Can we talk about what a detrimental effect the combination of French couture and ghetto black american culture has had...

can we talk about what a detrimental effect the combination of French couture and ghetto black american culture has had on the world of fashion?

this is really be a match made in hell. I've been trying to decide whether its the venal urges of the french houses which are driving it or their bizarre attraction to all things dindu, like a kind of cultural cuckery

needs more balmain

so many fashion houses, particularly french and Italian, have been catering specifically to the image cultivated by ghetto american blacks. take any house you want: SLP, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Burberry . . . other houses appear to have gone full chimp, like Givenchy and Buscemi, or had their entire business propagated and sustained by the patronage of jiggaboos (Guiseppe and MCM come to mind). The wide prevalence of shitty monogram items is almost wholly attributable to this new demographic. Even venerable houses like Fendi and Hermes appear to be catering more and more to the whims of simian customers

niggers are literally ruining the world

its kinda funny actually as the customers meant for this house are not supposed to be rappers, basketball players, and generally people from poor backgrounds who have somehow made it but they hijack the original customer base creating this funny ironic thing which imo devalues the brand. because if your neighborhood crack dealer who made it big selling cocaine buys a hermes belt, why would a business magnate want to buy this and associate themselves with it? same thing with chavs and burberry

i view it as a good thing though these houses have done barely anything interesting and all interesting stuff lately has come from non-parisian houses and perhaps losing their original customer base would force them to do something new? but it doesn't seem the case as they push out same shit after same shit. maybe this exposes them as the soulless cash grabs devoid of artistic integrity that they are. in that case people wearing these brands wear an equivalent to a "i am stupid" t-shirt as the people who cop these items claim to be interested in fashion but are moreso interested in status. it basically becomes a signifier of a lack of artistic taste

imo the internet is part to blame too. with social media, you can easily flex these pieces online which become more commodities and status symbols than clothing which you personally attach yourself to

I'm literally embarrassed to shop at the same boutique and live in the same state as him.

this is the future we chose

blacks wearing pieces from those houses =/= they're catering to blacks

gucci is full on dope and gay swaggie 70s shit
slp was until very recently hedi silmane's pasty Californian goons
i don't see how either of those brands are catering to blacks

mcm, guiseppe maybe i guess, eh they seem just as interested if not more interested in the rich asian demographic unless you're equating guady luxury products with catering to black culture which isn't the case

again blacks buying tacky luxury items doesn't mean tacky luxury items are being specifically marketed at blacks pretty sure these items would still be made in very similar if not the exact same way if blacks didn't buy them. i think perhaps Veeky Forums is overestimating the influence blacks have on the fashion world because it doesn't make sense to me why a house would cater towards blacks or black culture apart from some superficial references here and there cause "aaha black culture is so hip and cool aha!" ?

just following up on the blacks influence on fashion bit

rappers and people like ian connor get way too much credit when it comes to fashion because they're not really these great trend setters influencing the industry, sure they influence youth culture and what people on the street are wearing at the lowest levels but it's been diluted from the top already
i don't know of any worthwhile designers looking at asap rocky for influence
nor do i know of any worthwhile designers sending shit like this down the runway Veeky Forums seems to think influence over how how some 16 in brooklyn dresses is the same as changing and influencing the fashion industry as a whole.

He's really trying but every effort he makes is so cringey?

Is he just too fucking big?

no he's just an idiot

in what way? i guess he's a beginner and maybe he's doing it himself or just has a shitty stylist, but he's not to different from some newfag on here just getting into clothes.

The shit he wears wouldn't look good on anyone

you know westbrook is the worst dressed person alive when you rather see Veeky Forums waywt fits before his
how can you try so hard and look so clueless

some newfag on here doesn't have unlimited money and the mentality that only a rich basketball nigger could posess

true. to me it seems like he's trying to be experimental or something and it comes off as "completely ignoring logical choices" which makes his shit lame. he's also dropping a ton of money on shit which drags him down even lower. in this fit though he's at least decent.

The only reason black people admire this stuff is because it's easily attainable. They're no longer prohibited from buying it and it symbolizes wealth to other hoodrats that never have money anyways. Fashion houses never target that demographic and never need to since the name is always enough to attract them in droves. The problem with that is that it does eventually deteriorate the brand.

>his shirt is a halfway carpet

looks like shit

>if your neighborhood crack dealer who made it big selling cocaine buys a hermes belt, why would a business magnate want to buy this and associate themselves with it? same thing with chavs and burberry
This is why bespoke will always be top tier. There's no brand to flaunt, just superior quality which your peers will recognize.

this reminds me of that scene in american psycho. true though on the point regarding bespoke

No, it is impossible. Literally. The moment someone tries to talk about the effects it had, their muscles lock up.