Face Care

How do I get rid of acne completely? I'm not sure if I want to take Acutane due to possible side effects though, so any other advices sempais?

Other urls found in this thread:

tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment
skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you take Accutane then make sure your doc approves it everytime its supposed to be. Which is every month or so.

I haven't taken it in like 3 weeks because she hasn't done it yet. I'm afraid that all the progress I've had will go away.

accutane will kill you senpai dont do it

took acutane for abt a year it made my skin super dry but burts bees for lips and good lotion will cover it. its been about two years and i havent broken out since, its awesome. it takes time to see the progress but i highly recommend it

also that suicide/depression side effect is bullshit lol

I'm about to finish my accutane cycle, two more months. Best decision I've ever done, completely acne free for months and the dryness isn't that bad. Just use lip balm and hidrate your face, My treatment is free cause my dermatologist is my aunt. Don't know how much it costs tho

Talk to your doctor to get a topical cream treatment, prescription creams have more active ingredients and treat the acne in more ways than over the counter stuff, if you're acne is like your pic scarring might be another issue

rub pizza on face

2% salicylic acid scrub in the morning
4% Glycolic acid scrub right after

Then benzoyl peroxide at night before bed

been doing this shit for years and doesn't work.

I have an appointment and going to start accutane hopefully soon.

Just finished accurate about 2 weeks ago. Face is still a bit red from it but other than that it is pretty much acne free

Real talk:

Stop eating carbs and sugars. If you can't limit it to under 80 carbs a day.

You do not see people with diabetes with acne.

This may seem crazy to you guys cuz of the grease of pizza but i tried this for a week and my face cleared thefuck up. I'm so glad i did this and I do it once a week with little ceasers pepporoni pizza. I highly recommend 10/10

this

pic related, its me

>tfw acne scars that will never go away

Also is the body shop effay or is it just a meme company ?

/skin/

Skincare General

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, ingredients

(we have a sticky, fuckers. use it when making a thread. if you don't have a copy, check the archive or warosu)

in my experience topical creams barely do shit lol youll have better luck with antibiotics/ a good diet

also most acne is genetic and hormonal so just wait it out if youre young

>glycolic acid in the morning

wew

solar damage incoming

Honestly this.

If you spend money on skincare at the bodyshop you deserve the acne you have

try lots of different things, the cause/solution could be 1 of many things and all but the correct one may not work

What to do with whiteheads? I have tons on my cheeks and i don't know what to do. I've tried microdermabrasion, acid peeling, cleaning my face few times a day with Neutrogena gel and tonic, i've tried salicylic acid and Benzac AC gel. The only thing that is working is mechanical cleaning, but this shit is annoying and everything comes back after a month. Also changing pillow sheets 3 times a week. I've heard that you can take Accutane in low doses like twice a week and this will reduce oil production without damaging your health. Any advices?

My cheeks are pretty much picrelated, but not as bad and whiteheads are not that huge, but you get the idea.

I had that on my forehead and near the sideburns.

Remove milk and milk products, remove sweets, remove some meals and engage in a physical activity.

I don't know which one of these helped me but going to the pool and swimming laps along with doing some basket with friends and showering after removed all of mine.

Goddamn his hairline makes him look like Cortex from Crash Bandicoot

Start eating healthier. avoid fat, sugar and drink lots of water. Change your pillowcases frequently.

Products that helped me clear my skin (didn't have bad acne tho):
Cerave moisturizing cream
Cerave hydrating cleanser
Sunscreen when its sunny

routine:

morning: moisturize after shower, sunscreen
night: cleanse --> moisturize
wash face with water like 5 times a day

ITT: The worst advice ever.

The very first thing you must do to cure acne is buy 7 (or more) new pillow cases and change it every single fucking day. Buy them in white and wash them in hot water with bleach.

Millions of acne causing bacteria are living on that stink bag you lay your face on every night.

Think about it.

>I don't know anything about dermatology

why is it so bad ?

