WATCH THREAD

I like this watch, but don't want to pay that much. Would a black scuba dude with a yellow painted second hand on the same black and yellow nato strap look ok? Also general watch thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Syua2
massdrop.com/buy/seiko-premier-ssa-watch
lazada.com.my/kids-waterproof-digital-sports-wrist-watch-grey-1187318.html
itemsofbeauty.co.uk/nice-steel-gold-gents-rolex-datejust-on-black-leather
twitter.com/AnonBabble

anyone know w2c this beauty?

whenever I hear "scuba diving dude on watch" i always think "vostok amphibia"

or is taht what you atually meant?

Hey guys.

I'm looking for a reliable watch. I'm not fond of any fashion watch or whatever you call them.

I saw someone post about a Vostok amphibia that was used in two moon landings and one soyuz mission.

I want that type of watch. Military, maybe diving watches, that have a good mechanism, are sturdy, well built, and look reasonably good.

Would you happen to know any watch that fits the description?

I'm oogling the Citizen diving watch right now.

I got myslef Amphibia in 090 last week. I like it so far but I'm already thinking about new 100 or 710, Seiko Monster or SKX007 in the future. And I haven't done any mods yet.

Okay.

Regarding the picture you just posted, is the case shape the only thing different between these different models?

vostoks are known to be very hit or miss when it comes to quality, older models usually fare better from what I've heard
Citizen watches would probably be a good bet, also check out this watch for that military vibe

I'm new to this stuff but from what I've seen when getting my watch different cases have different bezels, not every case have the same dial combination, some cases are sandblased/matte (with M suffix), not every model has date. In my opinion you should first decide on case and then pick a dial.
As for quality - mine has slightly missaligned hands (full hour is about 7-10 minutes late) lume is also discussable. You should check watchuseek forum - they have many threads and photos about Amphibias.

Expecting my Amphibia in the mail by early July.

>Vostok
pls stop memeing this shit

and hasn't everyone on Veeky Forums and /g/ bought one by now, anyways?

>missaligned hands
if the watch is late, shouldn't it be the mechanism and not the hands? if it is the mechanism jest get it tuned

Copping this rn. Thoughts?

>digital watch
how's middle school coming along, buddy?

If I wanted digital I'd get that one Casio with the calculator

What brand do you recommend for a military / diving watch?

Seiko and Orient make good divers for fairly cheap

Lurk more new friend

Too poor for a nice watch

Was thinking abt copping this, until i saw it was 13mm thick.

Any ideas where i can find something similar under 1cm?

Also thinking about this for a more casual fit

Are square watches coming back?

Seen them around a fair bit recently

Just picked this up today
Was just under 300 on sale

Should I get this? I like the look of it

Really like the hands.
If you have the money, and the clothes to wear it, go for it.

Bought this for general wear and so I don't have to go watchless when at a formal event. Definitely a step up from my huge digital Armitron.

Don't get me wrong, though, that Armitron wasn't bad. Just absorbed a lot of moisture and sometimes smelled like BO on the strap.

The strap for the Burei looks a little thin, though. I'll probably just buy a thicker black one from Bi-Mart and put that on.

How the hell did I forget the picture

Man that looks cool. I kinda wish I got one of those instead of the komandirskie.

That's really nice

I'm considering getting this, I'm starting to like military style watches but I'm not sure if it's worth the money

w2c electronika watches for cheap
the only place I can find them are eBay and they're pretty expensive

Is this tacky? looking for something for everyday wear. Pretty cheap.

Yeah, it is. Why are there time markings on the rim and the clock face?

best website for cheap knockoffs?

Refer to this:
imgur.com/a/Syua2

Aliexpress

massdrop.com/buy/seiko-premier-ssa-watch

should i cop

realised u cant see link

Sure, why not?

What do you guys think? It's a little out of my price range but I'm willing to pay for the quality.

why does it have numbers on the outside? its pure digital.

also functionally equivalent to a casio and looks worse

Say what you want but it's one of the best watches on the market right now. It's more about looks than functionality.

Look at all that plastic, why do people even buy these?

This is one of the most high quality watches you can get. You must be new to Veeky Forums.

kek, you had me there for a while buddy
lazada.com.my/kids-waterproof-digital-sports-wrist-watch-grey-1187318.html

That is definitely a knock off brand. Can you not see the number dials are missing? Fucking idiot.

dont know for sure but that's probably a rotatable rim you can use to time stuff

The standards for men's watches size has changed a lot. Men used to wear watches A LOT smaller with thinner straps and they weren't less manly.
Besides, as you can see on the pic, the default strap is already as thick as the lugs allow, so a thicker strap wouldn't fit.

embarrassing post

am i cool yet??

