/skin/

Skincare General

Post everything related to skin care ITT.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

Veeky Forums skincare FAQ:
pastebin.com/PArDyf2G

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, ingredients

the old one died because you suck at bumping.
if you post in the thread, bump to make sure that the questions/answers you've written are seen by more people.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Neutrogena-Complete-Acne-Therapy-System/dp/B000EPA4FW
snowwhiteandtheasianpear.com/2015/01/skincare-discovery-putting-your.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they are flying me down to Paris for my first ever castings in two weeks, and I had a clear face when I got scouted. I have mild acne now. anything I can do until then? not trying to become some cool top model, but if I want to have any chances at getting any jobs whatsoever I figure I'll at least need decent skin so what do I do

i already have a rotation following the advice in the faq

what kind of acne is it? the red & inflamed kind? or just a lot of blackheads?

Has someone ever dealt with a nose that is both oily AND constantly peeling?

It really depends on your other products dude
At one point my skin started peeling at the beginning of myself following a routine. I stopped using a specific cleanser and used a stronger moisturiser and it got back to normal really quickly

Here goes my products list.

Now that this is done, let me explain. I don't actually know what to do with my nose, peeling means that it need to use a moisturizer, yes? But it's already oily, wouldn't it be overkill?

Without throwing you straight into a routine, I suggest you just wash your face in the morning and night with warm water, and if you already do that, a little splash will do well.

A moisturiser will help when (if) your skin starts to ease up bit by bit, but if you start using a moisturiser you might as well ease yourself into a routine with cetaphil and toner

Is "Clean and Clear Oil Free Moiturizer (w/ salicylic acid)" any good? Feels like a ripoff at 8 dollars for such a small bottle. I'm not sure if Cetaphil is oil-free.

This stuff is awesome, anyone else use it?

Hey guys, I have this horrible black spot on nose. And it won't go away, any tips?

Gonna be buying the following things off of Amazon
>Kiloline exfoliating loofah pads
>Viva Labs coconut oil
>Either the Aztec facial cleanser or the Dead Sea one

Anyone use these products? Specifically curious about the last two. I know the OP recommends CeraVe but the coconut oil is a little bit better priced for the amount you get.

You can try pressing it out gently into a tissue

Is it safe to put Tea Tree Oil on under sunscreen before work to help kill some pimples?

see the faq. you can get it out easily by using a needle/comedone extractor.

oh, don't do this btw because it's very hard to exert pressure where you need the pressure to go. you usually end up pushing the area way too hard, and the blackhead/pimple is removed sometimes but you always end up with sore & red skin.

it's just small spots, they aren't very inflamed or big (except one or two, sometimes). mostly just quite many small red spots, definitely noticeable

would appreciate any help

Stupid question, but what is this? On arms and legs.

Under microscope

Keratosis pilaris

Thanks user

Any suggestions for a cheap and good full body sunscreen? Enough to last a summer of smothering over my entire body?

I'm talking like 12 oz or something, not these tiny 2-3 oz that are geared more towards the face.

bump.

Does anyone here uses retinoids? What for?

lol i don't know shit about retinoids but if your problem is acne why don't you just use bp? worked for me

Light brown SEA. Guide for skin whitening? Is kojic soap okay?

anyone? :/

If I was in your situation, I would start taking N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC), 500-1200 mg/day, after reading up properly about the potential allergic reactions & side-effects, and starting small (

Been following skincare general for awhile, got rid of most of my acne and closed condomes, have very little left, but I suspect it'll go away eventually with continuing my routine.

Went out today, noticed my skin looks so lifeless and dull, very pale. When I got back home it looked fine. What can I do to make it appear more healthy and have a "glow"? I've thought about tanning, but not sure if it's worth the price of damaging my skin.

>been using Vitamin C serum/AHA/hydroquinone/niaicimide near daily

>STILL have PIH

IT'S NOT FAIIIIRRRR

>sleep from 10-7 every night
>drink at least 3L of filtered water every night
>still got dark circles under eyes

ah very impressive
it's not even the good sort of panda eyes, it's just shitty bags

What's a good bath soap to use?

