Is hiding in my room (i live with my parents), sitting online 14-18 hours a day, not having any friends...

is hiding in my room (i live with my parents), sitting online 14-18 hours a day, not having any friends, having severe social anxiety, and being a kissless virgin effay?

No

I never understood why social anxiety thing is a thing, like humans talk because it's a way for us to share information it's a natural human thing yet people are scared of it.

not OP, but i hate talking to guys (I'm a str8 guy) especially if they're normies, they intimidate me a lot

how old are you, OP?

A degree of social inhibition is healthy (source: any major city on a Saturday night). Sometimes this natural brain function gets amplified to unhealthy levels.

try nofap bruh

social anxiety is a trauma based thing for a lot of people, they had negative experiences that left pretty deep wounds and its kind of human nature to remember the shit that hurt us, its an evolutionary response kind of a "bear hurt...run away from bear" thing, when you have social interaction that hurts, like hurts emotionally, theres a similar effect "people hurt...run away from people". Shit sucks but its a thing.

Like all human nature you can change it and 9 times outa 10 its worth it because the person can lead a much happier and healthier life.

Heres some advice for op, i can only tell you what helped me break through my crippling anxiety. ill keep it as simple as i can.

1. Break your internet habits, the fact that you spend so much time online is unhealthy, cut it back and fill your time with other activities that bring you enjoyment, if you dont know what those things are, experiment till you find things that you like.

2. Get outside, just go for walks or sit in a park for an hour, your home enviroment clearly isnt any good for you so force yourself to get out of it. Going for walks stimulates various hormone responses in the body, sunlight also stimulates the production of certain hormones that help with normal brain function.

3. Talk to people, put yourself in situations where you HAVE to talk to people, just start with talking to the cashier at the grocer, or the person at the bus stop, it seems weird i know but bear with me, engage with people and youll see that theyre really not as scary as you think they are. Start slow, make progress and push yourself a little here and there. If the person dosnt want to talk then recognise that and dont force it but youd be surprised how easy conversation can flow once you practice a little.

Well op, thats the crux of it, it aint gonna be easy but if you dont like how you feel and the life you lead (and lets be honest your not, if you were you wouldnt be asking for validation on here) then change it.

i do the same op
theres nothing wrong with that
people are assholes

Reporting this thread is effay

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up. You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your trpicode if it isn't necessary to the conversation. It's poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post you're making. If you are not keen on making this change, you are free to explore other websites more suitable to your taste. Reddit.com and 9gag are two great places for you to start.

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I can't believe there is this kind of people on a chan board, bless you.

spilled so much seed to that pick back when.

> you need to make losing your virginity a thing/quest/ objective if you do not have any other more significant goals occupying your time.

I don't think spend huge blocks of time in solitude for days on end is wrong or negative if it fits into what you are doing with your life, but if you are basically just a shut in without any experiences, accomplishments, or even aspirations, then you should definitely get it on that.

>he fell for the go outside and talk to people meme

should I just bee myself too

>2. Get outside, just go for walks or sit in a park for an hour, your home enviroment clearly isnt any good for you so force yourself to get out of it. Going for walks stimulates various hormone responses in the body, sunlight also stimulates the production of certain hormones that help with normal brain function.

I'm guessing that you live in one of those big cities.
If I were to go out for a walk on my own someone would call my parents to check if I was going crazy. If I were to sit in the park alone for an hour it would be on the town radio. I'd be humiliated and mocked at for years.
I guess it's unimaginable for you, but so is going outside and not being seen by your entire highschool class to me.

If that works for you and helps you enjoy life to its fullest then sure.

> I'm guessing that you live in one of those big cities.
If I were to go out for a walk on my own someone would call my parents to check if I was going crazy. If I were to sit in the park alone for an hour it would be on the town radio. I'd be humiliated and mocked at for years.
I guess it's unimaginable for you, but so is going outside and not being seen by your entire highschool class to me.

This isnt about me but no i dont live in a big city, i live in the suburbs. Where the fuck do you live man? Sounds brutal.

The arguments you present against taking action arent against the action itself, your assuming the worst before youve taken the first step and given up because of it.

So what if someone calls your parents to check if your going crazy, are you? Probbably not. so dont worry about it.

So what if people hang shit on you for sitting outside, literally what the fuck are they going to sling at you that hurts so much? "Remember that time annon went and sat in the park?" Are their lives so shallow and empty that they need to cling to it for years? It says more about them than it does about you.

Its not as unimaginable as you think for me, im quite good with Hypotheticals and this is just another in a long line of potential "what ifs".

Have confidence in your actions and understand the opinions of others shouldnt worry you so much.

You dont sound happy, you dont sound content figure out how to change your life so you are.

same shit tips everywhere

heres mine

get a fucking job

you dont have to work 5 days a week, just one or even two

but that after a while will be enough for you to grow on

keep on trucking op! i know how you have it. did not leave my room from 16 to 21.

trying to get my shit together now

Id guess that theyre the same shit tips because they usually work.

Yeah get a job if you can, if you can handle it, i know i had to get a bit better with handling myself around people before i could get a job, but when i did it helped heaps.

>service cashier.
>forced to interact with people all day.

