Are margiela GATs worth it or should I just buy 8 pairs of normal GATs?

Are margiela GATs worth it or should I just buy 8 pairs of normal GATs?

Other urls found in this thread:

tiszacipo.hu/en/pro/compakt
sneakerboy.com/shop-sneakers/maison-margiela-mens-scuba-net-replica-ss16mmmm12.html
ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-BUNDESWEHR-SPORTSCHUHE-NEU-BW-LAUFSCHUHE-SNEAKER-HALLENSCHUHE-WEIs-/321820230865?var=&hash=item4aedfb04d1:m:mDy5B54fL7MOS1NgRr5ZWYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy normal gats. One white and one black pair.

If you have to ask this margielas are not for you. Just buy normal GATs, there's nothing wrong with that.

yeah theres nothing wrong with being poor and only being able to afford the inferior product

They're both shit, get better taste

this is actually true though

I'd have to sleep on the streets next month if I cop the margielas, but would it be worth it?

This.

I'd lowkey feel sad if I had to wear cheap gats, also the extra shade patch really makes the shoe

I really like mine. Think of getting another pair.

when martin produced the replica line, he specifically made a point to change nothing and leave them as original as possible

pretty funny how the margiela gat is now synonymous with a million different styles, so stack em up

paint splattered gats or just gats ?

I actually prefer the look of the surplus gats. I'd get them over the mmm's any day
and I did

Which ones are you talking about exactly where is everyone buying their non mom gats? Lol

He specified the military surplus GATs, of which the MMM GATs are a replica. I think people just buy them off German eBay. Pic related. Left to right: Dior, Margiela, military surplus.

Is there anywhere to buy the ones on the right without the gray? I have an idea for some custom work.

I've had the same pair for like 4 years. their dope.

buying mmm gats is a serious waste of money, its basically buying a fake desu

Not really, that's a false comparison. Buying a well manufactured replica that is in fact higher quality than the original article isn't the same thing as buying cheap Chinese knock-offs. Take a Buzz Rickson's MA-1 replica for example, an immense amount of work and effort has been put into creating a faithful reproduction with excellent attention to detail and craftsmanship. It's not the same thing as buying some plastic geobaskets off Aliexpress.

If you're paying $400 might as well get the paint splatter gats, some people here will disagree cuz muh minimalism but they add a lot of character to your fits and make an otherwise boring fit an interesting one.

depends on what you wear them with
I usually let my pants be the statement piece, so putting some colorful splattered shoes in the mix would just be over the top. The classic GATs are humble in appearance, but also interesting enough to be noticed, even without the paint.

if you think's MMM's "replicas" are actually simply replicas, you shouldn't be wearing them.

MMM Gats are highly quality and made from better material fosho but Gats are okay by their own,you don't need to blow up dosh just to impress some kids on the interwebs

Are you kidding me?

These look like refugee-core shoes.

These type of shoes are born by either Pakis/Indians or refugees.

Kek, there's so much petty one-upmanship on this board. Are you really so triggered by semantics?

W2b normal black GATs?

i have futures but im probably gonna get surplus gats

best color of MMM gats?

I've been looking at the navy high ones

had both margiela and bw gats. margiela's materials are obviously better to the touch but honestly I prefer the bw gats. I think the design overall works better with an unstructured shoe, the margielas look a bit too chunky and goofy because of that. I also don't like the extra suede part on the margielas.
I only with the BWs had a different lining in the tongue and had the addition of the margiela's elasticated inside.

Pics? Never seen a Paki/Mudslimes/Sand niggers wear this, they wear volt colored Running shit like Roshit runs or anything that boost height

go back to /b/ you uneducated swine

I have both and I have to disagree.

Margiela's are definitely comfier and better to walk in but I've dragged my toe box area/foot so many times which fucks me up cause the weight of the shoe is imbalanced.

Also the Brundeswehr are more heavier in the toe cause of the weird structuring which hurts your feet after 30 minutes of walking. Also they are definitely made with shittier leather and shitty fucking suede regardless. The sole is obviously similar but they are not as comfortable as the GATs

I still don't understand the appeal of these shoes after three years of Veeky Forums.

if you don't understand the concept of personal taste after three years of browsing Veeky Forums you might be mentally ill

I wouldn't say the leather or suede on the bws is shitty, but it's not as nice as as the margielas. also the toe weight and pain seems like a problem personal to you, i've never had that. shouldn't really happen, especially with an unstructured shoe as it should shape to your foot with use, unless you got a preworn pair in which case it will be uncomfortable

I think Margiela also has a model without the suede patches.

I have a pair from a Hungarian brand called Tisza pic related.

fit pic in a sec

on foot actually.

Looks nice. Do they also have other colourways?

loads! here's their website
tiszacipo.hu/en/pro/compakt
this model is called the 'compakt'

US size 8 to 10 buy this because I can't afford them
sneakerboy.com/shop-sneakers/maison-margiela-mens-scuba-net-replica-ss16mmmm12.html

If you're getting margielas, at least go for a unique colorway.
only a waste if you buy the white suede imo

If i wanted to do some customization on my og gats what would be the best paint to use?

what are GATs?

Georgian anarchy tutors

German Army Trainers, it's the style

gay AIDS treatments

guaranteed asiangirl targets

you WILL get a gf wearing these. i repeat, you WILL get an asian gf.

German Army Targets
its the shoes that jews wore back in ww2

FUCKING STOP IT IDIOTS IT ALREADY GOT ANSWERED

>gook neckbeard with acne in memewear
actual woman repellant

Damn, w2c in that material that is sick. I just have the leather black ones.

Anyone knows what GATs are these in pic related?

get sambas instead

I have og GATS and mmm GATS. I like them both a lot.

Where do I buy GATs on ebay again? There's some foreign language that you enter on a European ebay site, but I can't remember how...

bruh Grailed has them lightly used all the time for like $200 and you can always resell them for like 20 bucks loss. just keep your eyes open faggot

bundeswehr sportschuhe
it just means german army trainer in german

W2C black ones on German eBay? I can only find ones that look nothing like their white counterparts...

this pls

forget the GATs, w2c jacket

can someone id these kicks pls? some kind of gat variant but interested in the brand

this fucking goy's toes dont touch the ground when he stands.
fucking embarassing

i think they are svensson

>svensson
nice man think youre right, thanks

ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-BUNDESWEHR-SPORTSCHUHE-NEU-BW-LAUFSCHUHE-SNEAKER-HALLENSCHUHE-WEIs-/321820230865?var=&hash=item4aedfb04d1:m:mDy5B54fL7MOS1NgRr5ZWYQ

Those are the OGs.

can somebody tell me how the size of these shoes run? have had too many bad experiences where i should have sized down

dont buy the svensson gats, they SQUEAK a lot
u gonna sound like a duck

They run a little big. I wear 9s in Vans, but the 42s were a little too big for me. I should have gotten 41s.

pls

TTS, pretty much. For reference, I wear a 9 in Converse, a 9.5 in Vans, a 9 in Dr Martens, a 8.5 in Red Wing and 42 in GATs