This is Reddit's male fashion subreddit's minimal wardrobe guide. Thoughts?

This is Reddit's male fashion subreddit's minimal wardrobe guide. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

the-rosenrot.com/2013/08/defining-minimalism-in-fashion.html
the-rosenrot.com/2013/09/defining-minimalism-in-fashion-part-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

literally cuckcore

>common cucks
well, who would have known?

B A S I C
A
S
I
C

has reddit written all over it

i'm glad they found their style

>>color

this is basically Veeky Forums in 2013

>light top
>black skinny jeans
>cp's

This.

Just looks outdated as shit. Reddit has no innovation or style. They're always late to trends and just blatantly copy what people did years ago. It takes no skill to be a useless hack.

what is good minimal clothing, Veeky Forums?

>this is basically my wardrobe
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

reeks of depression

If you're just starting out and all the pieces fit well this is great

Come on Veeky Forums

literally same can be said for Veeky Forums
i dont think Veeky Forums has been ahead of the curve on a single style that has been somewhat innovative or good.

this argument is put forth literally everyday xx is gay Veeky Forums is good!! no Veeky Forums is gay didnt come up with xxx!

all in all whats popular here now? SLP ? thats literally facebook article sharing normie tier.
what else is popular? chelseas? yea for the past 100 years.

the style chart up there does look good. its just boring, and safe, and if it doesnt fit right, or is on a skinnyfat middle aged man it'll look out of place.
and it doesnt have much organility, but it is "fashionable" and normos will like it untill the goober mentions the price tag on the retail A.P.C crew neck hes wearing with the second hand acnes he got on grailed.

good except for that blue bomber and the overcoat.

It's fine. I trust their advice more because it's not just a circle jerk of teenagers, as on Veeky Forums.

This. Learning the basics and being able to tell what goes good with what goes a long way. If you can work it into something that looks nice, then that's an achievement right there. This is especially true when going for minimalism.

It's better than trying to hop on trends and focus on brands when the result will be garbage that clashes with each other because you focused on getting individual items you perceive as "fashionable" instead of making your wardrobe work into something fashionable.

You wouldn't have said this if the CP's weren't included.

dont see a reason for why this "guide" even has to be made

You would be surprised at the amount of retards who cannot think for themselves and figure out clean simple basic outfits...

...Oh wait we are on Veeky Forums. So you shouldn't be.

>basic bitch simple clothes are minimalism
stop this meme right now

This t b h. Veeky Forums shits all over any sort of 'beginners advice' automatically

Explain what's wrong with "basic", "simple" clothing and how it doesn't pertain to minimalism.

I'll write your post off as bait otherwise.

Veeky Forums invented goth ninja and made the vaporwave style blow up

Contributed to it, yes, but it wasn't done single-handedly.

What does this have to do with the thread anyway?

I'm a newfag would you be so kind and show me what's vaporwave style? (I know the music)
>inb4 lurk more

rosenrot did a good job of explaining it
the-rosenrot.com/2013/08/defining-minimalism-in-fashion.html
the-rosenrot.com/2013/09/defining-minimalism-in-fashion-part-2.html

just basic advice, it is for a subreddit called malefashionadvice, dont expect it to be too amazing

It was done collectively by Veeky Forums (gothninja and vapor) , but ruined elsewhere. I mean vaporwave itself was made by a guy on /mu/ but was overplayed elsewhere.

Its basically dressing like a 90s text book cover in the simplest form. Check /w/ and/wg/ for vaporwave threads and imagine it as a shirt

> vaporwave itself was made by a guy on /mu/
I'm pretty sure daniel lopatin doesnt browse mu. also, like every fucking thing ever, one guy didn't just "make vaporwave". Also, gothninja has always been more of a SuFu or zeitgeist thing, and if it may have started here id certainly say it wasnt ruined on the other forums.

People are looking to validate that Veeky Forums is THE place to be for fashion advice. MFA is basic beyond belief but Veeky Forums isn't some savior of fashion and a good chunk of the posters are acne ridden losers that just want to vent their frustrations when they probably wear old navy tier stuff.

So cavempt styled shirts and what kind of pants?

