What /cgl/ thinks about fashion

I thought it would be an interesting experience to invite /cgl/ over here to discuss what they think about fashion in comparison to cosplay and their own chosen styles.

Welcome people of /cgl/, tell us a bit about what you think of fashion and what it means to you

Other urls found in this thread:

lolita-tips.tumblr.com/post/103169751213/an-introduction-to-lolita-fashion-for-parents-and
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off weeb degenerate

I hear reddit is accepting normalfags. You should probably go there if you're triggered by 2D.

Your link on /cgl/ seems to be busted, friend.

stick to your containment boards, theres like 10 of them anyway
anime, video games, cosplay and whatever other autist things you do are not fashionable in the slightest

>how to spot a newfag 101

Stop being a whinging cunt.

>unironically using the newfag meme
back to /b/ autist
the amount of time youve spent secluded from society withering your life away on an japanese anime imageboard isnt something to be proud of

a-anyone have the ones of dom /cgl/

This crossboard posting is gonna be some kind of sticky drama mess, I encourage it

faggot ass vanilla weeaboo
go choke on wasabi and blow miyazaki
commit seppuku and hope you reincarnate into radiation-poisoned jap nip pervert hikikomori

Fashion is important, I follow it even though I don't dress fashionably. Well fitted, quality garments are most important, no matter if they are trendy or hideous.
I don't cosplay, cosplay is for weebs. I wear lolita and otome.

I came here to see discussion but I guess I was expecting way too much of either board.

Thanks for trying tho.

Someone posted in CGL. Also it's like 6am US give it sometime shit will pop up, you could help by posting in either.

I don't really cosplay much and I'm much more into j-fashion
Whilst I'm into a pretty gaudy fashion, gyaru, I do keep up to date with trends etc, not really to wear the latest fashion but more to now when shops are going to have things I actually care about in stock

I find Veeky Forumss breed of fashion pretty boring, but personal preference I guess. I have seen some cool stff on here get mixed reception, but I stopped browsing after the 500000th white tshirt and jeans image

>what is reddit
>what is fb
>what is ig
>literally complaining over chinese cartoons on a channel dedicated to chinese cartoons

That must be even more autistic desu.

normie clothes are just boring to me

GO HOME GET THIS SHIT OUT OF HERE

Sorry I have nothing better to contribute, but I'm interested in both threads. But its way too earlier in the morning for other fags to be awake

>so I'll post this gay stuff instead

Initial D is Veeky Forums in any case.

Any one from /cgl/ want to be my gf please please please. ;_; please respond please

I would do anything for qt lolita gf

How much money have you got?

Keked

Lmao m8 prostitutes are cheaper, see
?

I think most seagulls would already have a bf/husband anyways since they are qt

tbqh

I want a nostalgia meme 86 too.

Stop watching anime

I work a lot sewing for cosplay and lolita and unlike my peers I enjoy using some different and exotic fabrics.
I also enjoy high fashion and love to study the patterns in clothing. I like to accumulate pattern studies and books too.

The bad thing is that it is pretty much just waste of money, but getting money out of it (being paid for custom costumes and such) is much easier than making a brand or trying to enter handmade clothing market.

I also happen to live in a third world country, good side is amazing diversity of materials, bad side is people don't value your work.

>tfw no qt /cgl/ gf

>no blouse under jsk
>literally disgusting

>implying i give a shit about your opinion
>implying i care to obtain a better picture to add to the thread

Why does every guy here cream there pants over this shit, I know I'm not the only guy here who doesn't find this attractive?

>implying thats lolita
bitch thats otome as fuck

Not much at all.

guy you replied to.

meh its subjective, i think some mori girls look cute, lolita can be alright too. For me it's just the difference in dressing compared to normal basic outfits everyone else wears. Idk shit about all those cgl terms but some styles look really nice.

welp i guess the cgl janitors didnt appreciate the thread

Then keep dreaming love, your qt lolita gf will never come. Burando doesn't buy itself.

This desu. I'm not a complete gold digger but my husband buys me burando for christmas and my birthday.

I hope I still don't like lolita when I graduate college and start getting money

Well shit, I have enough money to buy my qt gf stuff that frequently tho

That's how I used to give my ex gifts, also I'd randomly buy her vintage sanrio from eBay that reminded me of her

Don't lolita girls like that stuff

I think some girl was taking what i was saying way too personal lol.

She didn't even come back at me, she just sat there and took everything I was saying

Depends on the lolita I guess. There are three main types, classic, goth, and sweet. Sweet would like sanrio and stuff like that.
Classic maybe regular vintage stuff and gothic idk, taxidermy or some shit.

>mfw I dress in sweet

Where do you suggest I meet lolita girls? Where I live, the lolita scene is pretty active, but it'd be weird to try to talk to them while they're all in lolita and stuff, plus I'd prefer not to interfere with their hobby

Don't you guys like eating pastries? Maybe go to the cutest pastry shop in town and wait?

