/tweed/

What does Veeky Forums think about tweed?

It's a great outdoors material, fine for preppy style and unlike a normal woolen suit jacket, you can wear it with anything and it doesn't look forced. I also live is Scotland so I get Harris, Islay, Donegal etc Tweed very easily and cheaply.
pic was taken in the Highlands. The jumper is an Aran one and the tie is Lochcarron

the jacket is dutch tweed on that picture
saving up for this right now

I like the kind of tweed that has the multi color flecks in it.

I have this flatcap and I swear when I have to wait around for someone with this in my hand, I can spend minutes just looking for various colours. It's grey from the distance, blue from up close, but if you look hard enough, you'll find yellow, bright red, green, black, white, all kind of colour. The secret is that they dye the wool before spinning and therefore they can mix call kinds of colours liberally.

ummmm excuse me
are those jackets DARTED?

Where's the button down collar on them shirts?
HMNNNN????

H A R A M

I have this jacket

>What does Veeky Forums think about tweed?
Tweed's the best desu
Not exactly the season for it now though. And it has to be the proper stuff, not that thin fashion shit with no weight to it that city oafs get sportcoats in.

I hope that picture isn't of you as it fits quite badly, you might be able to get it adjusted by a tailor so it fits properly, but it might also be too big to salvage

What? Not even him, you seem to be retarded or blind. Sleeve length is good, skirt length is good, waist's fitted, shoulder's not perfect but decent.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is how he's keeping it closed with no buttons.

>The only thing that doesn't make sense is how he's keeping it closed with no buttons.
Wait, I'm also retarded, this was obviously taken *at a fitting*, even as his tailor makes the coat. However this makes you a doubletard and a waste of trips.

It's really not big. The skirt is actually very fitted and I like a bit of drape on the chest.

You are correct, it is a fitting. What do you think is bad about the shoulders? What shoulders would look better on me? (Ignore the shirt and shoos, I know the pants are a little long but that will get fixed)

>What do you think is bad about the shoulders?
They just looked a touch wide to me, but ignore that, I guarantee your tailor knows his shit better than me. #1 Veeky Forums advice: don't take the word of some Veeky Forums rando over a tailor's.

Look at the shoulders they're so boxy

>he still insists
Just accept that you know nothing and are retarded.

those trousers don't fit. they are way to long.

>I know the pants are a little long but that will get fixed
>those trousers don't fit. they are way to long.
What is it with this thread and terminal retardation anyway
Is this secretly Iron Lung General?

I have a little tweed myself.

Is it vintage? Looks 70s.

I'm pretty sure it is actually, however I couldn't tell you exactly when its from.

The wide lapels, long skirt and high shoulders make it look like a 70s piece. Could be wrong doe.

you all look dumb its 2016

Ayyy das gude