Techwear/Cyberpunk/Dystopian Future General General

Post your inspiration, relevant brands and individual garments, fit pics, cool Tumblr and Instagram pages, questions, and any discussions about the aesthetic.
All aspects of the aesthetic are welcome.

>What is Techwear?
Clothing designed to have specific functional properties incorporating new fabrics and technologies, but worn as everyday clothing.

>Recommended introduction into Techwear:
dressed-down.com/

>Inspiration Gallery
(Feel free to recommend more)
imgur.com/a/WtpWX/5

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/k5z2ZyB0
youtu.be/kGI6dnIu-MU
youtu.be/HEVdXPswHNc
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/16/intro-to-techwear-pt-5-inspiration
soundcloud.com/ihavenomanas/sets/9up
youtube.com/watch?v=1i1c0bFNfHM
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-part-1-the-bas
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-pt-2-beginners-buying-guide
pastebin.com/GWjdChgd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brands that have Techwear Clothing or aesthetic:

pastebin.com/k5z2ZyB0

4Dimension
>Small Taiwanese label producing inexpensive techwear outerwear, tops and pants. Quality is on par with Guerilla Group, not comparable to large manufacturers such as Nike or Acronym but they are specifically targeted at the techwear aesthetic and this is a much cheaper alternative than Veilance and Acronym for brand new items. Fit is on the small side.

Acronym
>Military aesthetic, fashion forward cuts and functions, latest technical garments. High price. Footwear collaboration with Nike more form over function. Very strong resale and hard to get cheaply.

Adidas
>Sportswear brand with footwear lines that can work with the aesthetic such as the Tubular and Flux range. Certain apparel from Adidas Performance and Originals line can be found with technical fabrics and futuristic aesthetics. Outlets and eBay can be used to find good deals. Quality is quite high for the price.

Arcteryx LEAF
>The Law-Enforcement and Armed Forces line of the outdoors brand Arcterx. High priced but good build quality and materials. Can be found on the second hand market on eBay sold by retired soldiers relatively cheap. Mix with casual elements like sneakers to reduce the military/tactical look of these pieces.

Descente Allterrain
>Techwear diffusion line by a Japanese outdoors brand. Quality and price are high and tends to be slightly over-branded for the aesthetic.

Guerrilla Group
> Military inspired futuristic streetwear that is affordably priced for brand new items. Limited use of technical fabrics and quality control is not as high as large manufacturers. If 4Dimension is the affordable version of Acronym, Guerrilla Group is the more affordable version of WTAPS.

Maharishi
>UK streetwear brand with a military/utilitarian aesthetic. Can be found cheaply used on eBay, especially from the UK. Limited use of technical fabrics. Good source of cargo pants and bombers.

Neighborhood Technical
>Technical diffusion line of a Japanese streetwear label. Rare and difficult to find. Check Yahoo!JP auctions. Interesting fit and use of some technical fabrics.

Nike (NikeLab, ACG, Sphere, NSW)
>One of the best sources for inexpensive techwear garments. Numerous shoe models work with the aesthetic and have some of the best footwear technology in the world. Waterproof clothing and farbics such as Gore-Tex can be found across many product lines. Nike Sphere is often discounted and marketed towards runners and is a good source of inexpensive waterproof shells. ACG is expensive new but resale is poor and eBay is a good source for cheap second hand jackets and pants.

Prada Sport
>Technical sportswear by luxury fashion house Prada. Uses top quality materials and construction is excessively good (6 rows of reinforced stitching in places). Second hand market is filled with this brand on eBay, especially from the UK. This is an affordable way to get a top-quality Gore-Tex shell. Pants are another good item from this brand with wide cuts and technical stretch materials. Minimalistic designs work with the aesthetic and colorways are typically black, navy and beige.

RLX
>Technical sportswear diffusion line of Ralph Lauren. Well-made and plenty available new and second hand heavily discounted on eBay in the US. Especially good for pants, but some outerwear softshells can work with the aesthetic. Very rare to find good technical fabrics in this brand, but they do exist.

The North Face
>Outdoors brand that can be found anywhere new and used. Can be very expensive and resale is decent because of strong demand from the general public and outdoors enthusiasts. Outwear shells and backpacks can work with the aesthetic.

