SS17 - London Collections Men thread

Post and discuss things you like, love and hate about the new collections. I'll kick it off with some of my favorites

Other urls found in this thread:

businessoffashion.com/articles/fashion-show-review/dreams-and-reality-craig-green-london-collections-men-ss17
businessoffashion.com/fashion-week/2017ss-mens/j-w-anderson/collection/look/1
businessoffashion.com/articles/fashion-show-review/role-reversal-agi-and-sam
fuckingyoung.es/qasimi-springsummer-2017/
businessoffashion.com/fashion-week/2017ss-mens/wales-bonner/collection/look/17
youtube.com/watch?v=91uDIJ6CAAQ
businessoffashion.com/fashion-week/2017ss-mens/aitor-throup/collection/look/1
newobjectresearch.com/
thedailysketchbookarchives.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nyG0YsLtKAk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Craig Green

businessoffashion.com/articles/fashion-show-review/dreams-and-reality-craig-green-london-collections-men-ss17

One of the most exciting designers out there atm, love how he keeps constructing his vision by building on his previous collections. Lovely to see some more color this year too.

J.W. Anderson

businessoffashion.com/fashion-week/2017ss-mens/j-w-anderson/collection/look/1

Not my favorite designer (although I love what he's doing at Loewe), but together with Green the most interesting thing that has come out of LCM in the past few years.

I think this is his most masculine collection yet, and one of the first where I'm not put off by over the top weirdness.

Agi & Sam

businessoffashion.com/articles/fashion-show-review/role-reversal-agi-and-sam

This one surprised me, could see myself wearing a lot of this collection.

Styling was very hit or miss though, while there were great moments a lot of bad fits ruined the show as a whole for me. Also, some strong Raf FW16 vibes on some of these fits

Qasimi

fuckingyoung.es/qasimi-springsummer-2017/

Pretty cool, though small collection

So excited for Aitor Throup today, Wales Bonner should be interesting too.

Trenchcoats were nice too

Wales Bonner

businessoffashion.com/fashion-week/2017ss-mens/wales-bonner/collection/look/17

some of the fits are definitely reminiscent of yohji, I like it. still hoping to cop something from her first collection.

I'm in love with that jacket

how does this stuff sell enough that these people can stay in business, literally no one wears this

>those sleeves
M8 that's Chinese countryside core. Been a decades long trend there :^). Knew some designer was gonna use it sooner or later

even if it wouldnt sell anything at all, it would create an image and mood for the consumers to want to associate with by buying their pret a porter and thus being the indirect cause for financing

think of it like this, if people didnt associate louis vuitton with wealth and exclusivity no one would want their bags, but girls see celebrities and their idols and even just people they think look good on the street having the bags so they want them too

Most of these are pretty limited and very expensive, but people definitely do wear stuff like this, although a lot of those people work in the fashion industry.

youtube.com/watch?v=91uDIJ6CAAQ

Pretty interesting talk about Grace Wales Bonner and the new collection

Where's here? Got any examples because I quite like it

I'm really in love with her stuff, she's introducing the mainstream fashion world to african fashion and it's really setting her apart from a lot of these other designers. I hope she becomes as popular as galliano, margiela and many of the other great designers.

>>refugee core

KTZ x HBA

Completely unexpected direction from anderson and green imo, maybe patterns will be a big theme this season
Liked this coat in particular from Anderson, reminds me of the aw06 raf boots
Wales bonner has been pretty great too although more refined than some of her counterparts

does anyone know if alexander mcqueen will be showing in london this time?

Don't think so, dunno why you care tho, he's dead

O

In what world is this reminiscent in any way of yohji

The shirt in
and the skirt here kind of do, but yeah I don't see much Yohji in Bonner

Aitor Throup

businessoffashion.com/fashion-week/2017ss-mens/aitor-throup/collection/look/1

Presentation looks amazing, hoping to see some video footage soon, also don't think (or hope) the pictures do the clothes justice, pretty underwhelming to see them this way.

newobjectresearch.com/

thedailysketchbookarchives.com/

That's it.

it's definitely not my bag but KTZ had some pretty cool fits

another

aitor throup looks absolutely sick too

best collection so far baka desu senpai

second best is def jw anderson

This seems like the weakest LCM season in a while, with the calendar being slimmed down and everything. Looking forward to Kiko tomorrow, been following his progress for years since the styleforum days and it's quite inspiring what he's been able to make of himself

Everything felt like a continuation of last season, which is totally fine, but there weren't any exciting shows for me yet.

MAN is usuaully exciting but the newcomers pergotesson (?) was really generic and feng chen wang just seems like an experiment in form with not much else going on. Charles Jeffrey's conviction in his vision is admirable but 3 seasons later what was an exciting novelty seems to be stagnating and the commercial viability is questionable - but maybe just because I'm not in London and don't relate to where he's coming from / the people he designs for. Have any retailers picked him up? Because I can't find any.

Rottingdean Bazaar @ Fashion East was neat but seemed like an experimental project rather than a serious attempt at a label. Maybe that's what it is.

It was interesting to see Craig Green return to prints and lots of color but other than that not much else in it for me.

I think that's really about it for now

Oh and I was put off by the over the top styling at JWA, for me his strength lies in his subtle off beat twist on classics but whatever of that may have been present was overshadowed by the dizzying array of layers and print and everything

This is the most try hard looking shit.

Most of these lose money or barely break even. The hope is that there is some runaway success somewhere in the product portfolio to cover years of losses.

Back to mfa my man

this nigga can't even see goddamn why the hell you pale motha fuks crazy as all same shit damn

high fashion is (at least ideally) more of an artistic venture than a business one

why the hell this bitch gettin beat in the rearstage man this shit is iffed... giving her drugs fr that body no doubt i see she's on the path i've gone and truly seen this

I would wear this.

thanks me too

im sorry to tell you this user, but you seem to have contracted niggeritis

i didnt know you were allowed to model without perfect skin

fucking YUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=nyG0YsLtKAk

Footage of the Aitor Throup presentation

So fucking good
God I love his work so much

fuuuuck

Why is fashion week so early this year?
aren't the SS collections usually in September?

Men's fashion week usually happens in June right before couture week (July). Women's fashion week usually start in September.

>literally autism-core

This is great.

Love it when designers incorporate influences of traditional folk fashion into more modern aesthetic.