/watch general/

ITT: we argue about watches

pic related, I just installed a nato strap onto my f91w, going to invert the display next.

Is it le Veeky Forums?

btw the strap was £2, and the casio was £10, so pretty nice

fire

what?

you too

nice b8

that strap and watch combo is fucking hideous. why would you put it on a nato, let alone a bright orange one?

why would I shell out hard earned money (of the taxpayer) to troll?
Blue and orange go together well, nato straps are better quality than the stock straps, and look better too.

Would a dark green strap make you happy?

bazinga

Hey Veeky Forums, My grandfather is gonna be giving me his old Casio DBC 610 from the 1980s like pic related I guess, but it's dead and doesn't have a battery inside + the box/manual is gone. Does anyone know what type of battery these types of Casio watches from the 80s use? I know a few anons have these from the last watch general wanna help out?

you best be jokin

>invert the display
huh?

Who gives a fuck if it's Veeky Forums
If you like it then that's all that matters. Stop asking shit lords on the Internet about this shit.

take it apart and add a polarising filter to the LCD, turns black into white and vice versa
pic related

>£10
you fucked up son, you can get them on ebay for like £4.

Cool strap though, was it hard to remove the og one?

I bought mine off ebay, so I probably paid less than £10.
The old one broke, so I unfolded a paper clip and jammed out the retaining pins

what a total waste of time.
HAY GEUOISE I HAV UNIQUE FILTER BECOS IMUN INDUVIJEWEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Pretty shitty strap, good watch

Loved my f-91w. I wore it till the strap broke and ended up losing it on a hike. Replaced it with this

pic related is an inverted display

very nice, have you thought about a different strap?

how did you invert yours?

Just search the model number and then manual and you'll find a digital one most likely, also look up the ""watch name" battery type." Sexy watch, gonna post mine in the next reply

poo in the fucking loo

My niggas, Casio WR's are slim and sexy.
80's watches = best watches

>have you thought about a different strap?

The stock strap on these is actually pretty nice better than the ones on cheaper Casio's. When this one starts to show sign of breaking i'll prolly use this black nato band I have from an old watch. I'd have to get some adapters though i think.

>how did you invert yours?
Stock from the factory. This model comes in either regular or inverted. There are some good DIY guides on watchuseek tho.

Hey is that gold/red one the same model in pic related just a differnet face colour? I've been wanting to get one ever since I seen this pic.

your pic has 168w, gold gold face, with lumi backlight, user has 158 more likely with garbage micro bulb backlight but superior back gold face.
here is mine tho

>but superior back gold face
huh???

nice watches so far

what the fuck are you doing with your hand?

that's a stock photo you cornhole, if you read the post I say I don't even have the watch yet.

>digital watches

here is my terror watch

>tfw not enough money to afford it.

why did you only invert half of it?
what the fuck is wrong with you
meme-chanical watches are inferior timekeeping devices buddy, only for edgelords like you
which one would you fuck? Make up or no makeup?

Copped for $25, including band

elsa is bae except if i ever met her i wouldn't even shake hands with her

Elsa is a goddess.

what do the letters mean?

what are the functions?

I have no idea and I'm afraid to learn

from my basic understanding of Cyrillic:

Elektronika 5
chak min sec
fuck your pic is blurry
i give up
kvarch
made in ussr

it's pretty cool though, rated

black gold*

i think it looks cool

Would this look good on a nylon strap? I'm looking for something cheap and minimalist with a date window, something I wouldn't mind breaking/losing.

honestly I don't think so, you could try, but I think the shiny metal bits on the strap will look retarded

for some reason I found this hilarious

looks super cool

Where are you from? Canada, US? and whats your price range.

If you are adamant on buying that watch, I will tell you, the build looks okay when you get it, but the actual movement of the watch can go at any point. I wouldn't be paying more than $3-5 for that watch, so if you are about to pay more than $5, do another search of ebay.

Which is better for summer styles?

this eff

its funny how qualtiy cheap watches look so cool IRL

my pic rel curry special just arrived. fits perfectly.

sick

left, right is garbage anytime of the year desu

w2c that's gorgeous

>fossil and timex

buy an invicta you cheap faggot, you pay mroe but the mechanism is so much more reliable

Sorry but i have to agree with
The timex looks gross.