Veilance
>Arcteryx’s minimalist urban line. Very high priced, high resale. Hard to find a good deal on this even second hand. Good construction quality and use of materials. Arguably the best quality for urban technical apparel alongside Prada Sport. Simple, mostly black designs are versatile and work in a range of styles.

WTAPS
> Japanese streetwear label with military references. Occasionally has technical fabrics and design elements. Resale of this brand is high due to streetwear demand.

Y-3
> Sportswear collaboration between Yohji Yamamoto and Adidas. Construction is not robust, more suited for a fashion oriented look than real performance outdoors or for exercise. New Y-3 Sport line has recently been released and provides more focus on utilitarian designs and less on the fashion aspect.

Final Home
>Japanese streetwear brand with military and urban design references. Quality is low but the design aesthetic works very well with techwear. Don’t expect any technical fabrics. Can be found on eBay for a moderate price used.
Stone Island Shadow Project
>Diffusion line of C.P. Company, an Italian sportswear/casual clothing company. High priced with good resale. Some technical materials used, strong urban military design references.

Mission Workshop
> Cycling oriented designs, high quality construction, use of technical fabrics ranging from neoshell to schoeller textiles. Designs are clean, prices are moderately high. Also a source backpacks and messengers with very high build quality.

patagonia
>outdoor line with a focus on ethical/eco friendly manufacturing processes. more focused on performance than tech aesthetic, but their serious tech pieces are done in modern and fashionable cuts for the most part. similar to TNF except their garments are taken seriously within the innawoods community. Comparable to arcteryx.

Icebreaker
>Merino wool line with offerings ranging from stealth-tech to tech aesthetic. Great for F/W baselayer. Among the highest quality merino fibers you can get. Great hoodies and tech button-ups.

outlier
>casualwear looking tech line with amazing shorts and pants, but also some other good offerings. more of a focus on aesthetic than function.

prAna
>yoga line with very good stealth-tech pants and shorts among their line. amazing price to quality ratio. similar to outlier, but more budget-minded with a greater focus on function.

REI co-op
>budget oriented techwear basics line. best budget puffies in term of insulation and construction/hardware. casual look.

Polartec surplus
>Dope affordable military surplus fleeces that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. Great starting point for midlayer.

Outdoor research
>Affordable hit or miss (in terms of aesthetic) line, best functional rain shells you'll find under like $400 (helium 2 HD) and good soft-shell offerings.

Darn tough
>Only socks you need to own, highest quality you can get. Big time techwear staple, but 1-trick pony line.

Well, not quite true about Darn Tough now. They have branched out into "dress" socks. I have a couple of pairs for office wear... they're more like a 1 1/2 trick pony now.

Hey guys, awesome last thread. I'm looking for some non-pricy pants for me to cop. Any suggestions? Cargo, joggers, anything.
>General General
We'll sweep this one under the rug OP

Does anyone know of anyone who sells any of the Japanese techwear in Europe?

Don't know where in the EU you maybe in, but there's Y-3 in London and France.

I was wondering more about stuff like alkphenix and civilized, I'm in the UK but EU on the whole is okay

Music inspiration anyone?
Boy Noize
youtu.be/kGI6dnIu-MU
youtu.be/HEVdXPswHNc

This just came across my Tumblr feed... seems techy-enough, even if it is Beckham?

Speaking of that, can people post good techwear-esque Tumblrs?

Strictly raw is brilliant

>Stone Island Shadow Project
>Diffusion line of C.P. Company, an Italian sportswear/casual clothing company. High priced with good resale. Some technical materials used, strong urban military design references.

Would change that, Sportswear Company owns SI and C.P. and Shadow Project is a diffusion line of SI.
That started as a discourse with the lads from ACRONYM.

Most of their outerwear regardless of line are using some pretty exotic and technical fabrics. Both lines sometimes have exclusive fabrics but they also share a few. They are also rather good at dying and colours, I would say most of their outerwear is dyed these days.

I do love the brand, despite the occasional quality issues (happens more on experimental jackets with strange fabrics, think seam tape getting loose..) they strike a fine balance between looking tech and normal, also devoid of branding apart from the removable patch.

This '15 parka jacket is probably my favourite SI piece.

Also the hood on this is brilliant. The black inner band is semi-rigged and malleable besides being removable and gives it shape because the fabric on this jacket is incredibly thin.

I mean, yeah he wearing all monochrome black. Something that's common in most techwear fits, but doesn't make it tech wear or even "techy-enough".

