What are some meme brands/clothing?

Post pics. Aside from Anti Social Social Club, Vetements, Off White and 'I Feel Like Pablo' merch.

raf simons. also rick owens.

vetememes

ayy

Well they're pretty well respected designers, although Raf does have some very meme-y pieces of clothing.

I'm talking about extreme cancer-level meme clothing like Anti Social Social club, Vetements, I Feel Like Pablo, Bieber tour merch, etc..

gianni mora
'preme
gosha

Fear Of God
Anything "made" by Jakob Hetzer
Gosha Rubchinskiy
Represent Clothing

What's wrong with Jakob Hetzer

He hacked his way into the fashion world with his parents money (he paid 10K for a course with Virgil "meme it up" Abloh). Most of his "designs" are rip-offs from Undercover and other brands.

DC MOTHERFUCKING SHOES

Another design from Jakob Hetzer.
Supreme x Public Enemy from 2006 on the left.

You get the idea, right?

most recent Adidas shoes

fuck jacob hetzer. Guy's a dweeb. Insecure trust fund babby.

>he thinks adidas are memes
kek

Why gosha and supreme?

I dont think the brands are that bad, Gosha has some pretty nice designs. Its just the fanbase/hype around the brand. Supreme on the otherhand is just Polo Sport/Hilfiger designs with their name on.

he's right though, you stan smith wearing faggot

I own both of those. :( Please no bully

The Suprememe shirt looks like some crap you'd get from the What On Earth catalog.

Jakob's design is actually good in this case.

No its not, he literally copied a slogan he did not invent nor is relevant to him, thus lacking any backstory on this garment. Very reminiscent of Peter De Potter his graphic design work, who he probably took this idea from.

Compared to the original, yes it is.

Not gonna argue that it's not shitty, because it is shitty, but his design looks better than the Suprememe X Kohls looking shirt.

re evaluate your life

gosha is good, it's just the people who wear it, not all but especially some rich white american kids who have no interests to the designs and only wear it because ian and bunch of rappers

LOL. Seriously?. That fraudulent fuck has been exposed so many times on here.

what has he done

Familia come on, I just listed everything wrong with Jakob Hetzer in the above posts.

oh i missed those older posts, this thread really changed my perspective to JH, I'm sure i will never cop anything from him

Jeremy Scott's Moschino

vetements
supreme
palace
gosha
assc
fear of god
off-white
thrasher merch c.15-16

I swear those girls only exist on instagram, i live in NY and i still have yet to see a vetements qt

Why is Fear Of God a meme brand? Looks decent to me.

Has like 1-2 decent outerwear pieces every collection but most of his designs are based around refurbished band T-shirts that he sells to Kanye and Justin Bieber hypebeasts and dickriders.

cause supreme make everything by themselves lmao

No there just busy. I have a few friends like that and they're never out and about

How oblivious are you? It's objectively some of the most banal, generic and derivative garbage - all at the most extreme and unwarranted prices. It's basically overpriced Zara with slightly better quality.

I don't even know what Raf's doing anymore his stuff's so trash

also dickie and balls

Kek

What if you're asian?

unif?

is unif a meme? I only ever see it repped on models for their shoots on ig

Yeah kinda it's like Lazy Oaf, only for tumblr bby girls and tumblr sad boys

Need me a vetements qt...fuck

yeah a meme on tumblr mostly

but expensive so only like rich girls get that shit and only images of the pretty skinny ones are the photos that surface so that's the image it gives off basically

Stampd

FTP
Superradical
Trippyburger

Any other shit-tier "streetwear" brand, it's the convergence of hypebeasts and tumblrwave bullshit

nah preme's just the definition of hit or miss

People wearing Vetements is a meme as wearing Vetements is a signifier of one's stupidity with regards to what Vetements is doing to the whole hype cycle and fashion itself. Vetements itself is not a meme, just its wearers

What if I as the Vetements consumer am aware of their anti-fashion stance and hype and are trully buying in not out of hype but enjoyment of the product?

