Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums

I'm picking a language for college and can't decide between Russian and French. Which would make more sense to take. (I know Russian is objectively more difficult but I'm thinking in the long run)

In other words, which is more effay?

(pic not related)

french is objectively more effay

this thread is objectively shit btw. please don't forget to sage your replies anons.

french

Russian for sure. If you wanna minor in business as well you'll make $$$

I took Russian. It's a very musical language, and I don't really think it's significantly more difficult than any other language.
All you half to do is learn the alphabet, and that took my literally one night.
Take a language you think will be useful and lucrative.

Why not both?

Your goal can be learn one in short term and the second later.

Also, research before starting studying.

I'm planning to learn some Russian this summer, at least for as long as my attention lasts. I just really like the sound and look of it and there's a pretty sizeable russian/east european population in my area. Besides, all French people are stuck up assholes.

Well Belgians and French-Canadians are cool, though.

Russian cyrilic is NOT difficult. Its very straight forward once you get acquainted with the alphabet. French on the other hand can be pretty fucking tough, lots of shit going on, fucking accents everywhere.

Also, France will be an islamic caliphate within the next 50 years so you should learn Russian to prepare for the future. Europe is on its way out, bud

you can learn cyrillic in like 30 minutes

OP here. I opted with French but I should be able to switch if I want to. I'm playing it safe in a sense because I don't know how college will be for me. I'll look into whether or not I can switch but thank you for all of your input. I appreciate it. Have some Shia.

You can learn it in 30 minutes, but it takes practice, and Russian has a lot of spelling and pronunciation rules that that image doesn't cover.
Plus when you actually speak Russian, it takes a little time get used to rolling every R.

Sure thing, OP.
Be ready for the worst years of your life.

thanks user. one thing i'm looking forward to is a campus job so i can start saving up for sicc fits

Thanks for the infograph

im french and i love my language

you will see that vocabulary won't be that hard since a lot of english words are from french (i.e apartment / appartement, forest / forĂȘt, different / diffĂ©rent etc etc )

however grammar will be a bitch, you will hate it, everyone does, there are a billions rules to follow that even native speakers dont always know about...

>french Canadians
>cool
Look, it's hard to call an entire group anything, but out of all my travels the most asinine french speakers are definitely french Canadians.

is that tosin abasi

Onlh retards that think gosha is cool learn russian

>Besides, all French people are stuck up assholes.

You must think they all wear berets and ride around on velocipedes with baguettes and wine under their arm too? I'm not French but buying into stereotypes is just going full retard

French

the 2 semesters of a language you take in college arent going put you anywhere near actually being able to fucking speak it, so unless you plan on continuing to study this language forever then it doesnt matter in the least.

It turns me tf on when my gf speaks French, i think french is just a very girly language in general or at least it has that ring to it, thats probably why french rap sounds so gay.

I personally would learn russian since it would be more profitable in my country, but it really depends on where you live and in which sector you want to work.

Are you self taught? personally the alphabet was easy for me too, and I can still sound out words in Cyrillic, though I don't know what they mean.

this, was in french immersion for 3 years, can't speak french for shit

what does this have to do with fashion

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH FASHION

No. I took Russian as my college languge requirement.
I personally don't see too much value in trying to pronouce words without actually learning them.
There are so many spelling, pronunciation, and grammer rules in Russian that you're likely not getting anything out of just sounding out the words after a couple days of it.
At least that's how my course went. We only spent one class on the alphabet, and then we were expected to write out words and read them at decent speed.
Also, Russian write in cursive, so don't try to write out words in print.

Well, a language can be Veeky Forums.
Like clothing, a language can be used in a college setting to look cultured and stylish, while in reality, being a pretentious manchild who thinks they can use superficial entities to gain the esteem of the people around them.

I'm aware that there are plenty of normal chill ones, but from my experience meeting actual french people they're more likely to be superficial and rude than your average west coast American. It's just a cultural thing. I'm not buying into stereotypes, but haven't you heard the saying that they exist for a reason?

So... is Spanish or German more effay?

Those are the only two decent departments at the university I'm going to next year.

No answers?

German. Most spoken language in Europe.

german for the bookzz

Okay, thanks!

Yes

is language a fashion accessory now?

>Most spoken language in Europe.

You mean after English right :^)

Is Mandarin Veeky Forums? Pretty easy language (only the characters make it kinda hard), most widely spoken in the world, shares a lot of stuff with japanese.

it was a pain to learn personally, and unless ur really fluent u sound like an ass to chinese people

Write something in russian

I want this for french and spanish

>new alphabet: EAST
>a couple accents: difficult
what?

french is best because french girls think it's cute when you speak in broken french

>french people less assinine than quebecois
confirmed fo rnever having met french and or quebecois people

quebecois are super down to earth and will only be dicks if you're talk shit about quebec and seperation

french people are dicks by default and you have to impress them somehow for them to even acknowledged you.

source: live in montreal and friends with a lot of french people