Veeky Forums x /cgl/

Costanza coord edition

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/search/いたい
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i wud fuk her so fuklen hard rn nt even kidding T B H

>Moot changed the rules, it was a topic of debate... Resulted in janitors quick to delete if they thought it wasn't j-fashion enough. Now the focus has to be j-fashion or lolita, and not enough posters wear it daily/have thick enough skin to post, so threads made nowadays die quickly.
this sounds like a historical war report. /cgl/ has a dark, dark history.

that's pretty regrettable though, what's even the point in a clothing board if you can't post yr clothing in it

>t-three second rule?
well I dropped it as I was walking and stepped on it straight after by mistake. It quickly became a not-so-cute pastry

>You can have a sweets based print and be carry it off in a demure way, and that will be seen as sweet.
who wears chocolate prints and tries to be demure with it

surely if you're going as far as chocolate prints you might as well just go all out

>I've always found pastels to be trickier
w-why? Surely one of the easiest colour palettes, especially in summer. Veeky Forums even coined a super innovative trend called 'palewave', which is literally just wearing pastels (they look like dweebs and just post the same ~10 pics in their threads every day, and say things like "w2c light jeans" and "cop or not Stan Smiths")

>Yeah you do stack up petticoats- I've stacked three at most, some other lolitas I've known do four. This isn't just for day to day unless you want ultimate poof 24/7.
do all the petticoats poof in different places then? That'd make sense. The only reason I'm having trouble getting this is because of my poor understanding of how they even work, your sticky is useless if you have my lolita ignorance lvls

What would happen if you used 5? Or 6? Do you just get puffier or would that not work for any reason? Also how do you not knock things over all the time when puff'd?'

>I'm trying my best to learn from you guys ;_;
what're you asking/trying to learn in particular?

>dude Raf is my neighbour and will see him this summer here in Belgium during runaway show,saying famous only for putting R on shoes is pretty cringy..
does him being ur neighbor make him more famous? you a famous rapper that wears Ozweegos or smth?
>"oh fuck man, I totally blanked on it... and adidas want the final design by today? oh shit... uhhh okay, err put an 'R' in holes on the side and paint it orange" - Raf Simons

Anyone from San Diego here? There is a "Harajuku/Japanese Fashion Walk" even going on today and was thinking of going. The Facebook page makes it seem like it will mostly be girls dressed in lolita, but it might be fun to attend.

I'd be elated if I saw someone dressed in Yohji or CDG, but I don't know if anyone else in SD is into Japanese designer fashion.

>moot
Who?

Speaking of work wear, how does Veeky Forums deal with balancing work and fashion? I mean, what if there is a uniform involved?

>It quickly became a not-so-cute pastry
RIP cute pastry

>who wears chocolate prints and tries to be demure with it
Maybe demure is the wrong word? Brown is not a very loud colour. It is possible to wear a sweet print without being OTT

> w-why? Surely one of the easiest colour palettes
I know I'm picking on Angelic Pretty, but they're the easiest example- their shades of lavender can vary in every fucking release. It must be quite annoying. Online, it is difficult to discern various shades of pastel, so it is more of a gamble.

>mfw when my blacks don't match, why live

palewave looks pretty cute though!!

>do all the petticoats poof in different places then?
yes- A-line pettis flare out at the bottom, bell-shaped pettis have a rounder shape. I'm sorry if I'm crap at describing, but lolita-tips' FAQ on tumblr gives a very good rundown for beginners.

>what're you asking/trying to learn in particular?
I'm just trying to get to know the board- always found it interesting how people break down fashion and why they wear particular styles. I'm picking up things (terminology, trends, styles) along the way

Good luck user! I'm sure there will be a few ouji, aristo and visual kei guys?

