Inb4 this faggot ordered from Brother's Cut

> Inb4 this faggot ordered from Brother's Cut

I'm pretty new to this and had no idea what I was getting. I have two of these, one in white and one in brown. They're uncomfortable, the material is shit, I can only wear them with the sleeves pushed up to my elbows, and I constantly have to use a pill shaver to keep them looking decent.

That being said, out of everything I own, those two jackets have elicited more compliments than anything else. I don't have the money to order 400+ dollar designer jackets, but maybe you anons can direct me towards something in a similar style that isn't shit-tier, even if it's just a brand or retailer.

> 6' 2"
> 158 lbs
> Tall and skinny athletic build

Other urls found in this thread:

effortlessgent.com/leather-jacket-buying-guide/
cosstores.com/us
tres-bien.com/
man.totokaelo.com
suspensionpoint.ca/
ln-cc.com/en/
darklandsberlin.com/home/
youtube.com/watch?v=SmucWOLnAb4
le21eme.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>158lbs
>skinny

lmao

And here you didn't think I was coming from Veeky Forums so I wouldn't have a picture ready

post a photo of you wearing it

what's your budget?
zara makes cheap shit like that. h&m does too in slightly higher quality.

don't spend any less than $500 on a leather jacket new. you can find used options in your budget but I'm not going to tell you any names.

also it's pretty tasteless trash. are you sure you're not a hick getting hick compliments?

Wew ignore the shit-tier lighting in my room. Also the mark on the left pocket that doesn't exist in real life. And the fucking sweats.

If the clothing is good quality and legitimately looks good on me, I'm willing to go for a few hundred. I'll save up if I need to.

I might be a hick getting hick compliments, I don't know man. They were genuine, but they might have a shit eye for fashion too, what do I know. I've got a good eye for aesthetics, but I'm garbage-tier when it comes to fashion. Which is why I'm here.

don't care about jacket, post hair

what the hell were u thinking

>Good eye for aesthetics

Not even the stock photos are looking Good. I think you might have played too much Assassin's Creed.

Someone Post this infographic about this Trash brands

K

Just got out of the shower, isn't styled or straightened.

My inner jew saw two jackets for 18 bucks each and couldn't resist.

I like the side-zip, reminds me of Cliff Secord's Jacket in The Rocketeer. But without literally any of the quality. But I wasn't kidding when I said I had a god-awful eye for fashion WHY DO YOU THINK I AM HERE

I love your hair.

I'd personally recommend keeping your face clean shaven, but that's just my preference.

I own the same jacket in grey a while back and never wore it out for fear of looking autistic, but I have to say, it looks pretty good on you.

what the fuck made you think this was a good idea when you saw the stock photo

JEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

nobody on the board can give you fashion sense, man
you kinda have to figure that out for yourself
but check picture-heavy inspo threads (and completely fucking avoid waywt) to get started
eventually you'll find a pattern in what kind of clothes you like, and you can start buying clothes

Aw, thank you, on both counts. I try to go for a light stubble - I feel like I have a bit too much of a baby-face when it's completely shaved, but I'm probably due for a closer trim at least.

"My inner jew saw two jackets for 18 bucks each and couldn't resist."

That's the problem, man, I see individual clothing pieces and I think "Oh that element looks cool" or "I like that color" without seeing any sort of big picture or having an outfit in mind. I like things that look unique, I like hoods and light jackets I can wear in warm weather, but past that I have no fucking idea.

I saw this in the sticky. Which is why I'm asking if there are non shit-tier version of unique clothing like this that won't cost me my first born.

OP you're model height. you should get into fashion, at a basic sense, because clothes are designed for your frame so you'll be naturally better than most.

follow this advice just lurk, you'll learn the basic and mid-range stores to look.

here's a guide on leather jackets
effortlessgent.com/leather-jacket-buying-guide/
which your jacket's shape is grotesquely trying to imitating

low end:
cosstores.com/us

mid range:
tres-bien.com/
man.totokaelo.com

high end:
suspensionpoint.ca/
ln-cc.com/en/
darklandsberlin.com/home/

Last is closest to the OP style, but expensive and hardest to pull off.

Oh, good deal, that's confidence inspiring. I've been lurking between here and Veeky Forums quite a lot recently, so I suppose I'll just try to soak up what I can and go from there. Thanks for the link, mate. That seems like a pretty good jumping off point.

so then slow it down
put together a brand list that you like, ask stupid questions in fuccboi general, and don't feel bad for making a[nother] mistake cuz it's a slow process to develop your style....and it'll continually evolve

assymetrical hoodies aren't hard to find; but there isn't much middle ground between complete dogshit quality and a ludicrous thousand dollar hoodie from VFILES

Thanks mate, I'll save this. Cursory glance shows a lot of interesting stuff to look at.

