Jean Jackets

Are jean jackets still considered effay? I've been looking for a casual summer jacket, and jean jackets keep popping up as something you can always wear casually and make it look nice (opposed to other jackets which serve more of a purpose for rain, wind, etc). Especially the one I'm considering in the pic, which is lighter. Anyone have some opinions, inspo, recs, etc?

denim jackets will never go out of style. don't buy a shitty one though.

What pants would you rec to wear with them that AREN'T jeans? I'm actually not a huge fan of blue jeans anymore, I'm more into chinos or whatever else that feels comfy. If I do wear jeans, it's black or grey.

any neutral colored pants dude

Not op here. Would you consider Levi's decent? And is there much difference in quality between the new and vintage ones?

Brown chinos

Dude, for wanting to wear a masculine and basic jacket you sure seem like a pussy.

I don't think you can pull off a denim jacket to be honest. Too bitchy.

See
Jean jackets are fucking rad. Very casual, very sturdy, great for outdoors activities.

A great summer/fall fit is some lightweight chinos and a denim jacket. The color of the chinos can be pretty much anything that compliments the jacket.

Current levis jackets seem to be designed for manlets. The sleeves on the medium size are way too short.
That being said, levis quality has been garbage for years. Get a vintage made in USA one if you have to have a levis jacket. Protip: look for ones that have numbered sizes eg 38L, 42r etc as they tend to fit the best imo.

The commuter line has longer sleeves

I'm 6'2" and bought a medium.

My back has outgrown it though :^(

fucking rows

got a new cooler nylon jacket though

I've noticed this as well. The arms are also way too small. Fucking choke the shit out of my arms. I ended up having to stretch the hell out of my own jacket so it was comfortable.

I have so many god damn denim jackets. Lookout for naked and famous sales. I have two jackets from them. El5 and a black one. Both are good for moderate weather and look badass. I have a few levi jackets too and they are aight

Levi's Trucker is GOAT.

Personally for denim jackets, I think you should try get one slightly larger than what you would normally get. I bought a medium one from a vintage shop in town; and took it back a week later and swapped it for an XL. Too small and you end up looking like a girl. XL also means you can wear it over hoodies and other layers too. Plus they look better with the sleeves rolled a bit.

Depends. If you're a skinny awkward guy then Oversized looks pretty bad.

I think vintage made levis are generally superior to the thin crappy ones they produce now

>mfw my LVC denim jacket comes in the mail tomorrow

Ah yeah lvc make some good jackets though desu. Very expensive here unless you find them on offer.

>Are jean jackets still considered effay?
Unless you're Jensen Akles or Daniel Craig no
And fuck anyone stupid enough to suggest otherwise

wew

Dumb cunt

implying daniel craig ever looked good
it's not 2008 anymore