Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm nearly 20 and have decided I need to cop a nice pair of dress shoes to wear to a research position interview. Anyone have recs?

OP if this is your first pair of "dress" shoes, get yourself a pair of oxfords. I really like oxblood because I like my shoes to pop. Paul Evans is expensive, but they make really great Italian leather shoes that won't ever go out of style. A whole cut or wingtip would be my runner up choice. Pic related is Paul Evans oxblood oxfords.

How dressy? If you can wear loafers, I love horsebits, but if not then oxblood laceups are the shit.

oh and also for the love of god if you're going to an interview, do NOT do the picture you posted and wear high water trousers without socks. you'll be laughed at in the professional world. that shit is strictly for a fashion forward setting and it's considered trendy.

no break trousers :(

yeah I'm not a fan. I prefer a half break in my trousers with a tapered ankle. The no break trend is so cringe especially when people wear lace ups with no socks.

Those are beautiful fucking shoes...
Tell me w2c as I grab my daddy's credit card.

Thanks for the recs man. That's the type that I was looking for; I'll take your tips into account as well. I wasn't planning on doing the 'no-socks' thing, this was the only picture of 'classy' shoes that I had saved on my computer.

Paul Evans NY is the store online. You'll be paying a solid $350 for those.

You can't go wrong with a pair of oxfords. It's a good shoe. Pic related is my runner up choice. That's an oxblood whole cut shoe. Whole cut is also a very sharp look. I recommend again having a half break in the trousers rather than this no break look in pic related.

What size are you OP? I have a pair of Navy Common Projects Derbys you might be interested in

>Implying $350 is a lot....
I thought they'd be more along the lines of pic related. The coloration is just beautiful on those Paull Evans

I love those wingtips. If you're spending 1k plus on shoes though, you better not be wearing some cheap suit. Paul Evans is my favorite shoe brand. Perfect mix of high end and affordable. The most I've ever spent on shoes is $700 and that was even a little much for me.

Thanks for the heads up on Paul Evans. I think I am going to buy a pair of their sneakers.

I wish their bit loafers didn't have that fleur de lis in the middle. I didn't even look at their sneakers until you said something. The high tops are all they have?

C H E L S E A
H
E
K
S
E
A

BOOTS >SHOES

Trust me op, they last longer, comfier and sleeker looking.

If you aren't yet still in high school I'll eat the elastic band off my underwear.

these are llbean

If you are buying shoes because of their color, go for Carmina or Carlos Santos (pic related)

>i like zig zags in my pants

If these are your only pair then please just get them in black instead of oxblood or anything. Black is by far the most versatile colour for serious ocassions

That coloration is not even that good...

Hijacking this thread.

I study IT. Oxfords seem to much, especially because I will most likely only wear them to job interviews and nothing more.
Anyone here who has an idea on a nice adult shoe that's in between a sneaker and an oxford shoe?
I'm 22 and I only own sneakers baka desu

No break is fine if it's not Thom Browne -tier and you're wearing socks.

Longwing wingtips.

get yourself a pair of bit loafers, my man. loafers are coming back in a big way and many offices are cool with men wearing loafers again if you want something a little more casual, but still nice looking. gucci makes god tier horsebit loafers.