Model thread

i want to try to apply some places are there any tips or ways to go about getting into modeling

living in California if that helps

be tall and thin and good looking

This. Be tall, be good looking, and be thin. Bam.

how would you get noticed?

Apply to places, Call in multiple times, some malls also do modeling recruitment. These girls stand around and pick people. I got picked to model for Aeropostale but I didn't want to do it. Its almost entirely luck with a little bit of work. Make calls, google places, call an agent, etc.

Is 5'10" too short to be a model? Probably is, isn't it :(

ok thanks!
ive applied different places but havent called
never got any emails back

why did you want to go for aeropostale?

why didn't you**

first of all" be 6'1". secondly, move to LA.

an inch or two above or below 6'1 is passable but otherwise, the only way you'll get made is taking on an edgy "alt" role in NYC for labels that seek out 'nonconventional' models, ie HBA.

then get professional shots taken and send them out.

not a model but from LA and many (female) friends are.

I don't want to be a model.

oh ok

thanks, i live in la area and 6'2 must not be what companies are looking for!

ok, actual model here, walking for prada's next show. just apply to agencies and go in to their open calls, and be at least 6 foot, but not over 6 3. be attractive, be thin.

its kind of sad when people walk for HBA and then expect to make it with companies that want traditional models. i know a few

>be thin

Fug. Im otter mode dude. I think thats why I didnt get call backs. I went to an open castinf for a locak agency and for Ford.

otter mode works my man. just be thin-built. i mean, i have homies that are hella thin built but they do more body modeling.

and post a pic if youre comfortable w it, im sure we could give feedback.

do you know any open calls around la?
i honestly dont know many companies and dont want to fall into any traps, you know

nah man, i'm in NYC mostly. I could give you information there. not really fleshed out in LA yet. sorry m8.

ah thats ok

if you're looking at non-Veeky Forums modeling agencies: be a normie 10/10 good looking stud

if you're looking at Veeky Forums modeling agencies: look unique. Plenty of models would be considered ugly by most people

Ill post a head shot here in a bit, gotta grab my charger from a friends house.

I doubt you guys are still ITT but here is the headshot. I have a bunch more but I havent bothered sending them into any agencies. I always have friends/peers/girls ect tell me I could easily model but Im kind of hesitant to believe them. I know I am decently attractive but I dont think Im model tier.

The guy on Veeky Forums who is an slp model is 6'4. I got scouted both by slp and another agency when I was 6'3. are you sure what you're saying is true?

I'm around 193cm. I got scouted when I was 189cm. I suppose I'm somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4? how fucked am I? will no one be interested in me now?

He's talking out his ass, plenty of 5'11/6'0 models, who's agency lie about their height and say they're 6'2 which is the preferred height not 6'1

i'm the slp model / was the slp model lol and i'm 6'5, not 6'4. I would say the desired height is 6'2, but i mean height isn't such an issue anymore it's more about look. For example a guy with a great face could still get away with being as small as 6 foot, big brands don't care about height, to get a job with them you need a certain look, rather than a certain height. i would argue that brands themselves don't really care about height, it's the agencies that care

yea lucky b is like 6'5. if you have a look you could pull it, but its rare.

lucky b smith? he isn't 6'5

You can't do high fashion modeling because you don't have the "look".

I'll be cold and honest and say at best you might get some modeling work for some mall tier brands like GAP. But no high fashion unless it's hipster alt shit. Sorry mate.

You're just ugly

being attractive =/= model material