Disregarding his retarded proposition for now, is the professor right about the left/liberals winning the cultural war?

Disregarding his retarded proposition for now, is the professor right about the left/liberals winning the cultural war?

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/10/harvard-professor-start-treating-christians-nazis/

>In a Friday blog post at Balkinization, Mark Tushnet said conservatives and Christians have lost the culture wars, and now the question is “how to deal with the losers.”

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Tushnet
balkin.blogspot.com/2016/05/abandoning-defensive-crouch-liberal.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd say he's wrong. Look at the growing alt-right movement for example. Or the how popular Trump has generally been in the US elections.

Also,
>“And taking a hard line seemed to work reasonably well in Germany and Japan after 1945.”
Yeah, it made Germany into a baby back bitch. Japan is arguable, but all of Germany's problem stem from the aftermath of WWII.

I'd say so. It is the hugely dominant ideology of the ruling classes of the western world. People who quibble with that are only really making a semantic point about what this broad established consensus should be called.

I mean, it's not completely won, but it's in a position many times stronger than the next best thing.

How about you stop misusing the term liberal or thinking 'leftism' is some kind of single ideology.
Start with that then we can start talking. (Not directed at you OP, but in general)

Yes, yes, I considered mentioning this confusion in the opening post, but ultimately it just invites faggots to pointlessly bicker about it.

I also could simple call that professor a SJW, but that would invite more faggots to cry.

Also I didn't check if he's Jewish, but it's more than likely. Let's see.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Tushnet
>Tushnet is a nonobservant Jew.

>nonobservant Jew
So basically not a Jew?

Also fun fact, one of his daughters is a lesbian Roman Catholic. She's remaining celibate due to Catholic dogma forbidding pre-marital sex. She also doesn't support gay marriage.

Trump is legit, but I think the alt-right shit is similar to libertarianism six or seven years ago, huge on the internet, unheard of in the real world.

I echo that. I see it on /pol/ and other parts of Veeky Forums, obviously, but I sometimes see it from social media screencaps and smaller news outlets.

I can only think of one example of alt-right retardation leaking into the real world.

>alt right retardation

Such as?

This guy has a serious case of hubris.

Sorry, didn't see your post sooner.

I have a friend who goes to the University of Southern Alabama. Apparently, some ministers or something showed up. They were spouting shit like how all gays are destined for hell. Also, they were calling random girls whores and lesbians for how they dressed and their haircuts. That friend of mine got called a whore and a lesbian because she was wearing Nike shorts and had cut her hair recently.

Not a very extreme example, I know, but it's the only one off the top of my head I can think of.

Christian fundamentalist are alt-right?
You know you have to be 18 or older to post here?

Fair enough. It's honestly the only thing I can think of in recent memory that even REMOTELY resembles /pol/ IRL.

I admit, I need to do more research on just what exactly compromises the ideald of the alt-right.

>I need to do more research on just what exactly compromises the ideald of the alt-right.

Imigrants get out reee, LMAO niggers, tfw when no GF and le Deus Vult.

Don't forget degenerancy, I know they go on about that at least.

>In a Friday blog post at Balkinization, Mark Tushnet said conservatives and Christians have lost the culture wars, and now the question is “how to deal with the losers.”

He ousts himself as a massive regressive "leftist" here. He lumps conservatives and Christians in the same camp, and uses the word "how to deal with the losers". He is essentially advocating totalitarian thought policing.

I also hate the word "conservative" because it is so subjective. In many ways people tho pride themselves as "liberals" and "progressives" are very conservative because they are incapable of letting go of ideas that previously were progressive.

I think the resurgence of 3rd wave feminism is a great example of this. The west was pretty happily moving away from feminism as an ideology, most women did not identify as feminist. But some old women wanted to keep their gynocentric ideology relevant and started preaching it harder.

But yeah, my point is: Progressives of today, are the conservatives of the future. 2nd wave feminists are being pushed out of feminism because they have "unacceptable" opinions of trans people. Those who are now pro-lgbt will be voting against pro-polygamy when they're old.