Dug these out today after talking to my mother about watches. I don't think they are anything fancy but they belonged to my grandfather. Don't know much about them, what does Veeky Forums think?

I was thinking about buying an off brand version of that watch but I now realize it's way too big for my small ass wrist. Thanks for your post.

I like the left one, especially the strap

Same but the strap is toast. It's all stiff and the backing material is flaking off big time. Just looks like generic croc leather so shouldn't be too hard to replace.

Here's my other watches (Ebay purchases notwithstanding). The 'POLO' one in the tin came from the 1999 Frankfurt Motorshow and was some kind of promotional freebie for the new (at the time) Volkswagen Polo. The only reference to VW or the Polo is on the buckle and is virtually invisible unless you really look for it. Thought it was a nice minimalist style, found it on German Ebay unworn for something like 25 EUR. The Slazenger one was a gift but I'm not entirely sure that's it's genuine... Casio one was super cheap and I just use it at work because I don't care about if it gets smashed up.

I'm predicting the coating on the hands comes off in a month.

Anyone here wear a Marathon? Have good pedigree, this model is about $200.

wish the dial was cleaner. heard they're well made for the price though. would not cop in the end

My Vostok

Looking for a dive watch with 24 hour face, under $300, whatre my best options that aren't gshock. Pic unrelated, currently wearing this

>reliable
>Russian novelty watches
Lol no

If you can't afford a good mechanical, you certainly can't afford a crappy one like Vostok

inb4 team post purchase rationalization says they don't mind resetting their rattling crap watch every other day

There is a reason quartz is popular and it's not because it sucks. It's because you don't need to pay someone to make it keep good time. It just werks

Cheap mechanical watches are literally wrist fedoras. Kids think it looks classy, but it isn't. It's just sad

>Good mechanical

'Good' mechanical watches are already pretty bad at keeping time. My dad has to reset his Rolex every week or two to get it back to exact, my £30 Muji piece of shit quartz beater loses about 1 second a month however.

Every week or two is pretty good. Every other day, for a new watch, is horrible.

But yeah, a decent simple quartz watch is a far better choice, I die a little inside when I see people showing off their raketas and shit like that. As a prank watch it's ok; to wear that as a workhorse timepiece shows an extreme lack of judgment

Also if your muji is really getting ±1 sec/mo I'd love to know which one it is, I'll be picking one up tomorrow. Care to post a pic or some detail?

Hmm, not really my style but for HEQ at those prices I might still pick one up. I've been looking for a watch I can wear when I'm at risk of getting caught in a downpour, my 70 year old rolex gives me too much anxiety when it's grey out

It's a good watch, goes really nicely with almost every fit apart from a suit, and I get compliments on it often. The only downside is that the face is fairly bulky and it gets scratches near the edge of the dial as the picture shows, but for £30 I can't complain. Still, I'll get myself an Oysterdate from my parents on my birthday that will be replacing this as an every day.

Goes well with my fits which mainly consist of simply cut clothes in an array of muted tones, you might want something more out there if you like to dress more outlandishly.

Did I read that right, you got a Rolex for £30?

>itemsofbeauty.co.uk/nice-steel-gold-gents-rolex-datejust-on-black-leather

Not your watch

>I'm not very good at reading comprehension

Read the posts it's replying to you morons.

What the fuck? How much does a little plastic rist strap like that cost?
>This is one of the most high quality watches you can get. You must be new to Veeky Forums.
Does it compare to a Speedmaster?

Anyone know if Tissot Classic-T is anything to put money into or should I save longer and get a "proper" fully automatic watch?

What do you mean by "put money into", like you're going to pawn it later so you can make a down payment on a house? It's a $200 watch, get a grip.

Some of Tissot's watches are tasteful and understated. They are all high quality. I don't personally own or plan on buying any because they follow the trend for large cases, but I see them often, and they are popular with well dressed younger professionals. I'd probably get the quartz if I were you.

I wouldn't worry too much about a "proper automatic watch", unless you work in a status-oriented profession where everyone is making six figures, nobody is going to care what's on your wrist, they just see "a watch", and you want to look professional and not blingy or cheap. If you are going to get judged by your watch, a $1000 watch isn't going to cut it. If you are not making pretty good money, spending $1000 on a watch is stupid.

Just get the Tissot.

your watch shouldnt steal the spotlight from yourself if you are true Veeky Forums

>pic related my watch
Pic not taken by me though - stole that online because in sitting in a fucking crowded transit right now

That's disgustingly kitsch

You should look at the SKX007 deset diver mod. One for sale now. Use watchrecon to find sales

they spelled jean luc wrong on the left one

haha jk I know it's something else :p