The Rise of the Anti-Beauty Aesthetic

i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/the-rise-of-the-anti-beauty-aesthetic

Can we discuss this?

>There's undeniable artistry to a piece of Vetements clothing as an object, but no one could ever convince me that I, truly, honest to God could actually look good wearing it.

>In our visually satisfying world where everyone and everything looks so good, the most obvious way to stand out is by eliciting a degree of revulsion.

>Beauty, in all its forms, is too simplistically palatable. Ugliness has the power to subvert and, as such, is often the territory of the radical.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lTu4XFF9B2s
i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/the-rise-of-the-anti-beauty-aesthetic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what wasn't hype is now hype

What a groundbreaking analysis son.

Always funny to see out of touch people trying to put words on trends to prove that they understand what's going on.

"""""""""""""""vice"""""""""""""""""

probably took him 10mins to write that article

>the most obvious way to stand out is by eliciting a degree of revulsion
that's how it's been since the dawn of mankind lmao
denim jackets once were thought to be ugly
undercuts once thought to be ugly
anything new is seen as ugly, then it caughts up, and you either see the beauty in it, or simply ignore it and are okay with it

I hate the fucking internet so much

youtube.com/watch?v=lTu4XFF9B2s

Bladee so fucking underrated

Is Yung Lean not effay?

>vice
please take your shit to fb where people are impressed of everything, fag.

he used to be. now it's much harder to tell. he's either too much ahead of his time, or just full-no scumwave

T b h he is. Dork doing what he wants, carries the torch of an aesthetic, he is fresh, new, youthful and has a squad. You dont have to like him or like his style to understand that he is fashion.

>trying this hard to be contrarian

>i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/the-rise-of-the-anti-beauty-aesthetic
>
>Can we discuss this?
>
>>There's undeniable artistry to a piece of Vetements clothing as an object, but no one could ever convince me that I, truly, honest to God could actually look good wearing it.
>
>>In our visually satisfying world where everyone and everything looks so good, the most obvious way to stand out is by eliciting a degree of revulsion.
>
>>Beauty, in all its forms, is too simplistically palatable. Ugliness has the power to subvert and, as such, is often the territory of the radical.

>Who is Comme Des Garçons

Literally been doing this for almost half a century

Tricky Ricky also does this. Anything avant garde is very prominent to be considered ugly by normalfaggots. But their opinion does not matter to style anyway.

>being this upset that everyone already understands a concept that has been around forever when you're only just getting it now

Making ugly brutish monolithic clothes =/= anti -fashion

Everything rick creates is very obviously clothing, Comme challenges the idea of clothing. Besides rick isn't very avant garde anymore. Comme has consistently been at forefront of their craft at least since they started presenting in Paris. The innovations they came up with literally changed the way clothes are conceived.

Your comparison is cheap and really shows a lack of understanding when it comes to the idea of "anti"-fashion.

>vice

he's gotten fat

Ok.

i think it's great that you're not dead inside yet; give it time. also, is right about you

Another thinly veiled vetements article

vice gucking sucks. They are clickbait buzzfeed tier now.