Dumb Question General

Ask your dumb questions that dont deserve their own thread here

on a related note, are tie clips effay?

I vote nah

Can anyone tell me how to cop stuff off TaoBao? Only ever copped through yahoo Jp via proxy, do I need a proxy for TaoBao or am I able to buy directly from the "shops"?

Any recommended proxies if I need one?

Yeah use dotdotbuy. There's a tutorial somewhere on reddit iirc

Got pic related from my dad. Would black boots work well with this, or will I just look like an edgelord? What footwear could work well with this jacket?

What kind of pants are these, cropped joggers?

they kinda just look like black chino/work pants that have been tucked into the socks?

What colour leather belt goes well with light/faded denim like this(and maybe a bit lighter)? brown or black or something else?

just noticed the bagginess at the top, mb, probably joggers just tucked in

oh and if brown, how dark/light? I'll be wearing jeans like this mostly with leather jackets and hoodies.

Looks really nice. I was considering buying an m65 jacket but looking at fit pics and YouTube fits they look extremely bulky and loose-fitting.

Black boots would work but I would probably go with dark brown.

You don't wear belts with jeans.

Are there any good alternatives to hender schemes?

Can I wear a longsleeve underneath a t-shirt?

Can I wear a turtleneck?

Can I wear a t-shirt underneath a turtleneck?

turtleneck underneath a t-shirt*

What is that type of boots called? (not file name, those are the only found by searching it)

the original shoes that they're modeled after?

air jordan iv's

er what, yes you do
do not listen to this user

Yay for dumb questions, is it bad i didn't know this?

What would you call that colourway?

Go check /cgl/ , they have taobao threads all the time with a guide how to buy from there.

Why do people say this board is trash?

Are anvil organic tees ok?

air jordan 4 (or common nomenclature iv)
3, 1 and 11 (high) might be nice.
idk they're my favs
hender scheme only attempted 4

vegetable tan

Veeky Forums people often border on anorexic lifestyles
have contrasting opinions and talk down on other (beginner) fashion boards like reddit's mfa
waywt is often people that would need advice, as opposed to people who know what they're doing
threads like ROG and SLP seem to be very conservative and sometimes a bit delusional in their ways
I can go on, but that doesn't mean I don't love this place.

You basically summed up Veeky Forums, I think if people started to give more advice then we would have a better community. But what do I know, i'm just some loser that likes clothes.

>I think if people started to give more advice then we would have a better community
sometimes this is quite the problem people have in this board, it's not supposed (keyword) to be a beginner's fashion forum.
People feel like the basics should be present, which I can certainly understand.
I think it would do a great good if everyone first spent a year or two at mfa, got sick of it (only natural course), and moved onto here.

the kind that tells everyone you don't skate cause you're wearing drop crotch joggers with a thrasher hoodie.

so is the general consensus here that tie clips are out of style?

Vans Slip-On alternatives? That are still cheap I mean, all the designer label slip-ons are expensive af and I feel it is not worth it.

I'm planning this fit before going for it. I just need to cop that field jacket.

Anything I should add to it? or what do you guys think of it.

Black boots would be fine if you're confident (and not a creep)

I KNOW they are meme-d to hell and everyone hates them, but I keep thinking about the little pods on the sides. I feel like years ago this was on tons of cheap shoes, but when I try to search for pods/bubbles nothing really comes up. Are there any other shoes with them?

>Would black boots work well with this
if youre attractive yes
if youre unattractive no, youll look like an edgy creep

take that as you will

yeah every time I see these all I think of is Payless, Spendless or Target brand shoes. As for the bubbling stuff I remember them being on really cheap kids shoes from Big W or Target like World Industries, Hot Wheels or DC

fuck the pants, what brand is that jacket

What type of pants go with denim jackets?

>are tie clips effay?
They are not. Unless you're an engineer you should never wear these, ever. If you MUST fix your tie, use a stick pin (but don't fix your tie).

That's not the problem with Veeky Forums, the problem is insecure teenagers who can't think for themselves and instead subscribe to this hivemind palewave, slackercoreonly etc crap
you can't get any proper discussion because no one has their own opinions or bothers to think about anything critically
Not to mention people mindlessly spewing nonsense about stuff they don't know anything about ie rick owens
Also the /pol/ & Veeky Forums cross posting is very bad tn, but what's worse is the insecure teenagers replying to it all ass hurt

Will people notice if my entire wardrobe is from h&m?

Depends which H&M items you got. If its just the basic plain tees then who can tell? but I can sense it if its their other shit (printed tees, bombers, other monstrosities).

The tees have a certain texture to them that makes it obvious how thin they are.

The chinos get big, obvious creases for the same reason. They'll also fade and look shabby after ~5 washes

Denim is cheap and thin.

Shoes will fuck your feet up real good.

Their jackets feel horrible.

up to you though

Is using nonprescrition glasses okay? I have 20/20 vision but have dry eye.

