Veeky Forums confessions:

time for Veeky Forums confessions!

real talk Veeky Forumsmalam - you guys make me overthink my cops and fits and make me feel insecure. i am mentally healthier when i don't visit the board but i'm honestly addicted to being here and the internet in general.

I honestly can't tell whether or not this board is serious sometimes. I think virtually all Rick Owens tier fashion is the most autistic shit I've ever seen in my life plus I hate the muted colours trend going on right now and the running shoe style trainer thing. I have a complete love hate relationship with this board.

been on here for a few months, starting to dress better but am becoming to much like the meme of this board and I know I don't want to end up like that. I cam here to learn to dress better, not become a skinny, pretentious, trend-hopper who spend to much money and no real friends only Veeky Forums to talk to.

I have stopped dating girls exclusively because I couldn't get over how bad their style was. In my defense, it was a vet student who was a t-shirt-and-jeans-24/7 type of girl.

I have one or two suits that have a few fit issues that bug me so much that I tend to be in a bad mood when I wear them. It'd have it fixed but the issues are pretty pervasive so I figure I'll just replace them ASAP.

the no socks thing in menswear does not look good, has never looked good, and is borderline disgusting.

no show socks are for middleschool. any menswear outfit in which the man is not wearing socks would look better if the man was wearing socks. prove me wrong.

I used to be goth in highschool, the worst part is that was probably the point in my life where I was the most fashionable

I'm 5'10" 198lbs and should probably kill myself.

You sure your not gay? If you want a girl to dress nice don't expect a piss poor vet/med/law student to be able to. Find a girl with a job.

>If you want a girl to dress nice don't expect a piss poor vet/med/law student to be able to. Find a girl with a job.
Eh, it's not about nice, it's about effort. Cheap dresses can look nice. Showing up to a really nice restaurant in the same stuff you wear to muck out stalls is a bit much.

It's your fault for expecting a graduate student to put effort into their clothes. Some do, but they are not the sharpest suits in the closet if you catch my drift.

ar-are you me?

>memeswear

I came here looking for sneaker recommendations and now I'm rethinking my wardrobe choices

are you me

>no show socks are for middleschool
incorrect, no show socks are the perfect way to make it look like your not wearing socks, but have your feet not smell like shit. kids in middle-schoolers are wearing nike elite socks which are like $20 a pack its scam

>I came here looking for sneaker recommendations and now I'm rethinking my life
this would be me

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up. You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your trpicode if it isn't necessary to the conversation. It's poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post you're making. If you are not keen on making this change, you are free to explore other websites more suitable to your taste. Reddit.com and 9gag are two great places for you to start.

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Hey, at least you're not 5'7 like me. I'm approaching subhuman status.

For the most part, New Balance is ugly. They look like the one pair of shoes your dad wears to the office and on the weekend. They're so fucking bland and devoid of personality.

this board is only good for laughing and occasional good clothes, dont take it serious
people here have nothing to do with fashion

I like Rick Owens. I used to hate it back in 2010 but I was an immature child, its an acquired taste and you liking or not linking it is your opinion.

Btw most people don't think its autistic, unless you're in a farm or somewhere 3rd worldly, there is nothing to worry about.

Want me to explain briefly & vaguely why I think RO looks good? and why I thought the opposite in the past?

yes please, explain

I'm like the reverse. Sometimes I can't tell if these "menswear" and palewave shit is serious. so many fucked up basic fits get lauded in WAYWT.

I've gotten some good tips here and there, but ultimately I think most of this board exists just so autists who drop way too much money on bad clothes can be validated by other autists who spent way too much on clothes and if you actually wear half these clothes out you look like an amazing retard with little sense of what actually looks good and isn't just marked up meme wear.

Kinda what said
I like the concept of modern fashion, then I see it, and it's basically categorized into everything I hate about fashion.

Especially shit like overpriced poorly designed running shoes being bought and used by people who will not run a fucking inch in their lives, the fact that regular boots and simple shoes are dying out to over-designed training shoes and converse mutants, trousers that don't have long enough legs that are then in turn rolled up so you can see the person's lack of socks, parachute pants with skinny legs to emphasize on the fact you look like you're wearing an overfilled adult diaper, the indistinguishable difference between fashionably oversized and unfashionably oversized because there isn't, the indistinguishable difference between looking like a wigger and a post ironic muted tones japanese inspired wigger, skinny jeans as a concept, and a whole slew of other things.

That being said, I'll respect fashion is subjective, but right now modern fashion as a whole isn't doing a whole lot for my subjective tastes.

Also intentionally ripped and/or damaged clothes, especially that.

I shittalk all of you but dress like shit and am overweight.

