I posted this on /pol/ initially

I posted this on /pol/ initially
I used to be an atheist. After I became redpilled, I became Catholic. I love the history of Catholicism. The doctrines make sense in a biblical and historical context. I would get fed up with the popes cuckoldry and go experiment with secular philosophy and once even some /fringe/ stuff, but I always come back to Catholicism because it has the most answers, it feels safe, and it is well established. Now, I am getting to a point where I am doubting again. The Church is getting weak, the pope is getting cuckier, and even my own Church's leaders are getting more liberal. My priest will just say stuff like "just keep doing what your doing" for my penance, after I tell him my sins. Catholics don't have an identity anymore, many people in the Church don't think twice about the Church before engaging in degeneracy. I have been instructed by my priest not to look towards secular philosophers, he said a lot of that stuff was "poison", but I need some sort of guidance. I cannot go to protestantism, I just don't believe in protestantism, nor orthodoxy. I look at so many intelligent figures, like leaders of the third Reich, and many of them were not religious, though they realized the good of organized religion. Still, I find it hard to leave the Church, half because when I read Catholic books like The Lord of the Rings and look into the history of Europe, I feel as though I would be leaving that all behind by leaving the institution that made it all possible. The other half is that, even though I may not have full faith anymore, I still fear Hell, and if Catholicism is true, I don't want to abandon Jesus Christ, I don't want to abandon God. What is Veeky Forums's opinion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSfRcc-e5SY
cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law
wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/pope-francis-shocked-by-gay-adoption-urges-bishop-to-speak-against-it-boldly/
independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2013/06/03/pope-francis-is-under-attack-for-saying-that-outside-the-church-there-is-no-salvation-its-a-poke-in-the-eye-says-one-presbyterian-why-hes-wrong/
huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html
ncronline.org/blogs/francis-chronicles/pope-francis-gender-theory-problem-not-solution
lifenews.com/2015/09/23/pope-francis-on-abortions-innocent-victims-its-wrong-to-look-the-other-way-or-remain-silent/
businessinsider.com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8
catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-off-the-cuff-to-priests-religious-indifference-makes-god-vomit-69700/
christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-times-pope-francis-was-misquoted-132679/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/11729834/Pope-rebukes-Bolivias-President-Evo-Morales-for-gift-of-crucifix-mounted-on-hammer-and-sickle.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BWsgxCVYtAI
protestanterrors.com/
scripturecatholic.com/salvation.html
scripturecatholic.com/justification.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
youtube.com/watch?v=xL2Hyve-kwg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc
desustorage.org/his/thread/1096484/#1098039
catholic.com/magazine/articles/the-mass-is-profoundly-biblical
companionscross.org/sites/default/files/The Mass in Scripture.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I'm LARPing as a Catholic
Reminder that Pope Francis did nothing wrong

>I used to be an atheist. After I became redpilled, I became Catholic

how does that happen exactly? did you find some miracilous proof of god that no one sees?

>I have been instructed by my priest not to look towards secular philosophers, he said a lot of that stuff was "poison",
What kind of awful Priest would tell you that.

>The Church is getting weak, the pope is getting cuckier,
There is literally nothing Pope Francis has said that isn't in line with Catholic Dogma.

It's a parody, for Pete's sake.

This is a big ruse, right OP?

>after I became redpilled

Do you not see how obvious this sounds?

Sadly it isn't. As I said, I wrote this on /pol/ first.

Maybe you should eat shit.

How is this a parody? Explain.

>I cannot go to protestantism

I have tried protestantism. It leaves me feeling empty, and the Catholic Church just seems more credible in my opinion. I still have respect for many protestants, and I understand its origins.

>respecting protestants
You are no Catholic.

It's a parody of /pol/ Catholics, who are to Christianity was National of Islam is to Islam

You can tell it's a parody because no Catholic priest is going to tell someone to stop reading secular philosophy, the RCC has been absolutely entranced with secular philosophy since the Middle Ages, especially Aristotle.

Have you noticed how many Veeky Forums "Catholics" are in fact sedevacantists, which are de facto protestants?

Furthermore most of them resemble W40k LARPers more than they do actual Christians, they know more about fucking Crusades than about the Bible.

>It's a parody of /pol/ Catholics, who are to Christianity was National of Islam is to Islam
You mean an idiot who's jerking off to the crusades?
>RCC
Just say Catholic. It's easier for everyone.

