/cgl/ x Veeky Forums genral

Last one hit 300. There's a chat room somewhere, but threads are comfier.

ITT: we talk about being weebs, and learn about each other's hobbies! After all, they're sister hobbies in a way.

>I find it kind of sad that Veeky Forums has sunk to the level of trying to fuck /cgl/ girls ~Sieg

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0zU8wsiv5GUyX5Eh
discord.gg/0zU8wsiv5GW2Sbly
monoskop.org/images/e/e0/Pierre_Bourdieu_Distinction_A_Social_Critique_of_the_Judgement_of_Taste_1984.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Theres threads are actual super comfy but I swear some of y'all have crazy levels of sexual tension

Remember: this is the official discord

Come on in everyone!!

never thanked based user for finding me a 3d jacket similar to what I was looking for, shouts out to based user

Post some anime fits.

>learn about each other's hobbies
is being a semi-professional jazz musician Veeky Forums

>we talk about being weebs, and learn about each other's hobbies
This shit belongs in /soc/ or /cgl/, not Veeky Forums

No anilame

>discord.gg/0zU8wsiv5GUyX5Eh
invalid or expired :0

lonely virgin teenage boys the thread

>Theres threads are actual super comfy but I swear some of y'all have crazy levels of sexual tension
>lonely virgin teenage boys the thread

Reminder that your web browser is currently accessing Veeky Forums.org

Fixed link.

>Get authentic with your fashion sense and you will get fashionable.
Honestly I think we agree on more things than not, Killy.

>dressing for others
Not sure where you thought I implied that. On the contrary, I believe that a large amount of the reason why people end up dressing up in ways which are unflattering and artificial is because they want to emulate models, cool kids on Veeky Forums, etc to impress the internet or people around them. People around them laff because they dont pull it off as well as the people in the pictures and look like tryhards.

>Dude realize that: There are people who are novices & that they are learning. You don't start good at an style, you get good & make it your own.
Doesn't mean that they can't have more self awareness and common sense to not commit to spending thousands on high fashion clothes to copy inspo pics, only for their style to change.

This being said, I think we can all agree that 'cringe' 'culture' is one of the worst things about this board. Creativity just gets shat on and laughed at. Even if it does look goofy, they're just clothes, man. The only thing I actively dislike seeing is people following what they're inspired by too closely; I'd take a hideous but genuinely creative fit over Kanye West copycats every time

I keep using slp as an example because they're targeted to a very specific type of person and aesthetic which I dont think is very versatile. I'd love to see people pulling off slp in non-heroin chic ways, but I never have.

dude there are face rate threads on this board

these threads have created more discussion about clothing than most other active threads right now

very. Probably one of the most Veeky Forums hobbies there is. What do you play?

glad I could help lonely virgin teenage boys the board
fixed ;^)

>very. Probably one of the most Veeky Forums hobbies there is. What do you play?
Trumpet. I'm just gitting gud and biding my time until I have enough money to move to a larger city

someone please post more pics of /cgl/-tan & Veeky Forums-kun

I actually think it's a cute idea and I wouldn't be opposed to a cgl girl.

Fuck off Killy, you're too scared to even post a fit and have terrible newfag taste.

Knoch is a fashion designer, he's an anomaly and not what anyone but your internet bred ass means when they define style. It's a fundamental fashion sense paired with playful/critical engagement.

Wearing clothing is curation and performance both and it requires intimate understanding of your body, your clothes AND your environment. You really need to get outside more if you think art's reception can be separate from its audience. Lay off the fucking toxic motivational memes.

Also
>taste is subjective
No it's not you fucking idiot. It's clearing a misguided vulgarization of postmodern relativity, convenient for 16 year old girls trying to find confidence in their "individuality," but entirely appropriate for a fucking adult.

God you're one dumb mother fucker. Take a break off the board and read pic related. Here's a pdf, you have no excuse: monoskop.org/images/e/e0/Pierre_Bourdieu_Distinction_A_Social_Critique_of_the_Judgement_of_Taste_1984.pdf

Stop using your name to trick other newfags into eating up your cancerous gospel, you're a such a shit poster.

>Fuck off Killy,
I second this, fuck that sjw.

>tfw scary thunderstorms while trying to sleep

This looks v interesting, will have a proper read of it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see a mash-up of /cgl/ and Veeky Forums tastes, for instance what Veeky Forums would do to this coord to make it more their style, if that makes sense.

word

/thread

nothing, i think it's incredibly cute

gothic lolita is more Veeky Forums's taste

sup nigas we /fagl/ now number nine ss08

hot damn im a soc major too fucker

swidler>bourdieu in explaining culture tho

More colors, more cut and sew. Kinda like what ye did for K and them's outfits form season 3. Keep it traditional but at more flare and flavor. Drop the patterns for solids and mix it up with varying textures, adding lace etc.

that looks like trash desu sorry

Talk shit post fit.

I was thinking "who is the girl second to right?' then i realized...

go on discord, the last waywt pic posted is me

>All black

No creativity. bye.

that wasn't all black.

>fur
>all beige
>bunch of tears
>skintight
yeah, super creative.

I was talking about the variation in texture, cute and fit.

What ever happened to the Veeky Forums+/cgl/ 2015 winter ball?

You know what lowkey you wanna just design dresses and let the girls choose?

what?

Like we draw and design dresses and we let cgl choose which one is the best

hahaha, that would be cute

Do you guys have the ability to draw that well/design dresses that well? This could be real cool

Seagull here, I'd love to see that!

One of the best and only good ideas Veeky Forums has ever had.

well i dont understand lolita basics and stuff yet, so everything id draw would be super minimal lol

Does this help a bit?