>There are people who unironically don't know who moot is

>"oh fuck man, I totally blanked on it... and adidas want the final design by today? oh shit... uhhh okay, err put an 'R' in holes on the side and paint it orange" - Raf Simons
giggling

I-I didn't know whether it was bait or not

Summer really is in full swing

Well, you wear it, if it's a nice uniform and it's an interesting job or something that you're passionate about. Will look natural on u. For example, military ppl usually look great in military uniforms. If it's a shitty retail job or something else with a shitty uniform, then it's pretty difficult to look good in for sure, but I mean >working a shit job with mandatory shit uniform

>RIP cute pastry
Just want to forget. Heart burning with guilt. Mate asked me while I was looking down in the dumps, nearly snapped at him even though its not his fault ffs.

>Brown is not loud. Its possible to wear a sweet print without being OTT
got u. That Costanza dress is pretty much a chocolate print

>shades of lavender can vary
googled 'angelic pretty lavender' and see what you mean

There are probably some examples for this in our clothes too, cant think of any right now though. Quite a few brands have really inconsistent/irregular sizing, is this a problem for gulls? Since you all buy stuff mostly online and cant try on to see how things fit

>palewave looks pretty cute
yeah it does, especially in summer. Still pretty derivative, and there's pretty little you can do with it (imo)

It probably arose as a reaction to the super basic all-black fits that were super saturated a year or two ago. 90s revival and w/e is definitely not bad as far as mainstream trends go, we've had much worse

this tumblr faq is dece, thanks
>black and white is hard to pull of in Lolita world
this is like a parallel universe

>I'm just trying to get to know the board
trying to the same with /cgl/ but it's pretty much a different language

does "ita" literally just mean "shit"?

>why they wear particular styles
lots of people experiment and change their look v often because riding trends etc is fun. Only a minority have a real 'aesthetic' that they stick with for a long time, and it often resonates with their lifestyle/personality if that's the case

good pic this.

who?

THIS

>does "ita" literally just mean "shit"?
that made me laugh. AFAIK 'ita' means 'ouch'. As in, ouch, your fashion sense is so bad it hurts my eyes.

>Just want to forget
ok, I won't trigger you m8

>see what you mean
more annoying when taobao brands advertise something to be black, only to be a really dark grey/green

>Quite a few brands have really inconsistent/irregular sizing, is this a problem for gulls?
Yeah it seems to be a problem for a lot of people- I mean, when release previews come out and you want to make a reservation with your SS, it is pretty much a gamble as to whether it is going to fit or not. There is no standard. Even with shirred items, some lolitas still find it not consistent. Brands have made it more accessible though, with busts that go up to 100cm- although that's still not enough for some. Only one size available too.

I don't usually look at measurements- I'm a UK 4 so no issues.

>Still pretty derivative, and there's pretty little you can do with it (imo)
>arose as a reaction to the super basic all-black fits
Is it limited because it is derivative from the all-black over saturation, or is it the way it's supposed to be? Completely the opposite in lolita.

>this is like a parallel universe
haha that's true- it's just that it's a bit risky for newbies to know what is good and what isn't- but once experience sets in, it definitely becomes better. Especially for oldschool lolita.

>Only a minority have a real 'aesthetic' that they stick with for a long time, and it often resonates with their lifestyle/personality if that's the case
I guess we have a fair amount of fame whores in the community, who try and ride the wave of whatever is popular.
There are some lifestyle lolitas, although they are a bit rarer. As for me, my lifestyle doesn't fit into the lolita aesthetic, but looking at my wardrobe, there is a definite trend I stick to, colour-wise.

Gull here, I'm in in the exact inverse situation. I have a male friend/former coworker who would likely would fit right in Veeky Forums, and I have suggested it to him as a resource, but because it's Veeky Forums he wants to stay far away. I feel it's a bit of a shame, as his job is well-paid and he thus can afford buying (and does buy) from a lot of the brands that Veeky Forums discusses. His build, hair, and haggard face with high cheekbones makes him look exactly like Veeky Forums-kun, too. But his job already comes with seeing lots of online vitrol about the company, so it'll probably be better for his mental health to not venture into Veeky Forums at all.