Try use CosRX BHA Blackhead serum

kill yourself

what's a good REALLY lightweight moisturizer.

1. Drink water, and only water.

2. Stop touching your fucking face.

3. Stop using soap/body wash/whatever to wash your face. Just stand under a cold shower.

4. Get your diet in order. Stop eating like a teenager.

5. Gently exfoliate with warm water before shaving. Shave with the grain, not against it. Rinse face with cold water. Dry off, then apply lotion.

I use to have terrible acne. Turns out, I was just treating my body like garbage and doing things that were horrible for my face. Following the above helped me. If none of this works, then idk, dip yr face in a vat of acutane and call it a life.

horrible acne looks like 5 o'clock shadow but red here

anyone have experience with drinking a gallon of water a day? did it work?

i only eat rice is that okay for skin

also can i drink black coffee? how do you treat dryness?

Stopped masterbating

Changed pillow case more regularly

Drank more water and ate better

Started taking baths rather than showers

Started using vit c serums on face

vitamin A supplements (at first it drew all the cysts out and made it wrose, but Vit A makes everything heal faster I believe)

Not cured but my skins nicer definitely

Yeah the depression side effect is not actually a side effect. it's just people who are taking accutane are more likely to be depressed and kill themselves when it doesn't work right away

Are you under 18?
If yes, grow up and get the fuck off this board

Are you under ~20?
If yes, grow up and stop touching your face. Acne goes away on its own. You aren't a model, deal with it.

High-glycemic diets are apparently bad for the skin, results in acne. I would starting eating more vegetables. Overall, a balanced diet would be more ideal.

>Acne goes away on its own. You aren't a model, deal with it.

>Acne goes away on its own. You aren't a model, deal with it.
aww look a retard

Any way to keep drinking milk and get rid of them? I love dairy and drink a ton of milk.

17 year olds detected

Same here, milk alternatives are a good choice, almond, rice, coconut etc. You can make your own even, but I don't know how cost effective that would be compared to just buying them in store though. I think Goat's milk is alright.

Hormones in cow's milk is the main, if not the only problem. It causes inflammation.

started going the asian skincare route. still a few scars here and there, but my complexion has improved quite a bit, and breaking out happens when I get really stressed about something.

Morning:
[Etude House] Milky You Cleansing Foam
[Holika Holika] 99% Aloe Gel
[Biore] Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

Evening:
[Etude House] Milky You Cleansing Foam
[Benton] Snail Bee High Content Essence Skin (gonna be switching this out for [Etude House] Wonder Pore Freshner)
[Paula's Choice] Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel or [Wishtrend] Pure Vitamin C21.5 Advanced Serum
Honey All In One Ampoule
[Mizon] Good Night White Sleeping Mask (sometimes)

>tfw your face completely clears up and it's flawless
>tfw it starts showing up on your back and it hurts
>still better than face acne

do you truly enjoy drinking cow pus? lol

stopped all dairy products and started eating more anti inflammatory foods such as fruits and veggies. cut out sugar as well.

Had bad cystic acne. Skin completely cleared up after about 2 months. Acne scars were gone after about half a year.

haven't had dairy since. best decision i ever made

Thinking about cutting meat out as well considering how plant based my diet currently is.

But that cow pus is delicious and helps me make gains. It and whey are irreplaceable for gains

Try this stuff by Clinique called custom repair serum. My ex gf recommended it because her mom uses it for anti aging and it's worked miracles for my acne scars, it'll break you out the first few weeks though

Anyone got anything to recommend about a really oily T-zone?

My face gets really oily in about 2 hours after washing it with water, to the point where it looks pretty fucking disgusting.

I actually came to this board to ask the same thing and saw this on the front page.

they are flying me down to Paris for my first ever castings after getting a contract (had a clear face when I got scouted) in two weeks. I have mild acne now. anything I can do until then? not trying to become some cool super model obviously, but if I want to have any chances at getting any jobs whatsoever I figure I'll at least need decent skin so what do I do Veeky Forums