Suit General

I have my cousin's wedding coming up in a few weeks and I've decided to ditch my old shitty suit for a new one. The last one was dark grey, and I've settled on a black suit this time around.

Any tips and tricks to look Veeky Forums as possible? What color shirts and ties can I wear with a black suit? I have a black tie with a very dark grey floral pattern on it, but I'm willing to buy a new one if it doesn't fit.

Also, what color watches go with black suits? Any tips on the shoes? Any advice is appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

azabutailor.com/shop/
dressmann.com/en/pkg/package_DM_WOOLSTRETCH_SLIM_CHARCOAL_SUIT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>black suit
Avoid. Especially at a wedding. What are you doing son?

Make sure sleeves end 3/4" before wrist when relaxed. Get a slim fit tailoring. Make sure shoulders end where your shoulders end. Get it a little shorter than traditional. Pants should be no break or very little break.

don't get black
it's going to look like shit unless it's fucking on point and fits you like it was bespoke

if you insist, then your best bet is a white shirt, black shoes

get a navy suit instead

Don't do black. Gray or Navy is the only way to go if you're gonna own one suit and don't go to funerals all the time.

Not OP but I read sometime a go on Veeky Forums that full black like in pic related looks retarded. Is this correct?

dependent on situation
but 95% of the time, especially for you, it'll look retarded

bumping this thread
I think I've worn a suit maybe once in my life but I'm starting a Law internship and I need to not look like shit, pls help Veeky Forums
Will I just go for something slim fitting and grey and flick between a few different shirts?
Or is one expected to change between a few different suits themselves? I don't have a lot of money so either way it's gonna have to be cheap
Any advice appreciated

Okay so no black... I just use a lot of black in my fits so it came naturally. I'll look into navy and grey.

Does my black floral tie go better with navy or grey?

get a navy or charcoal suit for your first
expect to spend no less than 500-700

black goes with either, but i have no clue what the fuck you mean by black floral, is it solid black with floral patterns embossed? post a picture, it could be the tackiest fucking thing on earth

Yeah I was just taking a pic of it. Hold on.

waiting for the trolling

where to buy in UK (not designer)?

shitloads of places. Online or irl? What style?

Here's the tie. Personally I like it.

irl, business

it's alright, it'll be fine with either color

go to walker slater

no, it won't be fine with neither color. wtf are you talking about.

Thanks man.

What color shirt should I wear with it? Would a charcoal suit + black shirt + that tie look fine?

thanks.
Any other suggestions?

>neither color
maybe proofread or fucking learn how to speak English before you offer your questionable opinion

Charcoal suit white shirt
navy suit white shirt light blue shirt

stop thinking about black

It's a wedding. Don't try to be fashionable, but formal.
A black tie (without patterns, even though with some texture) should work fine with both colors, but not that one.
You should decide on the color of your suit depending on the shoes, shirts and socks you already have. Give us more info on that.

Alright no black. Can the shoes be black though? Or does it even matter?

Grey suit + white shirt + floral tie it is.

The last time I wore a suit was years ago when I was still a kid so a lot of my suit stuff has been thrown away. Anyway, I have

>white shirt, black shirt (can buy any color shirt if needed)
>assortment of socks, mostly black and grey with no to some patterning
>that black tie, a purple tie and can borrow my father's ties which are mostly dadcore
>used to have black shoes with little shine, need to buy new ones as well
>dark brown Tommy Hilfiger belt (with minimal branding and looks neat)

Not much to go with but I'm willing to buy anything I need.

you're not going to need a belt if your pants fit, unless you want to wear a belt as an accessory
keep in mind it breaks up the clean, sleek form of a fitted suit and can work against you if you're not as tall

You're right, I'll get some pants where I don't need the belt. It does break up the sleekness.