When we were still coworkers, we gossiped with each other when a coworker appeared in a public youtube video with both buttons on his jacket fastened, and again when the company announced collab clothing items which were downright fugly. We continue sharing our hauls after online releases, or whenever we nabbed a dream piece after months/years of searching secondhand sites. When he told me one of his socks with a small red logo bled into his favorite white shirt, I threw every piece of advice I knew about laundering white fabric exposed to red dye, since I had already gone through the same hellish experiences with a few of my burgundy lolita dresses.

Obviously not speaking for Veeky Forums here, but from my observations of my male friend, on casual Fridays he'd try to integrate one statement piece in with the rest of his work outfit. For example, a Supreme tee with a black blazer and black skinny jeans.

Off-topic, but maybe not given the tone of these threads: this male friend is a bachelor in his 30s, so I would love to try hooking him up with one of my lolita friends in the same age range as him. But there's just not that many single, monogamous, straight/bi lolitas in their 30s in the local lolita comm to begin with.

>that pic
sweating

yukine for king of comfy-wear on Veeky Forums for /cgl/ posts...

Questions for Veeky Forums:

If you are familiar with lolita substyles, which substyle(s) do you like best, and why? I imagine military lolita and gothic lolita would be most popular, as they seem "closest" to modern fashion, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

What makes you think that he would like a lolita gf? Is it something he said himself (if so, what?), or have you figured it out yourself?

>military lolita

that's the first time ive ever heard that... i enjoy sweet lolita a lot, it's really cute and all but classic and gothic (arguably) are the easiest to wear in public, and are the most 'functional' if you understand what i mean.

i also feel like gothic lolita fits Veeky Forums's general style too, with all the edgy black stuff. probably would look good with yohji fits and whatnot.

it's honestly hard for me to say which one i like best, since they all have their own unique style to them... if a gun were pointed to my head and i were forced to choose which one is my favorite i'd probably pick classic.

Daily remainder that this is considered 10/10 in UK

It's not as widespread, very much like sailor lolita and pirate lolita.

Metamorphose (japanese brand) once released a very controversial series which was very reminiscent of nazi german uniforms. It was called 'dark secret' I think. Another hard to find dress.

If that pic that I replied to is military lolita then I like it a lot. And it's not surprising that Japan would make a Nazi inspired dress, because Japan was allies with Nazi Germany in ww2 in the first place, and they don't really mind swastikas much there either.

Pirate lolita just sounds bad. Sailor sounds cute.

I wish there were a space lolita. That sounds hilarious t b h

L M A O

not him but are you saying Raf is just famous for his adidas collaboration?? Anyway what do i expect from these toothless chav scum with an IQ of majestic 80 who act like subhuman literally everywhere...Hope you all get raped by paki mercilessly..

>the state of American ""banter""

>you will never die in a place called Nutty Putty Cave
forgetting the purpose of living in the first place

>that made me laugh. 'ita' means 'ouch'
do nippons say "ita" when they get hurt?

>annoying when taobao brands advertise something to be black, only to be a really dark grey/green
I can relate especially when buying things used and they have inaccurate descriptions. Also
>Taobao
that's mostly for reps and fakes on Veeky Forums, didn't know it is used commonly for actual coords (unless ur big on reps)

>it is pretty much a gamble as to whether it is going to fit or not
this sounds horrid unless it's easy to resell

>I'm a UK 4 so no issues
cute!!! But what if you're abnormally short or tall? Do lanky lolitas have a bad time?

>Is it limited because it is derivative from the all-black over saturation, or is it the way it's supposed to be?
I meant as in most 'palewave' looks the same. i.e people copying Theo le good photography man.

