>tfw you will never be rich and surrounded by qts in designer clothes

unironically buying LV is the end of all things fashion

shut up poorboi

stick to your adidas and horsefucking

LV is ugly

We need more Goyard qts

>louis vuitton
>designer

They could at least have the decency to wear Hermes instead of that atrocious LV garbage.

>LV luggage
>20 dollar shoes

>Veeky Forums can't appreciate lv rtw
Really makes you think...

LV is for hairy sandniggers in early 20s with rich parents and their white trash girlfriends. No fashion conscious person would wear that shit.

Fuck off.

does this trigger you pham?

>hermes
>not atrocious garbage

LV is helmed by one of the best designers of our time turning out absolutely mental shit

Know your shit before you talk

Totally depends on the piece. T B H those belts don't even look that bad when they're part of a semi-tasteful outfit and not holding up Chief Keef's drawers.

They've got a lot of RTW and scarves without visible branding, not to mention several belt buckles that aren't Hs.

niggers ruin everything

they've ruined French and Italian luxury, probably for good

OK, how do you explain the fact that most LV wearing people are feneric white gold diggers with spray tans and smelly arabs with pubstaches?

bright light always attracts scores of moths and other filthy insects

the apes buy the monogram and label shit, whereas the classy customers buy the better, subtler stuff

As a twink I'm ok with this

which one you mean? Nicolas Ghesquière?

I was addressing the fact that you know nothing about Louis Vuitton as a brand, you just think it's monogram bags and associate it with the obvious wealth flaunting crowd because you're lacking awareness of the wider spectrum of luxury fashion consumers

Alot of people with taste actually buy and wear the rtw and leather goods in tasteful ways, you're just obviously new to the game and these people are illusive to you. You can't even imagine the scope of levels that exist above your entry level knowledge.

You're at that point where you get really mad about new money type people flaunting wealth because you believe that your taste in fashion transcends that, and you point it out as if it were some truth that only you, a fashion *patrician*, could identify as unappealing. Funnily enough though, it has the opposite effect, only insecure fuccbois actually get mad over what other people spend their money on.

Go take a look at Ghesquiere's Cruise Collection from a few days ago, and some of Kim Jones's work in the last few seasons, look at the types of people who attend.

not just niggers, new money azns, kebabs too

Post three tasteful LV fits.

this thread is atrocious

not my job to educate you, go look at the collections like i've told you, although your frame of reference is probably too narrow to even comprehend most of it.

stop hatin sempai

I'm sorry, but 99% of the brand's profits and popularity is due to the aforementioned bags and other hideous overly branded clothing.

That in itself makes the utterly mediocre and bland collections you've mentioned an absolute meme.

would have been ok but the bag ruins it

absolutely shit, especially the sunglasses

and one for the grills

This makes no sense, are you even aware of how fashion / marketing works?

The RTW and overarching artistic direction creates the universe / fantasy, which people buy into via leather goods and accessories.

Also, what does "meme" mean? What do you mean when you say that the collections are a "meme", are you saying the creative integrity and value of the RTW is invalidated as a result of its direct success / influence in sales via accessories(which is its intended effect in the first place)?

If you want me to take anything you say seriously, you're going to actually have to come with real arguments. Just take the hit to your ego and stop engaging if you don't have anything to say. It's ok to be wrong.

the accessories became so successfull at this point, they overshadow everything else for the general crowd. people buy LV bags and belts because they've seen celebrities wearing them and view it as a staple of success and means to gain attention, not because they've seen runways and collections and want to go after aesthetics of the brand

the actual artistic universe LV is pretty obscure for must of us, that's why Veeky Forums treats it as a meme

i'd love to hear your insigh about it tho, that's a rare topic emerged there

I see Louis Vuitton as being somewhat a victim of its own success. The head of LVMH, Bernard Arnault, is a typical French cunt, and his acquisition-heavy approach to business has turned LVMH into something of a tyrant in the industry. In the meantime, LV itself has become more and more commercial, begun pandering more and more to the ghetto crowd and its tastes. And they've been rolling in the profits for the past decade. It's hard to resist reaching for the lowest hanging fruit, which is the average new money chinese and rich dindu customer. They'd never market to those demographics directly, but they are more than happy to tailor 30% or more of their product base to appeal to them directly.

The phenomenon of 'mongramming' (that is, branding your product in an obvious but semi-tasteful way has been around a long time. Look at the success of Polo Ralph Lauren. Today, most designers have put out some like of monogram pattern or icon piece to entice these tasteless customers into buying. But it has worked corruption on many brands. Prole drift has diminished the standing and prestige of many prominent houses, including Gucci, LV, Prada, Burberry, Ferragamo, Hermes, Givenchy, Versace and others. Brands that have remained relatively impervious to prole drift are those that have no monogram line, such as Bottega, Kiton, Isaia, Zilli and so on. But these are also smaller houses.

Women buy (or have their providers buy) LV bags to impress other women. Men buy LV bags and accessories to impress women and other low-minded types like them. I have some LV items myself, but I try to buy the oddball pieces or the RTW and avoid mainline products. I guarantee you most LV customers could not name any of the creative leads at Louis Vuitton. They don't care. What they buy are the staple pieces, the handbags and wallets that come out every year.

Artistically, LV has gone through some pretty prominent names. Marc Jacobs was in charge of menswear up until recently.

Today it seems they're playing catch-up with Gucci's Alessandro Michele. The RTW struggles with identity as well. They lean heavily on branding even in the collections. The fixation on their icons and mongram has lead to some neat innovations though, like the new twist bags that open by rotating a metal V which, when closed, forms the brand's iconic logo.

