decantshop.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

For anyone looking for fragrance suggestions, give as much information as possible about what you want. Helpful info could include gender, price range, climate/season, need (work/clubbing/etc.), notes/families you like/dislike, and other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.

LAST THREAD ACTUALLY HERE

thank you base /frag/user for starting a new thread. You're very appreciated.

based*

Tell me about Lacoste. Are they garbage or are they a decent value brand? I'm looking at the 12.12 line in particular.

I'll give this a go
>gender
I'm male, but I'll wear a feminine scent if I like it enough and think I can pull it off
>price range
climate/season
hot Southern summers or a year-rounder
>need
social occasions
>notes/families you like/dislike
just a few examples
like: patchouli and cardamom, light green florals like lilac, geranium, magnolia
dislike: dominant citruses
>other perfumes you've tried and liked/disliked.
kinda played out, but Creed GIT is my all-time favorite, and in general I kinda lean toward mature, refined, and understated perfumes

Have you tried Tom Ford Grey Vetiver? I think it sounds like your kind of fragrance. Great in the heat but a total year rounder, very mature, green and woody / earthy.

Garbage, you could find better fragrances at the same value

Versace Pour Homme
Boss Bottled Intense
Club De Nuit Intense by Armaf

for example

I'd look into:
The One EDP by Dolce & Gabbana
La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL

Actually scratch that YSL one and replace it with Boss Bottled Intense for a better year round scent

Just got this in the mail! I'll reply in a bit with my detailed review.

I smell like a gay girl and I'm proud. YSL is a good gay.

Poorfag here who on the recommendation of /frag/ got Aqva Bvlgaria as well as on personal impulse Chergui Serge Lutens

I was told that Bvlgaria was really popular but I just don't see the appeal. Smells almost sour to me.
Is it just my unrefined palette? Personal taste/natural body stank?

The Lutens is right up my ally though. Would it be alright to wear for general use?
What sort of sweet smelling perfume would you recommend for men?

Thoughts on Ultime?

What does Veeky Forums think of L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme?

It's an ok scent. Not worth the money to buy it. But it's ok

It's an ok scent. I wouldn't buy it because there's better alternatives, but it's ok

I use Axe you should probably do too. It's cheap. It's good. It gets u laid.

I legitimately doubt anyone could ever answer this:

But does anyone know of any fragrance still in production that smells like a dry cleaning place or smells aldehydic with metallic notes.

Another is something that smells like Tar. Without much else, so not Angel Men or anything of that nature.

Versace Eros is horrible in the summer.

What retard told you it wasn't? Versace Eros is predominantly sweet and is absolutely annoying in the summer.

>Would it be alright to wear for general use?
It's very rich and sweet, so not very suitable for warm weather. Also nuclear projection, so very easy to overapply.

It has a musty mildewy note I don't care for. I'm sure I'm in the minority on that opinion, though.

Fresh cops
Guerlain Homme because discontinued and because I enjoy L'Eau Boisée. Also just really like Guerlain.
L'Artisan Parfumeur Caligna because curious about the fig.
First impressions of both (on paper) are pleasant, mostly just as expected. Going to give Caligna the full day tomorrow in 90 degree heat and report back.

>Guerlain Homme because discontinued
really?

The EdT is apparently no longer in production. Fragnet has testers still but you can only find Guerlain Homme Intense in retail packaging now.

What's a good babby's first oud?

REQUESTING SUGGESTION

>male
>~$50
>year round is ideal but i can settle with summer
>need it for clubbing, going out at night
>i like woody fresh and woody aromatic
>i've tried bleu de chanel and liked it a lot

i like the idea of a vetiver just because i like the idea of something very verdant. i've been considering bvlgari blv since it's cheap and somewhat similar to a vetiver

I live and die by Tom Ford Noir.

don't really get a lot of vetiver from Bvlgari Blv. it's mainly a soapy gingery fragrance

24 gold. One spray and you'll be gassing people out from across the street. But it's so good though.

Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire is the best vetiver around

No one mentions Hermes, I am disappoint

Hermes is always talked about. What are you on about?

fine, nigga. what about Hermes do you want to talk about? and keep it away from Terre d'Meme and the Jardin series since those get mentioned in every thread, newfag

I finally caved and copped 1 Million. On my first non sample wearing I realized that it has a cold soapy vibe and a touch of floral. Very interesting, but yeah, sweet. If you can pull off Lacoste White, you won't have a problem.

