for reference is my legitimate gaspipe bike

bad post put nice deck

imo, good post, decent deck.

CALL ME

Me

pretty gross looking desu. i bet it's nice to ride though

>just lyk ur mum

I mean skateboarding takes more skill than cycling and requires more upper body strength

lol

Funniest b8 ive seen in a minute

>skateboarding takes more skill than cycling

wtf am i even reading?

when i was a kid it took me fifteen or twenty minutes to acquire the skill of riding a skateboard.

took a couple hours to learn to ride a bike.

surely you don't mean skateboarding is more skill-involved because of neat tricks? bmx guys and fixie kids do neat tricks too.

this must be b8

nice but I used to put the brake lines in the tape and ended up ripping through one in the winter

cool, but the black foam looking tape kills me

hideous. but I hate try hard bikes

Wait but he's totally right? Riding a bike is easy as shit, but you need to have some dope ankles and foot coordination to skate around a city. Once you can ollie up curbs though, I guess you're good. But even riding a bike with no hands is easier than that.

this is beautiful

I like the trippy designs actually. I don't like those front wheel spokes though. muh aero is a shit.

I have a track bike but I"m too embarrassed about it to post. Still replacing the shitty components it came with.

>Riding a bike is easy as shit, but you need to have some dope ankles and foot coordination to skate around a city.

Whatever shitlord, skating has a cool image but bikes can actually be used to get from point A to B. In big cities they're faster than cars. If you think it's low skill then you're obviously not going fast enough. just keep reducing your safety margins around cars curbs etc. until you die.

Riding, keyword, you're simply riding, that's not impressive that's lame as fuck
I agree
But even past ollie, any fucking body can ollie, hell I don't know anyone who skates that just ollies, people are doing laser flips down stairs and shit that's where the real skill is and everyone I know who skates is trying to get on that level. But everyone I know with a bike just rides it aside from one person who uses it for BMX. But even then

At it's core biking is just a mode of transport it's often one of the first things you master in childhood as well. While skateboarding always has been and is at it's core an extreme sport.

Anybody can bike, not everyone can pick up and skate

what a great bike

My bike isn't aluminum

cringe

People usually stop skating once they mentally age past 16.