They dabbled in some whimsical and unusual stuff when they did that FFXIII collaboration, an obvious attempt to raise their profile in the Japanese and Korean markets. It managed to be forward looking and completely stupid at the same time. The only real upshot is that FFXIII was finally treated as what it always has been, namely an elaborate cosplay simulator for faggots.

Why do theses models always look weird.

haha you sound ridiculous

It's the industry aesthetic. Ugly, lanky and gaunt is what's effay today.

Fashion models are shit-tier women.

Pic unrelated, not a fashion model

Yeah, for the "general crowd". That was never the point I was picking with that user. I was arguing that despite what the general population (including him) perceives LV to be, that there is a very strong creative direction by Ghesquiere which has been an amazing breath of fresh air after 10+ years of Marc Jacobs. You also kind of have to have kept up with Ghesquiere's signature / what he did for Balenciaga throughout the 2000s, and how it was different from other designers during that time, and be able to see how he is able to masterfully weave his signature into the LV brand to really appreciate how good he is. There's really nobody like him today. Meanwhile dumb poop head underage user on Veeky Forums is out here denouncing literally one of the most revered geniuses in the industry, not realizing how absolutely ridiculous that notion is. It's like a millenial tumblr teen whose only exposure to art has been through tumblr saying that a Michaelangelo painting is shit because it doesn't fall in line with his notion of "art" AKA bits and pieces of postmodern art he's seen on tumblr reblogged by kids just as clueless as him

Anyways, Marc Jacobs was more about heritage, more classical, more theatrical. Maybe somewhat of a stagnating idea of luxury around the time he left. Ghesquiere injected an energy of modernism, his signature sci-fi elements, and reinterpreted what travel (one of the core principles of the house) means for the luxury consumer today, right here, right now.

Of course, if you are completely unaware of what is going on in the world around you, and in fashion, all of this will completely fly above your head (pun intended).

???

>Marc Jacobs was in charge of menswear up until recently

What? As far as I can remember, Paul Helbers has been in charge of menswear since like ~2007, and Kim Jones took over around ~2011, both which are hardly recent... Also why is there 0 mention of THE biggest shift, Ghesquiere?

Ok I'm the original user who was arguing for LV, don't listen to this guy, this guy is waaaaaaaaay off on the direction for menswear and I don't even know if he's aware that THE Nicolas Ghesquiere took over 2 entire years ago.

>Accusing Ghesquiere of struggling with identy

nigga literally WHAT LOL

>Trying to be like Michele

LITERALLY WHAT 2

Wtf are you even talking about man... How the fuck is Ghesquiere, someone who has been in the spotlight and proven / established his vision time and time again for the last decade, heavily influenced by modern / retrofurutism, ANYTHING like Michele, who has only been in the spotlight for a few years, and is heavily influenced by the past? I can't see any parallels in their works both aesthetically and in terms of approach. Care to elaborate?

>FFXIII

If you knew anything about Ghesquiere you'd appreciate the clever amalgamation of one of his favourite elements to play with, sci-fi / futurism, w/ something that is very current and appropriate, at the same time utilizing one of his muses. Also idk what that tiny little blip in the radar really has to do with the general artistic direction of the house, you talk as if that was the most prominent thing he's done for the house over, uh, you know... THE RTW???

>Pic unrelated, not a fashion model
Yeah, clearly. She looks like basic bitch trash.

lol look at S/S 2016 menswear, it's a straight rip from the floral/bird embroidery shit that Gucci has been doing for two seasons now

all carafags should be euthanized along with their drug addict coalburning idol

>vuitton rtw
>relevant to fashion in the 21st century
o i am laffin

fuck off rickfag, nobody has even heard of your memecore shit outside of Veeky Forumsg

take the louis branding of all their stufff and nobody will think its something special

What the actual fuck LOL

Michele did not invent florals, he did not invent embroidery. The pic you posted is an PAINFULLY obvious take on oriental art, often seen on sukajans and vacation wear, as seen in the rest of the collection : the spectator sports collars, the rayons / satins, uh, you know, the ACTUAL SOUVENIR JACKETS? LOL. The parallel you are drawing is so fucking base level I can't even. Also floral vacation / loungewear has been in / coming back in for the last couple of years on SS / resort collections anyways.

And still 0 mention of Ghesquiere, which LV pretty much is. Stop posting, your scope is too narrow.

see

>Meanwhile dumb poop head underage user on Veeky Forums is out here denouncing literally one of the most revered geniuses in the industry, not realizing how absolutely ridiculous that notion is. It's like a millenial tumblr teen whose only exposure to art has been through tumblr saying that a Michaelangelo painting is shit because it doesn't fall in line with his notion of "art" AKA bits and pieces of postmodern art he's seen on tumblr reblogged by kids just as clueless as him

I work in the industry and if you said that to anyone who actually works in fashion they'd laugh at you.

Good thread t.bh

I really want to fuck a rich girl like that. Kind of my fetish t.bh.

I don't think very many actual rich people go in for LV monogrammed stuff. Those girls are probably callgirls or dedicated club sluts with sugar daddies.

If you're looking for rich girls, sniff around Ivy League universities for the ones with gorgeous bone structure and low-key really nice clothes.

I went to a private school and the rich girls had exactly these gucci louis etc bags and a bimbo style in general. Of course there were other chicks but if you dig rich bimbos they are definitely out there. A lot of rich dads dont pay too much attention to their daughters so they have to compensate the lack of attention somehow

Yeah my fetish is to fuck a rich, dumb bimbo. Just fucking nothing else really.

The low-key rich girls with class would make great gfs though.

all they think of is rappers wearing lv belts and arabs covering themselves in the monogram
they dont know the rtw