>like every fucking thing ever, one guy didn't just "make vaporwave"

It looks as if somebody went into their local mall and looked at people with minimalist aesthetics then found a common denominator which is this guide

I still want that striped t shirt

There's nothing wrong with that. It's not trying to be next level, it just looks good.

this.

you silly homos are too defensive about looking special and unique

>It looks as if somebody went into their local mall and looked at people with minimalist aesthetics then found a common denominator which is this guide

honestly a pretty good idea if you don't have much to spend and are just starting out

fuck the cps tho and get something cheaper

The pinacle for its success was floral shoppe which was made by some guy on /mu/. Also everyone on that bandcamp page that has floral shoppe is actually the same guy. Im not talking about goth ninja being ruined, im talking about vaporwave being ruined.

Its a mystery

you do understand that this was huge on mfa all the way back to 2011 right, and sf even before that
get out, newfag

Veeky Forums is so fucking far behind on everything

Veeky Forums is outdated even compared to reddit, hate to break it to you senpai senpai

If someone wore these pieces and they actually fit well they would look better than the majority of people on here trying and failing to pull of Rick or SLP or techwear on here. People should develop a style they like and that suits them, not just reject everything that's "boring" or not the newest trend.

>Vaporwave was made by a guy on /my/

Holy fuck newfag.

Are cps not cool anymore because I can finally afford them L m a o

Floral shoppe wasn't made by some guy on /mu/ either, you fucking newfag.

I mean, technically she was a guy before, but she isn't now, so you're wrong.

And she's a regular artist, dont think she browses mu

cps are always cool faggot

/mu/ made vaporwave a big thing. the same thing happened with Death Grips, who I don't think would have got so insanely huge in internet circles if /mu/ didn't make them into a meme.

Well people here like to laugh at them but at least they can educate people to look at least decent, if a little bland. Veeky Forums on the other hand encourages you to understand what makes a fit look good and finding your own style by seeking out inspo and lurking more.
I think Veeky Forums's endeavour is in the end much more helpful for someone to wants to be stylish, not just acceptable.
The tuxbell introduction is really good compared to the stickies of other boards here, and IMO it could be made even better.

I just got done reading the first article.

I think the idea of minimalist fashion and a minimalist wardrobe are two different concepts. These articles are regarding minimalism in terms of design and construction, instead of minimalism in terms of a wardrobe and how every item works together as a whole.

However, I found that all of the points in the article that claim to define minimalism in design are also applied in the concept of a minimalist wardrobe

>Impersonal Austerity
You could argue that "rigorous destructivism" and "non-emotitive design" can be found regarding the absence of theme of a minimalist wardrobe. You won't find items that cater to a specific function or style (as "goth-ninja" and "thrift-core" have specific items like an all black hoodie or an old windbreaker that pertain to a theme).

>Anti-figurative forms
Items that are found in a minimalist wardrobe can typically be applied to both genders. Take the chart in the OP for example. Most of the items don't hold a specific distinction in that sense.

>Democratic/Accesible
I think a minimalist wardrobe can be accessible in that it focuses on incorporating items that are timeless and widely used in other styles. However, in a "what you see is what you get" way as the article uses, there's still no distinct style or motive being used.

So in conclusion, a minimalist wardrobe and minimalist fashion design both use minimalism in it's definitive sense, but they're two different concepts in their own right and don't necessarily associate with one another.

Jewelwave
Palewave

>Acne (overpriced, but their jeans are great)
>APC
>Our Legacy
>Norse Projects
>Margaret Howell
>Sunspel

This. If you do this style with well-fitting and quality pieces, you will look better than most people and normies will also think you look good. It's obviously nothing too far out and you won't be a fashion killa, but that's also kind of the point.

I agree that the "uniform" approach of that infographic isnt ideal, but it's definitely better that someone start out with those pieces (all of which are fairly versatile and affordable for beginners) than just dive right in to buying a bunch of hypebeast shit that will be a meme in 6 months or a bunch of expensive runway fashion they have no idea how to wear.

The sticky could be improved I think, it's a little dated, but I agree it's good. My issue is with the mentality of some people here, which isn't "develop your own style" but spamming "cuck" or "mfa" any time someone wears something they don't personally like.

what the fuck's with these blurry images, how hard is it to find a high-res photo of a white t-shirt