/2001/

I'm really into the pop punk/suburban faux punk style of the early 2000s, does it still have any remnants remaining? And I don't mean the evolved fashions of a similar style, but the same old tube socks and skate shoes with khaki shorts that was popular in that time. Does anyone still dress like this and does this style have a chance of making a comeback?

Slim has taken root in the mainstream for now and does not look like it's leaving anytime soon.

If you want to dress like this then just do it fag. No one but yourself is stopping you.

I guess. I'm just self conscious about it since I'm specifically going for a look from a different time period. It's kind of like trying to be a 70s Rock N' Roller in 1996.

underage b&

>a #sototesnotbae style from the 2000s would be known by youth of today
Or maybe that's just your go-to reply for "things I don't like so must be underage"

You need to own that shit though.

Just get some straight/loose fit pants and shorts and sneakers to start off. I however would avoid wearing branded tees and shit like that.

What's the problem with branded tees? Aside from the fact that older ones are hard to find/expensive.

You want to be a walking billboard user?

anyone with memories of that time is physically incapable of distancing themselves from it and therefore would not be actively seeking to dress like that

I notice you didn't say how old you are

therefore, we can assume you were born some time around the second Dubya administratoin

its a sign of the times

So you are going to choose to dress like a tool just because you want to emulate this look?

It's more for look than free advertisement, besides many of the brands associated with that style are now mostly rare collectors items. Never seen anyone in an Atticus hoodie or Role Model fitted cap.

Try the first.

Aren't I kind of already? Like you said I need to own that shit so I might as well go all out.

im not op, I meant certain brands were big at the times so wearing a hurley tee helps place the style. or dickies shorts, etc.
same deal with shoes.
when was the last time you saw those sideways E chunky etnies shoes?

too bad I hate hurley or id send you my old hand me downs I got from my cousins years ago. I spray painted over one so it said "hurl"

I'm pretty sure that people still wear t-shirts with khaki shorts and skate shoes user, holy shit do you ever leave your house?

Off course but most sensible people don't want to look like a tool. If you choose to focus on the brand logo tee shit you are no better then some faggot hypebeast.

I think you should focus less on the brand shit and focus more on the fits, colors, and silhouettes. That is the more important aspect.

Heh.

Yeah I guess that would be better, since like I said those brands are hard to come by nowadays thanks user.

Mate even if he was 17 he wouldn't remember this. 2001 was 15 years ago.

the fits, colors, and silhouettes go hand and hand with the brands...
certain brands were only active or big during certain periods of time and those factors are part of what keeps the memory of the period linked with the brand

this desu

I used to be a "focus on everything except for the brand" meme faggot and while yes it may be true that the brand should not be the focus it certainly changes your look. Certain brands were worn by certain types of people and if you wear that brand you affiliate with them. Not that hard really

I agree.

Maybe I did not make the distinction though. there is a difference between certain brands that have the name hidden on the inside or something like that, and brands that put their logo giant on your chest.

If you really want to wear a large hurley logo on your chest then go ahead.

I personally don't wear things with visible branding. Even go out of my way to seam rip labels off and shit. In my opinion without the clutter of someone elses name plastered on me, I stand out for who I am.