Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums,

which high fashion sneakers impress normies the most?
i. e. which ones will get most "omg I luv ur shoes" comments from qt pa2Ts?

Pic sort of related; might interest some anyways

>inb4 sneaker elitists hating
>inb4 OP can't inb4

>talking with qts

It's funny that a quote form Keanu Reeves is used on that. He lives one of the least luxurious lives of people in his income bracket.

Every time I wear my geos I get at least 1 compliment but it's usually by some dude, idk what to say when they ask how much I paid so I just tell em I'm not answering that

>I just tell em I'm not answering that
Great way to come off like a sperg, senpai.
Say "Don't ask" in a joking tone instead at least

"high fashion" trainers are the absolute WORST.

Perhaps he chooses not to thrive in luxury and glamour, not taking it for granted, only so he can appreciate it to the fullest.

christian louboutins
jimmy choos
buscemis
guiseppe zanottis
versace
louis vuitton
gucci
maison margiela

oh you wanted to know if you would get complimented on geobaskets?
sorry, those brands listed will only get women because of their name/gaudiness.
have fun op

as hinted at by the topic of this thread, fashion is a form of communication people use to state something about themselves.
The hope is that you are conveying that you are a person of means and that you also posses the high abstract intelligence associated with putting together a good outfit that compliments your looks and surroundings.
Keanu Reeves is a millionaire many times over. I should imagine that at some income level the number of people left you need to impress is so small that you can just coast.

>implying i need geos to get women when i drive a maserati

prob mmm

yeah normies know margiela, had a girl tell me she liked my paint splatter gats and asked what are they and she was like "wow" when i said margiela

Luxury not alway = expensive

balenciaga arenas, duh

I say I'm not answering that in a joking manner desu I'm a "funny guy" (in concept not execution) in general so it kinda just comes naturally

every normie i know thinks balenciaga arenas are hot & for coolbois

>impress normies
why? does dressing to impress normies makes you better than them? or worst?

What's Veeky Forumss opinion on Layer_0? I think their shoes are pretty sweet but never see them discussed

boots: probably slp wyatts
sneakers: y-3 qasa

I think CPs and Dior will impress normies because it's not too extravagant but still looks luxurious.

Rick just looks like clown shoes

The whole thing about dressing well so that you can communicate that you have means and some such positive qualities is indeed at the core of fashion. But when you're an actor, people already know those things about you, no matter how you're dressed.

These are very interesting points. I've always known that fashion is a way to convey that one has the means and resources to support themselves and others, a form of sexual selection, but I never associated it with a "high abstract intelligence"

Looking at it that way, I have always preferred girls with a keen sense of style, as I see basic bitches and fucgirls as lacking overall intelligence. There are many people who are "book smart," but are socially inept. These types of people usually dress like garbage and inhabit boards like Veeky Forums. Someone who is genuinely intelligent, in every way, usually has a unique sense of style. and is able to grasp and discuss more abstract concepts.

People with a sense of style are more well-rounded individuals. It all makes sense now, why I've always preferred women who dress well. Though, the same can be said about people who merely emulate high fashion trends and have no actual individual sense of style. They're fucgirls and boys just as much as those who dress mall-tier.

So I suppose it hearkens back to what said "Luxury not always = expensive

and also that fashion doesn't necessarily = expensive.

good way to impress qts is buying men shoes of brands that usually make highend women shoes

read: jimmy choo, christian louboutin, etc

Veeky Forums doesn0t discuss clothes like that, go to stylezeitgeist, it's almost dead but I like lurking their thread.s

its cus theyre trash

Just buy yeezys, doesn't matter if fake normies can't tell them apart anyway.

CPs won't impress normies, that's stupid. For them they don't look different from $30 zara sneakers. To impress normies you have to wear somthing with a big logo or something a celebrity wore recently.

i like the the cp because they are minimalist and simple. but the rest are ugly desu. maybe it's just me, i don"t enjoy sneaker like before, i went to a foot locker shop few day ago and all the sneaker were strange for me, colours and plastic, a feeling a fake

layer -0 is like ma+ and guidi, except more obscure and sold only in store like elena dawson and geoffrey b small.

its cause you have no personality, cps are literally for drones who are afraid of dressing different and want to keep it safe

Now people who don't want to look like anime characters have no personality? now clothes are th only way to define somebody's personality?

Plenty of bitches at my uni know and love CPs, so get those

tfw u probably lease a ghibli because you can't afford anything else but you tell everyone you drive a Maserati
have fun with your Italian Honda
s class > ghibli

yeah bro i own (not rent) an apartment in downtown NY and drive a 100k fully loaded car, of course i cant afford anything, stay bitter

>trying to impress people via your purchases

Just go back to reddt fucking poser
People like you are the reason fashion is no longer cool.
Thanks to wannabes like you stealing another man style, those in the know stoped posting on the biggest fashion websites 2-3 years years ago.
Posers always late to any party lmao

tfw own an s class looking to buy a California turbo/some 200k roadster but I can't afford an Italian Honda Accord
but u got me there I own a house but it's not in a shithole like ny

then how are you this insecure kek you must be ugly as shit

idc about ur shit house in the suburbs and your entry level benz
stay bitter cuck

most of those shoes in the OP are spectacularly overpriced garbage without an ounce of originality or creativity in them, only retards who are easily parted with their money would buy them.

