Techwear/Cyberpunk/Dystopian Future General

Post your inspiration, relevant brands and individual garments, fit pics, cool tumblrs and Instagrams, questions, and any discussions about the aesthetic. All aspects of the aesthetic are welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/k5z2ZyB0
iomerino.com
pastebin.com/GWjdChgd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't forget Guerilla Group

Brands that have Techwear Clothing or aesthetic

4Dimension
>Small Taiwanese label producing inexpensive techwear outerwear, tops and pants. Quality is on par with Guerilla Group, not comparable to large manufacturers such as Nike or Acronym but they are specifically targeted at the techwear aesthetic and this is a much cheaper alternative than Veilance and Acronym for brand new items. Fit is on the small side.

Acronym
>Military aesthetic, fashion forward cuts and functions, latest technical garments. High price. Footwear collaboration with Nike more form over function. Very strong resale and hard to get cheaply.

Adidas
>Sportswear brand with footwear lines that can work with the aesthetic such as the Tubular and Flux range. Certain apparel from Adidas Performance and Originals line can be found with technical fabrics and futuristic aesthetics. Outlets and eBay can be used to find good deals. Quality is quite high for the price.

Arcteryx LEAF
>The Law-Enforcement and Armed Forces line of the outdoors brand Arcterx. High priced but good build quality and materials. Can be found on the second hand market on eBay sold by retired soldiers relatively cheap. Mix with casual elements like sneakers to reduce the military/tactical look of these pieces.

Descente Allterrain
>Techwear diffusion line by a Japanese outdoors brand. Quality and price are high and tends to be slightly over-branded for the aesthetic.

Guerrilla Group
> Military inspired futuristic streetwear that is affordably priced for brand new items. Limited use of technical fabrics and quality control is not as high as large manufacturers. If 4Dimension is the affordable version of Acronym, Guerrilla Group is the more affordable version of WTAPS.

Maharishi
>UK streetwear brand with a military/utilitarian aesthetic. Can be found cheaply used on eBay, especially from the UK. Limited use of technical fabrics. Good source of cargo pants and bombers.

Neighborhood Technical
>Technical diffusion line of a Japanese streetwear label. Rare and difficult to find. Check Yahoo!JP auctions. Interesting fit and use of some technical fabrics.

Nike (NikeLab, ACG, Sphere, NSW)
>One of the best sources for inexpensive techwear garments. Numerous shoe models work with the aesthetic and have some of the best footwear technology in the world. Waterproof clothing and farbics such as Gore-Tex can be found across many product lines. Nike Sphere is often discounted and marketed towards runners and is a good source of inexpensive waterproof shells. ACG is expensive new but resale is poor and eBay is a good source for cheap second hand jackets and pants.

Prada Sport
>Technical sportswear by luxury fashion house Prada. Uses top quality materials and construction is excessively good (6 rows of reinforced stitching in places). Second hand market is filled with this brand on eBay, especially from the UK. This is an affordable way to get a top-quality Gore-Tex shell. Pants are another good item from this brand with wide cuts and technical stretch materials. Minimalistic designs work with the aesthetic and colorways are typically black, navy and beige.

RLX
>Technical sportswear diffusion line of Ralph Lauren. Well-made and plenty available new and second hand heavily discounted on eBay in the US. Especially good for pants, but some outerwear softshells can work with the aesthetic. Very rare to find good technical fabrics in this brand, but they do exist.

The North Face
>Outdoors brand that can be found anywhere new and used. Can be very expensive and resale is decent because of strong demand from the general public and outdoors enthusiasts. Outwear shells and backpacks can work with the aesthetic.

Veilance
>Arcteryx’s minimalist urban line. Very high priced, high resale. Hard to find a good deal on this even second hand. Good construction quality and use of materials. Arguably the best quality for urban technical apparel alongside Prada Sport. Simple, mostly black designs are versatile and work in a range of styles.

WTAPS
> Japanese streetwear label with military references. Occasionally has technical fabrics and design elements. Resale of this brand is high due to streetwear demand.

