perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

basenotes.net/threads/401501-Kouros-day-June-1st
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

Can I get more input on this:

Would $150 be enough?

Is Tom Ford Grey Vetiver really worth more than twice the price of Guerlain Vetiver?

What will be your summer fragrances guys?
Personally i'm really digging versace pour homme.

Do you have any suggestions for something suited more for the night?

$150 for a bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme? Really?

This is the best fragrance off all time.

Best places online (US) to buy full sizes of basic bitch fragrances?

Fragrancenet

lolno, but it certainly isn't deserving of all the hate its gotten in recent memory. still a classic.

Well, other bottles of the same year sell for around that price right?

$100?

Only you can answer that for yourself, but for me, no way.

I know I must have smelled it in the wild many times, but I've never actually grabbed a bottle and tried it. As a pretty big enthusiast, I know I need to know what it smells like.

basenotes.net/threads/401501-Kouros-day-June-1st

Can't wait for KOUROS DAY.

Nice try, YSL marketer.
Fragrancenet for lowest prices on designer and common niche brands. Beautyspin for better niche selection and more available testers / newer product. Beautyspin ships faster but Fragrancenet has a lower price threshold for free shipping ($60 vs $100). Ebay from reputable sellers (feedback above 1k).

If you have already looked at how much it's selling for on eBay, why are you asking us how much? Have you never haggled in your life?

One my it has a super rosey vintage smell it smells really synthetic at first but then it brights up into a softer citrus that smells really soapy and l slightly sugarry. I'm not fragrance kind but I'm a guy and this is one of my normal scents and I get compliments on it all the time

literally feces

im digging creed MI rn
last summer was eau sauvage and eau fraiche

>not appreciating the subtle aromas in feces
Pleb detected

Was this from a recent or vintage formulation? I need to try this. I have and love original Opium, Shalimar, Coromandel, Sycomore, Bandit, La Chasse aux Papillons, Mûre et Musc, so I don't really buy in to the "gender line" in odors.

i want to buy more frags but i made the mistake of buying a 250ml of tobacco vanille
i love the frag but its gonna take a long time to finish it in only fall/winter and i want to add tuscan leather oud wood and tobacco oud to my F/W lineup
just had to vent my frag issues

>Nice try, YSL marketer.
>YSL marketer
>trying to sell a powerhouse from the 80s to 16 year olds on a chinese anime board.
You found me out user. I just can't help it that KOUROS IS KING!

Just buy them anyway and you'll be set for F/W for a decade or more

gdi conscience i didnt know you could post on Veeky Forums
baka im probably gonna do it because money isnt hard but i just feel like they need to be loved
its just a bottle of juice what am i talking about it

Not vintage just store bought EDP.

Hi guys, do you guys think it is safe to order colognes/perfumes during the summer? I'm paranoid about them turning in the summer heat if they sit on my porch too long.

split and sell or trade you tard

Don't leave them in the heat and light. Store them as you would wine and they'll last you years.

Need a second opinion before I get Micallef's Emir. I gave it a full wearing today and it was a touch sweaty on my skin but the sillage was delicious. Mysterious and dark and slightly gourmand.

Don't store frags on a sunny windowsill long term. A couple days of heat won't hurt them.

a day won't hurt them. keeping them out of light is most important anywat

what's a cheapish frag perfect for summer?

Lalique Encre Noir Sport - $25
woody, aquatic, citrus
Smells like sitting on lightly damp earth in the shade of a breezy seaside citrus grove. Will hook you on vetiver. And look at that inkpot-shaped bottle / black-blue juice. Can't name a better quality-for-price fragrance.

Rasasi Al Wisam Day - $37
bergamot, sandalwood, florals, musk
Cool and refreshing. Somewhat Oriental due to rose in its heart, but safe and not too flowery. Plastic outer bottle housing (the flacon itself is glass) and brown juice are kind of odd but the value is in the scent / performance.

the immage is too small desu

tom ford tuscan leather desu

Need a good dandelion scent

Pls help I need it

Open in new tab or save and view in a picture viewer application, you nob.

but then it's to big

All right, L'Artisan shill, you did it. I copped pic related for $53 blind off of fragnet. Seems like my sort of thing - offbeat unisex fruity aromatic. Will see how it works out in about a week.