I'd actually prefer if my boyfriend bought me more normal stuff (video games, nice linen, cyte jewelry maybe etc) as gifts so I have more of my own money to spend on brand.

I know better than him what works in my jfashion wardrobe.

online is your best bet, or maybe see if any of them hit up conventions
no lolita really likes getting hit on whilst in lolita in public, they'll assume you're a fetishist
or you could become an ouji and join meets

Eh IDK most girls into cosplay are really ugly imo and have no real personality in my experience. IDK It's weird to be into the idea of a personal who's hobby is about pretending to be other people.

Like for example take the picture of this cosplayer I found. She has a cute face and a thick waist. Thing is even though she's cute in this picture I bet her personality is 60% forced due to who she's playing. And I couldn't deal with someone who's completely contrived yeah she looks cute but she's also playing a character, I'd rather have a girl who is real, with a real personality as well. I feel like this girl in the day time is either bland as fuck or crazy as shit

Yeah be super careful how you go about this because you will be taken for a fetishist. A lot of lolitas wear the fashion specifically so men won't hit on them.

You will probably need to develop an interest in and understanding of lolita/jfash in general so you can approach with the objective of chatting. Then slowly try to develop a relationship from there as you get to know them.

>a real girl with a real personality
You... you do know they aren't in cosplay 24/7 and not everyone even acts in character when they do, right?

Have you taken a look at little berry's cosplay page on FB? You're kind of hitting the mark.

Nah, I completely know what you mean. I'm not talking more cosplayer style though some can be cute whereas as you said, quite alot can be ugly.

Though I mean more jfashion style like mori which is like the only one i know really so far. and like, but I get your point about them not being themselves and yeah they could be crazy and having strange personalities.

>pic not related bc taeyeon

I just buy my own gifts haha. He actually prefers it then trying to figure out what I want

>A lot of lolitas wear the fashion specifically so men won't hit on them.

Honest question, does that actually work? Is it an intimidation thing?

Yeah, I can only imagine how often they get hit on/ ridiculed for wearing it.. Which is exactly why I don't want to interfere while they're doing it

Wouldn't girls find it weird that a straight guy knows so much about lolita?

I think he knows, and is trying to refer to those that are so engrossed in the cosplay that it becomes part of their normal. Like a bad imitation sort of.

>get into ouji
>post at least a quarter decent coord post to CoF
>have thousands of thirsty lolitas all over your dick
>??????
>profit

Yeah but I think it takes a certain kind of blank slate person to get into this hobby.
Yeah I found her cause they were making fun of her in the /cgl/ cringe thread, she's not cringe she seems to be doing cosplay better than most of the girls on /cgl/ I think people just wanted to pick on her cause she's thick.

But yeah she forsure seems like her personality is forced, even as a normal person she doesn't seem super down to earth, just kinda bland. But idk she gives off a cam whore vibe (for lack of a better term) becuase I know that's the kind of guys who like her page, and the couple of cam whores I know are alright but idk. idc really I don't get the weird fixation with cosplayers here but I'd still stick my dick in her gut if given the chance.

Can you explain all of these foreign terminologies please

Wtf is ouji

Those people are widely regarded as cringey and- I can't say they're uncommon-are nowhere near the majority. I'm not seeing the leap partially because I think a cosplay gf would be awesome. I don't cosplay, just wear lolita/j-fashion, but I envy my friends who do. They're amazingly crafty and go on road trips to conventions, that sounds fun as fuck.

I know a lot of guys don't find it particularly attractive, and a lot of folks assume that people who dress weird are nuts. So to an extent I'd say it does work for getting hit on less.

Though I think you do get approached in general more often. So not too well.

That's why I said jfash in general, there are more masculine jfashions (visual kei, male aristo, ouji, etc).

But a man being genuinely interested (which means knowing about the style, knowing some brands, having a favourite substyle/print, knowing "the rules" etc.) isn't odd in my opinion. Maybe in someone else's it is. But I'd vastly prefer talking to a stranger with prior knowledge than one without.

CoF is a daily look posting fb page, kinda like a wayt thread
just google ouji, its essenitally the masculine counter part to lolita

Ouji is an accessory for a lolita. The style is worn by both females and males.
CoF= Closet of Frills on facebook
Everytime a guy posts on there wearing ouji, even if the outfit is not that good, the thirsty ass lolitas are groveling at his dick

Hahah, I was wondering what the name of it was since I saw it on miitomo

What's male aristo? Googling doesn't help, it just shows pics of a car.

God that's so bad, same with Lolita.

I was under the assumption that nymphet fashion was Lolita fashion due to the "Lolita" blogs I followed on tumblr

And I'd like to say that Lolita fashion looks like shit especially compared to nymphet fashion.

Also ouji usually has these kinds of shorts. I'd say user's example above is more aristocrat, a substyle of goth, but anything that would look good next to a girl in lolita is usually just called ouji so w/e. Ouji means prince.