No doubt, I'll start to see if I can compile some brands with a style I like, in my price range. And yeah, in my limited experience, I noticed that about assymetrical clothing, which is what attracted me to Brothers Cut in the first place. It seems impossible to find shit like this outside of high-end designer catalogs. But I'm also pretty fresh, so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

I'd just recommend you not worry about prices if you're just lurking; I love having a wish l list of 400-1200 dollar jackets/bags/boots in case some money falls into my hands lol
cuz it's happened a few times

>I don't have the money to order 400+ dollar designer jackets, but maybe you anons can direct me towards something in a similar style that isn't shit-tier
That's the catch. Those designer jackets cost that because the only way to make them look that way is through the construction and the materials.

Also who are you impressing with this shit to get you compliments? I suggest looking at different jackets. Go conservative and find one that fits instead of high-fashion.

That's a fair point. Doesn't hurt to have a few on the wish list. I suppose I'm just anxious to own some more clothes that look nice, since I hardly own any.

Fug. Also, I'm at the very low-end of middle class, most of my friends are in the same boat or just middle-class. Most of us have never had any experience with designer clothes, so I think that even the fact that it's trying to emulate high-fashion makes it stand out. The only other thing I wear that gets compliments is a double-breasted peacoat that actually /is/ designer, because my rich ex-girlfriend got it for me.

There are tricks to buying expensive stuff cheap
but you have to know what you want first

>I suppose I'm just anxious to own some more clothes that look nice, since I hardly own any

Check Uniqlo. It's like Target for Japan. Same price range as H&M, but much higher quality for the price. The style is more preppy casual, but it's good for filling out your warddrobe with nice, reliable basics, a lot of people rely on it here for that purpose

They're socks are especially nice

& this. most lines can be found on sale heavily between seasons. APC, for example, goes flat 50% on their own site's webshop

the resell market is also really great depending on the brand. Buttonups that retailed for $500+ can be found for $100 with hardly any wear. The market is a lot like cars, where it immediately drops in value as soon as its driven off the lot

Lurk and you will learn

I have learned more about fashion in the last 20 minutes than I have in the 23 years I've been alive. Fuck.

>I've got a good eye for aesthetics
10/10, atleast you tried

my grandpa once told me something like poverty is only poverty of information or poverty of the mind or something. just basically, investing in time to do research/learn pays off

>non shit-tier version of unique clothing like this that won't cost me my first born
Find a tailor.

You pay for what you get, otherwise, continue shopping at Old Navy.

the ideal of the image you saw is shit. even if the material were good, it would still look like some gaudy piece of cosplay garbage. grow the fuck up and start wearing normal clothes.

so this
is what most of the board consists of, user

not normal dialogue

If only trying was enough to make these jackets not garbage.

Yeah, that makes sense. Like I said, that's why I'm here to begin with.

Are you saying I should get clothing then take it to a tailor to get it fitted properly, or what? I don't know what you mean.

No

>They were genuine, but they might have a shit eye for fashion too, what do I know.
bingo

this isnt Veeky Forums "lel no rick owens so basic". This is cringe-worthy bad by normie standards.

I'm no english major, but I'm pretty sure the standards of my normie friends are literally the exact definition of normie standards. user pls.

Return that shit nigga omg

terrible as fuck

>Fug. Also, I'm at the very low-end of middle class, most of my friends are in the same boat or just middle-class. Most of us have never had any experience with designer clothes, so I think that even the fact that it's trying to emulate high-fashion makes it stand out. The only other thing I wear that gets compliments is a double-breasted peacoat that actually /is/ designer, because my rich ex-girlfriend got it for me.
So you're impressing shlubs in hoodies that are easy to impress because they don't know shit that isn't a hoodie.

There isn't anything wrong with this just consider it before you take your ass. creed hoodie to a snooty dinner party.