How risky of a blind buy is CDG 2? After something quite unique and heard so many good things about it... Also does it work well in summer?

Anything's a risky blind buy, it's certainly not universal enough like Cool Water of Acqua Di Gio to be a decent blind buy. It's absolutely my favorite from the house.

It's good in the summer, but definitely not as okay as it would be for Spring/Fall. But it can work, would limit in the Summer, but yes can be worn.

Don't. I did and it ended up smelling like old people because of all the aldehydes the fragrance has.

I got lucky and swapped it for decants of Tuscan Leather and Oud Wood (the guy was generous and his wife hated them).

CB I Hate Perfume I am a Dandelion

Okay cheers for the info guys, I'll definitely wait to try it first

k, so I'm an 18 year old lad, and pullin mix of young leo's kind of hair and earth/black/white kind of simple clothing (unzipped black jacket and white shirt + dark longer shorts as an example)...I'd like a perfume, toilet water, ect., that I would like myself and girls wouldn't mind. I personaly found one milion a bit too sweet and currently using some unbranded toilet water...any suggestions of what i should try?

the brandless perfume related

hope it's the old bottle design. the new ones are boring af for the most part

where would you even find unbranded fragrance?

Is $82 a ripoff for Versace Pour Homme?

I kept putting off buying it even though I want it so I decided to pick it up while it was in front of me at the store. If I can get it for more than $10 less online (including shipping) then I'll probably return it.

Inb4 picture loads sideways

It's 100mL, forgot to mention.

You can get it for a lot less if you paid straight up retail price, which it looks like you did.

$36 on Fragrancenet lel

What country?

It's ~$60 at chemist warehouse if you're in Australia

>Is $82 a ripoff for Versace Pour Homme?
Does google not work for you or something? Or Amazon? It's a lot cheaper on line. You paid retail, which is fine. Somebody has to. Assuming the store you got it from is an authorized retailer, you can 100% rest assured you did not purchase a counterfeit.

>You can get it for a lot less if you paid straight up retail price, which it looks like you did.
Read that again. Think you meant to say something else?

Don't believe the hype. I almost fell for a blind buy but it was too sweet and weird of a woody scent for me. Same vein as Egoiste and the original Allure.

What are your current collections like? Do you guys tend to stick with one fragrance per season or continuously switch? Got burgled a couple of months ago and lost most of my collection, decided to get 4 main ones Summer day/special occasions and Winter day/special occasions

Winter Day - Eau de Baux
Winter Night/Special Occasions - Cuir Velours

Summer Day - Dior Sauvage
Summer Night/Special - -

Trying to find somethng that stands out a little for summer special occasions, torn between Philosykos and HdP 1828

Year Round - 2 by Comme des Garcons
Spring - L'Orchidee Terrible by Imaginary Authors
Spring/Summer - Bleecker Street by Bond No. 9

Tropics, so weather wise it's hot, less hot, or raining out. Add that to time of day and situation and that's pretty much what I try to cover in frag diversity.

As to the number, let's just say I can smell different every day for more than a month. All full bottles too, so I'm pretty much set for the next 3-5 years.

If it helps, philosykos has about 30 minutes of life on me with two sprays. But maybe that's just me. I love the smell though.

>mfw you can get 4 oz of Demeter's Dandelion for $33 but 3.4 oz of CB I Hate Perfume's is $125
Fucking absurd

My only summer frag at the moment is Crees Virgin Island Water. I love the smell. I need something for the nighttime though when the weather is actually bearable (NYC is humid af)

i like to have 2-3 per season and a couple more that can work year-round

plus an absurd amount of samples

50 bottles in the collection and growing. I typically try to wear two or three different fragrances each day, switching scents after my post workday and post workout showers.

