WTF is going on with this board? It feels like Veeky Forums has gotten significantly worse over the past 3-6 months...

WTF is going on with this board? It feels like Veeky Forums has gotten significantly worse over the past 3-6 months. Sure it was still crap, but not like this. It feels very spammy here.

Recently I've been seeing shit like this being posted every fucking time and apparently this has become a fucking thing as well Also wtf is with all of the "but only if you post" images being spammed around here like it is fucking /b/. Where are the fucking mods?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!9wsn1CiI!1NjhrqWnRLahQ9cvBKvwnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to derail the spastic threads u faggot
>3 - 6 months
Veeky Forums hasn't been decent in at least 2 yrs

The point that first thread is making is completely accurate though, the people who post that kind of shit on here should be purged, but yeah I don't think it needs to be spammed every day of the week

/soc/ infestation

i will post every day until i see change

I know it hasn't been decent in a long time, but it's gotten much worse recently.

I agree with it to some extent, but it shouldn't be spammed here. Who knows how many quality threads have been archived because of this garbage.

But we're seeing change already, and it's not in a good way. It's becoming part of a bigger problem.

>Who knows how many quality threads
lmfao
are we talking about the same board?
the only threads that come even remotely close to having any kind of quality are the jap magazine dumps that one guy has done recently, and maybe a select few of the recurring general threads we have on a good day

You can't tell me these threads are worse than this . Combined with the "but only if post" image there it nothing of value in this thread. It's just fucking spam which is probably worse than bad threads which there are a lot of course.

God, that sounds like hell out of all the boards soc is one of the most cancerous

my magazine dump threads keep getting archived lol
in one of them I spent like fifty bucks on mags - including a ridiculous 350 page Nike guide - and an entire day putting up links
and i don't think anybody saw it lol

/r/streetwear ruined Veeky Forums

yeah, let's just blame reddit instead of taking responsibility for allowing and even cultivating retarded board culture that's now become the norm

you're retarded for actually giving a fuck lel

yes Veeky Forums is dead and i dont care because i'm not a shut in dressed by the internet trash heap like you top kek

This. Most of the kids in her can't afford the rick owens they circle jerk over

projecting a bit hard there kid

>it's a "Veeky Forums has gotten worse, where da mods at" episode

zzzzzz....

The issue simply lack of effort, and now knowledge. Mostly everything is a shitpost or a thread with small questions but no room for discussion.

Most threads I see are about a single pair of shoes, or one discreet item. The user asks peoples opinions on the shoes and are then flammed to death, and so they should be. a whole thread asking for opinions on one item cant add anything to the board in way of discussion. those threads only help out the OP who posted it.

No one can be bothered to make interesting comments or engage in discussion. no one can even be bothered to post inspo. While Veeky Forums has always had shitposting and flamming there has been good discussions on building fits, finding aesthetics and genuine fashion discussion. Its always been digging through shit to find gems, but I'm finding good content few and far between now.

The issue is becoming that were left with a much less knowledgeable userbase and a user base that is used to such constant shitposting. this place more copying a style and less understanding the basic principles of fashion, as a result the fits you see are often misshapen and poorly put together, there is no knowledge of the theory behind them. Im happy that I gained enough from the good old days to be able to look at runways, books and magazines to further my knowledge, I think I would never enjoy fashion if I found this place within the last 2ish years.

a lot of people lurk them i assume

animalos are cancer

I hope so lol
I buy the magazines for myself and upload them to try and contribute to the board
But most people are here to troll post, not talk about fashion

I think people are just lacking the ressources/effort to emulated themselves further about fashion. I'm a newfag myself (2 years). The problem is that shut-in neets from other boards that can barely put on a t-shirt without losing their spaghetti make threads alongside With massive shitposters, insecure /soc/attention whores and people that want a discussion about runway Shows. Stuck together on a sinking ship. Just tell people to fuck off to their respective place: r/mfa, /soc/ and /s4s/.

Normalfags. That is what's going on. Plebs have now discovered image boards too. But not just on this board. Almost every other board I visit is getting shittier day by day. Might even quit imageboards if this trend continues.
>inb4 "muh sekrit club"

I see these same posts on every board.

>___ hasn't been good in years

Just get off Veeky Forums if you don't find it fun. This place is and always has been a cancerous shitheap.

the muh dick threads are the best thing to happen to this board, half of you guys cant dress and lack any confidence and originality to make decent fits.

shut ufaggot

you're just getting older, enjoy it

This image only serves to fuel my existential defeatism, I'm like 1/4 through there and every week seems shorter tha the last. Sometimes I feel like my mind has grown old while my body remains young.

everyone has been saying this about every board since i started browing Veeky Forums like 9 years ago

maybe the site is getting worse, but it's more likely IMO that your're just maturing. the longer you browse and the more you grow up, the more you want real discussion and less shitposting/meming. but with the increasing popularity of internet culture, there are more and more new users every day who only want the memeing and shitposting.

Probably means you aren't learning enough new stuff. It is just one possibility. One of the links between older people experiencing life more quickly is because they are not being exposed to the same level of new experiences they had been when they were young. Since there is less new information to store in the brain they tend to give weeks and years a washed, flat feeling. When there are more ups and downs and new feelings you will feel as if time goes by more slowly.

There will always be fluctuation, of course, but I would recommend learning new things and going new places.

If people want real discussion they should create it. There are some good threads going on right now, and there have been for some time. People just like to complain because it's easier than actually coming up with a solution.