>Have confidence in your actions and understand the opinions of others shouldnt worry you so much.
>You dont sound happy, you dont sound content figure out how to change your life so you are.
I live in an Eastern European 6k town in the middle of nowhere. There are some people right now willing to spend some of their time with me once a week and if I pulled off some shenanigans like walking alone they'd drop me in a blink of an eye.

The thing is I was always a bit off and I had no one in my life but my parents before I started pretending to laugh to their jokes and acting like them but their company fills the void a bit.

I have a undiagnosed anxiety disorder definitely, had a panic attack out of nowhere a few weeks ago. Was like the world was about to end, everyone around me was a predator and god had set this all up to end like this ironically for me.

Always been a normie if a little shy, but secretly abit strange (avoid certain situations that could mean Id be rejected).

Anxiety has come into my life almost randomly. Im the most social and outgoing Ive ever been, but its only manifested itself in a noticable way recently.

I can chat to girls, sit on a bus without freaking out, go on nights out and be the center of attention, but certain situations just make me anxious

How old are you and how did you meet these people?

Moving out of my parents for university and getting jobs really helped me. Oh yeah and alcohol actually,, getting drunk enough to be uninhibited enough to talk and then realising that people actually liked what I had to say when I actually said something. I used to not be able to go get my haircut on my own even. I'm still the person known for being quiet and get nervous before pressure situations like interviews but I can talk without coming across like a sperg to almost anyone and generally do all the things I want.

I know that feel. Look into meditation and yoga. I know it sounds like hippie bs, but both have helped with my anxiety to quite a significant degree.

I do live in a big city, but I guarantee that your weird little bumfuck town is dripping with autism. I've been all over the world and I've never heard of a place like that. You're probably in the middle of nowhere so nobody's even heard of such an autismal dead-zone.
My only advice is that you get out of there or convince everyone to collectively sudoku.

I'm 21 years old and a few months ago my old highschool friend sent me a text about meeting up. I did and he introduced me to some of his friends.

It's obvious that this group of friends hangs out often without me and that I am not always invited but for some reason sometimes I am.

Why don't you invite them to things?

Hi Bateman, can't believe you responded to my post. You're the only tolerable trip on this sad Web page.

Anyway I can't seem to have enough pull to invite anyone. Kinda dumb to talk about this but he added me to this Facebook chat with me, him, one other guy and 3 girls (that's the group I go out with) and if I suggest or invite them to do anything they'll make obvious excuses but if that guy suggests the same thing they'll just say sure we're coming.

Which one helped more?

>If I were to sit in the park alone for an hour it would be on the town radio. I'd be humiliated and mocked at for years.

Don't flatter yourself, nobody would even notice you. You're just making excuses because you're a shitlord.

Besides why do you even care if your redneck town hates you, at least your 4chimp cred will be intact. "I heard about myself on the radio again today." You'd be fa for sure.

Considering you're added to the chat, and the invites are sent out in that chat, meaning you get invited too, I think the reason for the excuses is because they don't know you that well.

Then get dropped. Construct an elaborate fantasy world, become schizophrenic and paranoid. Drugs are super cheap in eastern Europe, that should help. Pretend the drugs are people. you'll be effay for sure. and after all, no friends is better than lame friends!

Have you already tried organising shit and inviting them? or are you throwing out terrible what ifs again...because that seems to be a thing that you do a lot.

You're a little shit, aren't you. First of all dont encourage him. Also, did you actually try to invite anyone to anything or are you just making pathetic excuses again?

Try researching: phenibut, piracetam

I'm not sure why did I come off as such a jerk maybe because English is not my primary, excuses won't fix it now.
Thanks.

What do you normally do when you hang out with them?

It's because you came here for sympathy and advice like you're a beautiful princess that needs to be rescued but you're not, you're an ugly manchild, and you even had the nerv to insult my favorite tapestry forum even though you're making it worse.

Seriously though you need to try any drug that's not alcohol. Especially DMT or MDMA. It will completely change your social perspective. The longer you wait the more of your life you're wasting.

The main guy once got the great idea that one should bring some home made cookies or cake every time we get together. So we'll eat that, drink a beer or two and go out for a long drive where he'll heat up the car too much and everyone will try to pretend they enjoy it and repeat these the whole time
>'this is so cool',
>'aren't we crazy',
>'we are enjoying so much, aren't we'
which always gets on my nerves.
Alright.

It is always kind of awkward bridging that gap between someone being a friend of a friend and someone you are actually friends with. The first few times you meet them without the person who introduces you to the group initially all you tend to talk about is the person that isn't there.

And you called Patrick fucking Bateman the only good trip on fa. Not the fashion institute guy that makes his own clothes, not the crystal castles guy, Patrick Bateman. His posts arent usually terrible but I don't remember ever seeing a fit from him. And I've read a lot of his posts.

What music you into?

Maybe arrange a night out?

Since you're apparently taking notes on all this, you need some kind of outdoor or physical hobby. It'll fix all your hormonal shit and make you happier and less dependent on your chump friends. I don't know what you have available but some recommendations are bouldering, kayaking, and biking.

Are you talking out of experience? Did you get into a sport?