That watch is disgusting senpai desu

does it also cook for you?

Really unsure why you guys are so obsessed with russian made old watches. If I'd wear something like that in my country I'd get decapitated and neutered like an ex commie.

Heres the translation of the writings on your watch Hairy Armed user/
From top to bottom, left to right
Electronica 5
Hours - Minutes - Seconds
Day - Month - Year
(under the number display)
Days of the week from Monday to Sunday
Light - Adjust
Made in the USSR

If you guys have no clue what your russian watch says on the display, I can translate. Pretty bored atm so post some watches.

Here's my 20 year old casio

your watch is 100x sexier than mine

where in the world did you get it?

t. op

I remember this watch.
You was one of the cool kids.
But yet not so cool, like having a watch with tv remote controll.

Not adamant on that one, but I was looking for some Chinese crap that works on a nylon band. Something like a Daniel Wellington but without paying the idiot tax, and with a date display.
It's about $10 shipped from China on ebay. I live in the EU, so shipping is pretty murderous from any other place than China.

w2c

My father gave me this a couple of years ago for graduating, and I've been less shy about wearing it lately after a couple of people commented on it. What does Veeky Forums think? I might try to find a new strap for it, the current one is ostrich leather and is beautiful, but it's getting a bit worn, and a brown leather strap might be nice with some of my fits too.

Here's a stock photo of it, a much better pic of the watch itself.

I want to buy it to wear with my suits, and equip a brown band with it.

For some reason this particular watch is always presented with a black leather strap.

Wouldn't it also look great with a dark brown strap or am I missing something?

Seems rather annoying to read the time on.

Not sure what you mean by that.

Ignore the actual watch but do you think this transparent strap would look good on someone with brown skin?

those straps always discolour and look absolutely_disgusting.jpg, regardless of skintone

ahh ok thanks

was gonna pull the trigger but I was kinda thinking it wouldn't go to well.

copped this one yesterday for 13€

girl watch

wristlet here. I just bought a field watch with a nylon strap. The strap is a little too long. At the moment I have the excess tucked back under a the straps, which doesn't look as terrible as it sounds, but is still awkward. Best way to trim the strap? I'll post pics later

mate, that's what you're MEANT to do. I have mine folded under too, which is how it's meant to be worn

t.op

Anyone got an Apple Watch? Thinking of copping

Good to know. I'm obviously clueless when it comes to watches

expanding in this, any tips for which strap colour goes with different skin tones?

got mine on a black NATO strap. Looks better IMO. I got the strap for a quid and the watch for £3, both off eBay.

>why would you put it on a nato

rubber straps are sweaty in hot weather. and the NATO strap looks better.

Cool watch Ahmed

Model?

something that is close to a lighter skintone like beige and punk could pop nicely on darker skin pic related.
excuse the disgusting thick writs

assalamu alaykum

GW-5510-1BJF
I had it imported from Japan

I like it a lot, expensive as fuck though (if it's genuine)

stock photo too lazy to take and actual picture.

I also have this too

do it anyway, please.

I've never seen this breitling before

Here

I wanted a digital watch that told me the day of the week and the month and day in addition to the time, without being overly designed or cluttered.

oh that's pretty, nice watch user.

Thanks I like it because it doesn't look like a typical Breitling

true! breitlings can be a bit gaudy sometimes, saw a guy wearing one today that I would never get.
Yours on the other hand...

I don't know why people find digital watches attractive.

A Russian special forces Vostok Amfibia with after-market NATO strap in black and red to match the face colors. Excellent automatic watch and a steal at $100. Was used in space in 2 separate Russian Soyuz runs.

Should i pull the trigger and treat myself?

sarb is always worth the money, so yes you should

Looks great, MVMT - right? I love the black .. got a "black" watch myself. I'm a shitphotographer so stole a pic of mine

thoughts on daniel wellington?

nice design but overpriced as hell, also a lot of people own one
you can get way more unique minimalist watches for less