General techwear thread

Sup Veeky Forums
Ive been looking into techwear a bit
Most companies who offer this kind of clothing style are asian or expensive as hell
I'm looking for cheap techwear companies
Alternatives or styles that are simular to techwear are also very welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

dressed-down.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

where the hell i cop trousers like these

What do you call inexpensive ?

start with basics before getting the crazier pieces if you're new to techwear, you can't wear this stuff with anything that says "cotton" on the tag.

good cheap techwear basics:
uniqlo airism - tee's, underwear
fiveultimate - shorts
darn tough - socks
icebreaker - merino tees, merino leggings, hoodies
patagonia - houdini windbreaker

prAna - pants, shorts
outlier - pants, shorts

>Most companies who offer this kind of clothing style are asian
uhh most are canadian/american...

Adding in Isaora & Maharishi (the latter also more military if thats your thing)

nylon tapered joggers/track pants are another techwear staple you can find all day long at any thrift store
same with merino wool sweaters, i cop at least one a week for $nothing at the thrift store.

really the only stuff that's hard to find are tech silhouetted/long shirts, shoes and outerwear.

Patagonia got nice cheap shells and fleeces
for more athletic wear nike has nice stuff
levis commuter and makers and riders are also quite inexpensive for pants

dressed-down.com is not so popular here but it's a good start

if you live near an REI store levis commuter regularly makes it to the bargain bin, i copped a few pants and jackets for $10 each last year. pretty decent pieces too.

rei revelcloud hoodie, and the north face thermoball are great cheap babby's first tech puffies too.

US army surplus polartec fleece jackets (pit zips!!!!!)

Gorka & similar milsurp stuff can be good, i like the pants a lot.

us milsurp bdu pants are good.

if you do the military type stuff just avoid doing a military cosplay. mix it up with other pieces, don't make that your whole fit.

sorry I keep multiposting, I'm just posting stuff as it comes to me.

you can find nice pieces on sierratradingpost too if you know what to look for, and you can usually stack coupon codes to get like 60% off. works best for larger sizes.
$40 marmot precip rain jackets, sign me up?

rei garage sales are a goldmine for dirt cheap techwear too, especially the one they do in january because it gets all the unworn "bought my hubby the wrong color/size" xmas returns. brand new soloman boots for $50? brand new dead bird hardshell for $100? no brainer. clothing cops can be very hit or miss but one thing you can rely on is that there will be effay techwear backpacks for $nothing.

Around 150

shoes aren't really hard either, the consensus is most high quality running shoes work fine. unless you mean hard to find cheap/thrifted

i meant cheap since that's what op's asking about. most good runners available in effay colorways are gonna be at the upper end of what OP considers cheap.

cheapish shoe reco's: tubulars with primeknit or mesh uppers, adizero, pure boost, new balance 420 mesh.
cheap shoe reco's: last year's whatever running shoe $50 tops

fuck me I live in France ;_;

its fucking hot lads
how do i summer techwear??

Have a look at chrome and rapha for shorts, probably as good a place as any to start

>rapha
tops - merino,linen,arism shirt
outerwear - any waterproof windbreaker
bottom - rapha or athletic brands shorts
shoes - runners, slip ons or jungle boots if you like the milsurp look

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or helping out, sorry user

mm any european techwear companies? I have weird ass legs and i would like to get some techweary jeans/chino type pants that are good for cycling.

Its just i dont want to pay 45 extra to send it back to tha usa

Peak performance could be worth a look

the ">rapha" is not intended I copy-pasted the company name in my browser and it somehow appeared in my post

Fair enough, mind you I still can't make up my mind about rapha, it looks pretty good but some of it just looks to preppy to me maybe it's just the rolled edge on the shorts , I don't know

I have a bag from Rapha. The quality of materials and construction is very nice. The clothes in their retail store all looked like generic cyclist stuff so I didn't bother checking it out but I'd guess it is well made at least.

Good to know it's quality stuff, cheers user

You are more effay than most of the people in the techwear thread my mans

For outerwear I think over shirts could be a good option, you can get them with some weather resistance but you don't sweat as much in them compared to windbreakers

nigerian techwear, best techwear

Why is every single damn techwear thread now ~~how 2 get the look for le$$~~ and no actual discussion of either garments as objects or this stuff as culture?

That's actually pretty sick.