5'9" 196lbs here
Due to my gigantic ribcage, broad shoulders and muscular legs I will never look good no matter how much of it I lose

Women in NBs is fucking disgusting. I assume that any woman buying any of them bar maybe the 410 is a dyke or has given up on life

>i like business casual and americana and am afraid of my femininity

i got more compliments about my clothes when i wore second hand 501s and my dads old shirts that were too big for me and just whatever the fuck was on my bedroom floor

i'd only ever shave like once a week at the most and had greasy shoulder length hair i never washed

now i'm kinda repulsed by ppl who dress like that

i drop 2-3k on designer clothes I like every 2 weeks cause it's the only thing that still makes me happy. By the time they get delivered I enter depression, try them on once then return them cause I think everything is ugly when depressed.

this.

Veeky Forums members lack any sort of confidence and individuality, which results in trend-hopping and restlessly seeking validation for your fashion taste amongst Veeky Forums peers, which is counterintuitive cause everyone on here is as misguided as the next guy. everyones so self conscious about memery, yet everyone's always so trend conscious??
also expensive =/= fashionable you fucks.
also also why is Veeky Forums impossible to satisfy? ive seen really handsome dudes in face threads get shitted on. anyone remember that buff dude that got shitted on a few days ago? like what the fuck hahaha

they counter envy and insecurity with hate, if somebody looks better or is more fit than them they post nasty things as a self defense mechanism to make themselves feel better

After I stopped trying to be Veeky Forums and started dressing like a regular dude my life has improved tenfold. More friends, more girls, better job, everything is better.
Being a sad fuccboi with $5k worth of clothes on isn't worth it unless you run a clothing company or something

>everyone should aspire to my vision of selfhood.it's just common sense duh.

Then prove it. Post your previous fits.

i like rick owens but most people posting fit pics on here don't wear his stuff well at all

plus they all wear the same meme outfit with the shorts and 'layering' t-shirts or whatever

As expected, I'm certain a bunch of anons are like that too since Veeky Forums is so public, thats why I never take these opinions as relevant. Try to lurk or leave for another board you don't have to shit talk even less if you're baseless.

>impersonating killy
i think u and ur other 5 killy impersonators should stick to lurking, or quit using that trip
i think less of your opinion whenever i see that trip

Its however you like user. Ignore, hate, spam me I don't mind and yes there are like 4 now.

I didn't get fucked genetically, I just eat too much pasta. So I'm dieting and starting to exercise, maybe I'll lose weight and be attractive.

Yes.

I'm not complaining about height, I was just pointing out that 198lbs is bad at that height.

ok then fuck u kys bye

coming here has made me appreciate clothes x10 more, and has made me dress better overall and I like that a lot

however I'm much more insecure and quietly resent those who dress like absolute garbage, i overall feel more alienated

baaw kiss u too user

I wouldn't say I was fucked genetically, I could be Veeky Forums, but I want to be Veeky Forums

im too average in looks and my body is too shitty to wear the designers and clothes i actually like.
i just admire the shit out of it :(

i feel like Veeky Forums is doing me more harm than good
i already dressed pretty alright but now im falling for the memewear and not dressing that much as myself

I really like dressing up even if people don't necessarily find it looks good
I literally on dress in what I dress for myself and the few people that are important to me (including my grandmother who owned a designer boutique)
That being said, this is the only place where people can make me feel like shit for what I'm wearing
Thanks guys

not wearing socks, making it look like you are not wearing socks. It's the same thing and looks retarded either way.

>dem hips
WIDER

I'm a 187lbs, 5'7 fat shtskin who wears all black only to 'hide' my obesity. I'm thinkin' to an hero myself.

I think I would genuinely dislike, if not outright hate, about 99% of the people on this board. The better their fashion sense, the more horrible the personality. Just the inane unfunny shit people post alongside their """fits""" to try and seem chill/uncaring/hip and clever makes me irrationally angry.

But I guess I have still learned some valuable stuff about fashion from here.

I am the most powerful being on Veeky Forums but I hide my power level underneath Polo hats and Adidas, out of my own humility and the courtesy of others.

You'll get over it when you've been on Veeky Forums for more than a month.

lmao try 4 years. The whole place sucks but this board is worse than most.

>The whole place sucks but this board is worse than most
classic newfag

whatever you say, newfag

>The whole place sucks but this board is worse than most.
>that's why I feel identified and post here guys

did i ever claim otherwise?
SHUT

or what, punk?

or i'll be sad

i want to see those tears, fuccboi

this is me but I'm a guy

very nice

Read a book sometime. That art is "subjective" is an idiotic vulgarization of post structuralism, it's nonsense and not true. And I don't get why proles feel so confident sharing their thoughts on something they clearly don't know anything about. If you're confused about trends in contemporary fashion, why not just educate yourself on them?
Instead of relishing in your confusion as if it's some badge of honor that you've kept your distance.

this has to be bait

hi sieg

tablejumpercore

baka senpai

>who spend to much money and no real friends only Veeky Forums to talk to.

That hurts

just lose weight

Of course it's not totally subjective but it DEFINITELY isn't completely objective either. Much about aesthetics is learned- eg in the middle ages being overweight was thought of as more beautiful. That being said I don't remember where I was going with this reply so bye

fuck off newfag bateman is one of the few trips we allow

just out of curiosity, what would you consider an example of a "good" rick owens fit?