>supporting the fast fashion jew

They don't really need to start out at mfa, the problem is that too many sheeps shitpost and don't contribute in any way. So basically, they should start by lurking a lot, not posting fucking shit. Though this thread could bunch all the sheeps together so they don't create hundreds of shit threads.

Black pants go pretty well with denim jackets.

W2C these [spoiler] in New Zealand or shipping from Aus [/spoiler]

>They don't really need to start out at mfa
U would agree with you if their first instinct was to follow the style of Veeky Forums (or any style of Veeky Forums) that contradicts mfa. Sadly, beginners are most likely to enjoy mfa the most.
That, for me, symbolizes the natural 'flow' of learning about fashion.
It starts at mfa, you learn the basics (how pants should fit, what a blazer should look like) and then you experiment a bit more to the point where you don't feel like you belong there anymore.
Of course people like thisistheodore can still post there for personal gain, but the vast majority of people who are sick and tired of another bizcaz waywt move on from the website.

Those full of hatred Bangladesh mudslims don't deserve better.

Smoking is Veeky Forums?

what to wear with black hoodie?
obvious newfag here

Oui.
Nil, Gauloises Menthol, Winston.

What hoodie?

a black hoodie. it's a random black nike hoodie. it's slightly oversized.

I remember some time ago (like year or so) we had tattoo thread and someone posted tattoo picture saying "talk shit - post fit"
Does anyone have it by any chance?

How do I get rid of the thrift store smell?

Any particular difference to normal chelsea boots to chelsea rain boots? I'm guessing the rain boots are more prone to breaking?

How's the sizing on margiela gats? Heard they fit wide
Deciding between a 41 and 42
I'm a 8.5 in AF1

I just bought energy boosts because I needed runners and got them cheap. Are they fa, and what outfits should I use them with? I'm new here

only if you're cool
if you look like you're doing it to look cool it'll come across as nu-male-esque (imo)

Use sheet fabric softener. Place them in between your clothes when you fold/rack them.

Holy fucking shit bumping thisliterally whenever I ask a question here it's always replied with a non answer.

Depends on the model. For AF4s especially not that I know of, AF1 varchetta tans are very close. Actually veg tan sneaks have been saturating the market as of late

Color blind autist there.
Which colors go with these jeans? Specially shoes, I always wore only black jeans, wanted to bring more color into my fits.

Forgot picture.

Welcome to Veeky Forums
These threads are called the 'fuccboi general' here
I hope you enjoy your stay

boots only if you're attractive or can find a way to tone down the obvious overarching military look

also heads up, M65s have been the basic bitch girl standard for a few years now
played out as fuck
I dunno if you care or not

light brown or khaki
you could do any muted other color though like a faded red or pastel green
avoid a similar shade of blue
also this all depends on the rest of your outfit

ugliness of those jeans aside, brown shoes would look best with that wash
dark green might work as well

I am fat with very large man tits. When ever I try regular summer clothes my rolls are accentuated. What do I wear to cover myself up during summer? I'm still wearing a hoody at the moment ffs I'm so ashamed of my body.

These are Our LEgacy ones, probably just bad picture.

google is your friend

they tend to fit tts or a half size large
mine are tts
might depend on the season
I'd go for a 41

haha I don't care if they're made by Ian Connor's left nutsack
I just think they're ugly as sin
that stupid '90's mid wash denim look needs to die already

but to each his own

aside from the obvious suggestion to workout or ride a bicycle or whatever, wear some loose linen button downs or something
fat people tend to look best in looser tops rather than something like a tee shirt

Yeah I am working out. It's just going to take some time. This is the first summer I've been fat which is why I'm so disgusted with myself.

oh, word
that's cool that you're on top of it
I assumed you were one of those fat for years kids who have resigned themselves to their weight

Nope nope nope. I was too skinny last year and I tried to get to a healthy weight. Let's just say I over shot it and I'm now 18 stone.

price check on these?
dior homme designed by hedi (not sure which year)
size 42, almost unused and perfect condition

i'll give you $20, nice digits btw

are the sneakers beat up?
If yes then go with it.
If not then wear the shoes

Don't cop pieces just because you found them cheap and you like the label

I've been looking for boots for a while, and I like these.
Just wondering what would be a reasonable price to pay.

you're one to talk

What are the best but also low-cost basic t-shirt I can get?
I was going to get Uniqlo's Supima shirts, but according to the site reviews they've gone down in quality and no longer fit as close as they should.

What are some good lookbooks and Fashion mags to pick up, both Japanese and American. I don't have anything to read or thumb through for inspo

Just posting a random wall to read as well

What is the name of this papa Franku's jacket?

w2c jacket?

Natural veg-tan belt might work, or maybe light/medium brown.

I just wear whatever because the t shirt covers it anyway

wtf do I wear on summer? I just wear white t shirts lightwash jeans and stans. any other casual thing I can wear? any fa shorts/other pants or shirts for summer?

Are linen pants a good idea?