Y-3
> Sportswear collaboration between Yohji Yamamoto and Adidas. Construction is not robust, more suited for a fashion oriented look than real performance outdoors or for exercise. New Y-3 Sport line has recently been released and provides more focus on utilitarian designs and less on the fashion aspect.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but what would be a good jacket to layer this over with?

A good, cheap techwear styled fit posted on Veeky Forums a while ago by Birthday.

And another Veeky Forums tech fit by Tesselvte, wearing Nike Gyakusou.

How about a black or charcoal nylon vest instead?

Final Home
>Japanese streetwear brand with military and urban design references. Quality is low but the design aesthetic works very well with techwear. Don’t expect any technical fabrics. Can be found on eBay for a moderate price used.
Stone Island Shadow Project
>Diffusion line of C.P. Company, an Italian sportswear/casual clothing company. High priced with good resale. Some technical materials used, strong urban military design references.

Contributing

Mission Workshop
>> Cycling oriented designs, high quality construction, use of technical fabrics ranging from neoshell to schoeller textiles. Designs are clean, prices are moderately high. Also a source backpacks and messengers with very high build quality.

looks like shit

looks really cheap

This is Veeky Forums. A lot of people will be on a budget and he got the look down with mostly affordable pieces.

Cool, added to my Word Doc. I'll save it for future threads.

I should add Lululemon, Puma Urban Mobility, and a few other brands I know have some tech-ish products but that I don't have any experience with.

it's actually a pretty good fit senpai

No problem, I was thinking of using paste bin so we have an easy reference

A techwear fit featuring Lululemon piece(s).

/out/fag adding a few brands

patagonia
>outdoor line with a focus on ethical/eco friendly manufacturing processes. more focused on performance than tech aesthetic, but their serious tech pieces are done in modern and fashionable cuts for the most part. similar to TNF except their garments are taken seriously within the innawoods community. Comparable to arcteryx.

Icebreaker
>Merino wool line with offerings ranging from stealth-tech to tech aesthetic. Great for F/W baselayer. Among the highest quality merino fibers you can get. Great hoodies and tech button-ups.

outlier
>casualwear looking tech line with amazing shorts and pants, but also some other good offerings. more of a focus on aesthetic than function.

prAna
>yoga line with very good stealth-tech pants and shorts among their line. amazing price to quality ratio. similar to outlier, but more budget-minded with a greater focus on function.

REI co-op
>budget oriented techwear basics line. best budget puffies in term of insulation and construction/hardware. casual look.

Polartec surplus
>Dope affordable military surplus fleeces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Great starting point for midlayer.

Outdoor research
>Affordable hit or miss (in terms of aesthetic) line, best functional rain shells you'll find under like $400 (helium 2 HD) and good soft-shell offerings.

Darn tough
>Only socks you need to own, highest quality you can get. Big time techwear staple, but 1-trick pony line.

Cool added to my document. I don't have experience with any of those brands so it was interesting to read. Thanks.

also IMO hiking oriented stuff is best mixed with fashion type stuff to avoid looking like you're hiker-cosplaying. pieces will be vastly superior to fashion lines in terms of function even at much lower price points. If you're doing tech and sticking strictly to fashion brands you're doing it wrong :)

same applies to milsurp stuff. some amazing gems hidden within but don't cosplay senpai.

Here is a pastebin with everything contributed so far.

pastebin.com/k5z2ZyB0

Yea I feel that way about all Y-3 or ACRNM outfits. The performance is just not there and worn all together it looks just as jarring as wearing all Outdoors brands in the city or wearing full MilSurp anywhere but a warzone.

Mixing and matching to keep it functional but urban and casual is the key I think.

