I recently started a new job at an office and I realized I don't have much to wear...

I recently started a new job at an office and I realized I don't have much to wear. They tell me I can wear whatever I want on days I'm not having meetings (i.e. a suit day) so I want to get some clothes and shoes that are professional but also Veeky Forums.

Anyone have advice/pictures/etc?

just KYS

Just buy appropriate clothing that fits well. It might not be the most effay thing to do, but it will make you seem professional while also looking better than most of the people there.

Okay, I guess I'll just settle for that then.

I have been getting so bored with the clothes I have been wearing so far and now that it's getting warmer I've been seeing other women wearing more exciting outfits so I was interested in seeing if there was anything good out there to emulate. But if it's just good to be plain, I can do that.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope you can find something you like. Good luck!

Thanks for responding! I appreciate it.

Something smart and casual. Make sure everything fits you well and if you're skinny, make sure they fit slim. No folds on pants and I prefer to wear chelsea boots but dress shoes should be fine. On Fridays and hotter days, wear short sleeves or roll up your sleeves and don't wear a tie if you can. Don't be afraid to wear a bit of patterns like stripes or dots.

Basically it.

>On hotter days wear short sleeves

Ok Dwight Schrute

Huh, I never realized he did that.

Well shit. Looked better in my head. Yeah just roll up your long sleeves I guess.

just buy shit from new york and company

zegna suit is straight up default mode

When did Veeky Forums get useless at business casual. Srsly just go to Reddit.

Short sleeves look good if your arms can fill them out or almost do so and they don't come too far down your upper arm.

Otherwise, especially if they're long-ish and flaring out or whatever, yeah they look like complete shit.

Any ideas for women?

Skinny fat nerds need to stop trying to show off the jaw line they don't have

>whatever I want

F U L L R I C K
U
L
L

R
I
C
K

Depends on the office. Is it a creative company in a fashionable city? Is it casual or upscale? etc

Usually you should dress up and more conservative for the first few weeks and then play it by ear based on what your co-workers wear. Don't make the mistake of dressing like your bosses or other departments, and not your own team, it can come off as presumptuous.

For starters you can't go wrong with an oxford button up and a slim fitting navy suit, maybe a black tie if you want to be cute

Oh thanks for the pictures!

It's not creative but it's in a big city (Boston, so not terribly fashionable). Most of my coworkers dress pretty casually around the office, but still look professional. It's not a large office so we all know each other and the atmosphere is relaxed when we're together.

I've been here for a few months but haven't really had a chance to buy anything so I've been cycling through a few boring outfits.

need example