It's basically just a comfy summery colour palette with natural fiber fabrics, it's pretty much meant to be unassuming and simple. Just a meme word to describe chilled out fits really

What I meant of it in relation to black fits is that lots of trends are usually based around black. Most of these looks aren't even similar due to different silhouettes/textures/general vibes. My theory is that 90s revival is so huge right now because past trends (especially black ones) have looked so srs, so ppl wanted to be ironic and fun instead.

Of course the problem with such anti-fashion fashion trends is it means you have now have huge amounts of Instragramfriends trying hard to not look like tryhards, which is cringy in itself (hope this lil ramble makes sense)

>Completely the opposite in lolita
how so?

>ride the wave of whatever is popular.
is there any underlying theme in what's popular right now, aside from specific brands like Angelic Pretty?

lunar-lolita WHEN

did you get this from sickipedia mate

haha memes...

>being edgy to cover up your crippling lack of humour

Who fucking cares?It is well known fact that nobody like British here in western and northern Europe...Hope Brexit happen soon...

Veeky Forums and /mu/ are best friend not /cgl/

>uhhh okay, err put an 'R' in holes on the side and paint it orange

>But what if you're abnormally short or tall? Do lanky lolitas have a bad time?

5'10 classic lolita here. lol yes. It's very hard to find dresses that fit. Luckily a lot of classic styles come in two different lengths, the long version of dresses is usually the tea length version.
Sometimes I luck out, as long as the dress is around 100cm in length it should fit.

Gothic ofc.

How can you tell when they wear burkhas all the time?

>do nippons say "ita" when they get hurt?
I've no idea, it is probably colloquial speech anyway. In the western comms that is used as a noun (ita-chan) and as an adjective (ita)

>that's mostly for reps and fakes on Veeky Forums, didn't know it is used commonly for actual coords (unless ur big on reps)
not fond of print replicas, but taobao brands have really flourished in these past few years, even if they did start as replica outlets. Some of their releases have become super popular, although it is arguable to say that they can compare to brand. My favourite taobao brand is Krad Lanrete, and it is a good example of great quality goods and incredibly bad costumer service (they tried to set up a UK office, only to offer the same goods at inflated prices and virtually no costumer service). I've had my order being delayed by 5 months. Shoes are also pretty good, as brand shoes tend to look good but not worth the price.

>this sounds horrid unless it's easy to resell
It's what a lot of girls do! shirring doesn't always stretch as the measurements state.

>Do lanky lolitas have a bad time?
As other user said, tea length dresses are a life saver. Alternatively, underskirts are pretty good. They are worn over petticoats, but under the dress.

> unassuming and simple
you see, pastels are so much more in lolita- they can make or break a coord. you can mix and match them in different ways, and it is all about balance. I colour coordination has greater importance in lolita?

>have huge amounts of Instragramfriends trying hard to not look like tryhards
I guess it works with lolita as well, to an extent. There's only so much you can do before people call you a try hard ita.

> is there any underlying theme in what's popular right now
for those who really want to stand out; OTT classic is probably one of the big ones. Some don't like it because it blurs the line between lolita being a fashion and a costume

you sussed me out user :^(

>Buy Costanza clothes
>They shrink in the wash

The Japanese verb is いたい(itai).
>jisho.org/search/いたい
Used to say something hurts, like 頭が痛い([atama ga itai] my head hurts).

Japanese lolita's came up with the term from the word lolita ([ロリータ] roriita) and itai (いたい).
Ita (emphasis is on -ta) can be used by average Japanese people in the same type of circumstances you'd use it if for instance you stubbed your toe (it's a shortened version of itai).

Lolita is the diminutive for Lola which is colloquial way to call someone named Dolores (like the girl in the famous novel). in Spanish adding -ita after a female noun makes it a diminutive.

