Shopping formalwear in london

Hey guys. I'll be in London for a week in late june and I'm looking to spend quite some money, for studentfag standards, for some timeless pieces.

Definitely looking to cop a wool winter suit, hopefully a three-piece if I find something in my size (6'4", 210lbs, 15% bf). Outerwear is also a target, but nothing too trenchcoat-ish.

To the point, what I'm looking for is suggestions for stores that are budget-friendly and have a relatively high quality of clothing.

Pic-related, something that has caught my eye but I'm looking for more suggestions. Already got a navy blue wool suit.

bump

The shops they have in London that they don't have anywhere else aren't budget friendly.
Check out department stores like House of Fraser if there's a sale on and try and find a 100% woollen suit, partially canvassed or T.K. Maxx

Could you make a list of those that you remember and can recommend?

It would still be a hell lot more than those I've got in my hometown

John Lewis
BHS(It's going into liquidation or accounting or something, should have a sale on)
Debenhams
Selfriges(If there's a sale on)
Charles Tyrwhitt(Usually have a sale on)
Moss Bros
T.M. Lewin
Slaters

Jermyn Street

Thanks guys, I'll check those out online, more suggestions welcome

All the suggestions you got here already are top shit, you want David Saxby in Fulham. OTR and MTM tweed and various, plus quality vintage tailoring.

bampe

My fav Ermenegildo Zegna custom they feel amazing.

OP says he's on a budget
>Look at these shops that I know that are out of your price range, I'm better than you!

Most of BHSs suits suck just so you know.

Savile Row,even if you dont buy shit there get a good look around and take a peek in Gieves and Hawkes,Huntsman etc and see top tier suits
wont recommend going full bespoke unless you're ready to go to London again for measuring sessions

You five-cent whore, it's *because* he's on a budget he should check out Saxby/Old Hat. I bought a pre-merger Gieves suit there used once, looked like new, top tier quality, did not pay anything even remotely like Savile Row new prices. Even if he can't afford anything there it's worth a visit just to check out a shop that isn't just plastic high street presentation but has some personal character.

bompus

Savile Row. Otherwise, go literally anywhere, because there's not going to be much distinction between stores you can find in London and stores you can find in the US.

How's moss for suits?

It's better than Sparks or the other department stores. Not as good as anything high end obviously.

For a budget in terms of bang for your buck, Marks and Spencer's suiting isn't bad. Jermyn Street is worth a look, with TM Lewin, Charles Tyrwhitt and the like.

Assuming that the Row is out of your pricerange (though it's definitely worth a visit), you could check out the 2nd hand shops in the richer parts of town.

To be honest though, below the top level, English suits aren't going to blow your mind. Have you considered getting some good shoes instead? Somewhere like Crockett & Jones is better than most. They've got a store on Jermyn Street too.

>check out the 2nd hand shops in the richer parts of town.
Got some names/addresses for these?

Chelsea, Mayfair, Hampstead, any of the Oxfams/Cancer Research places could work out.

One specific shop that's pretty well-known for rich locals' cast-offs is the British Red Cross shop on Old Church Street, Chelsea. There's also Hornets not far away in Kensington, which does more formal stuff.

If thrifting is your thing, then East London may be your best bet. There are quite a few in the Brick Lane/Shoreditch area. East End Thrift Store/Rokit/Beyond Retro... These are moving more towards general/vintage though, as opposed to suits.

Thanks

>210 lbs

Camden has quite a few thrift stores, the area has definitely been moving away from the 'alternative' image in the last few years

It's been a while since I've been to Camden, other than the Blues Kitchen every now and then. Any specific places to look out for?