Oh man, don't get me wrong, I personally don't mind the jacket, but I don't think of it as high-class in the slightest. I mostly wear it as outerwear on my way to the gym or hockey. I may not have fashion sense, but I have the sense to not do something as dumb as wear it to a classy event, haha

>on my way to gym or hockey
explains the hair

youtube.com/watch?v=SmucWOLnAb4

You look like youre cosplaying

>I've got a good eye for aesthetics
>Posts the ugliest piece of clothing that money can buy in 2016

>>Veeky Forums

yup looks about right.

the jacket sucks, yeah, but it's cheap, so there's not much of a loss
now this shit is 115 bucks

I'm cosplaying a guy who doesn't know shit about fashion, glad to know I'm pulling it off seamlessly

>didn't read the rest of the sentence saying "but I'm garbage tier when it comes to fashion"

Seems about right, lmao

>>WHY DO YOU THINK I AM HERE

Do you go to other boards and demand they fix you?
Exactly.

Ayyy yeah I started lifting and playing hockey two months ago. Before that it was mostly sprints and shit so I was cosplaying a skeleton.

Just asking for advice, friend. I heard you guys like talking about fashion. You don't /have/ to post in the thread, eh?

It literally says in the sticky not to buy this

Which would have been helpful if I had been browsing Veeky Forums and had been interested in fashion when I bought these two years ago.

LOL HOW ARE PEOPLE STILL FALLING FOR BLACK MANNEQUIN CLOTHING? STUFF DOESN'T EVEN LOOK GOOD MOST OF IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT FROM VIDEO GAMES NO REAL PERSON WOULD WEAR THIS, BOY THIS AIN'T WATCH DOGS

>trying this hard to justify your shitty purchase
how are you this attatched to this pile of shit? just set it on fire and move on, jesus christ

He probably browsers V and thinks looking like a videogame character is fly. Also white was probably the worst choice to get colorwise

>Mention how bad of a piece of clothing it is in the OP
>Mention several times that it was cheap and I have no eye for fashion
>"HOW COULD YOU BUY THIS!?"

Stevie Wonder/10 for reading comprehension, mate. Did you miss the part where I asked if people had suggestions for clothing that wasn't shit?

I don't know much about fashion, but white makes my pale as shit skin look slightly better, and it goes well with my other sportswear. Legitimately 60% of the clothing I own is gym and activewear. Honest question though, why do you think white is a bad color choice? I'm pretty new to this.

this is practically shitty i would pee on this

>white makes my pale as shit skin look slightly better

Lol no it doesn't it makes it worst it only exaggerates your paleness, it's like putting white next to off white.

I think that whole jacket is a bad choice but most white coats are a no no, white wool just doesn't look good at the end of the day. Seriously what you bought looks so cheap and ugly, it doesn't look like anything any self respecting person would wear it looks like it came out of a store bought ninja costume.

>The whole jacket is a bad choice
We're on the same page.

>Exaggerates you paleness
Are you referring to the pictures I posted, or just in general? Because I've noticed I have never looked more tan (aside from when I've actually tanned) than when I'm wearing something bright white. If you're referring to the picture, the lighting in my room is absolutely atrocious, I was pointing a lamp or five over towards my mirror.

Should have ordered one of these famalam

That's dope as hell, where can I get one?

My best advice is too look for inspiration in everything
Veeky Forums is a pretty good place for this, because it isn't as mainstream as sites like instagram. Check the inspo threads on Veeky Forums, if you want a high-end version of the cosplay shit you're wearing, then Veeky Forums is the perfect place.
Also get a tumblr and start following nice blogs, the tumblr general on Veeky Forums is a nice place for this.

Also try to get inspired by other things than clothes. You can also get inspired by the shapes and colours of a painting you like, or any piece of art for that matter.

If you want to look good, you need to get a basic idea of trends. Look at high-end fashion runways and streetstyle from fashion weeks

BUT the most important thing is that you take inspiration from these things, and don't just copy them.

sorry for this unstructured mess of a blog post

lol m8, stop posting and lurk
you have no taste at all sorry to tell you

Any good militaria page, I recommend Gavin since theyve got the option to be made to measure

Cheers, thanks mate. That was very informative, don't apologize. I didn't even think about the fact that trends would be important to get to know.

No need to be sorry, I know I have no taste, shit man that's why I 'm asking for advice.

Thanks mate, I'll check it out.

desu that looks like fucking shit, but it sounds like you have the confidence to pull it off, just not the fashion knowledge.
Try to look at streetstyles where people are wearing pieces you like, and then notice how they make it work in their outfit.

You can wear a 3000$ leather jacket and still make it look shit by wearing it with cheap ill-fitting jeans and shitty sneakers

>i'm new!! ;))) please spoonfeed me information :))) xD
lurk more you fucking idiot
or better yet go back to the subreddit you came from

Man, does it really? Fuuuuuck. But that's good advice, as one of my big problems is I like individual pieces but have no fucking idea how to get them to work in an outfit.