Alright.

>26
>male
>single
>currently warm AF out (I live in CT), temps will be in the 70s-80s with varying humidity
>don't want to invest too much in one scent, would rather buy a handful of decent scents to have different 'go-tos'
>generally need something for days since I rarely go out at night
>don't want anything too overpowering
>even though I wear scents for myself, it would be a bonus if it was a scent that made people think "wow he smells good" as I walked by
>I typically like woodsy + earthy scents, but don't mind if it's woodsy + earthy mixed with citrus scents, especially for Summer
>don't want anything floral
>don't have a local shop to sample, so the highest price I'm comfortable going with to blind buy is $50

Shut the fuck up faggots with ur manga-language. Go somewhere else you pony wankers

Also, from that chart, I already have Burberry London, Baldessarini Ambre, and Terre dhermes. London was nice for Winter, it's certainly not for wearing right now. I've been going between the other two and Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boise, but still feel like I need other suggestions.

>he doesn't know about the word filters
>still insists on being edgy on Veeky Forums

Is it summer already?
Try typing t b h without spaces newfriend, desu.

Encre Noir Sport and Guerlain Vetiver can be had for about $50 combined. They're definitely in your comfort zone if you enjoy TdH and Eau Boisee, while offering variety for summer and into fall.

I want something similar to Sauvage but with less sweet base notes.

Awesome, thank you.

Your place got robbed and they stole your frags? That's cold. I'm guessing they must have felt like they had a lot of time in your pad.

Anyway, collection out of control. I rarely wear frags that I love more than once every couple weeks at a minimum, but there are many I almost never wear. Really need to pare down.

As far as a recommend, I'm only familiar with EdB, so I don't really have a good handle on your tastes, but I'd happily wear these on a summer special occasion:

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée
Dior Homme Cologne (old version. haven't smelled the new one)
Encre Noire Sport
Havana
Kouros
Guerlain Vetiver

Anybody try habit rogue?
If so how is it?

Fan of the J. Peterman Company 1903 vintage cologne - The report said: an “old woody fougère.” Clean citrus notes, bergamot, “green notes.” The middle notes: clary sage, cardamom. The dry-down: leather notes, smoky labdanum… elemi, tabac, frankincense.

GOF here looking for something similar; nothing but standard department store stank

>50 bottles
post collection

I swear I'm through, really.

On a scale from 0-100% with 100% obviously being exact, how close is La Yuqawamm to Tuscan Leather and Insurrection Pure 2 to Aventus.

Also, I hear fire island smells like sun screen? Is that true, senpai?

Yeah.... I said that 5 bottles ago.
At least I'm not shilling out for Bond No. 9, as much as I wish I had the money for them.

I had/have very few things of any value in my place since I'm studying in another country, so they basically took anything that they took anything looks even remotely valuable, which led to me losing my frags, shoes and laptop.

Thanks for the reccs though, only really tried out GV and Kouros. Preferred the TF Vetiver to GV and I could not pull off Kouros, it felt too heavy on my skin

I have this slightly irrational hatred for Bond collections. I feel anything a Bond fragrance does there's something out there that does it better for cheaper.

Also, what are the ones between Royal Water and TdH?

Middle one looks like guerlain vetiver

Best summer frag for an 18yo fuccboi?

Aventus

>Fahrenheit
>aqua Fahrenheit

r8 pls

What are the most strong and perduring fragances out of there but that actually smell good not like kourus(urinal) or joop!(bubblegum barf)?
Maybe it's my skin ph but every parfum I use just dissapears after an hour or so.

Aventus is pretty sweet smelling, even when dried down to the base

Some Bonds are unique while others are entries in an established genre. Bleecker Street, Chinatown, Wall Street, and Shelter Island are some of the more distinctive Bond frags in my collection. I mostly appreciate the quality and longevity of their perfume.

In between the Creeds and TdH are Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisée, Guerlain Vetiver, and Voyage d'Hermes.