It's obvious, then, that you've done 0 research since lolitas absolutely fucking hate nymphet fashion and being associated with Nabokov's book in any way. And if you're turned on by that pedophile shit get help.

This looks so terrible compared to lolita

Are you sure my avant garde fits won't fit in with lolitas? Surely I won't have to wear that to appeal to cute lolita gulls right?

Male aristocrat, there's an aristo thread on cgl right now but it'll probably be mostly the female version.

give an example and we'll tell you.

It might, but it doesn't really give you that initial "we have something in common (jfashion)" to approach with. You also can't post it in CoF like you can with ouji, or any lolita online groups, so it'll be harder to meet lolitas online too.

Damn I feel like you completely twisted what I said.
I hate it the romanization of the book as well I was just saying I think Lolita is a bit too much, and for the longest time had them confused becuase the wrong assumption. I'm not saying I find either attractive I just find Lolita overkill especially becuase I know some girls do it on a regular basis, I was more or less saying nymphet fashion was the lesser of two evils from a fashion stand point, but dressing like a 14 year old is pretty evil to begin with.

Girls who are into this style of dress are crazy. Especially if they are not asian. White bitches who get into this are losers/fat/ugly/fucked up in some way.

I really wish they didn't delete the companion thread, I'm interested in seeing what they would say about us.

>Especially if they are not asian

ahh yes because everything the glorious nippon does is so perfect

It was just some annoying asshole that doesn't understand their hobby

I personally don't understand people who don't understand other's hobbies either.

We're interested in fashion, which is not very common, and on top of that we're mostly into niche fashion here. That being said, how can you not understand other people's hobbies?

Maybe I have too many hobbies and because of that I'm more open minded about it, oh well

jealous because its true? if you're a white girl who dresses this way, you look like a fucking dumbass weeb.

Again, though, lolita fashion has nothing to do with the book. Lolitas aren't trying to dress like children. Heres's a little history/introduction made for parents because I think that's hilarious it exists but you can also benefit from it: lolita-tips.tumblr.com/post/103169751213/an-introduction-to-lolita-fashion-for-parents-and

Any lolita coords that'd look cute with this suit?

>implying people in Japan don't think Japanese lolitas look like fucking dumbass weebs

Something classic in a matching gray could be nice.

lol I understand their hobby I was trying to rile them up honestly I was trying to get them to come at me, If that makes sense? I love defending my passions and that's what I was trying to get going fake petty arguing. Like "Oh you spend spend $300 on clothes, I spend $300 on clothes as well" Internet fights are childish, but they're entertaining and what else is there to do, plus it would have been nice to have some opinions come out, idk, I feel like whoever I was arguing with took everything way too personally and wasn't detached enough.

Damn, that would look cute as fuck ;_;

>tfw no gf to match with

>ftw your boyfriend only wears tshirts and jeans every day

One day I will coax him into dressing nicer, and one day you will have a qt gf to match with. I believe user.

One day user... One day.. ;_;7

I think Mary Magdalene and Victorian Maiden are the best introduction to lolita for those "weirded out" by it. Veeky Forums might appreciate some non-print dresses, I think Fanny Rosie does it amazingly.

Jfash can be Veeky Forums
something that strikes me as 'normal stuff' styles would be the following;
-otome
-mori kei
-nanchatte
-early larme

That's it tbqh

kekkkkk

Is that linen?

It looks retarded im with u m8

I wear otome brands, various other Japanese brands and obviously normie fashion.

Veeky Forums seems to have a very basic and almost teenage boy aesthetic. I do like to come here now and then because sometimes you find a good thread but generally I find the people here all wear the same uniform and try to wear clothing as a status symbol.

I enjoy seeing people with a unique sense of style instead of just jumping on the bandwagon every time.

Please post some of your work

Veeky Forums reporting in. Went on a date with /cgl/ lolita recently. We matched on tinder and got along pretty well over messaging ect
>pic rel
We went on a date and when we were walking in public (college town) apparently someone made a comment to the extent of "what play are you guys getting back from?" I thought it was funny. She was wearing a tarot card dress thing, it was really poofy and kind of skirt length with gold boots. I was wearing an og helmut lang sleeveless biker with a rick longsleeve layered underneath and rick cargoes with some lowtop waxed canvas shoes. The date went okay, but she kept talking about her ex and making comments like "oh yeah, I fucked a dude in those dorms over there once." So that was a pretty big turn off. Theres more, I can continue if anyone is still interested.

>She was wearing a tarot card dress thing, it was really poofy and kind of skirt length with gold boots. I was wearing an og helmut lang sleeveless biker with a rick longsleeve layered underneath and rick cargoes with some lowtop waxed canvas shoes.
this sounds just like the comics. please continue

Why would you ever go on a date with some girl who dresses in a cartoon character costume? I would have made fun of you guys too

No, it wouldn't. Fuck you OP.

Do you ask /r9k/ to weigh in on your Veeky Forums routine?