Because most people who want to get into techwear do it for the look
most of techwear enthusiasts on Veeky Forums dont run/bike/hike/camp and live in easy climates

techwear is popular in asia because they need it

Probably because there isn't that much being released in this style at the moment, that and the growing number of people who think joggers are techwear when they aren't

I can see this being the truth, I cycle a lot and have found techwear to be great, just wish more companies had stockists the UK

same, I hated techwear until I studied in japan, when a typhoon comes by you start to get the difference between weather proof and water repellent

maybe it's also more justified in the UK or really rainy areas

I think you can justify some it anywhere, it just depends on how far you want to stretch the definition of techwear. For example, merino clothing is brilliant it just is, and really you could wear that anywhere outside the tropics (where you'd probably want linen instead). Then there is the whole thing of bike commuters, may as well have clothes that both perform and look good and really why is that too much to ask. I mean you want to look good and why should that mean not having clothes that perform and are comfortable too

It's because we have an entire board for that, /out/?

Assumptions my man
>not asian
>inclement weather
>hike, backpack, trailrun
grinning all day long while my peers are soaking wet in their little cotton costumes, good thing seasonal depression is effay!

I wasn't talking about you in particular I was just saying that most people who like techwear don't actually need it but do it for the look

There's this dull line that techwear is just about dealing with the climate. You could be in bland indoor climate control ADED and still enjoy and benefit from anatomic patterning, thoughtful pocketing, etc. etc.

I don't know where this association of techwear with Asia came from, either.

>Probably because there isn't that much being released in this style at the moment

This board entirely passed over maybe the best drop Outlier has ever had without a word.

/out/ doesn't talk about culture, and really if you're on /out/ talking about the handfeel of different softshell fabrics you're doing it wrong.

Nobody "needs" this stuff, but no one needs good coffee, either. Drinking good coffee for the fucking latte art instead of the taste would be asinine.

how is pic related techwear? because he has a face mask?
its literally h&m cargos, a black cotton hoodie, a black cap and some crepe sole boots
hate the tryhard staged pose too pretending to be candid

my fellow poster.
you see, this is the monthly /Cheap Techwear/ thread.

>tfw trying to be techwear on a budget

ya failed but its good to experiment.

I just went for a stroll in huge downpour, had some waterproof boots and pants and boy it felt so good to lord over nature in perfect dryness. The pants I was wearing wear older rain pants I use more for camping, and they didn't fit so well with my boots and where just a bit too baggy. What are some relatively inexpensive, fully waterproof joggers?

dont think they make any. you could get some waterproof pants from a surplus store then taper them somehow. or get a pair of cheap black joggers and apply your own waterproofing spray to them

how did i fail

Techwear's a real gray area, a garment can be techwear for its materials, construction/functional design, or both.

I do hikercore and occasionally the gothninja thing but my favorite tech garments are ones that look like normal casual fits. Stealth-tech. Like outlier and stuff.

post hikercore please famalam

anyone know similar items to op's pic outfit?

none of the pieces are techwear and none work together or even fit you. start over

W2c pants?

This. Tired of seeing this pic posted as techwear.

this is not tech in any way, shape or form
drop trip and brush your teeth profligate

Basically sports brands with logo are not "techwear"

This should go at the start of every techwear thread

your conception of techwear is as jumbled as the headphone cable. also, shit tier waifu

this fit was posted years ago on sufu, and he was wearing, IIRC, adidas ransom boots/julius gas mask cargos/and some hoodie (probably rick).

the individual pieces themselves aren't techy, but the sum of the parts together give off the appearance of the techvibe ninjas aim for.

its streetwear not techwear. no part is techwear and the sum is not techwear
looks shit anyways

So what is techwear? Sounds like you're just wearing stuff made for hikers, exercise, or military personnel. ie utilitarian clothing with moisture wicking or insulating fabric. So wouldn't the pic kinda count?

no
it's about a specific look and style. check out the techwear subforum on superfuture for actual discussion and pieces.

Deus ex/cyberpunk? That's something I'm good with.

once again, im sorry that i cant afford high fashion designer clothing but im only 18 and was not born into a ridiculously wealthy family...
im trying to make do with what i have

nigga its not about the price, literally just look at any of the images posted in any techwear thread other than this one
tech isn't just 'rainproof anything', it's got to have at least some degree of a milsurp and/or utilitarian look to it

mix military surplus with black discount sportswear that doesnt have much branding. thats the cheapest u will get into the look

Wrong, theres plenty of techwear looks that look nothing like this. There's literally boat loads of techwear business casual lines for instance. Stealthtech is also a look; half of my techwear fits look exactly like normal fits if you don't pay close attention to the details.

I don't have too many hikercore s/s fits, it's mostly a look I do for fall/winter. Not about to put on an inclement weather fit on a 98 degree day to take fit pics for the internet. Closest I do in s/s would be an airism tee with prana/outlier shorts and knit upper running shoes, nothing really visually interesting so much as "i want to be comfortable when its over 100deg out"