Hey Veeky Forums I am making a short film and I need some style advice

Hey Veeky Forums I am making a short film and I need some style advice.

The film takes place in Minnesota and is a Dark Comedy about a 25 year old (very neurotic and lazy) who stumbles upon a limb in a box that he bought from an estate sale.

I am trying to find a look that is a little dorky but also stylish. Any thoughts? throw what ever you have at me!

wish i could help

i'm curious to see what Veeky Forums comes up with

Is this rural? If so he's going to have to wear blue jeans

And since he's lazy he'll need some stubble

These aren't exactly qualities I'm familiar with so I can't help you, but you could also ask /cgl/ for advice.

>The film takes place in Minnesota and is a Dark Comedy about a 25 year old (very neurotic and lazy) who stumbles upon a limb in a box that he bought from an estate sale.
Could you be any more uninspired? god I hate hack indies and the filmfuckers are always the most transparent
kys

try these

OP Here,

It is going to be rural and is taking place in the summer. The actor is 6 foot, has shaggy brown hair with an average build. I can upload a picture if need be.

On my phone so I don't have any pictures, but sandals and socks are pretty stylish these days in an 'ironic' kind of way

hack indies and the filmfuckers are always the most transparent?

What the fuck does this even mean?

Also, OP came to this board for some inspiration. Instead of being a gibberish speaking faggot why don't you give him something to work with? or maybe go fuck off you cunt.

It all depends on the environment the film is. You wouldn't want some country bumpkin overall faggot wandering the big city.

what the fuck is this

he wears his inspo on his sleeve and they're all well known 'critically well-received' or commercial-indie trash from the last 5 years. Mud, beasts of the southern wild, se7en, in bruges and that one indie western with the long title and a nick cave score

retard OP didn't give any info but do dennis hopper in american dreamer, henry dean stanton in paris, texas

Decent fitting blue jeans with a black turtleneck and glasses

What's the movie called user? I live in the midwest as well and would love to see it :)

From the little we have it sounds like the best look for him would just be a country guy that knows how clothes fit. Maybe not how colors work, though. Work clothes, mostly, just ones that aren't way too big the way most worker's clothes are. Dark work boots, light wash jeans, a jacket that's kinda bulky.
For the neurotic part(and also the laziness, but to a lesser extent), he would want to control what he can to avoid becoming emotional over little things, so he'd probably wear the same thing whenever he could get away with it. i.e. same pants and shoes the whole movie, regardless of how many days go by
If you want him to look dorkier there's good inspo in the norm-core threads. 90's multicolor jackets and faded dad caps. Idk if it's a good look for a rural movie, but that's up to you

forgot to add nightcrawler where he pulled "neurotic" from. tasteless hack faggot

Go to the thrift, stuff you will need to be looking for are ; cardigans (earth toned) slim fit/skinny jeans that are cropped plain t shirts (also preferably earth toned) and something simple like converse hi tops.

Most important: make sure your lead actor is skinny.

Kramercore