Saint Laurent and rocker aesthetic inspo and discussion

Dump your saint laurent aesthetic inspo, discuss slp and similar brands with a rocker aesthetic and post your fits.

Other urls found in this thread:

usuallywhatimdressed.in/opinion/hedi-slimane-saint-laurent/
imgur.com/a/isuwr/all
youtube.com/watch?v=fKA3Ycy5ioI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont particularly like this but it has a strange appeal. What do you guys think?

sorry for bad quality but am I thin enough to pull this off?
>inb4 messy room bc its a friends room

daily reminder hedi is the biggest hack of them all and you are just buying upmarked vintage clothing for people too lazy and uncreative to search for their own
this look he has created is straight out of 70s rockstar photos because he is too much of a hack to come up with something original so instead needs to repopularize an already done, preconcieved style through intense marketing and rebranding too clueless faux-fashionistas
supporting this brand highlights your lack of personality and individuality, these clothes are safe, bland and highly appealing to those who are too afraid to push the boundaries, which is why this stuff is flying off the shelves

Um what youre saying is wrong. Try wearing a pair of wyatts for example and see what normies say. Some of SLP's mens stuff pushes boundries when it comes to 'sexuality' and where it may not be "original" (which a lot of the stuff is) it makes up for in quality and a look so beautiful not many could do the same way. It brings the 70's rocker aesthetic to the modern day through high fashion, revitalizing the style, which I personally love.

terrible
can't see shit

ill try going out today and taking some photos and will post better quality

Anyone know w2c a fake bloodluster tee that would pass as real to everyone but slp experts?

sorry but "hurrr SLP is quality" is bullshit, literally every SL shirt I have has had the buttons come loose within the first wear,

my fw13 wyatts started coming apart at the sole and midsole, turns out they're cemented wtf hedi?

I buy SL for the cuts/patterns but quality isn't where they excel

Thats more what I meant, its better quality than most random brands with the same aesthetic tho, but I just love the classy but rockstar feel of the brand

Lmao, this doesn't push any boundaries of sexuality, his impact on sexuality was done years ago at dior, not to mention countless of other time before him, JPG had a bigger impact on sexuality and androgyny than slimane has done in his entire career
You even said it yourself, he is selling you this prepackaged 70s rocker look that all you people eat up, you can't take the clothes and do something unique with them, it's always just copying the runway, is shows read like a sale catalogue, him just trying to sell you look after look
He could go take some vintage clothes, do a 1 for 1 copy of it, bathe in your fabled "quality" (which no where near matches the price tag) and you wouldn't notice
If that's what your grasp of bringing 70s rocker aesthetic into high fashion is then you really need to reassess what you are doing
These clothes are for people top afraid to do something wrong, some different with how they dress, going to a vintage store and choosing your clothing is a statement of individuality, this is the complete opposite

For a person such as me who lives in a country where its almost impossible to find good vintage stores but extremely easy to access high fashion, and have very little financial limits, why would I put in more effort to get worse clothing? There is no such thing as originality in fashion these days but you have to admit it a lot more original than the hyped streetwear brands these days. There is not many actual brands that combine class and a rock and roll feel these days, there is a reason I said SLP and rocker aesthetic in the title instead of just SLP. How bout you post some examples of your vintage rocker fits? I would genuinely love to see them and see your point of view.

is this inspo senpai?

>There is no such thing as originality in fashion these days

stop

Yes

It's not the fact that you have no vintage stores to go to, it's the fact you are directly copying that lifestyle which you don't live
That's what hedi is doing, he's selling you a lifestyle for people who don't live that lifestyle, you're not a poor rockstar who who can only afford shitty vintage clothes and hand me downs
Do something that actually reflects yourself instead of just falling for hedis capitalism marketing game

none of you know how to wear this

If i did something that actually reflects my lifestyle Id be wearing full off white and bape. Im a euro kid with rich euro parents who lives in a mansion in Switzerland. Dress how you feel and how you want to look not to reflect your lifestyle. Fashion is for self expression and the individual choses how to dress, not the position theyre born into. I love my life but I also like dressing differently than my lifestyle and I see nothing wrong with that. Now post fit faggot

please for the love of god stop tucking your shirts into low rise pants

show us then

no go, baldo

lmfao

NO GO, GREASO

Sorry boo. This is shit.

I certainly hope that you don't think that this looks good on you.

do you seriously think that guy posted this himself
fucking christ user, falling for b8 again

if your bmi is greater than 18 you CANNOT do slp

yes you can
maybe if you don't understand tailoring and proper fit for your body type

this is a stupid argument, I have to wear something that reflects my lifestyle? lmao what does that even mean? if i like it, i wear it, stop trying so hard.

create your own lifestyle, don't buy "for your lifestyle" you fucking moron

1. that tuck looks awful
2. your head doesn't match the rest of your body

post fit

Reminder that you can't dress like this and complain about smoking. Specially indoors.

does anyone have pics of that one kid who posted here that wore shit like this. Big Hawaiian shirts and really tight black jeans. it's good shit

Do you guys like to mix in other influences with your slp?

