Why are so many great scientists and philosophers german?

Why are so many great scientists and philosophers german?

because their entire race has congenital autism

Yeah, but what about Finns then? I cannot name any Finnish scientist for the life of me

We don't have all that much else going for us, I guess. There also seems to be some kind of general feeling of "Weltschmerz" among most of us. Most Germans I know, even the happier ones, either struggle with or have come to terms with certain nihilistic principles. I could see this being fertile ground for philosophy, art and the sciences.

But that's really just speculation obviously.

Where are the japanese scientists and philosophers then?

Blame Schopenhauer. Nietzsche, Hitler and any nihilistic dud wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Schopenhauer

If you honestly think that Schopenhauer->Nietzsche->Hitler is in some way a causal chain then you have a rather simplistic understanding of the German history, my American friend.

Nietzsche was literally Schopenhauer's student.
Hitler literally took his idea of Ubermensch from Nietzsche.

It is a casual chain.

Hitler's Uebermensch was vastly different from Nietzsche's. The term might be the same, the content however is completely different and not reliant on Nietzsche's thoughts.

Professor Oak.

How was it different?

Ah fuck, I was typing out a long answer and my browser fucked up. I'll have to make it a bit shorter now but there is ample information all over the internet on this anyway.

The critical point is that Hitler's Uebermensch was heavily defined by nationalistic and racial characteristics while Nietzsche openly rejected Nationalism and the racial nature of his Uebermensch was also far less important.

Okay but aside from nationalism there isn't really anything different about Hitler's and Nietzsche's idea

>okay but apart from one of the central concepts being different, they're completely the same

Not him but that already represents a huge fucking difference.

Hitler's idea of an Ubermench is someone who is racially pure and loyal to the state and it's principles. He's part of the herd.

Nietzche's Ubermench is not defined by his genes but by how he thinks, he isn't loyal to the state, he's loyal to his own self-made principles. He's a loner.

German society, like American ( also a country with a disproportionate number of good scientists and engineers) prioritizes the practical arts more than it does the strictly ornamental.

In a society driven by the state of technology and limited by the extent of scientific knowledge there is going to be prestige attached to scientific and engineering disciplines, which will attract followers.

Germany just has this impulse a little more strongly than most others.

Also an action of history: As third place in the race with Britain and the USA as an industrial power,Germany required it's best minds give it an edge that the competition lacks, which boils down to having a solid pool of advanced scientists as engineers to draw a competitive edge from, because Germany lacked the head start of UK or the sheer resources of US

Hitler's Fuehrer principle is the exact same concept as Nietzsche's Ubermensch

>also a country with a disproportionate number of good scientists and engineers

Which are mostly germans america took after wwii.
Don't believe me? Call Nasa and yell Heil Hitler and see how they react.

Did herr Fuehrer embrace eternal recurrence?

No it is not. Have you actually studied Nietzsche to any extent?

notice the
>casual chain

Hitler's rejection of Christian slave morality seems to be pretty similar to Nietzsche, though

Fav. German Philosophers:

Al-Ghazali
Al-Farabi
Tariq Ramadan

and you?

I read from somewhere that Germany embodies the Faustian spirit or something so there is that

Not him but the problem with Nietzsche and Nazism is that Nietzsche was a PROVOCATEUR and not a moralist.

It's true that hated antisemitism but Nietzsche also tells you that there will never be 100% truthful interpretation of him and to read him against the grain is to do justice to him.

Nietzsche's writing is meant to trigger people. Nietzsche meant to be dangerous.

But then knowing the consequences, Nietzsche, the giant fake that he is, would have altered his language.