Has anyone bought a suit through Suit Supply?
was thinking of going through them since they have a shop somewhat close to me

so, you are going to wear a tie with a floral pattern, and trousers without belt loops...
you should advice him a buttplug too

desu senpai if you have belt loops some higher power doesnt force you to wear a belt every time

I know bro, but this is a wedding, and even though there are no written rules it's always a safe bet to go with tradition

well you do have a point there.

my friend reccommended the site for me. if they had shops in my country it would probably be the first place i'd go to

should i advise him to leave a 5 on the nightstand when he's done with your mother?

>black shoes
>navy suit

are you retarded? go for brown shoes with a navy suit and always match your shoes with your belt. get a tie that is darker than your shirt if possible. for a wedding my advice would be to go with this

Navy jacket
Gray pants
White shirt
Red tie
Black shoes
Black belt

(its now okay to go with black shoes since your pants are grey)

>go for brown shoes with a navy suit and always match your shoes with your belt. get a tie that is darker than your shirt if possible

/thread

maybe you should learn how to read you fucking mongoloid. since you're so fucking retarded i'll fill in the blanks that your vacant skull is incapable of doing

if you insist (on getting a black suit), then your best bet is a white shirt, black shoes

also nothing wrong with navy suit black shoes, you can wear brown shoes if you want to look like a fucking dad lmao

also
>navy jacket
>gray pants
that's not a fucking suit any more you colossal mouth breather

100% correct, just look at that faggot in your pic. Good aesthetics but still looks like a dingdong in his Matrix suit.

>slim fitting
NEIN
This is pleb trendstyle, NOT suitable for a professional environment, ESPECIALLY not as your first/sole suit, DO NOT DO THIS, WARNING, ALERT

With a grey or navy suit, black shoes/black belt are necessary, not just possible.

what other mfa rules ya got for me my man? give it to me straight :)

>Will I just go for something slim fitting and grey and flick between a few different shirts?
>Or is one expected to change between a few different suits themselves?
If they don't like you wearing the same suit the whole time, ask for a raise in a laughing way (note: not some robot-type bitter spite, this will land you out on your ass); they'll get the idea and unless they're top cunts, won't think ill of you for it.

simmer down boy. its a casual summer wedding. going in a suit is overdressing. also navy suit and black shoes is a giant mistake and looks bad in the eyes of everyone who has the slightest fashion sense.

also,
>black suit, white shirt, black shoes

are you dumb? hes going to a wedding IN THE SUMMER so unless hes going there as staff and is going to walk around serving duck and champagne hes going to look like a massive retard in black. stop posting and lurk moar daddy

i'm not going to explain again why you're retarded because you seem to lack the mental faculties to understand even when it's explained to you

just know that you are

>he cant cope with the fact that hes incapable of giving out decent fashion advice

so sorry

good one, retard

> implying what's advertised as slim fit today is even remotely slim
> implying baggy suits ever were in style
> implying bespoke suits were ever baggy

consider the fact that most law interns I know (including me) typically just wear straight pants, good quality shirt, blazer. You can just buy two blazers, say three pairs of straight pants and as many shirts as you can get. That'll have you set for a very long time.

Planning on having a jacket and trews made up of this material.
The pants light gray and the jacket houndstooth
good idea y/n

i don't like how the material looks

"Baggy" suits were certainly in style.
>What is the 30s,40s,50, 80s and 90s
And people did have bespeak "baggy" suits.
And by baggy I mean with a looser, drapey chest, extended shoulders, and more looser pants. It's basically a more structured silhouette.

What's wrong with it lad

i just can't imagine it looking good
if you like it then go for it, it's my opinion after all and you've got your own

do you have any pictures of jackets with a similar pattern?

I love that tweed, it is called houndstooth pattern. If I were you I would go for a coat with that fabric, not a suit.

I like the material but my mum has a dress made of similar...

Aye. The plan is for a jacket for the houndstooth and a pair of light gray pants to go with it.

Is the pattern more loud than the one I posted?