For instance, I'd like to incorporate more militaristic and gothy stuff while still keeping the skinny silhouette. The throwback part of slp that really appeals to me is the first-wave goth stuff.

kek

usuallywhatimdressed.in/opinion/hedi-slimane-saint-laurent/

Hedi's talent is not that he's particularly creative or avant-garde, it's that he's the best at what he does; there is literally no boot in the world that does what an SLP wyatt or jodhpur does better.

The most popular items are pretty bland yes, but that's probably true of every designer; the "safest" stuff has the most mass appeal, so sells the best.

But SLP offer plenty of weird gaudy shit too (e.g. pic related), and incorporating stuff like that is IMO the point of the style, which many people neglect and act as if they're "so fashion" for wearing a flannel with skinny jeans and chelseas.

>website called usuallywhatimdressed.in

general rule of thumb is under 20 is good

how to tuck better and why not

yeah for sure. Mixing styles and trying out different aesthetics instead of full slp fits is what defines the rockstar aesthetic.

gonna dump some fits I found while lurking as inspo

top is meh and pose is bad but the fit / stacks on the jeans are god-tier.

wow so inspirational very inspo much cool

nvm cba to wait a minute between each post just have these two

no go, attention whore
THIS

FUCK OFF MY THREAD YOU WHORE. (Youre right tho)

greatest inspo

Military stuff definitely. Although I don't know if throwing on a camo over-shirt makes it anymore military.

that rise is so high it looks fucking ridiculous

dont listen to it looks great but you could use a bit lower

fucking garbage

Would an ottermode body type work with slp? The aesthetic is already pretty feminine as it is and I would be more comfortable with some muscle definition instead of the hero in chic skeletal that is classic slp.

POST MORE INSPO PLEASE. I NEEEEEED IT

oh for sure. Ottermode + slp = infinite pussy. It cancels out all the negatives slp has such as its femininity and "gay" look while keeping the classy rocker aesthetic.

seriously? you need more kids in biker jeans and flannels to 'inspire' you?

post other inspo then faggot

I don't take notes from kids from the internet on how to dress

the fact that a fit this boring is being posted as inspo is what is wrong with SLP as a trend tbqh

it's bait you autist

there's a lebbit imgur album of this stuff

um...yeah ?

why are you on an inspo/ discussion thread if u aint doing either
its not boring per se, I dont like it but its simple but still quite nice, well fitting and the colors go well together. Pretty good.

oh you can tell which posts are mine now can you?

post link

imgur.com/a/isuwr/all

I believe there's another one but it's all Harry Styles shit

federico is a nice guy but his height hinders all hos fits, dude wears a 44 in SL lmao

I feel the boots don't really go with the camo personally. I'd rather do slim black combat boots

do you think stuff like utility jackets should be more cropped, the way slp bikers are?

no and thats why that fit is shit

is there somewhere I can find more of his fits?

he goes by slann01 on Reddit, KTT, and SF, and posts fits regularly. His submitted history on Reddit is probably the easiest way to see most of them. Or you could just ask him if he has an album or something.

rise of what? only thing i can think of is the pants, and i'm not seeing anything more than low rise there

lol
this thread is cancer

You're fat as fuck.

You do realise my complaint was that it was boring, right? It's not a bad fit, it's just really uninteresting for an "inspo" fit.

I mean the only thing that elevates it above completely generic is the waxed jeans. Sure everything fits well but that doesn't make the fit any more "inspiring".

To me, inspo should showcase something interesting or out there that has been pulled off well enough that it also looks good, to inspire you to try out something similar.

That fit is decently executed, but he's not pulling off anything at all interesting, nor wearing any distinctive pieces, so it's not "inspiring" anything.

Now THIS is what I call inspo.

good points man

>All of these guys wearing skin tight jeans when Hedi has always been slim

It looks like complete shit when the jeans are this tight near the ankles

the irony

jeans stacking on the shaft, not on the strap kek

youtube.com/watch?v=fKA3Ycy5ioI
Did i do it right?

@lustercatcher on insta

also a blog and youtube channel by the same name

no you're fucking shit @ guitar

beautiful omg pls marry me!!!

groan

>inb4 techwear fag

How tall?

Is all you know about fashion only the memed shit on Veeky Forums?
Jesus christ
Literally "I'm soooooo into fashion, saint laurent, techwear, palewave, the list could go on.....": the post

christ, the shoe-pants interaction. just fuck my proportions up.

slp is dumb watered down grunge buy early hedi era dior if you actually wanna fuckin ROCK N ROLL

Probably, but your head is too big so it will never work. Quit while you're ahead.

I didn't remember them both looking so retarded, wow

Post more pls