You can't really say you enjoy their ethos and also say that you enjoy their product. If you bought their product even ironically then you are feeding into the cycle they are critiquing and doing no good in helping them achieve any sort of reform, which leads me to question your understanding of them

No bitch I'm saying I like the idea of a backwards/reversible hoodie. I just liked the product. I could really couldn't care less about their politics

where can i find more of this girl? she goes by nah.k right?

Their product can't really be divorced from their politics. Its too ingrained into the brand at this point and they make it obvious with how they play with norms (despite not in a mindboggling way but definitely weird compared to other hyoe brands) yet sell buckets.

Are they critiquing how powerful internet and shilling fashion is regardless of how silly the clothing is?

Yes. They slap something recognizable that ties it to a brand and hyperinflates the price, but the thing made to be recognized is usually absurd and sometimes downright silly which is where they differ

What do I do if I just like the aesthetics of vetements regardless and enjoy their art direction alone? Do I ignore it all and just like it?

It depends on how you would describe your appreciation for their clothes.

I liked green hoodie, so I bought green hoodie.

Why did you like the green hoodie? Did you appreciate it from a formal standpoint based on the elements of art and principles of design or something else?

can tell she's turbo-slut

Perhaps.

I saw someone wearing it on instagram ask for the ID, and bought it I think it's a really unique piece I like the parodying of the champion logo as well which you could argue is the point you're trying to make but still. I think you're way too deep in the politics of it

Nah, Vetements itself is a meme.

What you're saying about the wearers being the meme MIGHT be true if it was only 1 or 2 pieces that Vetements put out... but they're consistently ""designing"" far too many of these cancerous, memey shirts and it's to the point where the brand itself is the meme and they can't pull the "it's intentionally ironic" card.

Whether it's the DHL shit, Thrasher logo, Champion logo, Insecurity shirts, Polizei shirts, old english font shirts and more. It's so goddamn fucking cancerous.

There's no defending it.

i describe my appreciation for it as interesting to me, i like how they mess around with proportions and have a curated look to the edgy punk and metal aesthetic that i like so much. it's cool to me because vetements' aesthetic reminds me of oldschool punk, where it contrasts so much with it's environment. with punk originating in england, it was a culture of offensive and edgy dudes just going against their formal culture. with vetements, you got piano music playing in the runway in a victorianesque setting, while some dude with an ugly haircut wearing a metal tshirt walks across the stage. i dunno, it's just cool to me.

Where can I see more of na.o? I haven't see that one yet

I hope so

ooo nice

Supreme
Supreme
Supreme
Bape is pretty bad, they're just a step above Supreme in that they at least had an original-ish idea, but they've released practically nothing but these camo and tiger and shark hoodies and clothes over and over and over.
Most Euro designers are bad, most shit like Prada and Gucci are bad not in quality but in design overall, etc. There's no meaning to their designs nor visions or anything worthwhile, it's all just a bloated name with a bloated pricetag. Goscha is trash, doesn't matter what his vision is, it all looks tacky and it's just painful to look at.

>implying that most european designers are bad

Your appreciation then seems to be for the runway show and not the piece, so I don't get why you would buy a piece from them. Same thing with myself and Thom Browne.

That's the point. Its supposed to be cancerous yet it the reason it becomes cancerous is through context w.r.t. other industry forces.

You can't divorce the politics of Vetements from the brand.

i think their whole message is really contrived and stupid, they should just laugh to the bank. I'll buy vetements if I like their design and that's where it stops for me, who gives a fuck.

delet this

Bruh what.. he doesn't even sell those band t shirts. The only band tees he sold were for charity the rest of his collection is all original

What does it matter why someone wears it, as long as they wear it. It's not cool because they are wearing it for this reason....really....

>punk originating in england
no

That's the point m8. They explicitly state that they are bullshitting you and laughing to the bank yet most people still buy it. If you're fine knowing that they do this and buying it, then more power to you for wanting to get ripped off