It's another Lindybeige talking absolute bollocks episode

It's another Lindybeige talking absolute bollocks episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sPLGh7TvIJA
youtube.com/watch?v=L3wIYWG-cz4
youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
youtube.com/watch?v=PbhANeJL_T4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally who the F U C K is "Lindybeige"?

could you post some examples?

Any video is which he talks about firearms.

>Soldiers with Zweihanders swung them in a figure eight and charged into pike formations

they were used to lop off pike heads and open up areas for other infantry to break through

>he doesn't know who Lindy is

Just look at today's video

im no /k/ommando, so it sounds reasonable to me that an innacurate machine gun was used for pinning down a large group of men while a more accurate one served better for picking them off

is there something wrong with that?

>people with pikes never fought in combat, I know this because some reenactor told me it was hard to reenact conbat with pikes.

>Veeky Forums always talks shit about Lindybeiege
>never seen him, assume Veeky Forums is right, that he's just some guy who thinks he knows everything when he knows jack shit
>whatever
>pops up in recommended, decide to watch him
>actual informative videos with well thought out points and the guy is quite funny without any sense of arrogance or superiority
Well i fell for the Veeky Forums hate train again.

Come on, you can do better than this user.

Doesn't change the fact that he often talks out of his ass

>class should be rigid because rich people are biologically superior

lmao what, link that shit

youtu.be/sPLGh7TvIJA

>after 1944 the british army were winning consistently
>british army
>this means the bren was better than the mg42
Holy shit the delusion

Sometimes, but it's not exactly this stuff is facts written in stone, it's all open to interpretations, many people will think you are talking out your ass on things too. If someone watches a guy and thinking everything he says is 100% true then you're fucking stupid.

>people called it the spandau back then.
did he just make this up because i have never heard this anywhere but from him

when does he say that this is because they're biologically superior?

obviously there are some flaws with his reasoning, like how there are births continually happening and some people born to parents in one social class don't 'belong' in that class because of their skills/intelligence/aptitude etc. but I don't see how you arrived at that conclusion

I also don't think he's arguing that social rigidity is a good thing either, it would in fact be necessary for a pure meritocracy to exist

>Fucking Veeky Forums at it again

What the actual fuck is up with all the @lindybeige hate. Everyone on the hate train just hates him for a fucking ego boost from everyone else on the hate train

>vicious cycle + ego orgy = Veeky Forums
>if i join the hate train will Veeky Forums think I'm cool, and not see through my Pseudo-Intellectual force field

Watch the cinquedea video where he randomly criticises some reenactors kit for no reason and keeps trying to bait one into saying something stupid.

Also while being completely oblivious to the notion that weapons are meant to kill people.

>it must be a hate train
>not genuine criticism of the idiocy he keeps coming out with

Hi Nikolas. Noone calls it a spandau you fucking idiot.

The bren WAS better than the mg42

>he randomly criticises some reenactors kit for no reason and keeps trying to bait one into saying something stupid.
when did this happen? are you just making shit up

>Watch the cinquedea video
>when did this happen?
Pretty sure he meant this video user
youtube.com/watch?v=L3wIYWG-cz4

yeah i watched the whole video and none of that happened

>Mail coifs never existed and were actually really thick cloths
I like a lot of his videos but sometimes he says absolute bullshit like that.

The fact that you know all this drama means you must pretty religiously watch his videos all while professing to hate him

When does he say that, i specifically remember him saying mail would often be a coif

Anyway this is his best video
youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

He didn't say it like that and he was right.

just google cinquedea, its literally the first thing that pops up.

>did these exist? They do now!
>so it was a very thorough weapon?

he even mentions his fucking sources
DID YOU EVEN LOOK THEM UP?

>Implying they aren't

I love how he points out the lack of spears, so many people think spears were hardly used after the bronze age which is completely wrong

He's criticizing people who think meritocracy isn't working because only certain types of people are in certain positions, when in reality it shows it works exactly as intended.

You see some people thinks everyone who completed high school should instantly get jobs with top tier pay grades just because 'there qualified' and don't have the awareness to realize that only the best can get the job and that there aren't an unlimited number of positions.

Mind you I do think nepotism is rampant, but I don't think that is ever going to change, I'm pretty sure its a biological drive.

While I do like his historical videos, he's still partly to blame for the "katanas are only good for cutting down unarmoured peasants" meme.

Its not a meme, its the truth.

I still think the maille would go under the padding.

That game was fun.

The machinegun video from today is right though you dumbass.

Katanas were very brittle (because they were generally harder than most blades) and not really suited to take on some armor. Also, the Sengoku era blades which had greater curves were better weapons then the post Sengoku katana, which was developed during a time of peace.

The truth would be "single-edged curved swords are only good for cutting down unarmoured peasants.

>butthurt weeb detected

>maille
>aille
>ille
>lle
>le
>le shutthefuckupandspellitcorrectly

you could at least not lie and manipulate conjectures
read a memior nigga

Why do you feel the need to shit on his videos, he never claims to be an expert and will say when he is making a CONJECTURE based on prior reasoning. Make your own videos if you hate him so much.

HE DOESN´T SAY THIS HE SAYS THAT IT MEANS THE BREN WASN´T USELESS LIKE SOME PEOPLE SAY HOLY SHIT WATCH THE VIDEO

I mean you´re allowed to be wrong

Katanas did a fantastic job of cutting up Koreans and Chinese during the Imjin War.

Yeah Koreans and Chinese not wearing full body armor

Lindy makes a lot of CONJECTURE and says things because they make sense in his head but he's too lazy to do any research to check if he's actually right. He's also very popular so as a result he spreads a lot of misinfo.

No sword (or spear) is good against people totally covered in armor. That's the point of wearing armor.

Nonetheless the Korean and Chinese armies were completely terrified of Japanese swordsmen and musketeers.

Well if you arent retarded and can distinguish conjecture from sourced fact, then there is nothing to worry about. He at least provides unique viewpoints on subjects instead of reiterating the same shit said over and over simply because some guy wrote it in a book in the 50's.

>defending the guy that claimed pikemen didn't fight other pikemen
You and Lindy should probably try looking at some primary sources.

Lindy's "unique viewpoints" might be worth more than diddly squat if he ever picked up a book instead of getting his history info from reenactment events.

His pike video was particularly embarrassing.

>swordsmen never fought pikemen
>cavalry never fought pikemen
>pikemen never fought other pikemen

Did you read what I posted?
obviously he pulls shit out of his ass a lot, thats why you dont just take what he says as fact. He generally brings up ideas that make you actually think "well how did pikemen actually fight eachother if they didnt have shields? why didnt the frontline just get fucked on both sides and replaced until everyone was dead?"
And then, like an intelligent human being, you go and read about the subject to find out more.

No I´m saying he didn´t say that and you´re a retard who cant into comprehension

I can get the same experience by teaching history to a child.

Refresh your memory.

youtube.com/watch?v=PbhANeJL_T4

"How did they fight? They probably actually by and large didn't, because no one stood around to be fought by them."

Ok, but not all of us have a child to question our adult shit lol. Ill stick to lindy to provide me with semi-though provoking topics

>hate
It is possible to point out that he sometimes talks nonsense without hating all of his videos.

Did you expect there to be someone talking about history who you agreed with on every subject?
That will never happen, so according to you, everybody else is retarded but you.

some kind of small islander

no one you should have heard of naturally

If Lindybeige did more recommendations of war memoirs, history books, and literature, including excerpts, then the channel would improve from already being fairly good.

His video on the Iliad, and of tank commander anecdotes, were among his recent best. And the guy clearly has read a lot of war biographies and historical literature.