It's not particularly loud just that's what it reminds me of when I see it.

Related /hardmode/ question:

I'm in Japan. I may need a suit in a few months for a university function. There are suit stores *everywhere* in Tokyo but I have no idea which is the best pick and no clue if anyone can speak English. And naturally, I don't have much of a budget.

Can anyone help?

what's your budget? don't think I'll be able to help you as I only know how to get a suit under $1000 bespoke.

Probably $500-600 max. I could probably do with off the rack.

You can MTO with that kind of money. Azabu or F-One suits. F-One more salary-man tier. Azabu younger tighter suits. where are you located?

curious, why are you in japan, friend?

>tokyo
sorry didn't read properly, you'll find both in tokyo.

das gud mane

Studying abroad. Curious, what could I get for less? I don't really need anything fancy, just something that looks good, fits well and will last.

/n, a coat probably.

that's certainly not wrong. I merely wanted to point out that there is no need to cater to the fashion taste from 20 or more years ago only because you work in some kind of conservative industry. Look what the bosses of these companies wear, certainly not baggy/loose but appropriately slim nowadays. Neither too tight nor too baggy but that's exactly what's being sold under the label 'slim' today. There is no need to buy dedicated loose-fitting suits for any job and you will not be rejected simply because the thighs have a tighter fit. Companies like these want you to blend in, convey a certain sense of reliability and not make an immediate negative expression.

This is what I wanted to express with my, granted, slightly pointed remark.

ahhh, I can't really remember but I think aoyama and suit company are cheapest that aren't entirely horrendous. can't recommend though.

seriously, azabu does 37000yen suits and 7000yen shirts not fancy by any means but if you want something that >something that looks good, fits well and will last.
then go this. it does take a month though to process.

Sounds good. Is their English good or should I brush up on my tailors' Japanese?

what's so bad about black suits?
I haven't gotten this one tailored yet, but i picked it up at the suit company the other day

they're a chain mto place with about 20 stores or so azabutailor.com/shop/ definitely it depends.

from what I remember suit company was fused poor material suits. I could be wrong though. even azabu is fully canvassed.

honestly I know fuck all about suits which is why I went and got a cheap (28000 on sale) 2 piece from there just as a first suit so I don't have to worry about it due to its price so I couldn't tell you if the material is fused or canvassed

I just wanted something to start off which is why I went with a basic black/white color scheme to have a standard before deviating into something else and getting something mto

OP here. So I went and tested a few suits today, and found a problem.

My size was great on me, but because I'm intermediate tier Veeky Forums, when I straighten my back the chest part of the jacket pops out. Otherwise it's perfect. The next size up is very loose on the waist and looks a little long as well. Which one is the lesser evil?

Both are bad, you should really get a made to measure suit if you have body as atypical.

Buying a suit should mean investing your money in an item(s) you might not wear weekly, but it should last several years, even decades.

Don't settle with something even remotely unfitting. Unless you really need a suit and can't afford to have it tailored, then buy cheapest crap possible and don't wear it unless you really have to.

To answer your question more directly, if shoulders on the bigger size fit well, buy that one and get the lower part tailored. Check pic related.

Yeah, figured that both are bad. The thing is, I'm on a shitty student budget and these suits are pretty much the only ones I can afford right now. I know a good suit is a thing you should really invest money in, which I will definitely do at some point.

Thanks for the pic friend. I'll try the jackets again tomorrow and compare. The bigger jacket is the safer bet I guess.

Which pattern looks best?

Can you id the suits? I might know some reasonable alternative..

I'd go with that brown herringebone, but the jackets's style matters a lot. Four or fith from the bottom, can't really count how many are there.

What kind of suit will you be getting?

dressmann.com/en/pkg/package_DM_WOOLSTRETCH_SLIM_CHARCOAL_SUIT

This is the suit, pls no bully. 50R is apparently the size with the poppy chest, and 52R the one with the loose vest.

vest -> chest

damn it, meant "waist"... time for bed soon i guess, heh

where are you from?