Beat me to it

what are you 12? its shit

'the look' to look like shit? yeah he got that down

yeah, downplayed techwear fits are very under-rated and under-discussed. it's one thing to enjoy some goth ninja cosplay once in a while but those aren't practical or everyday fits and if you dress like that every day people will think there's something wrong with you.

i can really appreciate visually subtle tech fits, like the kind of fit you wouldn't expect is techwear but you can still leave a pair of trailrunners in your trunk and pop off on a hike in. personally i do that kind of thing a lot, so those kinds of fits suit my lifestyle.

luckily i live in an area with erratic/shitty weather so shell jackets aren't faux pas, $800 hardshell jackets are normie here.

Peak Performance
> Good mix of outdoor gear and urban gear, most items claim at least some degree of water resistance, trousers use anatomical forms so as to not hinder movement. Urban gear is understated and their outdoor gear has the typical bright colours you would expect.

Some of my favourite brands, especially for the UK where the larger brands can be hard and ridiculously expensive to find.

>Finisterre
Best merino wool shirts I've ever worn, soft, comfortable, worn for days on end, they come in multiple colours and styles, are made in Europe and are the best priced even compared to mass-produced clothes like Icebreaker.

>Uniqlo Airism briefs
Hands down, best underwear I've ever worn. Comfortable, lightweight, smooth, easy to wash and quick drying. I wore a single set once for a week-long military exercise and they were still like new at the end of it.

Appreciate you user

>Sherpa Adventure Gear
This winter I wanted an insulated jacket that wouldn't make me look like a Michelin Man and Sherpa's is Primaloft Gold insulated and close-fitting.

I'm not much for the ninja look, I just love clothes where I can get hit by cold and wind and rain and be fine.

uniqlo airism tees are also a+ for techwear fits. some of the lightest weight synthetic shirts you can get that aren't totally see through and the construction is solid. regular airism and mesh are both good. i wish they offered the tees in more cuts.

agree that airism underwear are great too. easily the best spring/summer underwear. whatever brand merino wool boxer briefs are the best for fall/winter.

also made a bandana out of an old airism mesh shirt and it's like the best thing ever.

Jesus this is an actual good techwear thread

Does anyone know of any good sources for buying merino fabrics?

Bump cause quality thread

checkD

Uniqlo Airism makes great basses.

Got to go for now, keep the dream alive

Please don't spam random shit

I lied. Here's one more. ttyl

that's actually a dope poncho even though the button front kills the functionality.

anyone have any good tech shorts recommendations? i want something with a gusseted crotch and stretch material for flexibility, that aren't too baggy around my legs. i'm like 140lbs fit/runner's build and most shorts fit my thighs like a trashbag if they're techwear. above knee to mid thigh length ideal.

I've been having similar problems, I'm thinking about just making my own

I have a hoodie and a neck warmer thingy from here:
iomerino.com

Is it beneficial for backwards writing people to be left handed cause smudging
>inb3 they are the smudge on the earth's surface

Thanks user, but I'm looking at buying the fabric to make my own t-shirts

yeah that holy grail of good material and good fit seems impossible to find at any price point :c i've been able to find casual looking tech shorts with a good fit (outlier, prana) but nothing with that tech or athletic look to it :(

I have a pair of the acg shorts from last summer and the fit is great and they look great just one big glaring problem, they made them from 100% nylon so all they do is just cause sweat

w2c that jacket?

Legit

J45M-BW

I agree with this post a lot.
I like the aesthetic of a lot of the tech wear stuff - but I would never wear that in public without looking like a complete tool.

I think you can do some cool stuff with certain techwear "styled" jackets and pants though. You just don't have to go all out ninja cosplayer with a facial mask to do it.

Facial mask is definitely too much unless you're caught in a snowstorm or it's pretty damn cold. It happens!

But yeah face masks need to be low priority to broaden the credibility of the style

it's a shame I lost the glasses

Ahahahahahaha

Yeah - ofcourse wearing a face mask when you're skeeing or during heavy snowing or something it's fine. But riding the subway you look like a tosser. At least I would

haters gon hate
I hate people anyway and I have hayfever, also my face is ugly. Also I cycle to work in this, so it filters out the fumes from the transport.
Why *wouldn't* I wear a mask??

