Used/Secondhand & Vintage clothes

What are you guy's thoughts on buying vintage or used clothing. Whether it's from eBay, trailed, yjp etc. Any things you'd recommend when buying things?

Also someone give me valid reasoning on why it would be fine and the pros to buying them so I can convince my family memeber that there's nothing superstitious that comes along with it.

Grailed* damn it

Almost my entire wardrobe is second hand...

You can find some great unique stuff for cheap on second hand sites

I actually have a list of all thr things I've bought and all the savings I've made. Can post it when I get home

Sure, I'd love to see em. Recently, I got a levi's trucker. Thinking about patching it but I'm unsure.

My tip is if you're getting a levis trucker jacket, look for ones that are numbered sizes eg 42L as I find they fit better than ones that are just small medium large etc. Also size up by one and probably get a long size if you're taller than 5' 11"

I already bought one :/ in XL. I'm tall but I think it's ok

Jackets hand me down from my grandad, brown leather from like the 50/60s but still in great shape.

Here it is

It should also be noted that I've sold 6 of the items there for a total of $1100 all together so I'm actually working at a profit...

Damn, that's pretty cool man. Any tips on finding good deals and where to find legit/good pieces?

>being this incapable of thinking for yourself
not very Veeky Forums there already, might wanna cop an education before you cop 2nd hand
anyways, there's no problem when you're buying legitimately expensive and/or unique pieces second hand, there's usually the unspoken agreement that either you wouldn't have found it anywhere else (it's from an old season, it sold out super fast, etc.) and/or that you saved a lot (sometimes it's brand new and hasn't been used, sometimes it's almost falling apart but maybe people would still want it, who knows). remember that high fashion is more about artistry and whatnot -- they're called pieces for a reason, to help illustrate that they're unique and filled with creative vision. these aren't mass-produced clothes meant for wearing as necessary, they're meant to help you define who you are (or want to appear as) and to show it to those who see you. think of it like art shows where Van Gogh and Picasso and many other names would show up, where these are old works that're being traded and sold after the current owner gets bored or needs money or whatever reason, but with clothes instead of ordinary pieces of art. again, remember that with high fashion you're not dressing strictly for comfort and utility, but for ideals that you want to display or have reflected.

i just follow searches on eBay of brands I like.

My biggest tip would be don't impulse buy. Buy because you like it, not because its cheap or for brand name

As for buying legit pieces, most of those brands are mid-tier rather than designer, so there isn't many fakes. PayPal has you covered on eBay/Grailed though if theres disputes

Also I've got some dope unbranded shit for real cheap off Buyee. You can get some super unique vintage stuff from there. Just be weary of the shipping costs that get added after the transaction (usually around $30). Not too bad when you're buying jackets for $9 though

Who were you quoting by the way?

I just asked for peoples opinions in general and to gain more of an overview on its negatives and positives, if you had read the thread you'd have seen I had already purchased a vintage item recently. Nevertheless, I understand your point about obtaining unique pieces that are typically unable to get at the current time or to save.

Ahh, I'll keep this in mind. I have been thinking on impulse these days, just looking at the brand and thinking it's cheap so I may as well watch and maybe bid. Is Buyee good, FromJapan asks for all my details and identity so that's off putting. I'll look into it more, thanks.

i feel you dude my parents hate used clothing. its funny they'll like a shirt ask me where i got it, but as soon as i tell them its from a savers they dislike it lol.

Ikr, it's weird you can get good deals and nice clothes that are secondhand. But my mum seems to be fully against me buying them, even though It's my own purchases and money lmao.

the deals are crazy dude go to a store with 50 bucks you can come out with a new wardrobe

jeans and belt are caca

Stop samefagging

stop chocking on dick first.

no ones samefagging loser, people are actually having a civilized conversation on here.

It's fucking great.

Honestly when buying second hand clothing make sure you know the brand, otherwise the sizing can be whack as fuck, hell even if you know sometimes it's weird. Bought a Gant button up that ended up being way too big.

Generally when it comes to size, S/M/L/XL etc. is pretty arbitrary. If you don't know how the brand you're buying does it's sizing you may end up with something you can't use. However when buying suit jackets and stuff that has more exact sizing there is usually little to no difference.

any links to second hand stores?

>is Buyer good
Yeah buyee is pretty good, just be weary of the additional cost as you have to pay postage twice (to their warehouse in Japan, then to you). They post really quickly and Ive not had problems with them before

On eBay you can follow different search terms. Just do that with all you're favourite brands and filter them by size and price and you'll see only the best deals

w2c similar shirt/jacket ? plz I'm looking for this for so long

>replies 22
>posters 11
Lol shut up you pathetic retard

Yes, sorry I am a massive lying cum drooling faggot

>everyone has said two things
>that's not a conversation, that's samefagging!

Confirmed loser, as I said

Im searching for it too, apparently it's old ann d.

i've seen excell spreadsheets for reslling never for buying lmao
also RRP is stupid because it changes across markets, not to mention retail price is a scam anyways

Well I like to record prices in case I resell stuff, I end up liking most of the stuff once it arrives lmao