Dressed-down has a page on inspiring blogs:
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/16/intro-to-techwear-pt-5-inspiration

Hopefully the one that runs the paste bin comes around to change it.

Damn that's cool

NoMana
soundcloud.com/ihavenomanas/sets/9up
It's really, really good.

Here after a fewthat could work with the aesthetic;

Gesaffelstein,
The haxan cloak,
Perturbator,
Ivy lab

It is too bad the seam tape is getting loose around the edges, it just doesn't adhere well to this fabric which does feel lovely.
Also without the hood the jacket has a small mao collar which works rather well with a suit.

Also I advise to check out their cargo pants, very slim fit for cargos, again solid fabrics as well.

These don't go fast.

If you have any other questions on SI, I may know too much about the brand and a friend of mine works for them so I can relay them to her if I'm out of my depth.

Oh and canblaster

Is it not possible to get it repaired, I know you can just buy gore seam tape, but I think it helps to have some knowledge of the stuff to fix it yourself?

Sugoi Oniifam, I really like the Perturbator.

Nike x Undercover GYAKUSOU
>Undercovers Jun Takahashi expresses his love for running with his collaboration with NIke, GYAKUSOU. this line is form and function, jun uses Nikes world class running technology and produces sleek looking DRIFIT racer jackets, tees, shorts, and leggings, and of course shoes perfect for running fans. Contrary to most tech wear brands Juns GYAKUSOU uses a lot of color.

Excuse spelling errors

Just curls in the corners where it rubs against other fabrics, not really a big deal just annoying considering it's 1K and I never had this issue with any of their other jackets.

The fabric is so thin my normal tailor who also does ski and sailing suits and is therefore very comfortable with tape doesn't dare to touch it with the heat required to make it stick, so let alone me.

>that seam tape is still intact.

That's fair enough, if it's delicate then best not to fuck with it. Either way it really is a beautiful jacket

Uniqlo
>Very budget friendly, recommend for buying bases. Such as their AIRism underwear and T-shirts. Some other pieces like their jackets (Parkas especially) and active wear hoodies are respectfully placed and make great items to have for a budget fit.

>filename

DONNIEEEEE

Has anyone tried the Frank + Oak State Concept?
I'm not expecting top tier quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=1i1c0bFNfHM

One of the reasons I don't wear it too often.

Most practical SI jacket I own is a down filled M65 from F/W 13 or 14 with what looks like a liner but is actually just two flaps sown behind the main zipper, great for really cold to medium warm days.

Fabric is their more commonly used Micro Reps Down, pretty though Polyester/polyamide blend treated so that even after spending an hour in torrential downpour the water still beads off.

And it has more pockets then you can manage.

If it comes back I would instantly buy four more, great fucking jacket.

>And girls can't focus.

That's pretty nice as well, the most tech piece I have is mission workshop Orion in orange (I'm a cyclist don't judge), still early days for techwear for me I have a couple pairs of the acg woven trousers from aw15 and I'm looking into making my own merino tees (I figure at the price they cost I may as well learn something new and get exactly what I want)

Hey guys, I want to get into Techwear. I don't have a lot of money and want to start somewhere. Any recommend pieces, brands, etc. Everything from shoes to shells.

Read this.

dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-part-1-the-bas

Then this:
dressed-down.com/blog/2013/5/13/intro-to-techwear-pt-2-beginners-buying-guide

Then the rest if you're so inclined. Everything you need will be there.

The most difficult part will be pants that aren't joggers or trackies , milsurp could be a way to go for jackets too

I'm in a similar position, but from what I've gathered Techwear really doesn't have to be too expensive to pull off, especially if you're more interested in the aesthetic than the functionality.

Nike and Adidas for shoes. Uniqlo Airism for basics (tees, tanks, underwear, etc.). Alpha Industry makes some decent outerwear (look for their collabs). Outlier makes quality stuff and their pants/shorts are amazing.

I got interested in techwear both for the aesthetic and the functionality. The idea of scaling my wardrobe down to just a few key, durable and functional pieces is really appealing to me, and in the process, should keep my initial investment down.

not to mention you can find a lot of affordable outlier pants on ebay if you watch.

What do you guys think of these? Need some hiking boots for an upcoming camping trip, but I'd prefer to get something that I could also work into my wardrobe

Thanks guys, I think Outlier, might be a pit much for pants, but I'll save up for it.