Sweet potatoes, carotene.

Should I improve my product list?:

Menscience’s Eye Gel Mask
Molton Brown’s Deep-Clean Mineral Ions Face Wash
L’Occitane’s Almond Shower Scrub
NuBo’s Bio-Electric Buff
Clay and Herbal Cleansing Mask by Decleor
Nivea Men’s Sensitive Post-Shave Balm
Lab Series’ Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15
Max LS Instant Eye Lift

Stress is a big factor in developing acne in the first place maybe you should work on that

I went to a Vietnamese barber and he randomly offered to remove my white heads kek. He used some white peeling mask stuff and it was actually ok.

my skin is mostly clear besides sebaceous filaments, what kind of mineral oil would you recommend in addition to using a light moisturizing facial soap (only product I use)?

someone can help me whit my back acne?

Benzoyl peroxide 5% or 10%

mine always goes away if i let sun get on it. go lay lay outside with your shirt off

I've heard good things about it, I think I'll get some to use soon. Just go easy on it.

I have summer break from classes in two weeks, so I think I'll have time to reinvent myself, which includes a skin care routine.
Right now I use benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid washes for my acne. I use hydroquinone to fade acne scarring at night.
I want to know you're opinions on these which I plan to use;
Kojic acid soap to fix my tanned forearms
BB cream as a daily moisturizer
Nair to get rid of some arm hair
What are your experiences?

>eat healthy
>don't use 17 different greasy products every day

Honestly, people who eat fast food more than once a week and smother themselves in moisturisers daily freak me out...

Thoughts on this for a starting point? how bad is it?

COPPER PEPTIDES AND MAGNESIUM

amazon.com/Neutrogena-Complete-Acne-Therapy-System/dp/B000EPA4FW

>4/5 stars

it's "good", but not "great"

good starting point. plenty of worse things to cop

Basementdweller trying to to unfuck what wow did to me.

Forehead really greasy, skin been fucked for years
Big pores upper chin, nose and forehead

Is jumping infront of a train the only solution?

you could try reading the sticky first

>private browsing

Is there anything you can do once you already have some acne scarring?

wait should i exfoliate and then use cleanser? do i wash off the exfoliator?

these generals are a godsend. my skin is lighter and clearer after two weeks of cleanser exfoliator and moisturizer. im gonna get on that vitamin c and astrigent. i still dont know what order to use these products desu

use some bb cream to cover it up however if you mean permanently remove it then no unless you opt for surgery

is sunlight good for hyperpigs? my acnes fuckin pizza bad

when the skin is exposed to sunlight, the skin is damaged. this damage tells the skin to protect itself. it protects itself by creating melanin which makes your skin darker.

sunlight will help make your dark spots darker.

DIET AND EXERCISE.

I've been trying to figure out skin care for a while. And for me I have the best thing to do, is take all of the money spent on products, and spend it on the best food you can find.

Eat lots of high quality fats, and vegetables.

DIET AND EXERCISE.

Wash your face with only cold water. No soap or products.

Just improve your general health as much as possible and your skin will reflect that

DIET AND EXERCISE

>Wash your face with only cold water.

I don't know if this is a meme or not. Doesn't hot water open up your pores more? Sorry if newfag question.

Adapalene Gel 0.1% good for getting rid of minor black heads?

My skin doesn't produce enough oil. If I wash off my natural skin oil, then I acne up real fast.

Some people might need to use warm water though. I'm just speaking from personal experience.

My face is completely clear right now. I haven't washed it in a few days, and whenever I do its with cold water.

I don't eat sugar, or bad oils/fats.

I just eat protein, moderate good carbs (like potatoes or whole grains), and a variety of veggies. I try to eat as many nuts and seeds as I can afford, as well as plain yogurt.

Doing this, doesn't seem to do much good. Although my diet is inconsistent, maybe I need to eat more.