Finland

A sport coat.
Thinking patch pockets
3/2 roll
Dunno about vents yet

Not gonna bully. For me, the biggest issue is the material - 53% polyester means a lot of unnecessary sweating, shiny look and other bullshit. It's very trendy pattern wise and I wouldn't mind that as long as the jacket's concerned, but pants are terribly low waisted. That will result in showing a triangle of shirt showing in between the pants waistline and upper button of the jacket. And that's quite plebic imo and screams "cheap shit" more than anything else (although some hip boyz get suits tailored like that).
All in all, even for 200, you can do better. There's a video called 75 dollar suit somewhere on YouTube, I think it was from zara (inb4 FOCKIN ZARA SUCKZ, FOCKIN FAST FASHION, and it's true, but it's the best thing I can think off within your budget range).

Note - charcoal is a very good pick of a colour. You can combine it well with simple ties and switch between formal and informal look quite easily.

I'm lucky enough to live near one, it's great
Ask any question you want in store, blue line Napoli navy or grey plain is good to start with.

Then the herringebone is a great pick. I'd get either 3/2 roll or one buttoned, it's fresh a quite aesthetic imo. Definitely patch pockets, make sure the breast pocket is also a patch, a lot of jackets don't have all three pockets in the same style for some reason. I'd go double vented just because it looks better almost always.

What about elbow patches a lapel shape?

Shitty tie

Lapels would be notch, moderately sized.
Elbow patches hmmmm. Have to think on that one

Thanks for the great answer, friend. Is polyester really that bad? I remember my old jacket was hot as hell but I thought it was just because it was summertime.

The pants seem a tad lower waisted than my previous pair. I'll test again in store tomorrow if the triangle shows when the top button is closed. I'll check out some zara suits too. To be honest zara suits look quite nice, but I'm skeptical if they'll fit my abnormal body type. Fingers crossed.

Good luck, friendo. As for polyester, it really is the worst material you can use on a jacket, it's impractical and its structure doesn't look good either because the fibers are completely different from wool or other traditional materials.

Zara stuff might not fit any better, but should at least be cheaper, meaning you won't be spending more money on something similar and hopefully contemporary anyway.

*Jumping in*
OP, you seemed to really like your tie, so I’ll go from there.
I’d pair it with:

- MEDIUM GRAY SUIT, flat material such as wool would work best with this tie, it balances the feminine aspect of it (floral shiny material)
- VERY LIGHT SHIRT of any cold hue (gray or blue, no beiges!)
- MATCHING leather belt/shoes, black would be safe choice and would look good, but try to find dark/medium reddish brown
- if wearing handkerchief, match it to the shirt
- no need to play with edgy lapels with this look, notched lapel (or peak, average size, not skinny, not too large) will be perfect
- if you’re in good shape, slim is the way to go : slim fit suit, slim shoes; else, just listen to what your body (or the suit) tells you
- you can turn any 200$ suit into looking like a 1000$ one, only takes one thing : self-confidence (vodka helps- drink responsibly)

Good luck !

I need a suit for hs graduation, I have never worn a proper suit before, only shitty ones that didnt fit right. Where to get a suit in canada? and should I get it tailored? how does that work?

If you are from Finland try this webpage: www.vfo.se
There you can buy a 100% wool suit for your budget.

noni, taitaapi olla tunnistettud

Similar situation senpai. You can generally get your suit tailored in house, depending on the brand, or they can refer you to a tailor.

If the suit is a one time thing, then nah. If you plan on using the suit more then once, then get it tailored. Nothing looks better then a good suit. It will take a couple days, maybe a week, and they'll sew things here and there to make the suit fit better.

Very negro like!

buy suit supply or if complete poorfag just rent one and accept that everyone looks like shit.

What are you fuckers opinions on fedora lounge style