Why is he crying? :(

design

last show at jil sander i think

Bump.

go 2 a good design school maybe

but without going to a design school.

honestly
i would say to learn about the history of design for starters

do you actually want to make a career out of this? without the connections you get in school you're pretty doomed

just as a hobby? learn how to make stuff first. learn about materials. get a feel for things. find someone in the real world who can help you

Too much work
Can't i just slap edgy texts on cheap clothing?

still need some kind of pseudo knowledge about fashion design

you need some kind of clout or following so people can actually buy into your "edgy text" clothing

you need a high social status to do that edgy brand shit so people have another reason to follow you other than your horrific excuse of clothing

Thanks, any good sources for me to study that stuff?

make a snapback with an edgy text like make islam great again

i wouldn't be able to tell you directly the movements in fashion design to research

i come from a graphic design background

you can check some of these videos out and from there just pick up literature from different movements such as avant garde and shit

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWrp9r3-jQXAXA_SyIxcUFAZ35nz-9sKJ

it's a bit faggy hypebeast-esque but start somewhere right?

Make your own line of clothing based off your best fits like Miu Miu

You read.
Was a good thread giving lots of material for you to siphon during the summer a while ago,

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWrp9r3-jQXAXA_SyIxcUFAZ35nz-9sKJ
I actually already watched all of those ^^. Anyways, thanks.

monoskop.org/Monoskop

Absolutely anybody can be a fashion designer (see: Kanye and Tyler) as long as you have people who'd buy your clothes.

To achieve this you have to:
- being a part of the fashion industry and working your way from the inside OR
-being a fashion icon for some reason OR
-catering to some scene/sub-culture that you're a part of.
Either way is good, the 3rd one is by far the most accessible but you still need to have a thing for it to work, because nobody is ever going to typetype "random edgy clothing for cool kids" and somehow end up buying your collection..

>Absolutely anybody can be a fashion designer (see: Kanye and Tyler)

Absolutely anybody can be a fashion designer (see: very rich and popular musicians with access to things you have no chance in hell of accessing as a result of their money and status)

yes, anyone can become a fashion designer
but that doesn't stop you from being a millennial piece of shit with no respect for the discipline of fashion design

see

Just put an R on it.

>anyone can be a fashion designer
You're not incorrect.
1. There are naive designers up to expert designers. It's not only about being a designer, but being a skilled one.
2. Becoming an expert designer takes a really long time unless someone teaches you how to do it (or a least tells you when you are making already known mistakes).

HELLO RAFO I JUST GAVE A BIG WHOOP

bumping for interest

Can anyone remind me the name of that rich kid that paid Virgil Abloh to teach him how to design clothing?

> how to sew
> how to make a pattern
> the design thinking process
> colour theory
> history of trends and the techniques associated (fashion repeats)
>actual fashion design

You should also know about how the clothing industry works at various levels. You should have a good understanding of the industry and how to make money from it. Working in retail sales will be a good introduction. Or interning in a design room.

You should have a good handle on branding so you can communicate the feel of your designs. Trend spotting(buying strategy) and be interested down to minute details like construction and cloth composition silhouette and fit and how the minute differences are picked up by the public. And the financial repercussions of taking certain angles within those areas.

Fashion is more than just design, it's not always as pure and creative. There are always constraints, time, money, opinions... You have to learn how to work within the machine and be different enough to be successful

HELLO RAFO I JUST GAVE A BIG WHOOP

you should learn about color theory, textiles, textures, sewing, understanding trends and where to progress from there, proportions, functionality, how well an item can portray an image or expression.

HELLO RAFO I JUST GAVE A BIG WHOOP RAFO

Why us raf semens crying?? :(

Seconding this, especially the sewing part. Screen printing will only get you so far (about 6 inches).

>Absolutely anybody can be a fashion designer

Same as anyone can be a writer or musician?
Very few people make a name for themselves but thats okay

It was the first show for Dior I think.

Learn the process, not how to design clothes. I personally believe that you can't learn art because art is subjective.

So in short, study the way to go about designing, not WHAT to design.

have a target market, and understand it well.

bump

100000000% I went to a fashion school (a good one, top ten worldwide) but dropped out after deciding it wasn't for me. however, all of those things are just about everything you learn, and that's without making the connections necessary to get exposure etc. making connections is cool as fuck at a fashion school though, because it ends in either getting an internship at a place you'll really enjoy working and/or making likeminded friends.

Do i need to be really rich to get into a good fashion school? I am from a brazil so there aren't many really good fashion schools here.

Find a way to make it happen

He cried a lot in 'Dior and I'... so cute.

Do the world a favor and don't. Fashion is over saturated as fuck and there is no need for another set of watered down fits dragging down a graduate runway.

You're asking a bunch of fucking sperg lords on a Cambodian knitting website about fashion. Nice.

If you really want to do it - learn how to tell a fucking story. Really fucking well. Look at all the most prolific fashion designers- they all translate stories into clothing.

Stories are the reason you don't commit suicide every time you wake up!

What a loser