I think /cgl/ just found itself at the end of a funny coincidence.

didn't know about the name origin, nice.
the fashion and the novel share names. hardly anything new, and i mostly avoid using 'lolita' to people outside the fashion because of it.
it's more annoying than funny because it attracts all sorts of creeps to wear the fashion, and is also why we can be seen as reclusive.

cavers absolutely mental

Because he bitches to me about how forever alone he is. He likes looking at gothic pieces from MMM, Atelier Boz, and Putamoyo. He is also a light closet weeb, which a lot of lolitas are (usually such interests are under wraps at lolita comm meetups, and for good reason; it's a fashion meetup and not an anime/manga meetup). If he continues to refuse event invitations through this summer, I'll stop inviting him altogether.

There are tons of bad pirate lolita attempts. A few good ones exist. Newbies are attracted to it but think that adding a tricorn hat to any coord will suffice.

Sailor lolita takes design inspiration from Japanese school uniforms, so you are right that it is cute. Here's an example from Innocent World. It's not the same as nanchatte, as the petticoat-powered silhouette and skirt length still make it lolita.

There isn't space lolita, though the closest lolita substyle could be cyber lolita, which is terrible. It's one of those experimental substyles that looks "meh" on paper, and emulating it in real life makes an outfit that should be burned in a fire.

Uchuu-kei is a branch-off of fairy-kei with a space theme, you might like that.

I actually went and it was pretty chill. I just went to take some photos though.

Also, a friend of mine bought me a kimono but I never really figured out how to put it to use, any ideas?

>any ideas?
be asian

How do I do this

>I've had my order being delayed by 5 months
nearly as long as it took me to reply to this, pmsl. sorry

I actually don't mind long shipping times. Random parcels that you'd forgotten about suddenly arriving is a good feel.

>Tea length dresses are a life saver
are they actually cut for taller people, or are they just meant to be longer skirts but still for femlets? Because that's a problem sometimes with abnormal-height people on here, especially for shirts/suiting. Just looks off in a hard to explain way

>underskirts are pretty good
How do they help? Are they meant to be visible?

>colour coordination has greater importance in lolita
This might be the case in that I'd think it would be harder work loud colours/intentionally jarring colour combinations in lolita. Perhaps since they're usually more pattern based than what Veeky Forums usually wears?

>try hard ita
is this basically 'fuccgirl' in seagull speak

>Some don't like it because it blurs the line between lolita being a fashion and a costume
see I usually find most lolita quite costume-y. I figured you sort of wore it on your sleeves more than us

ayy

you went from making him sound really cool to whiny NEET in two posts lmao

>I have a male friend/former coworker who would likely would fit right in Veeky Forums, and I have suggested it to him as a resource
Veeky Forums is seriously not a good 'resource'. Not saying that to be self-deprecating, it's genuinely a pretty hostile and useless place in general. You should maybe redirect him to Styleforum or something, those guys are alright.

>There isn't space lolita, though the closest lolita substyle could be cyber lolita, which is terrible. It's one of those experimental substyles that looks "meh" on paper, and emulating it in real life makes an outfit that should be burned in a fire.
this made me laugh, any pics?

why not both?

>Hope Brexit happen soon..
got some bad news for you lid, we're staying in

this is actually what I'd expect roughly, aside from
>Veeky Forums that fucking high
>that much of a difference between Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums - would think would be roughly the same
where do you think Veeky Forums would land, assuming this chart is real and not just memes? I'd guess 2nd maybe

Soooo how many lolitas are into bdsm

I agree those are the most mainstream looking, but they also appeal to my personal aesthetic the most out of all the Lolita styles. I just don't find people dressed like brightly colored babies attractive, where as these styles can look more mature.

The really early style was also charming, when the dresses were very simple and minimal. I'm having trouble finding pictures of what I'm referring to, unfortunately.

im not a gull m8. Probably most if not all tho

Hard to say on the whole, we keep the fashion and whatever we get up to in private very separate. Any lolita who publicly does so in their comms are shamed and made fun of on various sites (especially when minors are present).

People are into a fashion which promotes modesty and innocence, so these things don't fit into that. It's fine to have kinks, but no one needs to know.

Dresses are expensive, I wouldn't like to ruin them.