Another plus, I've only smelled this one time on someone else. It's the tropics so I only smell aquatics and citrus frags outside.

Next target -- voyage d hermes. Iwant something thats close to juniper sling. Edt or parfum?

I'm after a sporty/fresh/aquatic type smell, what can you guys recommend?

I essentially want a fresh smell like I've just stepped out of the shower; if that makes sense.

Does anything like this exist?

my mom usually buys me bad shiit but she randomly bought me a dior homme parfum. Shit is cool af. Does Veeky Forums like it?

Mugler Cologne

>fine, nigga. what about Hermes do you want to talk about?

I'm not who you were replying to but I would accept some discussion/opinions on Eau de L'Orange Vert.

Is it really an old man scent? What seasons is it best for?

"Shower fresh" is basically an entire genre of fragrance. Start with Versace Signature like everyone else says; it's exactly what you are requesting. Also look into CK2. It gets "fresh" comments for me, and it smells like an outdoor shower / wet concrete.

Thanks for that, will check them out. Are you just referring to Versace Pour Homme?

Have you tried Versace Man Eau Fraiche ? seems to be closer to what I'm looking for.

For that budget, you're looking at Lalique Encre Noire, if you want more fresh/summer oriented go Encre Noire Sport

Other user here, I'm normally not a fan of too fresh but I have Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche and I love it. Shame it's a 5ml decant because it is so good for summer. I haven't even tried the regular Hermes yet.

Used to be M7. Now, every line has an oud flanker. Outside of real oud oil, the most accurate depiction I've smelled is Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, but that might not be the best intro as it's very "barnyard-ish," so try Aoud Lime (that doesn't have any detectable lime in it).

>Bottom
Yes, Versace Signature is also called Versace pour Homme. I have both VS and Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Eau Fraiche has much more wood in its base. It has more fruit as well, with a dominant starfruit note in the opening. VS feels more airy and fresh. Compare the two in person if you're unsure. Or just cop both as they're both great and worth owning.

Sounds like I'll try both and the CK2 which sounds interesting too. Thank you.

>~$50
>Frederic Malle

>i like the idea of a vetiver
Have you ever smelled it? I ask because of a. the way you worded that statement, and b. vetiver isn't normally considered a "clubbing" scent, which tend to be sweet with huge projection.

If you really want a vetiver in that price range, I can't think of a better one than
>Encre Noire Sport
like that user said.

Another woody scent that might fit the bill is Mahogany Woods.

Eau d'orange verte is a nice, and not necessarily old man tier but the longevity is pretty weak. I'd say it's primarily a summer scent but could be made to work year round since it's going to be so light most of the time you're wearing it anyway. Definitely mature though. Not a clubbing scent but not nursing home either.

>Terre d'meme
Fuck you it's a solid scent with two flankers that cover a ton of ground. I'm surprised I haven't seen more discussion comparing the parfum, edt and eau tres fraiche.

>Orange Verte
I have the Concentre version fwiw in case you are also considering that. I wouldn't call that "old man", but it isn't bright and youthful since it introduces basil and cedar, which also makes it more masculine than the original from what I've read.

The citrus element isn't as light smelling as with most other Hermes scents. It's not candied or cloying by any means, but it smells a little sweeter than orange is naturally (probably because Concentre is one of the few current Hermes frags Ellena and his characteristic deft touch didn't create)

Rate me

EDW Spring/Summer - Bulgari Aqva; I'm absolutely obsessed with nautical notes and this just smells amazing on a hot Chicago day.

EDW Fall/Winter - Burberry London; Coziest cologne under $100 hands down. Thick and manly with a sophisticated edge.

Special occasion Spring/Summer - Green Irish Tweed; probably my favorite cologne of all time, crisp and classy, very sophisticated scent, wonderfully refreshing. Great for the city.

Special occasion Fall/Winter - Tobacco Vanille; great longevity, smells warm, unique, and sublime, overpowers all other scents. A real alpha musk.

At one point I had a collection of ~25 scents that I'd built over the years, unfortunately it was lost during a move. A good chunk of them were basic scents that everyone has like ADG so no big deal, but I did have a few gems in there as well. RIP.

Might try Bulgari Aqva.

Is neroli portofino worth?

I could go up to $120 but I thought I'd see what people would recommend for cheap.

Definitely trying it out.

I'm not the user asking, I'm the suggesting user , but I've heard from someone else that regular Encre Noire is a great scent for going out at night to bars, so why not a vetiver for clubbing? I still really want to try the mainline and all the others.

