>Recent Cops
>Advice
>Materials
>Experiences
>Lenses / Optics

...all welcome here...

Just keep it civil.

Other urls found in this thread:

eyebuydirect.com/prescription-glasses/acetate-eyeglasses-prism-warm-tortoise-p-15893?rflkt=men
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll sum up the thread right now:

>circle frames

Done.

GOAT brands: Oliver Peoples and Garrett Leight.

Summing up a non-existant thread.
>pro

Non always easy to find outside of US

Veeky Forums?

no/yes?

Because I already fucking know, it's how every glasses thread has gone for a year now. Circle meme frames.

i'd still rather that than the constant unending stream of wayfarers and rectangles of the last decade

that being said, i do somewhat agree. i'm going to post a few pairs of angular glasses that i like.

I ordered these today.
>magnetic clip-on sunshades

What are some Veeky Forums frames for each type of face ?

I just buy these because easy

And only like $375 a pair so p cheap

which is odd, because angular frames work with more faces than round ones 2bh, unless everyone on Veeky Forums was a squarish head

>only
h-hold me famm...

I need new sunglasses, but I have a problem: my head is fucking massive, and it's hard to find glasses that I can't outright see around (which kinda defeats the purpose). I tried on a pair of 62mm lens 18mm bridge glasses, but the idea of paying some italian kike 200 dollars for a few pieces of plastic left a sour taste in my mouth.

What options do I have for something fairly inexpensive?

cop?

>Thick frames
>Circle frames

Fucking disgusting, I wish this trend would die already

yes!

Are rimless glasses Veeky Forums?

Personally always had something for Tom Ford interpretations of round-ish frames. Especially the accents.

Like the model. Not fully round, but also with an angular component. Colour also nice.
Would definitely wear.
>Pic related.

Want to see this on a 'regular' person's face.
So angular, your face must be a literal circle.

Aviator inspired. Oversized as hell.
Nobody's face is wide and deep enough for something like this.
>When 'oversized' becomes unreasonable.
Extreme readhead colour.

Have seen these in the wild before. Never really properly implemented. Boring from colour standpoint.

>Persol
Luxottica-tier
>literally restamped RayBans.

Rarely see something this boring. Even by mainstream standards. Even colour wise.
You apparently don't have really bad eyesight that you need them all the time (looking at lensing).
Some people do and for them their eyewear is the most important 'assessory' on their body. Can change entire facial perception.
>make it count.

Always liked transparent in theory.
Need to be white af to pull it off though.
>no latino
>no asian
>no arab
Hope you are.
>if not
Don't even consider

TOM FORD
OLIVER PEOPLES
AM EYEWEAR

what? Im white(xtremely) and I feel like the only people that can pull off transparent/light frames are people of color

Sorry. Asians can pull off about anything.

For actually coloured people (ie black, indian, etc.)
Just don't really feel it.
Welcome to post some good examples.

Imo frames should somewhat emulate the hair colour.

See? Besides the dude who posted angular frames out of pity, I was right .

I don't understand why they are so popular. Most of the time they do not suit the faces that I see them on. Everyone here wants so badly to be individual and such, but then go copying the latest fad.

Never said that this this thread would not contain circle/round/oval frames. They are indeed popular around these parts.
You said:
>sum up
when there was nothing to sum up. I digress.

>half of the ones you quoted were not even round/oval, mate.
Check your geometry.

I understand your point. And apart from them striking me personally as more refined than their Wayfarer counterparts, there are not many more shapes you could legitimately use.

Follow this line of thought:
>want something different
>no oval/round
>gets triangular glasses for example
>does not work
>goes back to rectangular
>goal of wsnting smth. different not achieved

There are not many other shapes, so people go round.
Also i agree that completely round can look overly dorky. That is why i advocate the round/square hybrid.

I had a teacher who wore glasses like that. He was an old pedophile and his wife, also a teacher, was 40 years younger than him. He always winked at the guys in the room, stared at the girls wearing skirts. He gave marks according to your ethnicity and gender. A white hetero guy had

I want to get them but I'm not sure if they only work on girls

Got some similar to this yesterday. /fa?

Round frames fits Mark well

On men, these are pedophile/creep glasses.

Yeah I know but they look so good on girls though, I also feel like if you have the right face you could maybe pull them off

Yeah, I'd say they only look decent on girls and if you have a face like Kendall's.

I look kinda like Luka Sabbat, if that helps

Well, then you probably won't look like a pedohile. Go try them on at a store and see if you like them on you.

Very 80s. My dad used to wear glasses like that.

Personally quite like them. But also very dependent on face size. Too big and they will dominate the entire face.

Watch out for lense thickness on these things...

i wanna wear glasses but my eyes are completely fine. i know this sounds retarded but for some reason my face looks much better with glasses

I wasn't sure whether to put this in fuccboi General or here. Can you guys tell me my face shape and recommend me glasses that would look good.

Vision is fucked and I've been wearing thin small lenses for the last two years and I need a new pair.

you can wear glasses purely for the aesthetic.. you dont have to have an eye problem just get normal lenses

>Need to be white af to pull it off though

What?

The girl in that picture looks like Amira Ahmed (an African and Asian mixed model). Are you trying to show how Asian people look good in them or how black/darker people don't pull it off well?

>angular frames work with more faces than round ones
You have that backwards, m8

Sure you can do what this user says...just don't tell anyone or get caught with them.

Just my opinion.
Always think that frame colour should match skin tone to a certain degree.

Then again. If you want to try it out, more power to you.

Just need to watch out for the lense thickness. Always wanted to try some transparents, but my lenses were to visible in them (similar to rimless).

What glasses are these?

