Turk here

Turk here
Educate me on the proud Empire of my people.

The empire that didn't conquer any nation of relevance.

*click* *click* *hissssss*

>Look at all the ...nothing... that we conquered!

>Turk

You beat the Greeks and let it rot in your hands. Still lasted really long regardless I suppose.

we conquered the eastern roman empire which was literally the centre of the world back then

such a glorious empire surely left anything worthy in the world other than the desolation of more than a dozen failed states

lol no it wasn't

I really hope you're a memer just making your memes boy. The Empire was already dead by time the Turks took it.

Roach Empire started declining when they ran out of Christian lands to loot and the Christians started sailing around the world to get their own goods from Asia.

John Green here, I believe you meant to name that image "list_of_european_achievements.png"

I mean the region occupied by the eastern roman empire was the centre of the world back then.

So a bunch of countries that the Ottomans beat the shit out of call them "cruel"? No shit, they were crushed by the Turks. All I see is a bunch of losing nations whining, and that the Turks like to smoke. As bad as they were, the Ottomans were a powerful and fierce empire for hundreds of years.

t. roach

they barely touched half of the nations listed there, and the rest managed to beat them to shreds

No, no. and even if it was your point sounded more like conquering the Eastern Roman Empire is an impressive accomplishment, and it was an accomplishment, but not really impressive.

German here. "getürkt" = fake referes to a chess playing machine that had the shape of a turk.

well, Ottoman Empire was the strongers power in the world back then.
Sounds pretty impressive to me, to be honest

>Armenia, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, Serbia, Tunisia

All conquered by Ottomans.

>Iran, Russia

Beat by the Ottomans in wars several times, and remained a major rival to both for centuries.

>Italy, Germany, Norway

The first two didn't even fucking exist. And Norway was too busy being subjugated and oppressed by the Danes and Swedes.

That leaves Netherlands, Malta, and India that the Ottomans never directly dealt with.

So out of those 12 that existed or mattered, 6 were conquered, 2 were beaten and constantly concerned about the Ottomans, and 3 were not directly effected by the Ottomans.

Ottomans were a major power for a long time, deal with it. Any valid criticisms of them are merely whining without acknowledment of that fact.

Are ypu sure it dpesn't refer to your country's most popular website, GETÜRKT.com?

The were a major power until the 1680s and then they started getting their asses kicked.

A few hundred years isn't that long of a time when you compare it to the roman empire, the persian empire, or china.

Delusional turkroach is delusional.

They liked to bum kids

Ottomans were powerful but lets face it Russia did btfo the Ottomans so many times, they would have even taken Istanbul if not for the eternal Anglo

They were relevant for a longer period of time than USA or the British Empire.
Plus, they were a suprizingly tolerant state for their time, letting their christian subjects practice their culture and religion in peace

How was it possible for a nation to be big as long as Turkey and still not invent anything of note apart from Yogurt and Cigarettes?
Was it because they banned the printing press for Muslim subjects or?

The ottoman "empire" was the only nation beaten on a regular basis by russia.
impressive innit?

I actually like the Ottoman Empire, I dont know why they get so much hate here.

Relevant is not the same thing as major power.

>>a longer period of time than USA
America will be relevant for the next 500 years easily, simply due to the spread of the english language it caused through the exportation of cultural products.

>centre of the world
They were literally being colonized by city states and slavs at the time. They had been a political backwater since the turn of the century.

Why did the Ottomans spend so much time conquering Europe?

You mean like the French, Swedish, Persians, and Poles, who were also routinely fucked up by Russia?

They actually had strong and politically unified opposition eastward, and they went as far as technologically viable to the south.

>French
>Routinely fucked up by Russia
The only time they met apart from the Crimean war (Three empires dog-piling on one) they met only during the Napoleon wars.
And even if we count it as an entire war and ignore those that Russia lost against Napoleon, that was like one time.

>Eastern
>Roman
>Empire

>Malta that the Ottomans never directly dealt with

are you fucking retarded?

You're proud heritage is pure cancer, your religion is cancer, you took over the only people in that side of the world with any culture. You started the Armenian genocide and got fucked in ww1, the only thing you have been good for is corruption, rape, murder and a terrible religion

One of the few good things the Ottomans did was kill plenty of Armenians. A disgusting people.

Sweden m8

Armenians are far better than Turkroaches

kill yourself roach

Joke's on you, they won the genocide

>the proud Empire of my people.

you mean the roach infestation?

>I actually like the Ottoman Empire, I dont know why they get so much hate here.
Because they're Muslim and they conquered muh Constantinople. Obviously /pol/ autists will bitch and moan about them.

>Proud
>Empire
>People

It was in the east. The Byzantines were legally Romans. It had a centralised government under an emperor.

Now the Holy Roman Empire.

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

>America will be relevant for the next 500 years easily, simply due to the spread of the english language
Yeah, the spread of the English language still helps Britain to remain relevant, lol

it sounds like you are really emotionally invested into that topic.
We are on a history board here, can't we discuss history objectivly, and for a moment, leaving all butthurt aside, just admire how Ottomans manage to create such a large empire?