If you are just doing casual camping wear whatever that you don't mind fucking up
If you are actually into hiking comfort and functionality >>>>>>>>>>> looks cause you will fuck your legs up otherwise
That being said not a big fan of these, pretty basic sporty hiking gear design, you don't really find much good looking shit in that category though.
Lot of great shoes for sorta 'heritage' look that are functional and work great but those don't really go with techy look I guess.

Any recommend socks?

look here

in some styles a luarcore-like army boot can work

My bad, thanks.

are these cop worthy

Eh, the fw16 looks good especially pic rel.

I need top COP a backpack for next semester. Don't want to spend to much on one. I was thinking on some I seen on Mission Workshop, but still looking for something more budget friendly. Maybe an Assault backpack?

I've been using a 20l arkiv r8 for uni and it's been just perfect, really comfy, incredible build quality, great when on the bike and the vx fabric is excellent in downpours. They are expensive but damn it's a hell of a bag

a more updated pastebin someone posted in last thread.

pastebin.com/GWjdChgd

The days I dress more normal in jeans, leather jacket and boots I am reminded how much more comfortable techwear is. The anatomical construction and stretch fabrics are really great even compared to 3 year old broken in jeans and a leather that is practically molded to my body.

I hope to get this feeling once I get my fit together.

Thanks user-kun

I'm interested to see more sedated Veilance outfits if anyone has any. Actual fits worn by real people, not lookbook from Veilance's site. I've got a lot of cyberpunk techwear inspo but not much of the minimalist, more mature look Veilance seems to lend itself to.

i like when tech and street come together

it would be cool to see acronym's take on a leather rider jacket

oh fuck yes, sign me up

That inspiration gallery imagur link is years old but honestly better than anything I've seen posted online in the last few years. I want to see fits with some of those old Final Home and Stone Island pieces.

Not sure if it's the picture quality or the jacket, but that fit looks really good.

Also why is Stone Island so expensive?

because it's italian

Autumn monks is the GOAT gyakusou collection, recent collections have been kind of bland in my opinion

>those camo racer jackets

Agree 100%, that purple/grey leaf pattern is something else

Wish I had copped. I have two gyak racers from the S/S 15 line, the green camo one and the blue one with the kanji hood. Theyre nice but AM jackets are perfect

how does Veeky Forums feel about thse cheap mesh running hats?

Are those the nikelab x undercover court forces?

thanks.

Materials (small portion but it does contribute)
Italian brand name
Tiny stock
And the price itself create a sense of quality: "it's expensive therefore good"
Their margins are pretty large.

Cop or not? Might be able to get a new one for roughly 50% off retail.

*used* not *new*

Yeah, provided its in good shape. Though 50% off new price for a used one is kinda shitty. Id try to haggle down to 33% of the msrp.

Their stuff is bullet proof though. Get some tekwash and DWR spray and provided its not got any holes, it'll be just as good as new.

I'm saying this more as a /out/ poster, than a Veeky Forums... /out/-wise, the jacket is pure gold.

Thanks. Would you happen to know how these typically fit? I want something with room for layering in the winter, so I'm assuming it'll be fine if I get it in my own size (M). But I also don't want something that's going to look ridiculous in all other contexts besides a snow storm.

Its true to fit.
I have a small arcteryx hyllus hoodie. I'm 5'6" and 130lbs and its snug if i put a layer under it.

Id on pants?

been playing the new Mirror's Edge game, the story sucks but everything else is solid.

Anyway, the outfits in the game are very techwear-ish, and I was wondering where you could find boots similar to pic related (and also the pants)

Does it have a create-a-character?

Unfortunately not, it would of been a perfect game for it though, being that everything in the world is heavily stylized

Damn I might have copped it purely for a aitistic techwear dress up simulator

nah, jordan 1 black/whites

I can't fucking find pants to cop and i can't buy Y-3 or Acronym what are some more accessible pieces?

ID on mask he's wearing?

ID on the hoodie?

Oh fuck just copped these

It's the best i could find

I reccomend nike tech woven

Are they just joggers?

Yeah,i will have one set that just looks techwear with tubulars etc and one actual techwear when i go out for urban exploration with a friend

Is just an average pair of joggers an acceptable for this Aesthetic?

Yeah,it's not essentialy techwear but gives you the look so i guess you don't mind