>nobody mentioning kuboraum
best eyewear manufacturer period

Fix astigmatism

I need them to read and have my eyes focus on distant objects since one eye is weaker than the other.

So I wear them daily

Transparents are done. It's already dead, you'll regret it.

they'll only look like pedophile glasses if you are one

transparents will never be "done"
just like raw denim will never be "done"
it's not just some cheap trend

Wearing glasses daily is not identical to wearing them constantly.
Should you need them only for reading and driving, I wonder why you spent $375 on very generic frames.

To people who wear their glasses constantly (only taking them of for sleep), glasses become an integral part of once face. This gets more extreme with worse eyesight, as it also modifies the perceived eyesize in proportion to every other aspect of the face.
>Make it special
>In my case, i had people not recognise me without my glasses.

Generic, off-the-shelf glasses.
Rather spent money on the best lenses my optician had.

I never really believed in eyewear brands desu. Quality wise they are mostly similar (its hard to screw up an Acetate frame) and in case of most design they are similar/average people cannot tell.

Think that these are derived from some Tom Ford-ish design, with less interesting texturing and detailing. Picked them for their square-oval fusion, an imo very interesting shape. Also liked the highly subtle turtoise, which can only be seen under certain light.

>pic related
>my next pair will probably be Tom Ford

Does that apply to sunglasses as well?

Do round glasses look good on any face shape?. I have stem fag rectangle glasses currently but looking to upgrade.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated

No, they don't, but people keep wearing them anyways because it's the latest meme fad.

Hell they don't!
Round and Oval faceshapes cannot wear them.

A lot harder to pull off than rectangular. If you have lived with STEM glasses up to this point, take it slow and move to rectangular first.

Why the hate?

to be honest they go with nearly any face shape and are typically quite tasteful but fags on here love their cheap 2008 looking wireframe rectangle fag glasses

>frame colour
>transparent frames
This is how I know all your opinions are retarded.

W2c?

I admit that my reasoning was obviously flawed.
Media bias i suppose.

But if all my opnions are now bullshit, try to refute the fact that clear frames shouldn't be used with thick lenses.

Bought it at some shit tier optician in my city. No name brand but im poor anyways so whatever

lol

where would I cop thin wire aviator glasses frames to put in optical lenses like these? I really want this style for my next academic year at University

EBAY Just look up clear aviators

>Need to be white af to pull it off though.
no lmao. they look best on tan skin

is right

the most iconic person in transparent frames is toro y moi

the contrast with his skin and glasses is perfect
they look like lab goggles on white people.

I have other style but most are just classic Menswear shapes since I'm in a suit 5/7 a day

Just got my eye test done today and ordered new glasses
Got a pair from some company called Studio Optyx
Never heard of em but they looked nice. The frames were $245
Should be here in a week or two they said

Probably not the right thread but anyone have any advice on what these are called? Look like Oakley's but can't find them. Help is appreciated.

picked these folding wayfarers up the other week for $free when my optical insurance was about to run out. how'd I do? nothing else really fit my nose right but they feel a little tight against my ears.

I have brown plastic polarized lenses from the optometrist and the glass b15 lenses that came with them, which should I use?

wraparound sunglasses

w2c andy morin glasses

are my glasses Veeky Forums?
i have contacts but i keep these with me just in case

go away

you dont tell me what to do

This is now fridge general

Please drop trip

Have you seen my trip though? It's like fucking one in a billion, I should sell it to somebody

So people get those randomly?
Like do you guys just keep putting in random shit until you find something you like?

These are mine

r8

basically what said about >Rarely see something this boring. Even by mainstream standards. Even colour wise.
also the logo on the side and the red accent is hella tacky

I feel like I need new glasses. What would work with my face?

Pretty versatile face as far as I can tell, but with kind of a high hairline. I recommend something a little understated. Maybe some frames vaguely in the shape of these. either wire or plastic, your choice.

Having a red accent is my trademark, I've had it since I first started wearing glasses 20 years ago and kept it

Oh my you're qt :)

nice blog post atleast post a pic of them

where did your lips go? yikes. also grow your hair out. you have other problems to worry about besides glasses bud.

I don't have them yet
Tried lookem them up but couldn't find them

Just got these, what do you think ?

Posted this in fuccboi general but didn't get much feedback so reposting here.

Need some new glasses but don't want to spend more than $150 as I normally wear contacts.

I was thinking of getting these but not sure how a round frame would look on me.
eyebuydirect.com/prescription-glasses/acetate-eyeglasses-prism-warm-tortoise-p-15893?rflkt=men
Is eyebuydirect shit quality for the price or decent?
Didnt find anything on warby parker I loved but i'm really looking for any suggestions.
Thanks in advance and sorry for shit lighting.

>tfw oval face shape
could i ever pull these off without my face looking extra wide

Memecore / cuckwave / redditish / numale af

sick and tired of people discounting every single pair of glasses with this dumbass remark
at least come up with something clever. "glasses are for numales lol" doesn't add anything to the conversation.

What shape of glasses should I get for my oval-shaped head?

i have two pairs of glasses from eyebuydirect and i can attest to their quality - its satisfactory. basically you get what you pay for. id say quality wise 7/10 pretty good..i have the standford and fitzgerald glasses. also yeah you could pull off those round frames nicely with your face shape, the key is just not to buy glasses that arent the shape of your face, seeing that you have long non round edged face itll work

Cop? I have a oval face with a fairly weak jaw but not too bad

Any recs for a white guy with a really long pointy face?

Really appreciate the advice man. Thanks.

I've had to send off my Persol glasses because the nose piece broke right off, at first the people I bought it off said my 24 month warranty wouldn't cover it, since they spouted bullshit I went straight to Persol and they're going to send over a new pair when they come in, 12 weeks.. so i'm stuck with my old black rims til then