This isn't a parody senpai. Seriously, I want some guidance. My priest literally told me that the stuff I was reading was "poisonous" when I told him I read "The Art of living" and was also reading Nietzsche and Marcus Aurellius. I know about the history of the Church with philosophy but you would be suprised at the ignorance of many of the clergy.

Read some St. Augustine

Yes, and this is a parody of that.

No Catholic priest is going to call those poisonous. Nietzsche wasn't even ever put on the index (which Sartre was).

>Seriously, I want some guidance.
Then go read Thomas Aquinas, stop going on /pol/, join in on the massvie fist fight that's called the protestant-Catholic fight.

OP is basically saying that he's been a Catholic for ~18 months and is pretty sure that all these lifelong professional Catholics are doing their Catholicking all wrong. He was expecting more sick burns on fags and degenerates and less love and forgiveness etc (as if based Jesus had any time for that shit).

Putting it like that, how is it NOT a parody?

What I want to know is, if I leave Catholicism, I will be leaving Christianity. Is this a good idea or no? Does Veeky Forums believe the Catholic Church to be legitimate or no?

I really want to fap right now as well. It is hard to be in a religion where fapping can send you to hell.

You know, allowing religious discussion on this board was a mistake. Between this thread and the other threads full of christian autists this whole fucking topic just cannot be discussed on here unless preaching is an outright bannable offense.

>Does Veeky Forums believe the Catholic Church to be legitimate or no?
It's the only legitimate Church.
You know, having redditors making a colony on /pol/ was a huge mistake and now you got a good portion of /pol/ who just wants to have a conversation about religion pushed out by faggot redditors.

SSPX is the way.

youtube.com/watch?v=wSfRcc-e5SY

>SSPX
>a fucking p r o t e s t a n t worshiping a pope

Are you sure you even have faith?

>literal larpers
If I wanted to go with schismatic larpers I would go to the Orthodox but to me, if Christianity is true, the Catholic church would be the only true Church.

No, I guess not. I may have faith, I may not. I just don't want to go to hell. But I also want to be able to at least fap once and a while

Then fap you faggot.

But fapping is a mortal sin and I still don't know whether or not to believe in Catholicism.

So? You'll still be forgiven.

That doesn't make sense. If I know it is wrong in the Church but still do it that would be a mortal sin and if I don't go to confession I will go to hell according to the Church, so i need to know whether or not catholicism true.

It's the True Church, go fucking ask your priest to be forgiven user I'm not a fucking priest are you trying to piss people off?

First of all about the Pope:

Pope says gay marriage is from satan
cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law
Pope Francis speaks against Gay adoption
wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/pope-francis-shocked-by-gay-adoption-urges-bishop-to-speak-against-it-boldly/
Compares trans rights to nuclear arms race
independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
Pope Francis says that there's no salvation outside the Church
catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2013/06/03/pope-francis-is-under-attack-for-saying-that-outside-the-church-there-is-no-salvation-its-a-poke-in-the-eye-says-one-presbyterian-why-hes-wrong/
He excommunicates an Australian priest supporting gay marriage and women clergy
huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html
Pope Francis is against gender theory and for traditional gender roles
ncronline.org/blogs/francis-chronicles/pope-francis-gender-theory-problem-not-solution
Pope is against abortion
lifenews.com/2015/09/23/pope-francis-on-abortions-innocent-victims-its-wrong-to-look-the-other-way-or-remain-silent/
He Encourages the use of force against ISIS
businessinsider.com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8
Pope Francis is against lukewarm "faith"
catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-off-the-cuff-to-priests-religious-indifference-makes-god-vomit-69700/
The Pope is misquoted often
christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-times-pope-francis-was-misquoted-132679/
The Pope Rebukes Communist Cross
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/11729834/Pope-rebukes-Bolivias-President-Evo-Morales-for-gift-of-crucifix-mounted-on-hammer-and-sickle.html

You should read "introduction to Christianity" by Joseph Ratzinger (a.k.a. Pope Benedict XVI), an amazing book. It is of the hightest theological degree, and if you are looking for "intellectual" answers to the faith you'll find plenty there

>posted on Stopped reading right there

.I have never once posted on reddit. I've been on Veeky Forums since 2007. Nice try, faggot.

No you idiot, I'm talking about the faggot redditors that are making camp on /pol/ because of the elections right now.

>being sedevacantist
>being ''Catholic''
Is it my fault if the antipope says that ''God cannot do all things''?

youtube.com/watch?v=BWsgxCVYtAI

>actually worshiping a dead pope
Eat shit cultist.