Yo I just mentioned the tres fraiche here m8

any recommendation for a summer nights niche fragance? (already have bleu, thierry, intense...)
price is not a problem, I like woody-vanilla scents, im 28yo

Ellena did make Concentre d'Orange Verte. He didn't make the original Eau.

solid/10

my minor quibbles are just a matter of personal taste, but I do love GIT as well

try aqua amara amazing for summer nights, I got a lot of compliments

Thank you kind anons.

what would be better alternatives to Issey in your opinion?

Sel Marin, Tokyo Mama Fizz, Mugler Cologne, Shelter Island, At the Beach 1966/Eternal Return, Bleecker Street, BondNo9.com

thanks!!

Looking for opinions on The Different Company Tokyo Bloom and Juliette Has a Gun Anyway. Any anons tried these? I enjoy eccentric green and floral scents.

Fragrantica says otherwise, though I admit there is a decent chance they are wrong

Alrighty
>F
>as cheap as possible
>hot but not humid
>shows, hanging w friends etc
Right now I just wear peppermint essential oil which I like a lot
I like "clean" scents idk how else to describe
Uh I like pretty much everything except patchouli lol
If anyone has stuff they like or have heard good things about let me kno

try bvlgari blv pour femme. you can get samples online.

It's nice. I don't love it, but I'd wear it every once in a while. It's like Diptyque Eau du Lierre if you've ever smelled that, but sweeter and less "raw plant" smell. I'd describe it as a somewhat sweet, green plant kind of smell. Not very complex.

This sounds perfect actually thanks!!!!

Fruit
Flower
Wood

Which plant part do you like best Veeky Forums?

Greenery > Flower > Wood >>>>>>>>>> Fruit

Still my favorite.
I like it, women like it and almost nobody even heard of it.

Shit i forgot about leaves.

Just ordered a 1ml sample of Versace Pour Homme. How did I do? What does Veeky Forums think of this fragrance?

Nothing special, but a solid choice.for summer.

>Versace pour homme 30ml €30
>Bvlgari Aqua 30ml €28
>Perry Ellis 360 50ml €30
>Mont Blanc Starwalker 50ml €26

Which one should I (blind) buy? I only have winter frags, London is my favourite.

TOM FORD

GREY VETIVER, I PROMISE IT'S AMAZING

Tbh i've always found montblanc frags a little underwhelming

Not outright bad per se but not worthy of the price

Aqva and Starwalker

Thoughts on pic related?

No problem user.

It's a top five fragrance for me, replacing Guerlain Vetiver. Both are fantastic, and is just a matter of preference for citrus over tobacco.

Anything but gourmand.

You'll just smell very clean.

just bought my first expensive perfume

How do I properly store it?

Cool, dark, dry place like a dresser drawer or a shelf in your closet.

this if you really want to display them though, I think it's ok to keep them out as long as they are in the box and out of direct sunlight

What'd you buy, senpai?

Find something that works for you and stick to it

Dunhill Icon

Avoid direct sunlight and extreme heat, like in the car in summer. Other than that, go to town.

>male
>20 years old
>student, also working as freelancer journalist
>dressing in black/white/gray, standard Veeky Forums
>living in a very warm place, where there's almost no winter
>hundreds of miles away from the sea, so nothing very freshy and beachy
>lower prices and famous brands preferred, as they're easier to find
>looking for something for daily use, also, some clubbing, museums, shows, you get it.
>i have almost no experience with perfumes, but i like weird smells

This is weird, subtle and relatively cheap. Doesn't smell like anything else

also, climate is a bit of mediterranean, without the sea, bit of savannah, like texas maybe;

Minimalist scent coming through

Nice hairline family

Eau d'Italie

I've heard nice things and would not be opposed to blind buying a decanting or sampler tbqh

So, yeah, I know we all wear fragrances for ourselves. I get that. But, I was recently looking at an article that listed scents which increase women's libido and kind of gives them sexual feels. Some listed were:

>lavender
>licorice (like Good and Plenty)
>cucumber
>vanilla
>chocolate
>cinnamon
>citrus scents
>baby powder
>pumpkin pie (best when combined with lavender, apparently)
>peppermint
>ylang-ylang

Are there any decent scents that combine a few of these well? I can see many going together nicely.

>CdG - Play Green
>Bond No. 9 - Wall Street
>CB I Hate Perfume - November
>Montblanc - Individuel
>Lolita Lempicka - Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit
>L'Occitane - Eau des Baux
>ELDO - Tilda Swinton Like This