Also, instead of acknowledging the useless pieces of the board, if more people just ignored them and let them die away then the better discussion would begin to rise to the top.

If you want real discussion then come up with interesting questions, or find the interesting questions being asked and answer them. You also have to accept that these kinds of discussions move more slowly than the other "filler" discussions. It might not be a bad thing to have a balance.

I miss a sense of community. When has there been a collaboration on Veeky Forums? /mu/ has made albums. Veeky Forums has made games.

i agree with you about the need to create content. The problem is it's so much easier to shitpost so many anons never evolve past it to creating discussion

I've been on the board 2012 - early 2015, then left for a year and have been popping by for fun in the last couple of weeks.

It's been pretty awful and is now beyond saving because all the people who actually know anything have either A) left because of toxic / underaged userbase who don't know how to appreciate literally some of the best fashion discourse that has come about on the internet B) grown up

Then the groups of people who were keen on learning during that time have all become pretty cool on their own and ventured into more niche interests, and now those individuals keep in contact via Skype, not forums

That leaves Veeky Forums with literally nobody to lead any discussion, they have missed the boat, any discussion that is had is of very low quality because there are no people above that level to throw in food for thought. They have good intentions but it's really the blind leading the blind.

Then you have people like me who actually work in the industry stop by and drop good posts which go completely ignored or challenged by fuccbois who just don't realize there are levels to this shit, and they're at the very bottom. Also b/c it's user, in their mind they reduce everyone to around the same level / experience, when in reality some of them are leagues and leagues beyond them.

Top fucking post. This could explain almost any boards decline. Gunna save this for reposting on /qa/

I also think the general userbase on Veeky Forums has gotten hell of a lot more "normie" for the lack of a better word and that just shits everything up more.

Veeky Forums really did go from somewhat alternative to full blown normie in the span of a couple years, with memes fully blowing up in the mainstream.

I think what's happened is that, around ~2013, the wave of users who discovered Veeky Forums during its "not fully mainstream" cusp were still of that "alternative" type in that they had that sense of different self awareness that created Veeky Forums and its culture in the first place. They were a bid nerdier, did more research and were more obsessed. They actually went and tried to find out more about their interests.

Now you have a full on normie invasion of kids lacking in any self awareness, which sucks for both A) the physicality of fashion : how shit actually looks, etc. They don't know they look bad. B) the level of their posting / opinions / commentary. They have nobody to tell them they're wrong because they're all equally stupid. Nobody to call them out on their bullshit and keep them in check. No awareness of their own cognitive biases when posting, which is why you have people who are objectively wrong but will argue to the death about literally nothing at that point.

2/2

is complaining about Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums?

I hate the fact that these kind of threads happen at least once every 2 weeks and then everyone forgets about them.

Stop complaining and start helping build a community

How can we improve things, then? I'm actually really interested in making this board about fashion again rather than other shit.

Veeky Forums is and always has been the most normalfag board that I frequent by an absolute mile. So many people here are just blowins who occasionally come on Veeky Forums only and act like they have any fucking clue about anything. The fact that we allow attention whoring thread, blog threads, people making whole threads on topics that are already up etc is indicative of the large subset of the carebear normie shits who infest this board.

Oh look, it's another "I'm an oldfag from the good old days who just occasionally browses these days because I'm so beyond the board now. My opinion matters more for this reason" faggot. Fuck off and kill yourself. You're equally if not more cancerous you pretentious cunt.

shut up faggot

>jap
i know who you are you racist fuck
kys

Yeah, who am I? The guy who fucked your mom last night? Fucking dumb nigger

i think we need a janitor to just sticky a few choice threads like the rick general and your magazine dumps. and then let the rest of the shit get shitposted to oblivion

>unironically getting offended on Veeky Forums
you're the problem. Kill yourself.

>challenged by fuccbois who just don't realize there are levels to this shit, and they're at the very bottom
implying you aren't at the bottom you retail minimum wage cock sucker
supreme and yeezys are the future, get used to it homo

Back to somethingawful you nu-male dick sucker.

t. unironically carl the cuck

>supreme and yeezys are the future, get used to it homo

LMFAO

10/10

I can't believe this filthy is breathing the same air we are. Yeezys are the future man.

Or maybe I should go to ředdit
I'd probably be made a mod lol

I guess the only way to make discourse good again is to be the change. I'll admit if anything I've become less knowledgeable about fashion in the last year or so because I've barely actually thought about it compared to previously where I would go out of my way to become more aware of what I'm supposed to be doing. I really depended on what was being discussed here to put me in a mindset that was productive to my appearance.

I honestly wouldn't know how to steer discussion in a direction that would be productive and the knowledge required is just so hard to access in terms of fashion because of the subjective nature of fashion and the fact that lots of people can be intentionally abrasive so the value of their knowledge remains relatively high.

Tl;dr I basically depended on this place fr years and only just now realised I've subconsciously slipped a lot.

And I need to know where the fuck that isn't here that I can learn.

/blogpost I guess

These posts are a godsend for real.

/soc/ was changed to Cams & Meetups, so the 'social' community moved here and disguised face rate threads as facial 'aesthetic' threads and so forth

mega.nz/#F!9wsn1CiI!1NjhrqWnRLahQ9cvBKvwnQ

>over the past 3-6 months
It's been shit for like the past four years.

It's all hypebeast kiddies now

This looks interesting. Thanks for uploading.