Fahrenheit (recent formulation) 8/10 airy leathery floral violet goodness. Light enough to wear even in summer without choking out others. Excellent projection, leaves a heavy trail. Lasts at least 8hours. Distinctive and instantly recognizable for almost thirty years running.
Aqua Fahrenheit 10/10, personal top five fragrance, even better than original Fahrenheit. Design concept of "let's drop the violet and leather Fahrenheit heart into a citrus aromatic semi-Cologne". Perfect for me as I love vetiver and citrus and Fahrenheit. Also the start of Dior's obsession with producing Cologne versions of every fragrance. They even allow the sprayer to unscrew for splash application like traditional colognes. Aqua reminds me of vintage 90's Fahrenheit, which was more herbal than the current blend. It's possibly slated to be discontinued in favor of the new Fahrenheit Cologne. I bought a backup bottle just in case.

I haven't tried TFTL personally so I can't say how close the two fragrances are, but LY matches the quality of the "normal" Tom Ford line at least. I was impressed enough that I later blind bought Al Wisam Day.
As for Insurrection, think of it as "CK clones Creed". The scent gets closer to Aventus than CDNI does - I can detect pineapple and apple rather than CDNI's harsh lemon. The birch is soft and pleasant. For scent matching I give them an 80/100, but it's ultimately subpar product. No blackcurrant, certainly no Ambergris. I can't even recommend it at $25 because there are real frags at that price that deserve your attention (GV, ENS).

anyone used jardin sur la nil by hermes?
opinions?

What would you reccomend?

Dior Fahrenheit

Now where can I find more of that ass?

Tell me about CK2
Why does it upside down?

Weren't you on /frag/ a couple months ago with like 2 bond9s and those CKs? Is like 90% of that collection from the past couple months?

H-heh... why must you ask such difficult questions?

I had the CKs and some of the designer stuff for a few years and initially stopped collecting at around 15 cheap bottles. Then I picked up a Bond on a whim and started researching better fragrance than I was used to. That led me to check on /frag/ and shit got stupid since like Feb.

I swear I'm stopping now. Really. Just like

It's okay but there's a vegetable note or something that really didn't like. I liked Toit better, but it's too feminine for me.

How close is Purple Label to Bleecker Street?

It just smells fresh, nothing too special about it.

It's unisex, my gf has it.

They share a berry-thyme top, but go in very different directions from there. Purple Label is dry and herbal. Bleecker Street is juicy and sweet, almost gourmand.

I view BS as more unique and special than PL. You'd only want PL if BS is somehow too fruity for you. Also, PL has Ralph Lauren longevity (3 hours) and is not available on the gray market, making it a relatively poor value.

I think the only one of those that I've liked is Bleecker Street, and even then not enough to actually buy it.

What's the longevity like on Aqua? I used to love 90s Fahrenheit but the later forumlations haven't really done a lot of me

Hey no worries, you're helping me feel better about my self-control—I find that buying can be a bit more fun than owning, so I know that feel. But if you're enjoying it and can still eat and pay the rent, well fuck it why not?

how is ck shock?

It's more woody than Sauvage. That birch tar does it for me.

Maybe Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche?

Very good value on a unique fall/winter tobacco fragrance. I say Shock smells like a cherry Swisher cigar mixed with Monster energy drink. It comes across as youthful though not necessarily immature, and nobody would ever guess that it is so cheap. I use it for occasions where Versace Man (purple) feels too old and La Yuqawam is too expensive.

Top three Calvin Klein scent, one of the few with decent longevity (maybe 4 hours of projection and 4 more on skin). At $19 for 200 ml (fragnet), you can use it freely as a linen / clothes spray. It lasts forever on fabric. The same is true of all the CK frags. My bed always smells of CK One because why not?

>buying can be a bit more fun than owning
let's not discount the fun in owning, but yeah the research and the shopping online and the occasional visit to the local fragrance stores all count as entertainment for me. There are worse hobbies to have.