Cleanser then exfoliate.
If you're using a chemical exfoliant, don't wash it off, read instructions if you're doubtful.

snowwhiteandtheasianpear.com/2015/01/skincare-discovery-putting-your.html

I use coconut oil to shave and in my Sugar Scrub, it's pretty great

wait, so if I need to wash my face with cold water in the shower, do I just never use hot water? or do i wash my face in the morning with cold water, then take a hot shower at night?

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

mom, look! i posted a funny inside joke!

ah, busted again!

I've got a date tomorrow and I've had this large subdermal bs (idk, pimple? I can feel the shit, feels liquidy, under my skin and kind of move it around a tiny bit) is there any way to get rid of it before then?

Forgot image sorry

Left image shows it a little better. Also any other skin help would be appreciated. Went to dermatologist and been applying tazorac but didn't do much, so gonna start taking accutane soon i think, but I wanted some other help, as I feel you guys might be able to help too

how to witch hazel Veeky Forums? what should i be using it for, does it help w skin as an astringent or is that just a meme

dont chew on your nails for one

totaly thought that were some weird but huge spread apart tits from the thumbnail. mang

How :(
That's probably more appealing sounding than it actually was desu

great. thinking of trying the acne.org kit instead as a starting point as it has slightly better reviews but I'm not sure. what's your take on it?

ideally you would take a cold shower in the morning and warm at night (but never hot). if you are taking a warm/hot shower avoid washing your face. the way to tke a cold shower if youre just starting is begin on warm and gradually through the session just lower the temp. i did that for a few weeks and just gradually everytime start on a slightly cooler mode for the shower

I feel you buddy, doing the same thing
They've definitely got better but still not where I'd like them to be

????

Yes, as long as you don't use too much and it is carrier oil

>witch hazel
Probably wouldn't. If you have acne, this has alcohol, which will make your face either dry as fuck or oily. In my case, it's both.
Mad meme
Accutane is alright, I'd prolly go on a routine and put BHA on it like once a day.

Any good ways to make my skin less shiny?
I cant reduce my moisturizer that much since my skin dries out super fast

Anyone had any experience with Vit A supplements for acne and oily skin?

that's a moisturizing lotion with exfoliating properties. a moisturizer good for people with acne, for example. you would use it instead of your ordinary moisturizer.

Don't listen to this fucking guy. I mean, of course diet and exercise are important, but only focusing on that while ignoring everything else is only good for his genetics.
If you have dry skin, its different. If you have greasy skin, its different. If you're outside all the time and never use sunscreen, its different. If you have eczema, its different.

what does Veeky Forums use to wash their body? looking to get a new bodywash

What the fuck do I do about KP on my arms? It's fucking nasty. I've tried using coconut oil and it barely did anything, I've used regular lotion which obviously dindu nuffin. What product will get rid of it? I'm tired of red bumps on my fucking arms.

Can anyone tell me what actually is this? I had acne about 2 years ago, and it didn't came back ever since. I just shaved, is it possible that it is actually irritation? That is my right side of the face, my left side looks fine. Please help

probably just a small acne cyst.
you can poke it with a needle and get it out.

I'm mostly concerned about the other small imperfections I didn't had before. If anything, I'll start using Akne-Syt or Effaclar. Thanks for help tho

I have a small but noticeable white spot on the bottom corner of my lip. I've had it for probably a year or two, maybe more. It doesn't hurt or anything, but it's just there and it wont go away. I don't know what to do, I know it has puss in it but it's unpopable. Pls help

post pics

A skincare thread isn't complete without this copypasta

insane.

cleanser
exfoliator
moisturizer/sun screen

does all that without the autism

use a gel based moisturizer.

I don't think it's saying you must do all 10+ steps, just what order you would do steps in, along with explaining what different products do and why you might use them.

pls help

>unpopable

have you tried using a needle?

Parabens are totally harmless right?

Why would I do that?

it's possible it might be milia, if it is your only option is to get a doctor/dern to remove it