Has anything of importance ever come out of the USA ? is it objectively the least Veeky Forums country in the world ?

Has anything of importance ever come out of the USA ? is it objectively the least Veeky Forums country in the world ?

you would be correct

Like 90% of entertainment is from America
But ignorance is effay too

Western culture is influencing literally every other country in the world, everyone wants to be like USA

Ralph Lauren
Calvin Klein
Alexander Wang
Philip lim
Tommy Hilfiger
Rick Owens
Kate Spade

All Americans

what about our sportswear? jordan and nike are huge

Most of those are garbage

Yeah regardless of your opinion most of them are also extremely influential in the fashion business and fashion as a whole

This might be the single stupidest question anyone born in the twentieth century could ask lmao

I mean hey you're only posting on the internet which was created in USA fucking dumbass.

>Ralph Lauren
>Calvin Klein

the only good names on that list

>7 names
>only one makes good clothes
lmfao
americans are pathetic

sportswear is not that effay
same with converse, vans, carhartt and others

i think ray-ban is important

>what is russia

Russia is a cesspit tho, it doesn't really influence anything apart from the other shitholes in eastern Europe.

Yes, most respected creative directors are American

As well as recent names like Thom Browne or Tom ford

kek, Russia and Eastern Europe are THE major influence of some of the biggest current fashion trends

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

prove me wrong you faggot.

gosha and demna are two of the most popular designers/creative directors of the last two seasons and will be for at least a few more

Don't forget basic but integral stuff, like:

- The cotton gin
- The sewing machine
- The electric iron
- zippers
- denim

You forgot
-freedom

>checkmate, Americans
>while you're busy ruling the world economically, going to the moon, providing aid for my country's poor ass, and protecting us all from WWIII, my country makes clothes that some 17 year old losers on a fashion website like

wew

Alexander Wang and Rick Owens are the only good ones.. Now count the ones from Japan you will have 6 minimum. Being a weaboo in a Veeky Forumsshion board is super good taste.

well the God of Veeky Forums is an American so it's whatev

>not understanding Calvin Klein's incredible influence
>being this new and stupid

kys killy

Woah! You're right! I have cheap underwear from him. Wow.

Where is his relevance in avant garde fashion? Where is my asymetrical futuristic black underwear. HUH?!

>while you were busy ruining the world economy, putting a flag on a desolate dustball orbiting around the earth, creating a cycle of corruption, worse economic growth and poverty in famished countries and giving money for other country to spend on your own arms industry; continueing with antagonistic policies and structures leading to conflicts all over the world - my country actually created some culture.

cycle of corruption, slower economic growth and poverty

>LOOOOOOOOOOOL

back to twitter faggot

>putting a flag on a desolate dustball orbiting live earth
Holy shit. Is that really how you see it

>you're actually this retarded

Thanks for letting us all know.

yes, please tell me more about the vast fountain of knowledge and riches you tapped into by visiting the moon

>Has anything of importance ever come out of the USA ? is it objectively the least Veeky Forums country in the world ?

Thomas Pynchon and DFW, so pretty much the only relevant authors of the last 100 years.

>fountain of knowledge and riches you tapped into by visiting the moon

Well you could start with all the technology the space race pushed us to develop.

His work was the driving force behind the entire 'heroin chic' style of the 90s, learn your shit plen.

Sure, but you can't possibly say that any of those innovations were worth the enormous costs of the space program. Instead of improving technology of space travel, the US wasted its earmarked resources on expensive but meaningless "show of force" trips. You built a space station for 100 billion dollars without any research value whatsoever. Apollo program? Roughly 150 billion dollars (thats until Armstrong touched the moon, not subsequent research). Each shuttle mission costs half a billion dollars each and is legacy equipment (hell, even the russian copy of it is vastly superior).

Sure, landing on the moon is cool and all, but its a fiscal bomb and many of its scientific advances are questionable at best. Compared with, say, the hubble telescope, the moon landing pales.

The website you're bashing it on.