>those eyes

I think it's kind of a dead end with that dress unless you're deconstructing it. I'm wondering if the fabric/embroidery could work in a sukajan. Make that the statement piece in a streetwear fit paired with a long skirt. Swap shoes for pink Common Projects. Bucket hat? I dunno.

I don't either and I suggested it.

I think idk mine would be super experimental

seagulls should draw effay fits if we do this

this, id be down if we got some cgl people to draw

>tfw you have no drawing skills

more of this

You should try it anyways, user. Though rare, there are some more experimental variations out there. Opinion is always mixed on them, but that's the point, right?

I did it so I'll explain colorways and everything at my computer

Just realized how recent that picture must be the Make Noise DPO only came out a few years ago

Alright so

A is like one layered drapey ribbon thing that is like a one piece but almost like bows
B is like a stocking like material that's super stretchy and stuff
C is kim K style accents which are found here () and also present on the waist
D are gloves
E Is 3 layers of lace trim, not too in your face but still minimal
F Is a a PVC umbrella with the heart accents like the stockings and will have lace trim (I just forgot to draw the hearts)
G is a fut barret
H are non lacing slip on saddle/dancing shoes that are one solid color
I is the dress but idk how to describe it

The dress and the fur hat will always match depending on the colorway. The colorways would be dusty pink, cream, and black. The kim K section would be the same the material no matter the colorway but would be whiter in the black dress. The stocking heart part would have white hearts in the cream and pink colorways but the in black the hearts would be black. The shoes would be cream, egg shell white or black depending on the color way.

Hopefully this makes sense and I'll clear anything up if need be.

Is the dress the front view or back view?

makes me think
could you make a dress that looks like it was drawn in pencil?
like with an outline and shit

Its the front plz no bully

would be cool if the layers of A had different colors
or different shades of one color like a gradient

WOLOWOLO LIVE IN DISCORD:
>ANSWERING QUESTIONS
>MEMING AROUND

YEAH YEAH YEAH

Ive never drawn clothes before, and I don't really understand lolita but this was fun to draw... Would /cgl/ wear it

is this lolita, effay?

is this lolita effay?

is this effay, lolita?

this is effay. but lolita?

I like this

i love jap designers

Can user still give us the Instagram for this couple?

turk

oh nvm. that's not even chalayan just some rip from some london nobodies. thanks google

If they're both bad how do we pick which is better?

Wait for someone better to make one

Ugh, I was going to do this in Photoshop but opening it bluescreened my PC for some god-forsaken reason. Sorry, my pencil sketches are always messy as hell. I tried to redraw your design, but from a lolita perspective.
> I kept the fur beret, but added a small velvet ribbon to the corner.
> I kept the sheer heart underlay, but changed the V-neck collar to a square collar with criss-crossed neckties.
> I exchanged the draped ribbon for a bow with folded-over edges in a similar fashion.
> Instead of having the puff sleeves cuffed with fur and the sheer heart fabric on the sleeves, I added two layers of lace that match the hem, with sheer black gloves and cuffs in fur.
> I added a sash around the waist tied into a bow, made out of the sheer heart material, with lace edging that matches the turtleneck.
> I changed the skirt to a suitable lolita bell-shape, but kept the scallops and lace trim, adding small velvet ribbons between each scallop.
> Keeping with the ankle socks, I folded down the tops and added lace around the ankle, changing the material to the matching heart fabric.
> I gave her similar looking shoes but with a violin motif, these are actually from the brand Innocent World.
I can also give the other user's drawing a go, if they'd like.

fixed

Only realizing now I fucked up her left hand. God damn it. I guess she's just a mutant.

really wish i could draw rn

as an ex-/cgl/ you Veeky Forums guys would have an easier time converting these girls with stuff that looks like what brands under the Comme des Garcons umbrella produce, like Tao and Tricot. Like this dress could easily be worn in a dark mori-girl co-ord with a cute negligee and a flower basket to carry picnic snacks in. Then my future boyfie could co-ordinate a matching outfit with Nemeth knickerbockers and a drapey Rick shawl or something~

I like it I approve

>tfw i can draw but I don't like lolita shit

Cgl isn't exclusively lolita. Take a look at Elegant Gothic Aristocrat, Otome, Mori girl, Dolly Kei, Cult Party, Visual Kei (and all of it's subgenres), Decora, Fairy Kei, Uchuu Kei, Menhera, Larme, Nanchatte, Gyaru, Neo-gyaru, etc. J-fashion is so diverse there's usually something for everyone~

I've been to /cgl/ a few times, I get that there's alot of different styles but I don't know the difference nor do I really want to learn, I just know some of you can pull it off very well and it's inspiring to see others so passionate about things like that, keep at it, I'll stick to comfy fits and cosplaying vidya

Is alice auaa effay?

Alice Auaa's pretty cool~ I love looking at their older stuff and it's pretty obvious they've taken a few notes from yohji and cdg over the years. Their fabrications are kinda questionable though, I own a blouse by them and it's like wearing a hairshirt.

will you be my gf.

are there actually girls on /cgl/ who are
>not fat
>not ugly
>not insane
because if so i'll take one

fuck you, ill take them instead

why would you say that

here's my attempt

1880s french artillery jacket paired with...

this dolly kei dress. & belgian loafers

user pls.

anyways here's some cute inspo that I think traverses the line between /cgl+fa/ pretty well.

>user pls.

what did she mean by this

This is cute, I'd wear this if I still wore dolly kei.

that's a pretty cool coat

w2c anime watching GF who dresses like fanny rosie in Southern California?

there were a couple socal lolitas that came by earlier.

another

any contact info?

prolly should ask them, but they're in the discord... they come in time to time

Another cute /cgl+fa/ look, pants are yohji

I need a blazer like this. Did ask in w2c threads for some days but no one answered...

Gloverall duffle coat get ready to empty out your bank account