Conquered expanses of empty desert
Used gunpowder to bring down mud huts
Adopted Islam as means to control the local arab elders
Inherited a decaying Byzantine Empire and squandered every bit of it
Paid pirates, corsairs in North Africa to raid and collect ransoms
Bloody transitions of power
Strange system of capturing and enslaving boys
"Tolerance" by collecting ransoms from religious minorities.
No regular education system until 1840, meaning most of the population was illiterate
No to little railroads built, which is why most of the middle east today do not use rail

Lmao the Byzantine empire was a shell of itself by the time the Turks started fucking them

not true, the Ottomans took down the Byzantine Empire at its full power, one step at a time.
Of course, immediatelly before they conquered Constantinopel, Byzantine Empire was pretty much done for

>Lastly, I could show fight on natural selection having done and doing more for the progress of civilization than you seem inclined to admit. Remember what risk the nations of Europe ran, not so many centuries ago of being overwhelmed by the Turks, and how ridiculous such an idea now is! The more civilised so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date, what an endless number of the lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world.
—Charles Darwin
>I never disliked a Chinaman as I do these degraded Turks and Arabs, and when Russia is ready to war with them again, I hope England and France will not find it good breeding or good judgment to interfere. ”
—Mark Twain, 1869
>I wish fervently that the Turkish barbarians be chased away immediately out of the country [Greece] of Xenophon, Socrates, Plato, Sophocles and Euripides. If we wanted, it could be done soon but seven crusades of superstition have been undertaken and a crusade of honour will never take place. We know almost no city built by them; they let decay the most beautiful establishments of Antiquity, they reign over ruins. ”
—Voltaire (1694–1778)

>Turkey
>not white

What is this supposed to prove?
That many of the great Western minds had an European bias?

Turks =/= Turkic people

Turks = a mixture of Arabs, Greeks, Armenians and Gypsies

I thought they're just Anatolians.

Looks Pashtun

>Turk
>proud history
please fuck off

my ancestors build one of the most powerful empires known to man
why shouldnt i be proud?

Same reason white countries aren't allowed to

who says that?
I am all for people appreciating the deeds of their ancestors

That even some of the most intelligent minds in history reviled the Eternal Turk.

>as black as a Turk

WE

>most powerful empire known to man
if barren desserts and an army that gets there ass handed to them on a regular bias and resorting to genocide when it started crumbling mean your strong

>constantinople
>greece
>egypt
>the levant
>mesopotamia

Literally the center of the world. The most wealthy and important area in existence before turks and islam ruined it.

Here's a picture of the Byzantine Empire at the Ottoman state's genesis. Tell me if it looks like it was at "full power".

are you calling eastern roman empire barren desert?

>The most wealthy
India?
>and important area
Italy, China?

*Portuguese
The Iberians Cucked the region and the Silk Road hard

Islam did the damage before the Turks arrived, if anything the Turks reversed some of the damage by their extensive use of Greek administrators.

It was even smaller than that actually. The balkan states were completely fractured when osman started conquering.

No, no and no.

even the brightest minds of western culture where products of their time, and couldn't help but to see the world through their eurocentric view

Cyprus is fucking Greek

What wikipedia page is this from?

wat?
greece was part of ottoman empire

Mate, that's just your Turkic-centric view talking.

Ottoman Empire is a continuation of Seljuk Empire who conquered all Anatolia and Armenia from Byzantines.

>as bad as Europeans when it comes to colonialism
>no one ever mentions it because they were brown

>implying Europeans are the only ones who hate Turkroachs
You are hated everywhere you go Mehmet, even Americans use your people's name in a derogatory fashion.

I have a pretty eurocentric view aswell, friend
It just pains me to see that many europeans cant see past their shadow and recognize the greatness of Ottoman empire

Depending on how you define relevance, Britain arguably still is.

Nevertheless, Britain never had anything at all like the sort of cultural exports the US has now.

The turks occupy the rightful land of the empire of Caesar Augustus and they should be forcefully removed from it swiftly and irrevocably.

American here, can confirm. I genuinely wish Turkey didn't exist.

Success breeds jealousy. Stay triggered, friend.

>>Turkey
>>success
lol no. Your country is currently degenerating into islamist shithole #13422934

>muh /pol/

Jesus Christ you people who bring up /pol/ are just as bad as the people you constantly bitch about

Yup after anatolia was divided into petty fiefs ruled by warlords due to civil war and poor management who just accepted turkish rule or got toppled because they didn't have the power to resist

>people who bring up /pol/ are just as bad as the people you constantly bitch about
Do you also hate the sticky?

>>muh sticky.
That thing has done jack and shit to prevent this place from being /pol/ with dates. Besides, the nationalists and racists can actually discuss things on occasion even they can only do so poorly. The legions of proselytizing assclowns that descend on any given religion thread in order to convert people aren't actually discussing a single fucking thing and are likely incapable of said discussion. The sticky does all of jack and shit to stop them.

How does it feel knowing that Russian troops will rape your women

why would russians do such a thing?
turks and russians are good friends

Didn't the ottoman empire's existence justify the need for an emperor who united the kings of Europe?

Without the ottoman empire forcing unity, Europe could have devolved into infighting which would have delayed the renaissance.

With the ottomans charting out one of the earliest maps of the south and north american east coasts in 1513 it boggles my mind why they didn't consider setting up shop over there. I mean, they already had what the Eruopeans sought which was direct trade of Indian goods. Though, at least were no nobles in Turkey tempted by the tales of Eldorado? Were there no muslims who were keen on proletizing islam to the natives? What happened.

What i mean is Seljuk achivements are as Turkish achivements as Ottoman achivements.

Yes, that was the state Anatolia was in when the seljuks conquered it
again the byzantine empire was hardly at its full power at any point when it faced the turks that's what I was getting at

The only empire with 50 years of prosperity and 400 years of decadence

They were more interested in their own backyard at the time.

>getürkt
>get t*rkt