LAYERING

how2layer a kimono

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

use it as outerwear
Kimono-hime is a style that plays with kimono a lot.

Gouk is a tacky Japanese punk brand that also uses kimono.

But I'm a guy I don't think I can do the kimono-hime style.

use it for inspo you enormous faggot
experiment
try new things
not every coord has to be cookie cutter or brand

only interesting part of fa is rog
and even that isnt that much

I didn't think of it like that, thanks fag.

oh yeah the techwear thread too

Here's some street snaps using kimonos.

I feel like they've been very popular in the west as well, so I'm surprised it's not more of a thing on Veeky Forums? They're great for that drapey look you guys like.

>I actually don't mind long shipping times
shipping times are usually fine- EMS and Airmail are decent from Japan, China and Korea in my experience. My delay was due to the production process, which I can understand to an extent, the dress had several types of lace, trimming, charms/buttons and fabric material.

>are they actually cut for taller people
not particularly, most tea length dresses have the same bodice measurements- the skirts are longer

>How do they help? Are they meant to be visible?
in lolita, dresses should preferably be at approx knee length- if a dress is too short, underskirts are basically longer skirts that go under the dress, giving the illusion that the dress is longer. The more they mesh into the dress the better. Yes, they are visible.

>it would be harder work loud colours/intentionally jarring colour combinations in lolita
Yeah I mean, it is usually colours which compliment each other- brands like Meta will break the rule from time to time.

>Perhaps since they're usually more pattern based than what Veeky Forums usually wears?
Prints are huge in lolita. Could mean the difference between a dress being valued at £100 or £1000 on the second hand market.

>'fuccgirl' in seagull speak
sometimes fame whore. Aren't we a bunch of lovelies?

>see I usually find most lolita quite costume-y.
costumes are worn to re-enact another individual. It stops being a costume when you wear it because it suits you.

>inb4 'does that mean I can wear a fancy dress costume and still say that is me???'
sure, you do you, it just means you have a debatable sense of fashion

No UKIP dress found on the internet, I have failed you…

It's ok for the delay, hope you've had a good weekend :)

gross over-estimation m8

pics pls user!!

Pictures of the Harajuku event in SD?

I meant the kimono you got given s-sorry

Daijoubu, There's pretty bad lighting but I'll get a picture up in a few.

Here's the kimono that was given to me

and then something I tried to do.

and my cat, 'cause he got in the shot.

what is this magic
where did the other half go? am I stupid?

I just folded the other half inward to make it like haori sorta thing and just tucked it in.

>not posting the superior edit

Good morning

The kimono looks pretty good user!!
Tucking the kimono in definitely looks better, but what about just wearing it loose?

I don't know how much sewing experience you have, but you could modify the sleeves and the length to suit you.

Agreeing with what other anons said, some layering would definitely give it a more modern feel. If anything you want to avoid looking like a weeb.

Cute cat m8.

Wait.. a minute

This... actually looks pretty cool. Still weird to the point where you'll have trouble rocking it but it's definitely aesthetically pleasing. If you're attractive, you can wear this

cerri why r u on Veeky Forums wtf

Veeky Forums why do you hate colour and feminine clothes?

I always thought about posting in your WAYWT threads but you shit on anything that isn't 90s teencore or weird minimalism shit. And if a girl posts that doesn't do either the minimalist shit or all black they don't get taken seriously.

How

Newfag here who is she?

What?

Thanks.

I have no sewing experience so I'd have to get someone to do it. Would I have to go to a Japanese tailor or something to get it done? I would assume so.

I'll look to see what I can layer. Is there a site that's dedicated to Japanese Fashion? So I can pick some inspo off there too.

Lurk more these are awful

Thanks for the advice, friend.

Is Anzu effay

Agree with the other user, try wearing it loose for some extra dimension. And as for
> Is there a site that's dedicated to Japanese Fashion
What do you think /cgl/ is for? :^) There are sometimes kimono threads that you can browse through, none right now, but you can always look into the archives. TokyoFashion is also good if you want to see street snaps, and there are plenty of tumblr blogs dedicated to the aesthetic.

