How can I afford braces Veeky Forums?

How can I afford braces Veeky Forums?

My teeth are starting to shift from my wisdom teeth and it's starting to fuck my smile up. I'm already 20 and don't want to suffer adult braces any longer than I should. Unfortunately I can't afford much because of rent and school. I've been researching programs but many of them are only for kids up to 18. Are there any options?

Have the wisdom teeth removed. You retarded?

Are you in the US?
If so, go around to dental offices and ask if they'll give you a discount if you pay cash. Usually they have to deal with insurance companies and it takes a good deal of time for them to receive their money, so they'll most likely knock a good bit of money off your bill if you offer to pay cash upfront

no shit but that's a couple thousand in itself and I've got that scheduled already but will be in the hole. It won't reverse the shifting though

Go to a dental school and ask if they'll "practice" on you for a reduced price

braces are not Veeky Forums though you're better off with your crooked teeth

>braces are not Veeky Forums though you're better off with your crooked teeth

I feel like braces are becoming more acceptable for adults now... or adults or just giving less of a f now. basically I feel like in America I see more adults with braces lately.

clear ones don't look too bad desu. you can also do lingual (inside of teeth), but it seems like it fucks up your speech so much it might not be worth it.

but really user if you're still in school just wait until you graduate and have a job. they should be easy to afford then, assuming you get even a low salary job. it's not worth going into debt over or whatever if you're gonna be done with school in a couple years.

ALWAYS take braces over crooked teeth

It's over in a few years, and then you have a beautiful smile for the rest of your life

DONT fuck up

is america a 1st world country? what a crazy thing to have to worry about. americans lol

are braces covered for any age in your country? insurance covers them (or at least helps) in the US, but only if you're

But I want straight teeth so that I can get a good job! I feel like it's my main impairment.

wasn't there a guy who 3D printed his own invisalign braces for like 60 bucks? Do that OP

invest in kneepads

OP you will need to make sacrifices. As previous user said, go to the dental school at your local university. Since it may be cheap, they wont offer you clear braces.

If not, start thinking about adult braces. If you have a job at the time you may be able to afford clear braces.

just make crooked teeth part of your look
straight teeth is memecore anyway cop that unique bedraggled "who the fuck cares" look as a cover up for being cheap

NO GO GREASO

REMINDER THAT BRACES WILL FUCK UP YOUR FACE AND SMILE

DO NOT FALL FOR THE BRACES MEME

This

I got mine when I was 16. Im 19 now and i still have them on. Please help me.

it will be worth once you take them off, ugly teeth are disgusting

Yeah, they're almost there, I think i'll be fine within the year.

I just wish I had the option to get invisalign braces.

if you go to a college where the dentists are training they will do it all at a discounted rate. better than nothing

WEAR YOU'RE FUCKING RETAINERS

I'm on invisalign right now, they're nice but they can't solve all problems, luckily I only had some minor missalignment and it will be solved in 5 months
(I also had metal braces when i was 12 for 2 years)

I got my braces on Friday.

First off, it feels like I got into a fist fight with a curb and lost.

Second, I got way too cocky and thought "haha, my teeth aren't that shit! I'll probably only wear braces for 6 months or something!"

>Midline discrepancy
>Overjet
>Overbite
>Crowding
>Need to widen arches
>And my teeth are in general just fucked up

Man god damn

Braces really do make people beautiful, right? RIGHT?

Those clear ones will turn permanently yellow in a matter of weeks

Maybe if you've got shit hygeine

>you can also do lingual (inside of teeth), but it seems like it fucks up your speech so much it might not be worth it.
Not to mention shreds your tongue.
Don't do it.

>First off, it feels like I got into a fist fight with a curb and lost.
When I was in high school I sat down next to a usually quick witted and jocular fellow in the dining hall.
He hadn't touched his food and basically kept whimpering and moaning and basically couldn't sit still.

Asked him what was wrong and he did an open mouthed grimace to show me his braces he had just had installed.

Never forgot that look of helpless pain on a guy who was usually upbeat 24/7.

Scared me and put me off the idea for years.