The right has for the past 60 years been more about libertarianism and neoliberalism rather than conservatism.

If you really want to use the left-right dichotomy, you shouldn't divide left and right on the basis of whether they are conservative or not because it is so subjective. Using economics is far better.

As for "is the left/liberals winning the culture war", ask yourself.

The whole resurgence of PC/""liberal"" culture is just a sham so that big corporations that advocate neoliberalism can sell shit/divert the public eye. Same goes for politicians. Just look at Clinton and her leaked messages.

The left in is shambles. It is being manipulated by big corporations. When was the last time you saw a leftist politician who wanted to restrict immigration to protect workers rights?
Or a leftists whose primary interest was a strong middle class and workers rights?

t. a leftist

The alt-right is somewhere between a reaction to PC culture and immigration plus memes, and full /pol/ crazy shit. But it's really not from a Christian moral decency stuff angle, though I don't think alt right would tell those people to fuck off.

But telling dykes and sluts they'll rot in hell is just good old fashioned religious right nutjobbery, not really alt-right, despite some inevitable overlap

The actual blog post doesn't mention Christians though
balkin.blogspot.com/2016/05/abandoning-defensive-crouch-liberal.html

Maybe he edited it out? Or it was spin?

Yeah, I see. Just thought what I brought up might fit into that spectrum.

Incidentally, there was a thread on /pol/ about what the alt-right's unified beliefs should be. Someone suggested they should be an atheist group, but then others said no, as they thought athiesm was too associated with the the left they hate so much.

Leftism is about anti-racists pushing globalism and culture policing now, sorry buddy. You're on the right now.

>muh wall
>muh i dont't understand the purpose of taxes

The guy said liberals had won, not leftists.

Most Jews are nonobservant, their Judaism is purely cultural. WW2 dealt a pretty decisive blow to Judaism as a religion.

The guy's an idiot tho. The USA has been Liberal since it's founding, both it's parties and every one of it's presidents has been some flavor of Liberal.

cause the right isn't being manipulated by corporations right?

>hurrr no taxes, thats economics :D

Fuck all liberals, SJWs, nu-males and you cucks of Veeky Forums. How does it feel knowing that your grandchildren will live in worse conditions than you, when you live in better conditions than your grandparents. We can change this but you choose not to.

That's funny because environmentalists are saying the same thing to you and you probably think they're crazy

I don't understand people who try to politicise ideas like atheism. Surely the only factors that should determine whether or not someone is an atheist is whether they believe in God or some other deity or some such.
What do unrelated political beliefs held by many atheists have to do with it? I mean, how could somebody's beliefs about how society should be run affect their beliefs about the origin and nature of reality? It makes no sense.

You can hardly even choose to be an atheist or not, anyway. Either you believe in God or you don't. You can't just decide to believe otherwise someday. Of course your beliefs can change, but you can't just force them to.

the left is about identity politics and resentment towards whites and men, just join the alt-right instead of holding on to a pre-1960s conception of what the left is

your post
so learned
your talk radio diploma is showing again
my sides!

How do you even lose a culture war?

This is a very irrational way of looking at things.

The Amish will remain Amish, Jews will remain Jewish, Muslims will remain Muslim, hispanic Catholics will remain hispanic Catholics, rednecks will remain rednecks, just because liberals are a majority doesn't change the fact that America is a patchwork of different groups, not one centralized collective blob.

This article is bait pretty much.

>MY POLITICAL SPORTS TEAM IS WINNING
>LOL BTFO, SUCK IT LOSERS

OP would still be a loser no matter who's in charge. That's what makes this post so funny.

Because religion is a cultural, social and political phenomenon. There is more to it than Genesis 1:1. There are liberals and conservative in religions, too.

/pol/ debates its merits and faults for the purposes of helping with their objectives, such as stable families, social cohesion and survival.

>/pol/ debates

no I didn't make it up
that's what he posted!

The working class male declined as a voting block, so why would any Leftist party oppose immigration.

Politics and politicians just react to wider shifts. We massively overestimate their ability to impact the course of history.

"Alt right" = white teenagers reacting