Lolita looks so dumb and I hate the fake dainty personalities that come with it. I've witnessed two public lolita gatherings and both were just disgusting.

Fuck off

She needs better wigs.

that make up is really shitty

No chunky wings look good, especially for someone of her completion.

Her fit seems great.

You're wrong.
Color is so-so here. Feminine clothes are loved. Do you think we are conservatives? That's insulting.

>Agree with the other user, try wearing it loose for some extra dimension

Loose as like a coat, or loose as in loosen it up from tucking it in?

I feel like /cgl/ is catered more to Lolita and cosplay rather than actual J-fashion, not that Lolita isn't but yeah.

I'll look into the archives and others you listed.

Are you okay?

Fuck off this board ugly bitch

If you can find a Japanese tailor, that would be pretty good, but anyone who knows what they're doing is good enough. You're going to wear this in an unconventional way, so why be conventional about the cut? :^)

Wear it out, and loose. It looks pretty long, I think if it were a bit shorter, it could frame your outfit (fit? Coord? Who knows) much better. From what I've seen from other modern kimonos, there are usually slits across the side of the garment, to allow the wearer more movement and to make it more casual. Some things to think about!

/cgl/ is female dominated in terms of jfashion. Some places to check out:
Tokyosnaps
Style-arena (you can look up snaps based on gender, season, keyword)
Tokyofaces
Japanesestreets
Froitas (tumblr)
Fuckyeahdroptokyo (tumblr)
Tokyofashion (tumblr)
...enjoy!!

A lot of these are street fashion, as it is very prominent in Japan. Look for the men's tag to see male fashion.

closed the FUCKING tab, having to rewrite this post, want death

>those shoes
>those edge-kimonos

>I'm surprised it's not more of a thing on Veeky Forums?
we have the occasional thread. People in them usually look bad, prolly because kimonos have such a stigma of nippon-ness that it makes it difficult for whitey to pull off. You usually just look like you're paying a visit to ur Japanese relatives. Not saying it cant b cool

lmao

>hope you've had a good weekend :)
thanks user!!! I hope you did too, was comfy

>The more they mesh into the dress the better. Yes, they are visible.
wouldn't this look weird if it was anything but the exact same shade of the skirt? Something similar-but-not-quite-the-same poking out the bottom of a dress sounds pretty /ita/

>costumes are worn to re-enact another individual. It stops being a costume when you wear it because it suits you.
of course, we had a similar discussion briefly a couple days ago. I just feel like it's pretty difficult to not look costume-y. Like how it's so difficult to wear full Takashi Miyashita The Soloist without looking like you're wearing a Pirates of the Caribbean costume. I probs just haven't seen enough good coords from the Closet of Frills thingy and such

>No UKIP dress found on the internet
got hopes up zzz

>gross over-estimation m8
unconvinced :^)
"How the fuck do they look at cute frilly dresses and instantly associate it to sex still bewilders me t b h" ~cgl

trousers are a shit

otherwise actually a pretty cool kimono even if I dont think it's working that well in these fits. Try again with a softer trouser/shoe combo, layer as others have said, play it off like its no big deal

DOPE ASS cat

might cop some massive £10 vintage kimono from ebay and mess around with it

is this even /cgl/?

post fit

>closed the FUCKING tab, having to rewrite this post, want death
I knwo that feeling user-san-pai, I feel your pain.

>softer trouser/shoe combo
what does this mean

I meant that the bottom half looks like you want to stomp on people and bash skulls, while the top half looks like you want to eat sushi while u meet ur japanese gf's family

kimonos are deffo versatile enough to wear in different ways (pic related) but it doesnt really work here imo

The post I made is pretty weak in comparison, honestly. I was frustrated so I didn't let my posting prose flow naturally.