Assuming you take it off as soon as you're done cycling that sounds reasonable

Did you have to pick one that makes you look like a naruto character?

Sorry dude, I think it's just because it looks like rave wear

Well, I take it off once I go into a building, because there's not so much pollen inside.
what's a naruto

Updated the pastebin: pastebin.com/GWjdChgd

Might want to sort them in terms of sportswear (Nike ACG and AdidasLAb), minimalist (Veilance, Prada Sport), Ninja (Acronym, Guerrilla Group), outdoors (Patagonia, TNF).

pics of bandana?

check out the japanese brand alkphenix. they're a bit expensive, but also extremely cool. really tempted to get one of their kevlar t shirt things + shorts

You probably get asked to leave a lot.

I worry about that wearing vests with pockets a lot. I remember reading about some guy getting questioned by police in public for wearing a Helmet Lang vest that was made to resemble a bullet proof vest. No dramas yet for me so far though.

love that GG layering piece with the grid

This jacket by BBS 11 looks nice. Anyone with experience with the brand? Even just handling if not owning.

no idea, but that looks dank, w2c?

Fucking quints and noones saying shit, lifes hard

This windbreaker from Moncler 2014 s/s looks pretty nice for those that like a bit of color.

>I wanted an insulated jacket that wouldn't make me look like a Michelin Man
Arcteryx Atom hoodie
Patagonia Nano Air hoodie
for even lower bulk choices than primaloft. I have a primaloft jacket tho and I love it. Highly recommend the REI Revelcloud hoodie for people in the states. They're a lot less puffy than down jackets, and fare a lot better in wet conditions.

Also none of these jackets, nor the one you posted will do shit for you in the rain. "Water repellent" means it'll bead up moisture for maybe 10 minutes of rain giving you enough time to put a shell jacket on; once it starts wetting out your jacket will weigh 50lbs and be as cold as an ice cube.

I actually like nylon shorts for fall/winter especially if it ends up being in a weave pattern that takes DWR well. Still doesn't help me find good tech summer shorts, but hey that's another thing I've been looking for! Are they stretch material at all? Gusseted crotch?

Will do chief. At this point I'll pay out the ass for the perfect shorts.

Here's what it looks like, I wasn't really sure how to photograph it since I mostly wear it with black poly tees so it blends in really well. Mostly just changes how the neckline on my shirts look and gives me the option to pull it over my face for shitty weather, sun protection while driving etc (I'm pale as fuck)

I can post a fit pic with it sometime when it's light outside if you really want, the lighting in my house isn't enough for it to be all that visible in pictures.

forgot to add, I cut the edges to look rough on purpose to contrast the usual design motifs you find in techwear. it's subtle but I like it. i have another one with clean cut edges laying around somewhere too but I like this one more.

If you're not worried about packability, a fleece is a good alternative to puffies and softshells for insulation as well. You can get a US military surplus one with armpit zippers for like $50 online.
The big advantages puffies have over fleece/softshells are that they pack very small, and they're light weight. To be quite honest, if you aren't an ultralight backpacker and you're wearing it for fashion they all accomplish the same thing. Nothing wrong with wearing a puffy for the look, just reco'ing because you said you don't like the puffy look.

Sadly they don't have any noticeable stretch but they are gusseted and the legs have a twist to them as well which does aid movement.

Alkphenix gear has had me tempted for a while, I'm just not that happy with ordering clothing from Japan

Hey guys, what do you think about Frank + Oak SC?

Looks like a good option for stealthtech

Where the fuck do i cop pants like these?I only have access to nike adidas etc

w2c cargos under $150

They just look like cheap cargo pants with an elasticated cuff. H&M, Forever 21 or any other cheap retailer should have something similar.
Hate this outfit, though.

Can you do techwear during the summer?

I live in a place that gets to over 100F degrees of dry heat and all techwear revolves around jackets and vests.

school shooter-core

it's a cool fit other than the vest