What is the purpose of short-sleeve button-ups? Are they meant for children?

What is the purpose of short-sleeve button-ups? Are they meant for children?

fuck off, mate. i just bought one today.

Only the autistic 2010 ones like your pic that are cut extremely shitty and have god awful patterns

They're meant for the summer. If you can't come to this conclusion on your own you're an idiot. Even more so they can show off your arms and if you're fit it makes you look better.

nah you guys are extremely buttplasted shortsleeve button ups are fucking gay as shit

they be sick familia

The one without these faggy patterns are for adults to where when the weather is hot you little fucking cunt

What about during the summer
What if I live in a tropical climate

For when it's hot and your arms fill out the sleeves.

just roll up your normal sleeves like a normal adult

There are a lot of bongs on here who are unaware of the existance of summer. It's like LA there except instead they skip summer. It was 105F out today.

they aren't for you, skeleton

This will look autistic and try hard. Say it's a night out at a beach bar or summer bbq

Fucking bongs don't understand that.

People in roo land and anywhere south of the mason dixon know the formula for summer. You lift weights because you will have to show skin most of the year.

You don't wear a long sleeve shirt rolled up when its hot. It will look retarded. Long sleeve button down shirts + shorts don't work.

If it's linen or seersucker you can, but not a fucking cotton obd.

Linen pants man, they are the greatest thing for heat.

Who sells some nice short sleeved buttoned ups?

An good fit, ID on anything?

lemaire ss14

Short sleeve/summer inspo?

unbutton, throw a white basic underneath, a nice pair of sunnies and you're set

perfect summer outfit

>perfect
haha okay lurk more

>white t shirt under button up
how to look basic bitch 101

basic tshirt = basic look

its for teens wanting to show off muscles

good for beach

i'd rather buy long sleeves and roll them up too

youre probably a buttblasted twink with ugly arms hahaha its ok you probably wear hoodies 24/7 shh its ok

+1

I gotta agree with op here, short sleeved buttondowns suck Hawaiian dick.

Only exception that doesn't look inferior to rolled sleeves are the ones without an undercollar, similar to pic related. Otherwise it's McDonalds-core.

Nothing more retarded than short sleeved shirt buttoned up all the way up your neck.

threads like this really turn me off Veeky Forums

they look cute and preppy, good for casual fits for when you autists aren't trying to look super cool rick owens, techwear, palewave

though if you put a plain white tee, people would argue about how shit they are even though there's nothing intrinsically wrong with it because people are so desperate to project their fucked up values of fashion

In what universe is plaewave considered "cool & trendy"?
It's literally the simplest form of streetwear clothing. And dressing streetwear is oftentimes inevitable for some people.

Otherwise I partially agree, bout them sleeves I mean.

>diagnosing others with autism
>not being able to comprehend the idea of rolled up sleeves in warmer climate
Wew lad.

man go to a palewave thread and tell me 90% of it isn't people asking "is this palewave?? are these jeans palewave??" and pretending like it's a lifestyle

and look at WAYWT threads and see the odd "I'm trying out this pale fit desu" post and see how incredibly awkward and stiff it is, usually H&M garb with some CP's. It's just normcore with more white t shirts.

I was wrong to put in the same strain as "super cool" trends, but man palewave is probably one of the most embarrassing things this board has ever spawned

>spawned
I've always thought that it originated from reddit.
I don't mind the colour scheme and pieces it uses, and I actually might try it out at some point as it's only non-monochrome kind of streetwear I can get behind.
Anyway, I get your points and appreciate the way you discuss desu, I was almost certain you were gonna post some memehate.

Just buy longsleeve button ups. This way you can roll up the sleeves if required. Ain't no rocket science.

it might've been born in reddit, but it lives on pretty strong here.

I tried out palewave at one point to be honest, and it was odd. The whole wave-y thing where you have to be chill and lax like your clothes; it just feels so forced. If u wanna project how carefree and shit you are then you either have to go full hippy or just give up on fashion as a hobby to make it seem genuine.

But also, thanks. I try not to add to the mindless toxicity of this board but I'm sure I come off as condescending as fuck. All that really matters is that short sleeved shirts are a basic piece of clothing that the majority of people can pull off, thus it isn't v. popular on here.

A good rule of thumb is:
"If it has a name, don't do it."

Completely dooming pale colours and styles of clothing coherent enough to make a "label" for themselves seems utterly stupid.

M I L S P O
I
L
S
P
O