>I have tried protestantism. It leaves me feeling empty
>I still have respect for many protestants, and I understand its origins
Crawl back to /pol/ you pseudo-Catholic pseudo-Christian.

protestanterrors.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
youtube.com/watch?v=xL2Hyve-kwg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_4RFoknrwc

>popes are worshipped
hurr

Except that Roman Church was never able to prove any of the reformers wrong by use of scripture.

Except the Roman Church kept God's word away from people.

Dogma based on nothing from the Bible, Papal Authority, nothing from the Bible. Every dark stain on Christianity is from the Roman Church.

>let pagans join
>let them keep their heretical practices
>idolatry
>prays to mary and saints
>asks priests to pardon their sins
>confesses to priests, and not to God

>directly against God law and what Jesus said

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Have fun with your pagan mish mosh that violates Gods Law.

>Except that Roman Church was never able to prove any of the reformers wrong by use of scripture.
See IT'S TIME TO STOP

>What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

>But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

James 2:14-26

>a fucking dead pope
You are no Catholic, eat shit swine.
>Except the Roman Church kept God's word away from people.
Or maybe, just fucking maybe, the people wanted to survive.

Meh, even if this is true you're not going to be able to go back to the old days where /pol/ was the christian board or whatever.

>be le Pope

>If you give us GOLD you will get into Heaven

This is coming from the "infallible church", you know, the one that fucked up so bad and now everyone hates Christianity because of it.

All that's needed.

>confession is not in the Bible
IT'S TIME TO STOP

>Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
James 5:16

>Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:10

>Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.
John 20:21-23

You also break the commandments so I don't care.

Have fun pretending that your particular interpretation of an inherently subjective belief system is the correct one.

Seriously now, christards are at their dumbest when they're flinging shit at each other.

?

BTFO

>breaks commandments

Protestants are HERETICS

So then ignore the fuckers that want to discuss religion then.

As the head of the Roman Catholic Church, the pope is often called the “Holy Father” and the “Vicar of Christ”—names and roles that only apply to God. He claims the ability to speak ex cathedra, exercising Godlike infallibility to add to and augment Scripture (Revelation 22:18). He wields unbiblical, unholy authority over his followers, usurping the headship of Christ and perverting the work of the Holy Spirit.

>It's a LARP thread

Eh, if you can't beat em join em

BRAISE JEEBUS

>the projector with the hard on for babylon

No?

*tips fedora*

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

>whosoever believeth

Matthew 16:25

Whosoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, but whosoever loses their life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge , ye shall be judged : and with what measure ye mete , it shall be measured to you again .

Did you copy and paste this from gotquestions.org you silly proddy?

>names and roles that only apply to God
Only God is holy by His very essence; however, by a person, place, or thing’s association with God, it too can be called holy. To be called holy is to express the idea of consecration, that someone or something belongs to God. That is why the Bible can call many persons, places, and things holy.

In Genesis 28:16, the place God appears is "holy." In Exodus 19:6, God tells the Israelites through Moses, "and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation." God’s dwelling place in the Tabernacle is "holy" (Ex 28:43), as is the city of Jerusalem (Is 48:2). Even a goat, the victim of sacrifice to God, is called "holy" in Leviticus 10:17.

After Christ’s death and resurrection the Christians called themselves and each other "holy ones" or "saints," called by God to be his (Rom 1:7). In 1 Peter 1:16 we read, "it is written, ‘You shall be holy, for I am holy.’"

Since we are His holy people, and His people are the Church, it is fitting that the head of His holy people be called Holy Father—not because of his own merit, but because Christ died for him and for the Church that he leads on earth.

Buzz off kiddo.

How is telling the faggot that this isn't a larping thread related to a fedora you piece of shit?

Says Revelation 22:18

IT'S TIME TO STOP

The Holy Father and Vicar of Christ, learn to read, or if you did read, learn to not strawman.

Keep breaking those commandments though.

*tips fedora*

I'm sure you feel enlightened

>said the literal fedoralord shitposting

Don't think so.

It's time you actually read your Bible. There is a reason both Orthodox and Protestants despise the Catholic Church.

>GIVE US YOUR GOLD AND YOU WILL GET INTO HEAVEN

>IDOLS

>PRAYING TO ANYONE BUT JESUS

How do you like those pagan rituals though? You know, those things which aren't in the BIBLE.

This is you right?
desustorage.org/his/thread/1096484/#1098039
>Assurance of eternal salvation, yes. I sleep like a baby.

