Is gosha a hack?

is gosha a hack?

is water wet?

He peaked in 2014 imo. He new stuff has just been more and more disappointing, that being said his FW is way better than his SS collections his SS collections then to feel too same-y.

what about vetements? y/n

Yeah but a lot of people don't like it becuase of their fuck you attitude.

It reminds me of old school balenciaga, but it was a much needed breathe of fresh air in modern fashion

people who buy vetements are hacks. vetements itself is not a hack

>It reminds me of old school balenciaga
really?
to me, the margiela dna is still very instilled in him

depends on your definition
he's just making what he sees and what he feels should be in that subculture
which is what raf does, what hedi does etc
some people dont believe that's something a designer should do, some people think it's amazing to be able to "reinvent" a subculture/youth style and translate it onto the runway

I like how Gosha picks up random skater kids from the streets to model for him and his first few collections are pretty neat.

raf simons was doing that 20 years ago

my granduncle was doing that 40 years ago but he rapes them instead of putting them on fashion shows

>to me, the margiela dna is still very instilled in him

In a way, but this is way more direct and in your face.

i get what you're saying
it's just, having studied margiela's shows so much, when i see a vetements show, all i see is margiela with an edge
it's like rafs (especially older) shows
all i see is helmut lang with angst
and i'm not mad at it

this "vetements apes old margiela" is a really basic and unfounded belief of either brands. both are critiquing fashion esp. the fashion system in a sense but both do it in very different ways and vetements largely critiques the new phenomenon of hype. the concept of hype didn't exist back then as it is largely driven by the internet

same goes for raf and helmut

laughed out loud

I rlly want that kappa hoodie fuck you.
I think it's only really gonna resonate with you if you're either a slav or a brit who's grown up around a lot of 'chav' subculture.

vetements is a one-size-fits-all high fashion

I liked his reebok collab and maybe a "GOSHA" colorway of an adidas original tracksuit (which is a hack but hey what's an opinion) but that is IT

Kekd

Any resources for getting into actual higher end fashion that you guys can recommend? I don't know much about runway fashion and usually asking around gets a "don't expect to be spoonfed" or just plain agression.

Ofc tell me to fuck off if you don't wanna share though.

w2c jacket PogChamp

It's hard to explain. It's just something you gain knowledge of over time, like I don't know came to know the history of brands like Chanel, Calvin Klein, Margiela etc. It's just something that's happened over time. Just watch like a Doc on the history of Chanel and let your interest carry you from there.

So basically watch documentaries and stuff? I feel like coming here was good when I was first picking stuff up but it's just so shit nowadays. I don't learn anything from discussion anymore. Just the blind leading the blind.

do some reading, maybe watch show studio or something on youtube

Readings you've enjoyed senpai?

Coming here for fashion discussion is a bad choice. It's just people arguing and circle jerking opinions. Fashions just something you learn naturally, like you can watch an unboxing of a Moschino bag and some guy tells you a bit of history and you mix that with some interview from Kate Moss you just watched. I feel like it's best to get you fashion information from diffrent places and just let it foster naturally.

kris is this u

when i first got into high fashion i just began to look at big name houses an going through online archives while having notes on the side of what designer was leading during the years i was looking at
it's a way to be able to see the signature language of a designer, and when you see it all as one you'll be able to see, from the first designers (sometimes the namesake), how their identity has been redone or how some designers have ignored the history

i think at first the biggest challenge was being able to look at the clothes individually rather than the styling
a designer may style an entire collection in a way that is repulsive to you, and that can be off putting
but you need to be able to separate the clothes

however, it is important to keep in mind the styling because the designer is pushing a message or an idea that makes it a collection rather than pieces

what the anons said are great pieces of advice, too

1. check a designer you like and watch his/her shows
2. learn about that designer's history, creative contemporaries, and influences
3. look into any designers you find in (2) and repeat step 1

heard the quality of Gosha is quite sus.

Good thread boys

i like the paccbet shirt