My newfag is showing, but what is a streetstyle? Google isn't very helpful

youre not going to get advice in one single thread, this shit takes time
i was absolutely clueless when i started here and most of the shit i did when i first started, and for a long time after i cringe back on
eventually youll get to a stage when you no longer need to rely on the opinions of people on here and can think for yourself and dont need any meme shit like palewave to seem fashionable
lurk until you get to that point
even better read magazines, videos, fashion reviews, books etc

>Unironically wanting to wear nazi shit

Hey man no doubt. I didn't expect to go from clueless to expert overnight. Just looking for a jumping off point, and I got that and some. Legitimately, for all the flak you guys get over on Veeky Forums, this has been extraordinarily helpful. I'm gonna continue to lurk and sift through all the links that were suggested to me so I can start figuring out a style for myself that isn't dogshit.

No

It's my German blood, I can't help it. It's an uncontrollable impulse, like my unnatural attraction to sauerkraut, and the urge to annex Poland.

I'm convinced he's fucking with us at this point

Hahaha, it's true. I can't believe you guys fell for it!

This fuckin' guy

>Thinks I'm trolling
Surprise bitch I'm just that inept at fashion

>German blood

You are no real German, no German person is this stupid and cringy

t. German

>It's my German blood, I can't help it. It's an uncontrollable impulse, like my unnatural attraction to sauerkraut, and the urge to annex Poland.

Dear lord.

You say that, but my entire family on my dad's side was either Wermacht, Luftwaffe, or SS.

The secret ingredient to my autismo is that I was raised in the US.

t. German raised in California

>probably never lived in Germany
>probably can't speak German
>may have slight German roots somewhere

>I'm German hehe so special. I wear Assassins Creed clothes so Abstergo might pick me to explore my grandfathers Nazi experiences in the Animus

>My 1/32 German heritage makes me a natural edgelord

>Ask for fashion advice
>Get grilled on my race

Fuck did I end up /pol/?

>Glossing over the weeb shit in your post

Half of these wouldn't look anywhere near as horrible if the guys wearing them weren't skeleton mode or fat.

Untermensch detektiert

You are not getting grilled for your race. Who the fuck says they are german if they cannot even speak the language, let alone lived there?

You are getting grilled because all your posts scream edgy teenager

a streetstyle is just taking a picture of someones outfit basically
le21eme.com/
this blog is pretty renowned and also does a lot of shooting backstage at fashion shows.
it might seem all seem a bit outlandish at first, but just focus on what you like, and look for more like it.

also if you're heading into high-fashion, it's really easy to get really fucked up perceptions of beauty. So just focus on clothes and dressing how you like so you don't end up like a depressed anorexic

Friend, when have I said one thing that's been edgy? I'm just looking for fashion advice. Both sides of my family are 100% German. I'm 2nd generation immigrant. I'm not as in touch with my culture as I'd like to be, but I'm fuckin busy and don't have time to travel or learn the language, sue me. Relax, eh?

That's kind of what I thought. Basically just what people wear in public, makes sense.

I could see how getting too deep could do that to you, fair enough. I really am just hoping to be a little more intelligent about the way I dress. Since I'm getting Veeky Forums I figured I'd get my Veeky Forums on and just get the whole package. Thanks for the tips, mate.

Bragging about your German blood and how your ancestors were in the SS and Wehrmacht. Good job, but this is nothing to be proud of. No one cares about "blood", and the fact that you think it matters shows that you are 100% American.

half the shit you say just makes you seem cringe. on top of that it doesn't seem like you want to be Veeky Forums just go to reddit for basic fashion advice or shop at h&m

Dyel

Chill fellas, I was just making a joke. I am proud of being German, but fuck if I knew that was a military uniform that user posted. The fact that you guys have nothing better to do than get all bent out of shape about it is pretty fuckin funny though.

I look like a Dyel because it turns out I've been eating at a 1k calorie deficit, fuck me.

That's what an American would say. Seriously though, you are so obviously not German it's not even funny

no one is bent out of shape but you should probably just head to mfa seems better suited for your needs

OP it's nice that you know how to accept crits and to lurk, but you better not be planning to keep the name outside this thread.

>That being said, out of everything I own, those two jackets have elicited more compliments than anything else.

Get better friends

If anyone is complimenting you it is in jest, they are mocking you.These are so gay. Never buy something like this.

literally go to mfa

go in a fucking Inspo thread then faggot.
Don't make shitty threads asking 'how do i dress good'

Just fucking surf the catalog and take it in.