Reminder:
>And so, my dear friends, just as you have always obeyed, not only when I was with you but even more now that I am absent, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2:12

See and stop shitposting.

weak bait, also, the "Orthodox" hate you proddies more than us Catholics, they know very well that your denominations are not even worth a piece of turd, and when they criticize us it's merely out of jealousy because they aren't actually the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

why fear hell nigger yo broke ass livin in dat shit

>I sleep like a baby
top heresy

Tell me where in the Bible it says to pray to Mary.

Tell me where it talks about the Mass.

Tell me where it says it is okay to have idols.

I'll wait.

What? The people who come here to preach prevent any and all fair handed conversation of any given religion.

Yes yes, your version of spiderman can beat up the other guys version, you're so special for believing in your version of him.

Luke 1:48 - Mary prophesies that all generations shall call her blessed, as Catholics do in the "Hail Mary" prayer. What Protestant churches have existed in all generations (none), and how many of them call Mary blessed with special prayers and devotions?

Gal. 4:4 - God sent His Son, born of a woman, to redeem us. Mary is the woman with the redeemer. By calling Mary co-redemptrix, we are simply calling Mary "the woman with the redeemer." This is because "co" is from the Latin word "cum" which means "with." Therefore, "co-redemptrix" means "woman with the redeemer." Mary had a unique but subordinate role to Jesus in salvation.

Eph. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:2 - the word "saints" (in Hebrew "qaddiysh") means "holy" ones. So Mary is called Holy, the greatest Saint of all.

Luke 2:35 - Simeon prophesies that a sword would also pierce Mary's soul. Mary thus plays a very important role in our redemption. While Jesus' suffering was all that we needed for redemption, God desired Mary to participate on a subordinate level in her Son's suffering, just as he allows us to participate through our own sufferings.

Luke 2:19,51 - Mary kept in mind all these things as she pondered them in her heart. Catholics remember this by devoting themselves to Mary's Immaculate Heart and all the treasures and wisdom and knowledge contained therein.

>The people who come here to preach prevent any and all fair handed conversation of any given religion.
Then fight, you fucking pansy.

When you do that they flood the thread with copypasta. We have here a dedicated group of shitposters that the mods won't do shit about.

Then maybe you should keep your whore mouth shut until you think of something better.

Tell me where in the bible it says I need to show everything in the bible?
"Profitable" doesn't cut it

>Mass
Read: catholic.com/magazine/articles/the-mass-is-profoundly-biblical

>idols
Stale meme.

That's a retarded picture tbqh
Nobody wrote spiderman intending it to be anything more than a fictional story
The bible is a collection of books. Some poetry, some a saga, some biographies, law books, etc.

this

>Nobody wrote spiderman intending it to be anything more than a fictional story

so if they did intend something else it would become real?

He's saying that it's not meant to be treated like a history book you dipshit.

It's not a perfect comparison and it isn't intended to be. The point of my post is that this sort of infighting is both stupid and never going to convince either the participants or outsiders such as myself of anything.

Oh look, the bible got copied a bunch when the roman government was taken over by christians, how surprising.

Also: companionscross.org/sites/default/files/The Mass in Scripture.pdf

What is the something better exactly? Spammers need banning. That's the only solution to people who endlessly copypaste stuff into threads when people disagree with them.

So posting fucking proof is bad? You asked for proof and you got it. You know what the definition of insanity is? It's to do the same thing and expecting to see a different result.

That's not the Bible.

Anything that isn't in the Bible is not part of Gods word.

None of those say to pray to Mary, sorry, all of your bull shit dogma won't save you.

The bible isn't the Qu'ran you dolt.

who gives a shit about what it was meant to be? if spiderman was wrote the same way as the bible was then it wouldnt become real

>That's not the Bible.
It is.
companionscross.org/sites/default/files/The Mass in Scripture.pdf

>None of those say to pray to Mary
Bait?

Keep pretending to be retarded.

What proof is there of any thing in this thread or any other? All I see is endless copypaste spam of nonsense and bible quotes. There isn't any proof of the supernatural claims in the bible and odds are there never will be. The only thing that these threads do is cause lots of shitposting and trolling.

This is why preaching needs to be a bannable offense.

keep avoiding the question

The christians on this board don't need to pretend for the most part.

>All I see is endless copypaste spam of nonsense and bible quotes. There isn't any proof of the supernatural claims in the bible and odds are there never will be. The only thing that these threads do is cause lots of shitposting and trolling.
What country you from?

xD