Literally, the only thing making them stand out is the pricetag.

to each his own I guess, honestly I wouldn't want to be around people who are impressed by this crap however.

bitter poorfag, the post

Bump

girls most like my lanvin black captoe sneakers and mmm paint splatter gats

I like my CPs because I can just throw them on and treat them like nicer adidas I guess

normie girls seem to like slightly unique stuff that looks nice and "Menswear"/"Nice" derbys and brogues and such

When I eventually purchase a pair of kangaroo leather DBSS I will wear them until they disintegrate into dust and that's a promise

not op but all these shoes are fucking horrible. Disgustingly ugly shoes my man. People would be laughing @ you if you wore these in the streets home slice. embarrassing

this

>slp wyatts

got a lot of (You)s for this

normies can't comprehend heeled shoes on men

Those shoes are fucking horrendous. I'm actually offended. I want to stab skewers into my eyes. If I saw someone wearing those in public I might point and laugh.

Not even memeing but semen demons always compliment my Stan smiths.

makes you come across gay desu

talk shit post pics

people are more impressed when i wore my RL sneakers than my Balenciaga or Visvim,so it's highly subjective what really impress normies the most

>yeezys
also kys u fcking poser

fucking neat
same vein as CCP/MA+/A1923/Guidi?

I have the white Ann highs. Normies fucking love them

i dont think it makes sense to spend lots of money on sneakers.
if im gonna buy expensive footwear, it's not going to be a glorified gym shoe.

ok grandpa

I have a couple of pairs of Layer-0
quality is the best I've handled including CD, Poell, etc
of all my artisanal shit they're the only shoes my cobbler was noticeably impressed by

Alessio is a brilliant craftsman and his conceptual project with Altieri, Aventindietro, was really unique even if the looks don't fit my style

holy fuck these are all so ugly lmao

mind sharing price range/pics?
this is gonna be another one of those $800 minimum artisanal brands innit

Yeah. Handmade by Alessio Zero in Italy and all that bs. He doesn't get as much recognition because he doesn't really go for anything groundbreaking like ccp or the weird folding techniques of Amadei. All these artisanal footwear brands basically came from Carpe Diem anyway.

lol yeah they're pricey
they tend to start around 1k

no pics right now it's dark and my shitty lighting wouldn't do them justice, but there are plenty of photos online

he's making some fantastic clothing as well
I'd love a pair of his jeans to use as beaters but they're out of my price range atm

people complement me/comment on my paint splatter MMM gats ever fuckin time I wear them to the point where I want to throw them away.

so yea that's my rec

Layer-0 x Inaisce highlander boots are a silly grail of mine
I'm much too short to pull them off but they're so beautiful

I'll let y'all get back to talking about high fashion sneaks now

unnnngh I want to shove these kinds of shoe up my ass
god damn

It's funny I get tons of compliments on my OG Bundeswehr gats and they're perfect beaters
I used to want MMM gats but now I'd rather stick to the bw. I'm definitely getting another pair when these bite the dust.

I feel like the majority of you Forget the fact that normies literally can't tell the difference between these shoes, and their cheaper counterparts. Unless your sneaker has some massive logo slapped on it thats easy to recognize, people won't think twice. As said before in the thread, stuff like wyatts draw a lot of heads.

are you in the same thread as I am? most of the stuff in the OP is made up of unconventional shoes made to turn heads

>implying a normie would think twice about most of those
Granted some are unique, many look similar to other shoes which cost no where near as much

Or maybe I'm just retarded cause I've been up for 25 hours. Who knows

not necessarily high fashion but my qasa's get the most comments/compliments from normies
one of my professors referred to them as ninja shoes and pointed them out every time i wore them. i had another girl ask if they were yeezy's. all in all people seem to like them. the only thing i own that gets more comments is a windbreaker i stole from my mom.

only half of em desu

Lets be honest here, plebs and normies would pick a pair of AF1s over Common Projects or Balenciagas 99.999 of the time
High end minimalistic sneakers are a fucking meme, if you want to turn heads get yeezys or some shit

Just look for chinese international students and see what they're wearing. Most of them just fall for the flashy brands e.g. buscemi, balenciaga, geos, CLs,

man this is so fucking true
there's a chinese student staying at my uncle's house and the motherfucker has everything from jordan's to prada creepers

he treats them all awfully too

Holy shit sperg confirmed

>motherfucker has everything from jordan's to prada creepers
You think they're not reps, him being a chink and all?

I'm quite certain they're real, especially given that his parents appear to be rich. They're paying my uncle thousands a month for room, board, and some meals.

I get more compliments on my Ultra Boosts than my common projects Achilles

bump

I have a pair of really worn Replay boots (some special edition or whatever) that i've gotten a lot of compliments on.

post pic i wanna see them

that's cause cps are basic as fuck simple ass non-offending normie tier sneakers
which is their fucking point

The fact that these foreign students can afford to come to the US for school already implies that their parents are wealthy.